Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Should A Student Pay Tithe? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Student Pay Tithe? (12808 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by asudan: 7:18pm On Mar 09, 2013
abbeylincon: I didn't pay tithe when I was in UI throughout, bcox I was of the opinion that tithe payment apply †̥ those that work alone, eventhough in my campus fellowship some students still paid tithe but I stuck †̥ my conviction, but didn't know if am right or not anyway!
ask the holy spirit to teach u.call on him and he will give you insight.do not mind what people are saying,cos God's standard remains unchanged.i will suggest that u read any book on show me heaven
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by fubbyy(m): 7:19pm On Mar 09, 2013
Zet72: who is this edi..ot bringing matter that has to do with Christianity to this forum full of atheist, pagan & muslin, don't u know the appropriate place to go & ask ur question,do u aspect any reasonable answer here ..why u Christians like to ridicule Christianity & wash ur dirty linen in public. shame on u poster ....
you are the biggest foool, the only goat that cursed the poster for asking a question, empty head, why did you read all the post to an extend of commenting, mumu

Some people no just get sense
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Temismith(f): 7:20pm On Mar 09, 2013
Should students be blessed?
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by fubbyy(m): 7:22pm On Mar 09, 2013
kevoh: How about concentrating on how to get a first class degree through hardwork rather than bother yourself with tithe issues.

Let me tell you something if you like pay more than 50% as tithes if you don't work hard NOTHING for you. It is written ' Heaven help those who help themselves' .
and you think success come by hard working alone?

What about the hard workers that are poor?
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 09, 2013
tejpot: Can you point to me in your scripture where tithe, fornication and murder are in the same class. Cos I refuse to believe any form of biblical interpretations that sweet talk alone.

Christians are to obey the 10 commandment and one of them is THOU SHALL NOT STEAL , we also have THOU SHALL NOT KILL and so on

FORNICATION , MURDER , STEALING and so on are all in thesame class of sin . SIN IS SIN AND THERE IS NOTHING LIKE SMALL OR BIG SIN

Not paying tithe is not a sin in-as-much as your mind is not judging you

To pay tithe is the best because giving to God will surely bring favour and close way for evil

Paying tithe from money received via fraudulent means is a waste of time because such person cannot and will not receive any favour from God instead such person is asking for Gods curse

The tithe we pay is not for any pastor or prophet its for God alone so even if the pastor spend it on private jet and co , its not for you to judge , leave it to God to fight the matter himself also one should pay tithe to only a bible believing church and not any how church

All the days I spent in the university I did not pay tithe for a single day not because I don't know I was suppose to pay but because I new I will not be faithful to be paying always. NOW BY THE GRACE OF GOD I AM FAITHFUL WITH IT AND MAY GOD HELP ALL THOSE OF US PAYING TITHE

2 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 09, 2013
Valto: so people don mumu reach to even pay tithe on their school fees... how then are u going to complete it and pay the school fees tithing have no place for a christian that knows his bible very well...God is no money doubler, and the death of our lord jesus on the cross freed us from (mosiac law) tithing! help the poor around u and God will richly bless u.
Hey, i tink u r rong on dt. Jesus didnt free us 4rm tithes but 4rm sin. Infact, pls, where in d bible did we learn dt Jesus freed us 4rm tithes?

1 Like

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by jinkees: 7:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
The tru meaning of christianity is being like Christ when he was on earth I have searched the entire bible and I neva saw where Jesus Christ. Instructed us to pay tithe nor his apostles. But the way dis pastors stress on the issue like if u dnt pay ur tithe u wld be dammed. Even a friend of mine tht does runs brags tht she pays her tithe so nobody can bring her down.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
Themaingate:

Christians are to obey the 10 commandment and one of them is THOU SHALL NOT STEAL , we also have THOU SHALL NOT KILL and so on

FORNICATION , MURDER , STEALING and so on are all in thesame class of sin . SIN IS SIN AND THERE IS NOTHING LIKE SMALL OR BIG SIN

Not paying tithe is NOT A SIN in-as-much as your mind is not judging you

To pay tithe is the best because giving to God will surely bring favour and close way for evil

Paying tithe from money received via fraudulent means is a waste of time because such person cannot and will not receive any favour from God instead such person is asking for Gods curse

The tithe we pay is not for any pastor or prophet its for God alone so even if the pastor spend it on private jet and co , its not for you to judge , leave it to God to fight the matter himself also one should pay tithe to only a bible believing church and not any how church

All the days I spent in the university I did not pay tithe for a single day not because I don't know I was suppose to pay but because I new I will not be faithful to be paying always. NOW BY THE GRACE OF GOD I AM FAITHFUL WITH IT AND MAY GOD HELP ALL THOSE OF US PAYING TITHE
Brother, God says u rob him if u dnt pay ur tithe, mal 3:8. And u say it is nt a sin nt tithe?
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
Themaingate:

Not paying tithe is not a sin in-as-much as your mind is not judging you

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 09, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Christians are not under any obligation to tithe in the first instance talkless of a student. The way tithes is preached today is at best a fraudulent manipulation of scripture. You may wish to read deut 14:22-29 to learn more about how God defined his tithes and compare to the version preached in churches today. That aside tithing was brought to an end for new covenant christians, you may wish to read Hebrews 7:5-19 in context and you would see were tithing was brought to and end for believers. special emphasis should be put on verse 5,11,12 & 18 when reading that scripture to get the message. God bless you as you read.

Tithe is nt jst an obligation. Its a covenant pact btw we n God dt guarantees our prosperity. It is a seed 4rm which God givs harvest. God didnt cancel tithe
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by iamfbanj(m): 7:40pm On Mar 09, 2013
yep..is good to pay tithe...even a year old kid..since they are giving him or her money...is good sha...is a blessing
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by jinkees: 7:42pm On Mar 09, 2013
A tru christian should be righteous in all his ways. The bible says d prayer of a sinful man is like a filthy rag bfor d lord. The reason why dey stress so hard on it is because they need d money desperately so dey over emphasize on the tithe. U go to church nobody preaches repentance or salvation any more. All u hear is tithe tithe tithe
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
@ OP.... That's double taxation.

Your parents or whoever gave you money has or had already pay tithe, paying again is double taxation.

It is not personal income, so you are supposed not to do it.

Paying offering won't be bad, not tithe.

1 Like

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by tpia5: 7:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
Seems a lot of people dont understand the topic or is it the question.

The thread is not an argument about if someone should pay tithes or not.

What the op or the person involved wants to know is should a student pay tithe.

If you dont believe in paying tithes, then the thread is not for you. There are other threads arguing over the necessity or not of tithing where you can make your thoughts known.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by lawal080(m): 7:49pm On Mar 09, 2013
Deuteronomy 14:28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year's produce and store it in your towns,Deuteronomy 14:29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the aliens, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 09, 2013
capricon: I'm a christian though not the dogmatic type but I feel even the most faithful bible reading Christians have been soo brainwashed that they don't know what they are reading or simply just ignore it. Well to some extent I wouldn't blame them because the bible is full of contradictions. To be a true christian, i believe one must refer to the old testament for historical purposes only and follow the teachings of Christ in the new testament. Therefore Tithing has no place in Christianity only voluntary giving. It is obvious that pastors will emphasize on the old testament tithes to boost revenue. But even the old testament tithes require that we make a feast with the 10 percent of our earnings and only give our 10 percent to the church once every 3 years but bear in mind that there are several other prescribed ways of tithe giving in the old testament. In conclusion I will like to appeal to Christians to follow the new testament and forget Judaism as in old testament.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Charlc(m): 7:57pm On Mar 09, 2013
Bidam: You are saying God's word is fraud abi?
What did Jesus ask the rich man to do? 'Go sell all you own. Give the money to the poor, then come and follow me' Mtt 19:21. Psalm 50:9-19 tells us that everything belongs to God and we are not in position to feed him. Isaiah 1:11-19 teaches us that God wants humble, repentant, loving and merciful hearts not sacrifice. Remember Matthew 25:35-40: 'I was hungry you fed me....Tithes will not earn you eternal life. New Testament is the fulfilment of the old testament. It's from the fools purse that the greedy pastors feed.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 09, 2013
[quote author=idnoble135][/quote]

My dear what we see these days are pastors that tell you those old testament messages don't hold anymore cos we are now in the new testament
BUT the same pastors run back to dig out tithing which was only mentioned in the old testament.
What baffles me even more is that they call out tithe payers in church as the righteous people. In my branch of redeemed, they're now gradually making it compulsory for workers to pay tithe. I pay my tithe though but I disagree to d emphasis on it like it will take me to heaven all by itself
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 09, 2013
If you pay tithes as a student, u better be a rich student else you are a fool. Tithe: the greatest scam none to humanity.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Efizzi: 8:09pm On Mar 09, 2013
Brothers and Sisters, I have read thru this thread and tried my best not to respond but I had to. I was almost sick when someone says tithe is 10percent of every monetary gifts as well as income. (Bros pls I dint see anything monetary about tithe in the bible. Pls check the concept.). My advise to us all is that we should be more concerned about keeping the ten commandments than tithe. Cos our appraisal is going to be based on the ten commandments not if we pay tithe on earth. ( If you Love me, you would keep my Commandments).most of us pay tithe cos we want God to multiply it for us.(Isn't that greed) what happens to having our rewards in heaven what happens to " Whatsoever you do, to the least of your brother, that you do unto me,when I was hungry you gave me to eat, when I was homeless you opened your door, now enter into the home of my father"

3 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by SimplYeahmee(m): 8:09pm On Mar 09, 2013
jinkees: The tru meaning of christianity is being like Christ when he was on earth I have searched the entire bible and I neva saw where Jesus Christ. Instructed us to pay tithe nor his apostles. But the way dis pastors stress on the issue like if u dnt pay ur tithe u wld be dammed. Even a friend of mine tht does runs brags tht she pays her tithe so nobody can bring her down.

U̶̲̥̅̊ said U̶̲̥̅̊'ve searched d bible and U̶̲̥̅̊ didn't see Jesus paid tithe or asked his disciples to pay tithe.

What of whr he said render unto ceasar wat is ceasar's and to God wat is God.

Tithe is a biblical principle for those who believe in God. Many of U̶̲̥̅̊ claim to be christians bt only follow God in the sweet parts and forget the part whr U̶̲̥̅̊ av to put in ur effort.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by blackbeau1(f): 8:11pm On Mar 09, 2013
See question. If yo are a christian @ poster,then go read the bible. There's no place where you'll find that students are exempted from tithing.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 8:16pm On Mar 09, 2013
black_beau: See question. If yo are a christian @ poster,then go read the bible. There's no place where you'll find that students are exempted from tithing.

There is also no where in the bible that christians are required or asked to tithe.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by stankezzy: 8:27pm On Mar 09, 2013
frank3.16:

I have observed all arguments concernt the bible and even comparing d bible wit other holy books and I must agree that all sides of the arguements makes sense, this is also sayin that they could all be wrong.

But have u ever imagined... If the bible or koran was from a devine being, would there room for arguement? I mean, why will almighty God send us a message that is subject to arguement? Who are we humans to interprete the word of God in our own way and still make sense to an extent? Is Gods instruction not supposed to defeat and overshadow all that? Imagine that even human constitution is clear to all who read it, how much more Gods.
Pls understand that these areguements do not arise from the fact that humans chose not to understnd and interprete it for their own gain but because every individual is different from the other and therefore perception would differ in interpreting such an unclear cut book. Didn't u think God would hav already understood the difference in perception bfore issuing these instruction?
Ok, if he knew that humans have different perecptual abilities yet he sent his instruction then he shouldn't hold anybody accountable for his own understanding.
you put foward a question nd answerd it your self.for the fact we argued the word of God shows that it is from a higher authourity to a lower one,that our mind can nt comprehend it.like issue of tithe ,some people daubt it while to some it is real.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
[size=16pt]NIGERIA THE LAND OF THE GODS (before)

NIGERIA THE LAND OF SLAVES * (today)[/size]

* slaves who are ready to forefeit their payment to their man-God.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by geeotabor(m): 8:45pm On Mar 09, 2013
It's not paying with ur school fees,when you get ur pocket money or allowee as so called,u can pay one tenth from it..
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by InvertedHammer: 8:47pm On Mar 09, 2013

I don't pay tithe...

I donate to charity not to some sweet-talking, jet-flying demigod in disguise.

Save your money and give to folks who need it more: widows, sick, orphananages, etc

Don't donate money for fueling private jets and thump your chest that you are
doing a good work.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by omamurhomu(f): 9:02pm On Mar 09, 2013
A student is not supposed to pay tithe because tithe is one percent of ur income so from which money will the student pay tithe from? Except he or she is a working student.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 09, 2013
If tithe and offering are banned from churches, I wonder how many pastors will continue being pastors.

1 Like

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by rafcrown(m): 9:06pm On Mar 09, 2013
WHY NOT? PRIVATE JETS USE FUEL?
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Mintayo(m): 9:07pm On Mar 09, 2013
Valto: so people don mumu reach to even pay tithe on their school fees... how then are u going to complete it and pay the school fees tithing have no place for a christian that knows his bible very well...God is no money doubler, and the death of our lord jesus on the cross freed us from (mosiac law) tithing! help the poor around u and God will richly bless u.

tithe paying is not mosaic law!
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by SimplYeahmee(m): 9:07pm On Mar 09, 2013
Mal 3:10 - bring ye all the tithes so that my store house may be full. And ℓ̊'ll rebuke the devorer on ur behalf.

You were commanded, thou shall not steal and God said you have robbed in ur tithes.

As a student, ℓ̊ believe U̶̲̥̅̊ shud pay tithe out of ur increase, ur increase does not signify ur sch fees or money for text books. Ur increase is ur pocket money and all such monetary gifts that may accrue to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? / What Happens If You Commit Suicide / Any Pastor Who Can’t Control His Libido Shouldn’t Go Near Pulpit — Yakubu Pam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.