Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,737 members, 7,802,219 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... (3651 Views)

Ladies Only: I Am The Most Handsome Guy In The History Of Nairaland. / Nairaland Moderators! Why Was I Banned? / Seun, This Is Unprofessional! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 09, 2013
[b]Ive been observing some strange thing on Nairaland that i never seen before on other forums or social networks......Moderators threatening users with banishment.....I dont know what Seun business model is...but this will only lead to a decline for Nairaland.....there's a reason why website have a rule's page....so you dont have to threaten your users....if someone post something thats against the rules you simply...delete the section that broke the rule not something that hurt your feelings...or delete the entire post....and refer them to "Nairaland rule" not say..."I wont hesitate to ban you"...right now, Nairaland is operating with the efficiency of the Nigerian Government specifically the Nigerian embassies....Ive seen moderators threaten to ban users two times already....its very unprofessional.......the success of the forum solely depends on the users.....so it doesnt make any sense threatening them at all....stop with the threats and be professional....if you guys ever ban me....you ban me for life....and i would just contribute to Nairaland's competition.....[/b]

13 Likes

Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by Alfamann: 4:28pm On Mar 09, 2013
please who is the main competitor?
Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
Alfamann: please who is the main competitor?
you dont get the point...there are many competitors out there...but Nairaland's biggest threat is a innovative personal that gets tired of the threats....decides to start his own forum.....look at what happened to myspace<facebook....innovative mind is the threat....
Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by Seun(m): 4:41pm On Mar 09, 2013
We are sorry about this. Let me know the mod's name so I can tell him/her to stop doing that.
Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by Duru1(m): 4:46pm On Mar 09, 2013
Seun: We are sorry about this. Let me know the mod's name so I can tell him/her to stop doing that.

It is now a ban-attracting offence to spell some words in a certain way. Remember censorship enacted by web sites attracts certain penalties too.
Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 09, 2013
Seun: We are sorry about this. Let me know the mod's name so I can tell him/her to stop doing that.

this is the link to the thread...https://www.nairaland.com/1210677/list-nigerian-softwares-compete-globally.....From the Moderator: Please do not be tempted to see this as an opportunity to advertise your software because i wont hesitate to ban you. Thanks for your understanding...thats what was said....thats very unprofessionally....the facts is no body is obligated to be here....if i was a new guess and i saw something like that...i would just think..."this is just another rude Nigerian website" and leave....the person even deleted my post for no reason at all....i said nothing wrong i simply pointed out that he or she shouldn't be threatening users.....
Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by Odunnu: 4:48pm On Mar 09, 2013
If I were Seun the NL admin, i'll give you MOD powers for 24hrs. When you are back as a regular, you would ask that this thread be scrapped.

1 Like

Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 09, 2013
Odunnu: If I were Seun the NL admin, i'll give you MOD powers for 24hrs. When you are back as a regular, you would ask that this thread be scrapped.

That is not how to mod a forum......with threats...you mod forums with rules.....not threats...its difficult but its professional....

3 Likes

Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by Caracta(f): 4:56pm On Mar 09, 2013
I see no threat here but a warning.
Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 09, 2013
Caracta: I see no threat here but a warning.
thats a Nigerian warning...this is a professional warning....from mod: this is not an opportunity for you to advertise your business or product, follow the Nairaland posting rules so no admin actions will have to be taken..thank you....that is a warning....not I wont hesitate to ban you=Nigerian warning...its the little details that adds up....

4 Likes

Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by Caracta(f): 5:23pm On Mar 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

thats a Nigerian warning...this is a professional warning....from mod: this is not an opportunity for you to advertise your business or product, follow the Nairaland posting rules so no admin actions will have to be taken
I see...i agree with you. Nairaland is not just for Nigerians. Methinks you are right and on point.
Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by Obiora4life: 6:53pm On Mar 09, 2013
@OP, calm down...

I totally stand by what you say, it's so authoritative on here, but just chill... They say a word is enough for the wise.
Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by cfours: 1:17am On May 26, 2013
I agree. even the ones I used to respect are very brazen with their show of "power" they make threats up and down. it's getting ridiculous

I think things might be better if moderators were more invisible. ie doing things from the background. Seun and Mukina for example work mostly from the background. YOu don't see them posting up and down on forums flexing muscles or making a show of "i'm better than you" "I can hide your post whenever I want" kind of attitude.

if you give some people power on the forum, why not allow them to work from the background and limit their ability to post regularly/ give opinions on topics? having them giving their opinions on topics and posting like regular members allows them to become power drunk and belittling to regular posters like us.
Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by EkoIle1: 2:05am On May 26, 2013
Mods? Sounds more like thugs to me..

3 Likes

Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by Nobody: 3:07am On May 26, 2013
At least on one occasion, Afam4eva misused (abuse seems the right word) his mod powers against me. There should be a way to report moderator to Super Moderator without opening a thread.
Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by EkoIle1: 3:09am On May 26, 2013
automaticcarzz: Imagine I had a topic posted today about this problem with body of my post being the same information I just posted that you responded to. The topic did not last ten minutes before it was deleted because the truth hurts.

I made similar complaints a few days ago. It's very silly and irresponsible to hide post based on factual and documented events simply because it doesn't sounds good to your tribal hears..

eko ileee: This is to Seun and the super mods. You need start looking into what your mods hide needlessly because this is getting annoying. I understand hiding obvious bad posts, but where is the sense and wisdom in hiding benign things all over the place.

We can not even engage in serious conversation about our own country without some mod hiding and disrupting for no known reason? I mean, what's the point ? Is this still a discussion forum or what.

This is really getting out of hand and I'm really serious.

They pose more threat to NL than the people they are chasing around.

1 Like

Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by fuckluv(f): 3:19am On May 26, 2013
Odunnu: If I were Seun the NL admin, i'll give you MOD powers for 24hrs. When you are back as a regular, you would ask that this thread be scrapped.

What should be scrapped about a sensible post like this? U are simply implying that nairaland constitutes mostly of nuisance who shouldn't be paid attention to? As a professional, when ur customers begin to make complaints about ur biz; u should look inward as to what u did wrong and instantly begin to make amends. Don't piss people off with ur attitude.

2 Likes

Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by cfours: 3:36am On May 26, 2013
automaticcarzz: It is disheartening that whenever there is an opposing view to what PDP agents post on this forum, the view gets deleted. If someone is insulted by any PDP agent and you respond to it, the moderators delete your post and ban you.

I 100% agree with this. I'v noticed mods ( especially ogugua and sexkills) hiding posts for no other reason than because they disagree with what u have to say or have a personal agenda against u. they display their bullying in the open too. what an affront.
to think that I used to have great respect for them. esp ogugua
Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by Nobody: 4:12am On May 26, 2013
The most annoying thing is that we have rules to follow, but we have mods like sexhealz and his ''girlfriend'' odudua actvitely breaking them with their huge fonts and rule 2 breaking stunts(so many mods are guilty of the latter). Yet when we break these rules we get banned, by these same mods.
Isn't that an insult to the integrity of nairaland? Isn't that an insult to seun's authority? Can't he even do anything about it? Or is he as weak as our president?

3 Likes

Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by cfours: 4:21am On May 26, 2013
barefootbandit: The most annoying thing is that we have rules to follow, but we have mods like sexhealz and his ''girlfriend'' odudua actvitely breaking them with their huge fonts and rule 2 breaking stunts(so many mods are guilty of the latter). Yet when we break these rules we get banned, by these same mods.
Isn't that an insult to the integrity of nairaland? Isn't that an insult to seun's authority? Can't he even do anything about it? Or is he as weak as our president?

I thought I was the only one who noticed this.
I think the problem is that they post too much. they are very active on NL and there is no way you can be very active on NL without breaking a rule or two at some point. that's just human. and those rules are very black and white with no room for grey areas. imagine ogugua hiding my post for tell her she is sipping on "haterade"
haterade was an offensive word to her. imagine. yet I checked her profile and the first thing I see is her calling someone else a "blind woman"

my advice to them will be to post less and go invisible like Seun and Mukina. they cannot go mingling with regular posters yet at the same time trying to tell us how to behave when they themselves are no different.

2 Likes

Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by Nobody: 4:43am On May 26, 2013
c.fours:

I think the problem is that they post too much. they are very active on NL and there is no way you can be very active on NL without breaking a rule or two at some point. that's just human. and those rules are very black and white with no room for grey areas. imagine ogugua hiding my post for tell her she is sipping on "haterade"
haterade was an offensive word to her. imagine. yet I checked her profile and the first thing I see is her calling someone else a "blind woman"

my advice to them will be to post less and go invisible like Seun and Mukina. they cannot go mingling with regular posters yet at the same time trying to tell us how to behave when they themselves are no different.

Great idea, really nice. But unfortunately I don't think seun would buy it, it's like those mods have so much influence over him that they are the ones in control. I really don't know what's up, but I know this: that if seun would like nairaland to grow, no, not by banned members who keep re-registering, but genuinely grow, he would have to start listening to and considering the ideas and opinions of ordinary members. Because it is the ordinary members who constitute nairaland, they are the ones who make it what it is, not the mods, not anything, not even seun!
Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by eggheaders(m): 6:55am On May 26, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/938835/lets-complaints-suggestions-enquiries-here/136#15855857

https://www.nairaland.com/1294378/sexkillz-dont-know

lookup these links and understand the mindset of the man called sexkillz. After all he ain't gat nothing to lose when he finally destroy another man business.

2 Likes

Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by Nobody: 7:51am On May 26, 2013
barefootbandit: The most annoying thing is that we have rules to follow, but we have mods like sexhealz and his ''girlfriend'' odudua actvitely breaking them with their huge fonts and rule 2 breaking stunts(so many mods are guilty of the latter). Yet when we break these rules we get banned, by these same mods.

[size=13pt]My font isn't big.[/size]
Re: The Unprofessional-ism Of Nairaland Moderators... by Nobody: 7:54am On May 26, 2013
c.fours:

[size=13pt]Your comment was hidden because I said get back on topic and you responded with a picture of "haterade". Like I told you in that thread, there's a difference between banter and insults. Modella takes comments like the one I made lightly, and she will respond me in the same manner if she's up to it. No big deal. She's not complaining, and I didn't violate any rule. I don't hide comments depicting banter. I hide deliberately insulting comments.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's The Craziest Thing You've Ever Done In Your Life? / MONICKERS! How Did You Come Up With Yours? / A 5-year-old Girl Is World's Youngest Mother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.