Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,487 members, 7,801,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Should A Student Pay Tithe? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Student Pay Tithe? (12801 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by akyus(m): 5:46pm On Mar 09, 2013
fubbyy: Am not a student but when I was I refused paying tithe because I taught its not meant for students, today som1 was trying to prove me wrong

She said as long as money enters your hand as a gift, school fees, pocket money etc.. which is yours that you are eligible to pay tithe

How true is that?
How person go remove 10% of his school fees go pay tithe.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by tpia5: 5:48pm On Mar 09, 2013
imo, school fees is not income, i dont think someone should tithe their school fees unless they have enough money to make up the balance.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by ifihearam: 5:49pm On Mar 09, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Christians are not under any obligation to tithe in the first instance talkless of a student. The way tithes is preached today is at best a fraudulent manipulation of scripture. You may wish to read deut 14:22-29 to learn more about how God defined his tithes and compare to the version preached in churches today. That aside tithing was brought to an end for new covenant christians, you may wish to read Hebrews 7:5-19 in context and you would see were tithing was brought to and end for believers. special emphasis should be put on verse 5,11,12 & 18 when reading that scripture to get the message. God bless you as you read.

Thou art a deceiver. Of the brethren
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by tpia5: 5:50pm On Mar 09, 2013
Goshen360:

I hope most of those pastors can say things the way you're saying it without using all kinds of gimmicks to manipulate the people. Do you now see one of the reasons we teach against tithing?

why dont you respond to the topic itself and stop attacking pastors for once?
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Tinkin: 5:51pm On Mar 09, 2013
u r to pay ur tithe,its one tenth of ur pocket money or gifts given to u.nt money meant for sch fees oh.am a tither by his grace and am a product of payin my tithe..av neva lacked in any way.

1 Like

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 09, 2013
No tithe on school fees.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 09, 2013
Tin_kin: u r to pay ur tithe,its one tenth of ur pocket money or gifts given to u.nt money meant for sch fees oh.am a tither by his grace and am a product of payin my tithe..av neva lacked in any way.
Gullible Christian, that is Okay. Just pay your tithe on-line when my e-tithe app is done. Thank you! grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by sunnychuks(m): 6:03pm On Mar 09, 2013
They have all been brain washed to pay tithe to individuals, who will use the fund to buy private jets and yet you will be entering Danfo or trek to work daily. While they are flying over the air and using your hard earned money to build private Universities which you cannot afford to send your children.

These monies should better be channelled to charity organisations like Old people's home, motherless babies, E.T.C rather than enriching private's pocket at the expense of adherence to God's teaching.

Grow up Dude

3 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by eghosarita: 6:06pm On Mar 09, 2013
fubbyy: Am not a student but when I was I refused paying tithe because I taught its not meant for students, today som1 was trying to prove me wrong

She said as long as money enters your hand as a gift, school fees, pocket money etc.. which is yours that you are eligible to pay tithe

How true is that?
Students are not obligated to pay tithe because they don't work and tithe is 10% of ur income, so since no income, no tithe, however, you should pay tithe on every monetary gift you receive, mind u, I am not saying u should pay tithe out of the money given to u by someone to pay ur school fees, or buy books, what I'm saying is pay tithe from free money that has no purpose. @bidam, not paying tithe is also a weightier matter it as bad as murder or fornication so shouldn't be put aside.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Daraplato(m): 6:08pm On Mar 09, 2013
Students that work should pay that. We've agreed on that.

We should also note where we get the money that we pay. People that get money fraudulently, and pay tithes thinking that they will receive God's blessing. Na OYO u dey o!
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Onlyhandsome(m): 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2013
[quote author=fubbyy]Am not a student but when I was I refused paying tithe because I taught its not meant for students, today som1 was trying to prove me wrong

How true is that?
U can pay tithe as a student. Ur tithe shudnt b ur skol fees rada u pay tithe wif ur pocket moni or any oda moni dat dos not involve skol fez, books any anytin realting to ur studies.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Onlyhandsome(m): 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2013
tithe is a command it is not commpulsory buh it is mandatory
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Tamax: 6:13pm On Mar 09, 2013
Joagbaje:

Every worshipper of God ought to honor God with tithe. Wise parents even pay tithe on behalf of the little babies . So being a student doesn't make a difference . But you don't tithe on money given for specific purpose . Such as school fees or books. But you can tithe on pocket money and allowances

Se na GOD or JESUS de take am ni...work on ya belive and let odas work on there belive also...i knw u must b a pastor or mayb ya relative is one of them....take moni frm poor and using it to enjoy their live while the poor is suvering. God dey oooo
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by tejpot(m): 6:16pm On Mar 09, 2013
Can you point to me in your scripture where tithe, fornication and murder are in the same class. Cos I refuse to believe any form of biblical interpretations that sweet talk alone.
eghosarita: Students are not obligated to pay tithe because they don't work and tithe is 10% of ur income, so since no income, no tithe, however, you should pay tithe on every monetary gift you receive, mind u, I am not saying u should pay tithe out of the money given to u by someone to pay ur school fees, or buy books, what I'm saying is pay tithe from free money that has no purpose. @bidam, not paying tithe is also a weightier matter it as bad as murder or fornication so shouldn't be put aside.

1 Like

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Tamax: 6:20pm On Mar 09, 2013
sunnychuks: They have all been brain washed to pay tithe to individuals, who will use the fund to buy private jets and yet you will be entering Danfo or trek to work daily. While they are flying over the air and using your hard earned money to build private Universities which you cannot afford to send your children.

These monies should better be channelled to charity organisations like Old people's home, motherless babies, E.T.C rather than enriching private's pocket at the expense of adherence to God's teaching.

Grow up Dude

Good talk jor...u have already say all what is in my mind.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by mruwaifo(m): 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2013
Paying the tithe is a covenant practice for those interested in its benefits . Simple . Take it or leave it . No be by force .
As for me ,the benefits are REAL and TANGIBLE to the point that I intend paying tithe for my kids as soon as they are born.
The question of if a student should tithe is to me a lame excuse for someone who knows what best to do but seeks solace in popular opinion .

Do what you KNOW is right.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Gabrielsylar(m): 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2013
Using tithe controversy as a means of pulling web traffik.....my hand no dey ooooo
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by tpia5: 6:26pm On Mar 09, 2013
there's nothing controversial about the issue.

either you pay or you dont feel like paying, its voluntary and its mostly some idle posters who constantly harp on it in a bid to justify their script.

would be nice if people could just state their yes or no and give their reason [if necessary] as briefly as possible, there are 6 other days in which you can start typing your usual volumes. Doesnt have to be every day.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:30pm On Mar 09, 2013
Bidam: Tithing is an act of faith. Let God be the judge not you.
it is found nowhere in the bible that tithing is of faith. Shut up and stop lying.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by kevoh(m): 6:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
How about concentrating on how to get a first class degree through hardwork rather than bother yourself with tithe issues.

Let me tell you something if you like pay more than 50% as tithes if you don't work hard NOTHING for you. It is written ' Heaven help those who help themselves' .

1 Like

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Lathunjimi(m): 6:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
Tithe paying is an act of faith though I never paid any as a student but as an earner I now pay my tithe & I've being experiencing devine promotion in my career NB: its an act of FAITH, u only practise what u believe.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nolaski(m): 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
Joagbaje:

Every worshipper of God ought to honor God with tithe. Wise parents even pay tithe on behalf of the little babies . So being a student doesn't make a difference . But you don't tithe on money given for specific purpose . Such as school fees or books. But you can tithe on pocket money and allowances
THats truth my brother
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 09, 2013
most nija pators will tell u we're now under grace so d ten commandment or old testament rules don't hold anymore therefore, they dont condemn immoral dressing, divorce, dont give salvation message d emphasis it deserves,dont condemn greed even though all theses in d same bible but rather they are quick to pull up tithing n make it look like non tithe payers will go to hell.

They want to turn God to a money-doubler but they wont succeed
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by kevoh(m): 6:44pm On Mar 09, 2013
Lathunjimi: Tithe paying is an act of faith though I never paid any as a student but as an earner I now pay my tithe & I've being experiencing devine promotion in my career NB: its an act of FAITH, u only practise what u believe.

You got promotion through your hardwork Mr.Man. If you had sat down at home and decided not to put extra effort into your job and career if you like pay tithe from now till thy kindom come NOTHING for you.

When will people open their eyes to see things.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 09, 2013
EMILO2STAY:
it is found nowhere in the bible that tithing is of faith. Shut up and stop lying.
Take a look at Heb 7:5,9-10.The sons of Levi received the office of the priesthood and were commanded to take tithes of the Jewish people (v.5). Yet, Levi (the tithe-receiver) paid tithes in Abraham proving that Melchizedek is the better.For Abraham to pay the tithes of levi( his grandson) whom wasn't even born yet IS AN ACT OF FAITH.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by bezimo(m): 6:48pm On Mar 09, 2013
When you are a student and a Tither, God who cannot lie will be commited to blessing the work of your hand which is your academics by enabling and helping you to excel.God becomes a partner with you in your academics. and God cannot partner with a fellow and the person fail.also you are expected to tithe your increases such as pocket money and and money that may be given to you as gift.but i dont think school fees is part of the money that could be tithed? because its not a personal finacial increase.I'm a living example of the benefits of this.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Zet72(m): 6:48pm On Mar 09, 2013
who is this edi..ot bringing matter that has to do with Christianity to this forum full of atheist, pagan & muslin, don't u know the appropriate place to go & ask ur question,do u aspect any reasonable answer here ..why u Christians like to ridicule Christianity & wash ur dirty linen in public. shame on u poster ....
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 6:55pm On Mar 09, 2013
Tithing is CANCELLED for Christians. Hebrews 7:1-20. Verse 5, 12, 16 & 18.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by capricon: 6:57pm On Mar 09, 2013
I'm a christian though not the dogmatic type but I feel even the most faithful bible reading Christians have been soo brainwashed that they don't know what they are reading or simply just ignore it. Well to some extent I wouldn't blame them because the bible is full of contradictions. To be a true christian, i believe one must refer to the old testament for historical purposes only and follow the teachings of Christ in the new testament. Therefore Tithing has no place in Christianity only voluntary giving. It is obvious that pastors will emphasize on the old testament tithes to boost revenue. But even the old testament tithes require that we make a feast with the 10 percent of our earnings and only give our 10 percent to the church once every 3 years but bear in mind that there are several other prescribed ways of tithe giving in the old testament. In conclusion I will like to appeal to Christians to follow the new testament and forget Judaism as in old testament.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:04pm On Mar 09, 2013
Tin_kin: u r to pay ur tithe,its one tenth of ur pocket money or gifts given to u.nt money meant for sch fees oh.am a tither by his grace and am a product of payin my tithe..av neva lacked in any way.
where did the bible say that we should tithe on our pocket money. I have never given a dime of my money as tithe, yet i live comfortable.

5 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by ezme(m): 7:11pm On Mar 09, 2013
bezimo: When you are a student and a Tither, God who cannot lie will be commited to blessing the work of your hand which is your academics by enabling and helping you to excel.God becomes a partner with you in your academics. and God cannot partner with a fellow and the person fail.also you are expected to tithe your increases such as pocket money and and money that may be given to you as gift.but i dont think school fees is part of the money that could be tithed? because its not a personal finacial increase.I'm a living example of the benefits of this.

At the bolded is a fairy-tale.Do a case study with your fellowship and come back and tell us how many percent of your tithers who were not hard-working even saw "second class upper" on graduation. We are not to tithe on any grounds.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Any Pastor Who Can’t Control His Libido Shouldn’t Go Near Pulpit — Yakubu Pam / Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell / Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.