Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Knowing The Difference Between Your Needs And Your Wants. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Knowing The Difference Between Your Needs And Your Wants. (979 Views)

Knowing The Correct Religion / Does God know EVERYTHING to d extent of knowing the choice we ll make? / Rely On God's Mercy For All Your Needs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knowing The Difference Between Your Needs And Your Wants. by uchkochi(m): 3:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
KNOWING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOUR NEEDS AND YOUR WANTS.

It is important to know that God is committed to meeting your needs and not your wants. Philippians 4:19. If there is a delay in any area of your life, check and think, probably that your request is not yet a need, it is still a want. Don't expect God to give you huge sum of money when you are not disciplined enough to manage a little sum.

Until Adam needed a wife, Eve never showed up. But when God saw that Adam was going about his business of taking care of the garden consistently, then it became bad for him to be alone. Listen child of God, it is good for some people to remain alone until then have learnt discipline and have discovered themselves and are working towards making their life better. The bottom line is, God gives you a wife or a husband when you need one, not when you have enough money or when you are of age. You need to be emotionally matured to need a spouse.

Your needs are very important to God and He wants to meet them. But you must identify the difference between a need and a want. Many people want a car, but do they really need one now, do they have the capacity to maintain one. A want can become a need with time. That is why patience is a relevant virtue. Check your prayer requests, God is practical, most ladies have not been able to help themselves, how can they help a man. You can get what you want by any means, but if it is not what you need at that time, it may lead to disaster. Proverbs 16:25. Keep working on yourself, keep preparing yourself only then will the desires of your heart be met, because they will be what you really need. Receive grace to know the difference between what you need and what you want in Jesus precious name. OMEGA CYBER MINISTRY. +2348052773865. Bb pin is 2739F228. www.omegagospelnetwork.com

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Difference Between Your Needs And Your Wants. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
Amen.
Re: Knowing The Difference Between Your Needs And Your Wants. by Snowwy: 10:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
Hmmmmn. Very very reflective. What about desires which I believe could either be a need or a want? One thing is sure, our desires should align with God's will.
Re: Knowing The Difference Between Your Needs And Your Wants. by nlMediator: 4:15am On Mar 11, 2013
Snowwy: Hmmmmn. Very very reflective. What about desires which I believe could either be a need or a want? One thing is sure, our desires should align with God's will.

Good observation. God is ready and willing to meet not just our needs but also our wants. He expects us to help others and that can only happen constantly if we have an overflow - beyond our needs. If our wants are not realized, it is not because God has not promised such, but because they may be outside of God's will for us (at the time) or because our faith is not (yet) strong enough to appropriate them.
Re: Knowing The Difference Between Your Needs And Your Wants. by Snowwy: 6:53am On Mar 11, 2013
nlMediator:

Good observation. God is ready and willing to meet not just our needs but also our wants. He expects us to help others and that can only happen constantly if we have an overflow - beyond our needs. If our wants are not realized, it is not because God has not promised such, but because they may be outside of God's will for us (at the time) or because our faith is not (yet) strong enough to appropriate them.
Very true. I realised that when I was yet to start working my prayer was for grace to always help others and give to His work as I was doing even with the little I had then and I have received God's blessing beyond measure because of such a simple prayer so much that giving is a pleasure and lifestyle now.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Book Review - The Harlot Church System / Strange : Watch All 11 Minutes Of This Video Clip And Provide Feedback / Is Mercy Killing A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.