Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,376 members, 7,800,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ (21087 Views)

Africa's high coiffure: Shocking And Beautiful Hairstyles / Creative/funny Hairstyles(pictures) / Barber's Shop: The Gallery For Men Hairstyles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:28pm On Mar 22, 2008
~ Ave read  the posts on the thread "How Much Can You Spend On your Hair" & it got me thinking about the different hairstyles i've had done on my head over the years!!

~What have been some of the hairstyles You've been brave enough to try? Haircuts?

~I started a new Topic on Raggae Music . . .That got me thinking of how much Patra Influenced me to get those Long Braids done,so did Toni Braxton with the fringe bowl cut gel haircut, grin. . .then there was Diana King. . .Aaah! My hair gets extra curly if i relax it,soo i cut it short & viola  grin where do i stop!! Those days man!!

~I'd be the first to Admit am not overly crazy about hair tongue  Am Waaay ToOo Adventurous Impulsive with my Hair SoOo if there's a hairstyle i want to try,i wudnt think long or hard about it,i'll just get it done !!

~I dont think I've attributed how i look by my hairstyle. . . good genes i suppose! I know A friend of a friend who believes she only looks good wearing her weave one particular style,you'll never see her wearin her weave any different grin

~I've bleached my hair Platinum blonde, tongue NooOo i didnt look Ridiculous, grin  dyed  it Red,Black,grew my hair into Pinkie length dreads While i was preggars,shortly before i gave birth thu i shaved it off grin Phew. . . what avent i done to me head wink

~I like Weaving in Extensions,however having bonded weave on reminded me why i wudnt let my hair grow in the first place!! I just can't be bovvered combing/lookin after the weave plus I always feel like i'm the poster child for invisible dandruff that makes me feel like I've got some itch constantly going on!! I have had my fair share of Extension weaved styles thu>> Part in the middle Or Sideways,Fringe/Bowl Cut,Straight/Curly/Wavy/Shoulder Length/Mami Water Length. . . grin

~Erh. . .Never worn a wig or Own oneI wud love to tho! I want to get the Afro wiig undecided 

~Fast foward from my Experimental days,Now I wud say I'm more comfy w/ a natural look as in  A Shaved head!! Buzz Cut Or Completely Bald!! I have tried all there was to try w/ my hair growin up & yes i did the Mohawk too  grin  Sides completely shaved off. . .Tweeked it int o the Faux hawk sometimes & let the sides grow!!

~The longest I've let my hair grow is shoulder length!! If I bovvered to look after it/care for it,it will prolly grow longer than that b/c w/o me giving all the proper care one wud imagine hair needs to grow,i've never had a problem with me hair growing Healthy/long. . .

~Anywho I'm sure  there are Tons of hairstyle some of y'll may ave tried out,that worked or didnt,want to share? grin

~Guys Dont think You're getting out of this one, cheesy

~From the Shabba Ranks haircut to Bobby Brown,Jacko Wacko's Jerry Curls grin Dish It All Out!!! wink

~Now on to hairstyles I regret Trying!! Ladies y'll remember when the "Crunch" hairstyle hit waves? Oor is it "Pineapple"  undecided

~That is just about the only hairstyle that i ave tried & washed out the same day after sittin under the Bloody dryer for the gel to dry out,had a spiltting headache!! Didnt help That my Ex Wont shut up about how strong my hair felt when i cuddled on the sofa & leaned on his shoulder. . .  lipsrsealed Now that wasnt funy then but sure hell is now me thinnking about it!! He wasnt a happy man till i washed it out that same Night, sad  I made sure i had a refund first thu grin

~Nooow i knw the guys are going to go off on this particular one!! I've heard way too many Chats w/ my girlfriends about their b/f complaining about certain hairstyles & how uncomfortable it is for them!! tongue carre to eleaborate Guys or chics who have experinced this w/ Bf or Spouses?

Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 2:45pm On Mar 22, 2008
MC na wah for you tongue
All styles eh? tongue

Compared to you am tame grin grin
Am mostly a braids person. . .it's braids or going with ma fro. Just medium sized braids. I cannot sit down for million ones. . .the medium own sef tire me sometimes.
Have never worn a weave but i want to wear them tongue Just not those coconut husk looking things grin grin Those things put me off the idea of wearing one in high school.
I have worn the big ass afro wig grin grin Well i was a party and my friend was wearing this wig, i snatched it off his head (yes a he and no he's not gay. . .he was fooling around) and wore it. That's the most i've come to wearing a wig.
Have never permed ma hair coz like weaves. . .the ones i saw looked like coconut husk lipsrsealed

I've had really long hair. . . and one day in high school i decided to chop most of it off. I cut it to about my jaw line and my mama singe my ears off with words. . .blah blah blah.
Lately i keep it at just my shoulders but now its long again and am thinking of going real low undecided but everyone's like don't cut that hair undecided
I have bleached it, have been a medium blond but i like being a red head grin grin grin I was thinking of getting blue or purple highlights grin
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:49pm On Mar 22, 2008
~Lol, iice indeed oOh it has been "W-A-H" for my head!! grin

~Am sure my head is much happier now!!

~I think the purple highlight sounds cool!!

~I Looved aving my hair this Low N Curly

Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 2:57pm On Mar 22, 2008
I want to try the mohawk. . .well more of a fauxhawk grin
Oh i've had a bob before but i don't like it unless its braids. Takes too much time blow drying, brushing the darn thing.
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mukina2: 3:04pm On Mar 22, 2008
hmmmmm grin

i tried natural hair throughout high school to comb was world war all the time
but it was cool in that i could do lox with cocnut water/gel. small folds grin

cutting all the hair on my head cheesy when i got tired i did that , sometimes i shape it just like a boy's own , with crazy styles tongue

tried tint ones lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin

i love senegalese Tibaleh kiss it stays for long on my head . though when its new i wont sleep well . unless i tie a wet towel on my head grin

braids- long ones , i prefer twist more cuz it take less time to do and undo tongue

dnt like gel styles angry tongue tried that once and washed my hair the same night embarassed

have only tried weave -on twice . the first time i undid fast , second time was nice cuz it wasnt tight and it felt right grin

tired perming my hair once by myself lipsrsealed i was watching a match and doing it . i left it , concentrating on the match . my hair came off in chunks l ;Dike a rat chopped it grin
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:03pm On Mar 22, 2008
~LMAO @ Mukina2's Post cheesy

~I DIY Most of my hairstyles in the past,Bond the weave,shave the sides of the mohawk,shave my head,even braided myself once,will NEVER EVER do it again,my ankles got SoOoo swollen sitting for three days to do the half braid strings,i was preggy at the time!! Wut was i thinking!! shocked

~I can't sit long enough to get braids done,much as i like to see it on peeps,so the only braids ave done R the big fat Patra,medium sized chinese Bob & half string braids,never did try the afro kinky twists,it seems quite quick to do,me think!!

~Is this the fauxhawk you had in mind iice?

~There's a really cool way of having the hawk without shavin off your hair,Tiny cornrow braids at the sides of your head & Leave your hair in the middle grin

~I Drifted inbetween the Mohawk with shaved sides & the Funky hawk,pic attached!!

Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 4:12pm On Mar 22, 2008
MC cheesy cheesy Yes that is what i had in mind. . .i can't do the braided one now unless i chop off my hair tongue but i've loved the fauxhawk for a long time now and with highlights too. . .way cool! I like the second one better. . .the first, the hawk is not soo prominent tongue
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:16pm On Mar 22, 2008
~Go for it grin it will be summer soon,& am sure if you're thinking about avin it done then you sure can wear it well tongue

~If You ever do it,post me a pic grin

~Yeah the hawk isnt prominent on the funky hawk Pic,my hair was much longer thu,so it was aiight!!
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 4:28pm On Mar 22, 2008
Exactly. . .the heat! Too much hair is not good for the weather tongue
Cool so i could do the funky hawk with ma hair. . .
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by 4Him(m): 4:30pm On Mar 22, 2008
Fauxhawk looks great. Nice to see women experimenting with their hair . . .
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by Gamine(f): 4:35pm On Mar 22, 2008
i like the hawk cheesy

My present hairstyle is very Anime grin

i will look for a pic to represent it
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:36pm On Mar 22, 2008
~Lol am all excited for you now iice cheesy

~Dont Chicken out!!!

~@ 4Him Much Nicer to know there R blokes out there who Appreciate women experimenting!! kiss
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2008
Gamine:

i like the hawk cheesy

My present hairstyle is very Anime grin

i will look for a pic to represent it

Ahahahaha i loff the Anime hair too but am tired of it. . .alot of my friends have the anime and emo hair going on

MC. . .na not gon' chicken out. . .you gave me motivation to get ma lazy butt to the salon tongue gon' have to get ma sis' hairdresser to do this
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2008
~Wut R the chances if i Google Anime/Emo hair,i'll ave a clue what those hairstyles R?? undecided

~Anyone

~Kool iice,am sure you'll Rock it!! grin

~It Must Ave been 1995/6 wen i Rocked this Toni Look grin LoOong Time Ago tongue

Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by Gamine(f): 8:39pm On Mar 22, 2008
Ive always liked dreads, natural hairstyles and all
it took me a long while before i started fixing.

i was on low cut for eight years and when my hair finally grew out
and i relaxed it, i looked like a manga character, i loved it! grin

but the i got tired of relaxing n stuff, decided to go dreads
last year i had the opportunity to let all my perm grow out and in december , my hair was in dreads grin
then the discouragement came along sad

my sisters said dreads was a dirty look, even though the hair is as neat as heaven. sad
i got to school and my friends made me relax my hair embarassed
now im back to the anime look cheesy
i dunno what ill do next

this is smthing like it

Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 9:07pm On Mar 22, 2008
~Aah its a Cool Look Gamine Ave tried searching Google,Took me to a link about Japanese/Asian Anime,there was no pic thu

~How long was your dread ?

~Mine was as long as my pinky finger grin,wore it for two years,got bored w/ it!!

Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by Gamine(f): 10:10pm On Mar 22, 2008
Yeah my dreads were that long too

i loved it + i was vacationing in SA at the time

i blended in and loved it!.lol

i saw alot of gals on skin! shocked

i cnt go that far ooo!!

The anime hairstyles are basically japanese cut/styles
just search for that!
you can go to this website too
http://www.hairstyles53.com/emo-hair-gallery
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:29pm On Mar 22, 2008
~Aaah Very Very Cool hairdo!! I like it grin Ty Gamine!!

~Lol I hear You on not going that far w/ skin,Lots of peeps say that to me/wish they cud be brave enuff to try it,Thank God my Ma mole my head Well Well As A Baby,otherwise "Ar no Crase" Shave me head grin
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by Gamine(f): 11:34pm On Mar 22, 2008
The ones i saw their head one kind sha lipsrsealed
but some were still very pretty.

they would also wear big loops
which made the whole look come together
pretty nicely

i love spikey hair Alot!
i was known for some time in my sch by it

Here comes the girl with the spikes! cheesy
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:46pm On Mar 22, 2008
~Lol,Its defo a NO~NO if the shape of One's head is anything But Round grin

~I think what i like about aving little or no hair at all is its SoOoo Low maintenance/No maintenace At ALL,no hassle getting ready grin

~I Do Rock the Hoops some Bigger than Bangles grin

~I loOve The spikes too,especially with streaks on it wink
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by Gamine(f): 11:53pm On Mar 22, 2008
I love hoops, loops? whicheva tongue

They make someone instantly glam

but there is a fine line between being glam
and looking like a hooker.

i like that the hair is low maint
but i just like the long locks alot too! smiley
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 12:04am On Mar 23, 2008
~Lol @ >> Fine line between being glam N looking like a hooker grin

~True that!!

~Maybe You should grow your Locks In The Near Future!!?!
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by Gamine(f): 12:08am On Mar 23, 2008
I will still grow my locks ooh! smiley

Hmm , i like hair alot!

its just that the heat can be threatening! embarassed
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 12:12am On Mar 23, 2008
~Hmm i seem to be having the opposite of heat now!!defo not a good time for "Skin" in the winter is sooo bloody cold,i feel like a bloke freezing his nuts Out grin

~Cant wait for Summer!!
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by Gamine(f): 12:14am On Mar 23, 2008
Ha hahhah grin

eyah, i can't imajin

lol.

Why dont you wear a wig
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 23, 2008
@post
I love my hair short. . .up to the shoulder length. dnt put weave in my hair and i hardly braid it. i like it free and primmed. . . no need to over grease it or spray it every 10 mins cheesy cheesy. i might put weave in it later on, but right now, i love my edges.
one of my classmate's edges is almost in the middle of her head embarassed. . .i get scared of using weaves and horsetail hair when i look at her. . shocked shocked i thank god for hair saloons that knows how to keep short hair looking nice and neat tongue kiss
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 7:09pm On Mar 26, 2008
~@ Gamine

~Am thinking of getting the afro wig,if i can find it in the colour i like,so far the ones ave seen,am not diggin at all!!

~Other wigs are not an option for me,there's a love/hate relationship w/ me N hair grin

~Hows that cute dog of Urs Angel? cheesy
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by Gamine(f): 11:25pm On Mar 27, 2008
Afro wig

you have to look around really well

Cos it could be extremely horrible. tongue

There is one that this rapper gyal Teyana wears

its black and curly, so nice, seems like her hair.

ooh Angel, i havnt seen her, im in sch for now sad

But i will be home in two weeks time, grin grin
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2008
Cos it cud be extremely horrible

~LOl Gamine,Thanks A Lot!! tongue

~Hmm don't know about black undecided,black is all ave been seeing in stores!! anyhow am not really fussy about aving it now,if i were to own a wig,i'd just like it to be the Afro wig grin I'll keep my eyes peeled thu wink
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 28, 2008
Bald-- for two years I had to go to a wicked high school cheesy
Jerry curls cheesy
Weave ons cheesy
Braids-- but never did the million thing, don't have the patience to wait cheesy
I fixed some inch high dreadlocks once-- was horrible
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by pahtahkee: 1:56am On Mar 29, 2008
Tried an Afro late last year. Very lovely. cheesy

Had it trimmed to some extent then followed up with some Jerry curls from my friends here at the moment.

Leaving my hair for an Afro now. cheesy Not so easy to achieve, but I am more determined to get it done for an occasion soon. cool
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by funkybaby(f): 2:18am On Mar 29, 2008
@pataki

Jerry curls ke?? You are joking right??

@post
Dyed my hair some years back while i was still at uni.

Had it done at one of those over-hyped salons and it cost me a little fortune back then. It was a cross between 'red hot mary' and 'burnt tangerine' with God's knows what other colour the guy mixed in.

Still cannot forget my shock when i saw the reflection of my hair in the mirror after the dye was washed off. To worsen things, it was permanent hair colour. My parents thought it was horrible-had to keep tying a scarf on my head to keep their anger at me on check. My friends at school thought it was really nice-i didnt. It was just too noticeable. Everywhere i went to - oh, you dyed your hair!

Two weeks later i braided my hair.  Thank God most of it is gone now just light traces left but i will never ever experiment hair colours on my head again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Defining The Eye-brows / Why Do Women Flaunt Their Stretch Marks Via Sleeveless Tops? / How To Start A Fabrics Business In Nigeria With Very Small Amount

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.