Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? (10905 Views)

Is Uche Jumbo Losing Too Much Weight? / Timaya New Lover Is Uche Iwuji. / Where Is Uche Jumbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? by sholay2011(m): 9:21am On Mar 09, 2013
I remember those days when I was still a fan of naija movies, I became an ardent fan of this effective combination of talent and beauty in one person called Uche Obi-osotule.

She blew me away in movies like Onome and Thunderbolt as 'Ngozi'. Anyday I see the latter movie, I'm always amazed at how wonderfully she acted and that has been the best performance I've seen from a Nigerian actress in a leading role till date! (Maybe I need to see recent movies sha)

She has been away from our screens for years now with acting sensations like genny,omotola, ini edo, tonto d1ck, mercy johnson, chelsea eze etc taking over but I wouldn't mind to know how far this lady is doing. She is a rare talent.

Re: Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? by greatgod2012(f): 10:30am On Mar 09, 2013
sholay2011: I remember those days when I was still a fan of naija movies, I became an ardent fan of this effective combination of talent and beauty in one person called Uche Obi-osotule.

She blew me away in movies like Onome and Thunderbolt as 'Ngozi'. Anyday I see the latter movie, I'm always amazed at how wonderfully she acted and that has been the best performance I've seen from a Nigerian actress in a leading role till date! (Maybe I need to see recent movies sha)

She has been away from our screens for years now with acting sensations like genny,omotola, ini edo, tonto d1ck, mercy johnson, chelsea eze etc taking over but I wouldn't mind to know how far this lady is doing. She is a rare talent.

yes, i remember her vividly, in that movie....thunderbolt,, yes, shes a rare talent indeed, but, only God knows why we have not been seeing her in movies recently.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:59am On Mar 09, 2013
Learnt she relocated 2 oversea few years ago.
Re: Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? by sholay2011(m): 11:51am On Mar 09, 2013
Tnx greatgod and okikioluwa...wish her d best.

May God help us all. (Greatgod's words) grin
Re: Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? by electrokristron(m): 1:42am On Nov 21, 2014
Onome 1 & 2 (also known as Another Love)

This is certainly one of the best movies Nollywood has ever produced!

Film Data:
Nigeria, Year 1996/1997, 94 Minutes,
Director: Chico Ejiro
Screenplay: Opa Williams, Joe Dudun, and Fred Amata • Cinematography: Jonathan Gbemuotor • Editing: Fidelis Ewata •
Production: Consolidated Fortunes LTD, and Opa Williams
Cast: Olu Jacobs (Dafe), Uche Osotule (Onome), Henrienta Oniovosa (Efe), Lai Ashadele (Doctor), Zack Amata (Umukoro, Onome's father) and Sam Loco Efe (Akpo)

Movie Review:
The viewer is called to cautiousness even before the opening credits are over.
When the shoe, which in the first shot was put on the foot, steps and crushes an insect on the floor, it is clear that danger is close. Whiteness of the table cloth and of shirts of the waitresses in the restaurant is almost aching. Shortly after the man from the car enters the restaurant, the place is attacked by armed men and the customers are robbed. Thanks to the waitress, Onome, the man from the car, Dafe, survived the attack that could cost him fortune, if not life.
Onome is one of the first masterpieces by legendary Chico Ejiro. Dark drama of rich and poor evolves on the background of the violent event from the beginning, and the automatism of its brutality partly explains the passivity of the protagonists. They live worlds apart: Dafe in a luxurious home in a highbrow neighborhood, Onome in Ajegunle, the Lagos slum where dirty streets are flooded with stagnant water, in one-room apartment together with sick mother, brothers and younger sister. The more he tries to help, deeper is her misery. Outstanding cinematography and direction are accompanied by tightly written story and excellent cast. The male characters are performed by veteran actors Olu Jacobs, Sam Loco Efe and Zack Amata. Onome, as often is the case with women, is at the centre, but helpless. But men in this story are helpless as well. Onome's biological father left the family, her boyfriend runs away when he learns that she is pregnant, even Dafe is unable to make real his desire for her, his another love. It is their impotence that makes her a prostitute. A courageous statement in a society where prostitution is the only way of survival.

Request to members of the public:
If you have a copy of this movie (either in the old VHS Tape format, VCD, DVD format or a download link on Youtube or anywhere else on the web), kindly contact me. I don't mind paying for it.
Whatever form or format you have the movie on, (Onome 1 & 2 also known as Another Love) pls contact me as soon as possible.
I don't mind paying for the download or for your services.

Kindly contact Chris on +234-8084710033 or send an email to electrokristron@gmail.com
Re: Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? by luvinhubby(m): 8:50pm On Apr 16, 2015
She started off in Checkmate as Nkemji, the 'waybilled' wife for Nduka (Bimbo Manuel).
Was fantastic on thunderbolt.

Where is she now?

1 Like

Re: Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? by enoqueen: 9:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
If u ask me, na who I go ask cool
Re: Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
Why una dey find am, she owe una money.
Re: Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? by luvinhubby(m): 9:12am On Apr 17, 2015
fhranciz:
Why una dey find am, she owe una money.
Enjoyed her acting skills back then & still thinks she has a lot to offer.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? by fairygeh(f): 9:19am On Apr 17, 2015
electrokristron:
Onome 1 & 2 (also known as Another Love)

This is certainly one of the best movies Nollywood has ever produced!

Film Data:
Nigeria, Year 1996/1997, 94 Minutes,
Director: Chico Ejiro
Screenplay: Opa Williams, Joe Dudun, and Fred Amata • Cinematography: Jonathan Gbemuotor • Editing: Fidelis Ewata •
Production: Consolidated Fortunes LTD, and Opa Williams
Cast: Olu Jacobs (Dafe), Uche Osotule (Onome), Henrienta Oniovosa (Efe), Lai Ashadele (Doctor), Zack Amata (Umukoro, Onome's father) and Sam Loco Efe (Akpo)

Movie Review:
The viewer is called to cautiousness even before the opening credits are over.
When the shoe, which in the first shot was put on the foot, steps and crushes an insect on the floor, it is clear that danger is close. Whiteness of the table cloth and of shirts of the waitresses in the restaurant is almost aching. Shortly after the man from the car enters the restaurant, the place is attacked by armed men and the customers are robbed. Thanks to the waitress, Onome, the man from the car, Dafe, survived the attack that could cost him fortune, if not life.
Onome is one of the first masterpieces by legendary Chico Ejiro. Dark drama of rich and poor evolves on the background of the violent event from the beginning, and the automatism of its brutality partly explains the passivity of the protagonists. They live worlds apart: Dafe in a luxurious home in a highbrow neighborhood, Onome in Ajegunle, the Lagos slum where dirty streets are flooded with stagnant water, in one-room apartment together with sick mother, brothers and younger sister. The more he tries to help, deeper is her misery. Outstanding cinematography and direction are accompanied by tightly written story and excellent cast. The male characters are performed by veteran actors Olu Jacobs, Sam Loco Efe and Zack Amata. Onome, as often is the case with women, is at the centre, but helpless. But men in this story are helpless as well. Onome's biological father left the family, her boyfriend runs away when he learns that she is pregnant, even Dafe is unable to make real his desire for her, his another love. It is their impotence that makes her a prostitute. A courageous statement in a society where prostitution is the only way of survival.

Request to members of the public:
If you have a copy of this movie (either in the old VHS Tape format, VCD, DVD format or a download link on Youtube or anywhere else on the web), kindly contact me. I don't mind paying for it.
Whatever form or format you have the movie on, (Onome 1 & 2 also known as Another Love) pls contact me as soon as possible.
I don't mind paying for the download or for your services.

Kindly contact Chris on +234-8084710033 or send an email to electrokristron@gmail.com
Pay for it? Na so you like the movie reach?
I can remember watching the movie tho
Btw the apart two was captioned ONOME "Looking for Tega" that's when her son was kidnapped or so.
Re: Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? by fairygeh(f): 9:20am On Apr 17, 2015
luvinhubby:
She started off in Checkmate as Nkemji, the 'waybilled' wife for Nduka (Bimbo Manuel).
Was fantastic on thunderbolt.

Where is she now?
She's in my house
Re: Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? by luvinhubby(m): 9:31am On Apr 17, 2015
fairygeh:

She's in my house
Lesbo alert ! grin
Re: Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? by fairygeh(f): 9:33am On Apr 17, 2015
luvinhubby:

Lesbo alert ! grin
yes,we even did that thing overnight,i am tired sef lipsrsealed
Re: Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? by luvinhubby(m): 9:37am On Apr 17, 2015
[b][/b]
fairygeh:
yes,we even did that thing overnight,i am tired sef lipsrsealed
Na yeye dey worry you . cheesy

We need to urge Uche back to our screens, really missing her acting skills.
Re: Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? by Esther4Ezeh: 9:45am On Oct 04, 2020
What a wonderful article you got here please for more Celebrities info visit https://www.ukaabest.com
Re: Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? by Esther4Ezeh: 9:46am On Oct 04, 2020
For more Celeb info visit https://www.ukaabest.com
Re: Where Is Uche Obi Osotule? by aycorporat(m): 11:04am On Jun 16, 2021
Please I am also in search of her.

While about to enter the University, I watched thunderbolt which endeared me more to her.

Please any info on her

(1) (Reply)

Popular Actor Aina Gold's Wife Clock 50 Years / Anita Patrick Engages Youths In Forthcoming Election In Lagos / Stephanie Okereke's Braids Cost N5million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.