Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Nigeria Answer To Google Search Engine: Nintag - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigeria Answer To Google Search Engine: Nintag (2261 Views)

Happy 17th Birthday To Google! / Shodan: The Scary Backdoor Search Engine / You Can Now Use Google Search Engine Through Sms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Answer To Google Search Engine: Nintag by Nintag(m): 4:36am On Mar 09, 2013
Ex-pat Nigerians launch Nintag search engine
Thursday 7 February 2013 | 12:54 CET | News
Three Nigerians living in the Diaspora are to launch a new search engine on 08 February called Nintag, which is dedicated to providing local search results. It is already in its final Beta version and lets users perform simplly worded searches, and has the capability to handle images and video-related queries. Justice Adeyemo, the Co-CEO of Nintag, told Trends.com that the goal is to become the only search engine that people can rely on for information on Nigeria. To monetise the search engine, Nintag intends to provide advertisers with more targeted, personalised advertising opportunities.

The founders expect that the search engine will be embraced by Nigerian companies as well as global corporations looking to have a market share in the country. The search engine uses three methods to collect information on Nigeria, the first one being its Ninbot Web crawler. Ninbot crawls the internet every day collecting Nigeria-related data, and is more efficient with domain names ending with .ng.

The search engine also has key words deployed within itself so that if anyone makes a query on a specific item, only Nigerian content is provided in the search results. Another method that the search engine gets its content is via URLs that individual business people can submit on the site. These URLs are first reviewed by the Webmaster to find out if they have any Nigerian or African content before they are added into the Web crawler database.

(Source from http://www.telecompaper.com/news/ex-pat-nigerians-launch-nintag-search-engine--923491)

Re: Nigeria Answer To Google Search Engine: Nintag by dc555: 5:09am On Mar 09, 2013
Nice one lets see how it works out.
Re: Nigeria Answer To Google Search Engine: Nintag by Nintag(m): 7:27pm On Mar 11, 2013
How it works out lies in Nigeria Hands as we all know Nigeria value other country product than our own home made product. We are trying our best and making every effort to make it work out. Rome was not build in a day. Nintag may take some time to rise in the Nigeria market but when it does it will boast of hard work and dedication. Help us spread the word support us and like us on Facebook tell your friends and friends of friends. It is time we rise and bring Nigeria up to its name as the giant of Africa. Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/nintag35
Re: Nigeria Answer To Google Search Engine: Nintag by BetaQuick: 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
You cannot say 'your internet business was made by Nigerians so that's why Nigerians should use it'. It has to actually be as good as the competitor.

The harsh truth is that no one cares how hard you've worked. We just want something that works well.

I think there is a need for Nigeria specific search engine. But compared to Google.com.ng...ur site falls far behind. Even the search feature on nairaland produces better results.

Sorry
Re: Nigeria Answer To Google Search Engine: Nintag by Nintag(m): 2:07am On Mar 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. What you said is quite right and we listen to our people advice on making the site better every day. But all we are saying is that Rome was not build in one day. You just compare a billion dollar industry to a group of three Nigerians that spent there hard earn money to just build something that will work. Google also started like this but the support they get from there people is what got them to we're they are today. We do produce the best result and our Ninbot is growing and collecting data everyday. If there is any help, suggestions or feedback you can offer us we welcome it all. And our goal is to grow with you guys and not against you guys. So please we welcome all of you to test our site and lay down point you guys feel needs improvement on. Thank you your advice was well appreciated.
Re: Nigeria Answer To Google Search Engine: Nintag by BetaQuick: 5:11am On Mar 24, 2013
A nigerian search site can definitely be worth millions of dollars. Keep working and dont give up.
I've bookmarked your site and I will use it to search nigeria related information.
Re: Nigeria Answer To Google Search Engine: Nintag by Nintag(m): 3:43pm On Mar 26, 2013
Thank you very much for that comment it melt my heart to no that our hard work will not be in vain. Thank you again and everyone else that read this please your comment is truly welcome, and we will devote our best ability to continue growing and continue developing nintag soon we are releasing search suggestion base on searches made by other fellow Nigerians. and also the other project will be lunch middle of April. "It is not easy to build a Successful Business, but if you are willing to pour out your heart and soul you will surely build an empire" (Mathias Oni)
Re: Nigeria Answer To Google Search Engine: Nintag by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 27, 2013
Its a good initiative, although I'm not ok with its aesthetics
Re: Nigeria Answer To Google Search Engine: Nintag by Valto(m): 11:46am On Mar 27, 2013
this is nice
Re: Nigeria Answer To Google Search Engine: Nintag by funkymedina: 7:34am On Mar 28, 2013
I honestly dont undertsnd the search site.. many things have no results..even famous nigerians show no result ..i couldnt even search myself ..no results. Then there is son of Awolowo dead at the top left and some headline of Ini Edo's lover ..are u also an entertainment/gossip mag? Best of luck sha ..Rome was not built in a day but if it could be good if your site can actually search
Re: Nigeria Answer To Google Search Engine: Nintag by Nintag(m): 10:35am On Mar 28, 2013
Thank you all for your comment. You are very much correct about the search result. First let me input this, The finance for this project is low and we are making every effort to make sure our database does not exceed its current limit. We are also seeking investment at the moment to help boost Nintag project. Now reason for the above statement simply put is that- on Nintag you can search for any Nigeria related information, at times you will only get no result when some words have not been search for on Nintag. so for example if you search for a particular word our crawler will eventually collect all the information regarding your search inquiries. Every information found on Nintag are not a custom of any search engine like many Nigeria search engine out there. We simply collect all data using our Ninbot crawler. That's why when you search you will never see any other international related content.
(We are truly sorry for any inconvenient you may find using Nintag, But we ask that you check back in an hour or two when you make a search inquiries and receive no result. Please be aware, you wont receive any result related to America content if you are searching for such) Thank you all again for your comment and all is well appreciated. Entertainment wise we provide rss feeds of site offering Jobs, News etc... We just implement search suggestion for you to know what Nigerians search for online, so for example if you search for something that has no suggestion then it has not been search for on Nintag or has been search for but searched differently. Please any request, questions or comment are welcome. If i did not answer your question correctly please ask again and i will do my best in answering what ever question you may have. Thank you. Nintag is here to serve you.
Re: Nigeria Answer To Google Search Engine: Nintag by tpia5: 9:30pm On Dec 25, 2013
interesting concept but the manpower behind google is high.
Re: Nigeria Answer To Google Search Engine: Nintag by Horus(m): 1:07am On Dec 26, 2013
Nintag: Thank you very much for that comment it melt my heart to no that our hard work will not be in vain. Thank you again and everyone else that read this please your comment is truly welcome, and we will devote our best ability to continue growing and continue developing nintag soon we are releasing search suggestion base on searches made by other fellow Nigerians. and also the other project will be lunch middle of April. "It is not easy to build a Successful Business, but if you are willing to pour out your heart and soul you will surely build an empire" (Mathias Oni)

Any updates?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Things You Can Do With Coca-cola You Probably Didn’t Know / Fun NASA Gifs / Help Me Build Solar Panel & Invecter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.