Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Wannabes Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wannabes Abroad (3477 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wannabes Abroad by izoneb(f): 7:21am On Oct 07, 2006
Wannabe's make me sick sick sick!! Attitude problem !
Re: Wannabes Abroad by dblock(m): 8:15am On Oct 11, 2006
I may be abroad but i sure don't think like a Nigerian in disapora, My pops is tyin to get us Australian passports and I still haven't figured how i'm gonna say Dad i don't want one, without been called an idiot, anyways Nigerians abroad think they are superior, Nigeria is been run by a lot of idiots because the smartest Nigerians are always going abroad in search of greener pastures when they sould be struggling to try better this nation, yall may be thinking hey Dblock yu're abroad if you're so smart why don't you come back home, but it wasn't my choice to leave Nigeria, if i had said no my mum would have beat the soul out of me, but my soul won't rest until the day i return home, i may have become a wannabee trying to be all black american and some rap dawg but i'll always be a proud Nigerian and i curse this earth by saying if i die without returning home all hell shall be set loose on this planet for eternity cheesy
Re: Wannabes Abroad by waffistyle(m): 1:40am On Oct 12, 2006
stupidity, smiley
Re: Wannabes Abroad by dblock(m): 6:26am On Oct 12, 2006
Who the hell are you to judge angry
Re: Wannabes Abroad by waffistyle(m): 4:07pm On Oct 13, 2006
look, i see anybody who lives outside Nigeria. maybe in Europe or America and sees himself better than those he left behind in Nigeria as stupid, very stupid, grin grin
Re: Wannabes Abroad by OldGlory1(m): 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2006
Waffistyle

Your Logic is not clear. How did Dblock make himself feel better than you in Warri?
Re: Wannabes Abroad by waffistyle(m): 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2006
my statement wasnt directed to Dblock, i was just stating my comment to the topic
Re: Wannabes Abroad by Shokoloko(f): 12:08am On Oct 18, 2006
hmmm, about fake accents. what would u say about someone with a scottish accent who loves american accents so much that she fakes them. will u call that fake accent or the the faking of accent limited to just nigerian trying to be american or british??
Re: Wannabes Abroad by OldGlory1(m): 4:29am On Oct 18, 2006
Huh Fake is Fake!!
Re: Wannabes Abroad by dblock(m): 4:14am On Oct 26, 2006
yeah i'm a true nigerian and by descent i'm also kinda from warri
Re: Wannabes Abroad by acidrop(f): 4:20am On Oct 26, 2006
wannabies are bad, its good if u stick 2 urself, but wats with d fake acent, any1 can adopt that, what about a chick who came 2 a foreign country and after about 5 years around foreign ppl, u still expects her 2 speak in nig accent, ggggggggget reall guys, i dont blame those ppl, and i wouldnt say its a fake accent, just d same way d ppl in nig around fellow nigerians are used 2 pidgin eng, becos they are there for almost all their lives
Re: Wannabes Abroad by dblock(m): 1:38am On Nov 08, 2006
A week ago i got kicked out my house, i moved places though, butta was so close to not been in diaspora(not that i wanna be on diaspora but gotta finish my studies) i know it's off topic but i'm dblock i can do anything screw yall got a problem with me screw you
Re: Wannabes Abroad by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:31am On Dec 09, 2006
@DAVIDYLAN
Good one there,impressive. wink
Re: Wannabes Abroad by mrpataki(m): 1:45pm On Dec 09, 2006
@ Davidylan,
Dont get too swollen headed, something tells me you are from my homeland.
I am proud to be me, anywhere and anytime. That you live abroad or even here in Naija and you wanna act as a wanna be shows you have a complex attitude.
Re: Wannabes Abroad by tEsLim(m): 8:06am On Dec 29, 2006
Y'll just dont know. I listen to Mario, Anthony Hamilton, Omarion, Tyrese, Kanye etc 24/7

Whatch MTv Base, MoveMagic, SkyMovies etc 24/7

CNN, ABC, FoxNews f#ckin' everyday!

I watch AIT and the rest like 10minutes in a week.

How da hell are my suppose to speak. I'm no different from all you chillin' outside the country. All 'em latest slangs I read in the slanguistic section of the VIBES Magazine. Ya know? Paper plates, twinkies, grillz, love-vendor juice, icin' up etc.

Call me up on the phone then you'll think I gew up in the east-coast. Ain't nothin really changed, too much exposure to the west.

Lemme give u a tip: Rap music is good to learn diction and accent correction. Listen and rap along. grin

Later
Re: Wannabes Abroad by diddy4(m): 8:09am On Dec 29, 2006
tEsLim:

Y'll just don't know. I listen to Mario, Anthony Hamilton, Omarion, Tyrese, Kanye etc 24/7

How da hell are my suppose to speak. I'm no different from all you chillin' outside the country. All 'em latest slangs I read in the slanguistic section of the VIBES Magazine. Ya know? Paper plates, twinkies, grillz, love-vendor juice, icin' up etc.

Call me up on the phone then you'll think I gew up in the east-coast. Ain't nothin really changed, too much exposure to the west.

Lemme give u a tip: Rap music is good to learn diction and accent correction. Listen and rap along. grin

Later

word
Re: Wannabes Abroad by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 29, 2006
mrpataki:

@ Davidylan,
Dont get too swollen headed, something tells me you are from my homeland.
I am proud to be me, anywhere and anytime. That you live abroad or even here in Naija and you want to act as a want to be shows you have a complex attitude.

I dont think you even read my post at all. Read and omprehend before you go yelling in ignorance.
Re: Wannabes Abroad by alabiyemmy(m): 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2006
I like this thread. When a Nigerian travels abroad for the first time, he thinks the white man's way of life and thinking is rubbish, few years after living abroad, if he/she meets a Nigerian coming abroad for the first time, he/she looks at him with derision and thinks, oh, how do Nigerian think and behave this way. He/ she has forgotten that few years when he/she came abroad, he/she also thinks as a Nigerian, but suudnely after a few years abroad, he/she thinks he/she is no more a Nigerian and thinks they are better than anyone else from Migeria. Can you imagine?

@ DBLOCK

Why do you say it is the smartest Nigerians that travel abroad? That may not be true. Back in the days, you only travel out of Nigeria as a last resort, either when you failed your school certificate exam or when you dont have a good result to get you into the university, but now, it is the other way round

I have lived abroad and the only thing different that I have felt personally is the basic commodities that are constant and regular. Here, Nigerian work more hours than they work at home, do jobs they cant do at home, but, hey - everyone still wants to come - the situation is not helped by the few who travel back home and begin to show up as if they just came from heaven.

Four years is enough for me, I have seen all that need to be seen and home is best place to be - nothing - no big deal as the Americans will say.
Re: Wannabes Abroad by jaybaby(f): 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2006
tEsLim:

Y'll just don't know. I listen to Mario, Anthony Hamilton, Omarion, Tyrese, Kanye etc 24/7

Later

I just lost words grin grin grin
Re: Wannabes Abroad by dblock(m): 1:32am On Jan 16, 2007
@ DBLOCK

Why do you say it is the smartest Nigerians that travel abroad? That may not be true. Back in the days, you only travel out of Nigeria as a last resort, either when you failed your school certificate exam or when you don't have a good result to get you into the university, but now, it is the other way round

I have lived abroad and the only thing different that I have felt personally is the basic commodities that are constant and regular. Here, Nigerian work more hours than they work at home, do jobs they can't do at home, but, hey - everyone still wants to come - the situation is not helped by the few who travel back home and begin to show up as if they just came from heaven.

Four years is enough for me, I have seen all that need to be seen and home is best place to be - nothing - no big deal as the Americans will say.

I never said that, I believe if you wanna stay for naija stay if you wanna go abroad and you can then go, but don't let ur opinions bug everyone else. Naija aint bad butta yeah
Re: Wannabes Abroad by Ollie39: 2:08pm On Oct 20, 2007
We can live comfortably in america or wherever you are without becoming superior to those who never made it out.

I beg to disagree. I have lived in both places and can say that while SOME Nigerians abroad are comfortable,  A lot live the life of a jackass. Living in hovels and working all hours God sent for a pittance. This also applies in Nigeria. I have seen the life some Nigerians live and a many well off people in the first world will be envious of it. There are some seriously rich people in Nigeria. So please don't generalise.

While I am unhappy with some things in Nigeria, I still prefer Nigeria to anywhere else. I would prefer to live among HUMAN BEINGS for one instead of ROBOTS.

, as for the people that try to fake accents lack self-confidence.
Re: Wannabes Abroad by anusule(m): 5:51pm On Oct 20, 2007
wahala, lipsrsealed
complex.
psychological problems lipsrsealed
Re: Wannabes Abroad by Dios(f): 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2007
Ollie39:

We can live comfortably in america or wherever you are without becoming superior to those who never made it out.

I beg to disagree. I have lived in both places and can say that while SOME Nigerians abroad are comfortable, A lot live the life of a jackass. Living in hovels and working all hours God sent for a pittance. This also applies in Nigeria. I have seen the life some Nigerians live and a many well off people in the first world will be envious of it. There are some seriously rich people in Nigeria. So please don't generalise.

While I am unhappy with some things in Nigeria, I still prefer Nigeria to anywhere else. I would prefer to live among HUMAN BEINGS for one instead of ROBOTS.

, as for the people that try to fake accents lack self-confidence.

You sound frustrated lady.
Re: Wannabes Abroad by labiyemmy(m): 7:30pm On Oct 20, 2007
When I first came to the UK, i thought I came to paradise - i defended her like anything - i thought Nigeria was shit - but years after - seeing all that is to see and tasting all that is to see, I say Nigeria is not only good, but great - no place like home.
Re: Wannabes Abroad by Mike147(m): 11:04pm On Oct 21, 2007
Well Naija is a great place to be and raised,but you cant appreciate Naija till u travel abroad!!!!! cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Aircrafts And Their Ages. / Why Do Nigerians Study So Many Irrelevant Courses Abroad / See The Food I Bought In Cameroon For 1000CEFA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.