Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Which Is Preferable: UBA Africard Or GTB Naira Mastercard - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Is Preferable: UBA Africard Or GTB Naira Mastercard (4404 Views)

Having Problem To Generate My Gtb Naira Mastercard Securecode / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard / Can GTB Naira Mastercard Make Online Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Preferable: UBA Africard Or GTB Naira Mastercard by greenbiz(m): 6:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
Iam a bit confused about which of these credit cards (UBA Africard or GTB Naira Mastercard) to use in terms of convenience in payment.

Can I recieve payment in dollars into any of these credit cards?
Can one pay for foriegn goods using these credit cards?
Can I load money with ease and pay foriegners with a GTB Naira mastercard.
How Can I load dollars or any other currency into a UBA africard?

Which of these credit cards are preferable for online transactions considering their strengths and limitations?
Re: Which Is Preferable: UBA Africard Or GTB Naira Mastercard by UncleJJ(m): 10:32am On Mar 10, 2013
Get the mastercard. It's a global debit card from a well respected global corporation.

No, serious businessman will touch an Africa editor when he can get a mastercard. And for extra money you can get a dorm account and get a visa card denominated in dollars... The mastercard may not work 2-3 percent of the time but the visa never fails.
Re: Which Is Preferable: UBA Africard Or GTB Naira Mastercard by toluxa1(m): 11:44am On Mar 10, 2013
I used to think the Africard was the best, but recently I have had to have a change of mind. The africard has been behaving funny after the introduction of the Verified by Visa of a thing. One advantage it has over GTB is that you can receive dollar payments with it. I had an issue recently with an order I made on amazon, after the bank blocked the amount, the seller cancelled the order. When I contacted the bank they said it'll take 30 days to release the funds but if I can't wait, they can try to help. they told me what to do and the funds were released in less than a week. I had the exact same problem few weeks later with an order on another site, this time with Africard. After emails and calls to the bank, they said there is nothing they can do, that Visa rule states it has to be 30 days.
In summary, I think GTB Master card is better.
Re: Which Is Preferable: UBA Africard Or GTB Naira Mastercard by greenbiz(m): 10:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
UncleJJ: Get the mastercard. It's a global debit card from a well respected global corporation.

No, serious businessman will touch an Africa editor when he can get a mastercard. And for extra money you can get a dorm account and get a visa card denominated in dollars... The mastercard may not work 2-3 percent of the time but the visa never fails.
toluxa1: I used to think the Africard was the best, but recently I have had to have a change of mind. The africard has been behaving funny after the introduction of the Verified by Visa of a thing. One advantage it has over GTB is that you can receive dollar payments with it. I had an issue recently with an order I made on amazon, after the bank blocked the amount, the seller cancelled the order. When I contacted the bank they said it'll take 30 days to release the funds but if I can't wait, they can try to help. they told me what to do and the funds were released in less than a week. I had the exact same problem few weeks later with an order on another site, this time with Africard. After emails and calls to the bank, they said there is nothing they can do, that Visa rule states it has to be 30 days.
In summary, I think GTB Master card is better.
Thanx guys..what bothers me is that I cant recieve dollars payment into my GTB naira mastercard and I learnt that before I culd get a GTB dollar mastercard I nid to pay $50 + $200 dollars for a domicilliary account.. $250 is not the amount I wuld want to spend now JUST for a GTB dollar card. Thats y im a bit confused here i.e i need the card that can serve the purpose of a domicilliary account best.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Preferable: UBA Africard Or GTB Naira Mastercard by PallyG(m): 11:01pm On Mar 10, 2013
GTbank is the best
Re: Which Is Preferable: UBA Africard Or GTB Naira Mastercard by dgbanj: 1:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
modified post no longer working
Re: Which Is Preferable: UBA Africard Or GTB Naira Mastercard by Websurfers: 5:52pm On Jul 04, 2013
This is a very nice thread. But if you are looking for a well presented and user-exoerience comparison; you should make sure to visit this article: http://www.worldwebsurfers.com/2013/07/gtbank-naira-mastercard-uba-africard-which-is-preferred.html
Re: Which Is Preferable: UBA Africard Or GTB Naira Mastercard by Democivil: 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2013
PallyG: GTbank is the best
try access
Re: Which Is Preferable: UBA Africard Or GTB Naira Mastercard by Democivil: 7:54pm On Jul 04, 2013
dgbanj: here is a free guide on how to make money to your liberty reserve and payza account by posting images online. get it now at http://getmoneyinnaija..com/
liberty reserve! meeen some guy cannot stop to behave like goat.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Preferable: UBA Africard Or GTB Naira Mastercard by LaudateII: 2:03am On Jul 09, 2013
Abeg, not everyone agrees that GTB Mastercard is the best. Certainly, not me.

I recently had an incident with their Mastercard that made me re-think my banking relationship with GTB. I was doing some really important transactions online on Thursday 4th of July at 1:00am when I discovered that my internet data bundle was about to run out. This would have logged me out permanently & I would have had to start afresh. So I quickly logged into the QuickTeller platform to recharge my internet modem. The message received was that Mastercard was not enabled for this service. I was so sure that there was an error somewhere as I had previously used the card for a different online transaction on a previous occassion which went through successfully. Anyway, after several tries on the QuickTeller platform with no progress on that particular Thursday, I was logged out. In the process, I lost my chance to complete my work and the opportunity to enable my employers win a commercial order of almost half a million naira from a foreign firm.

Okay oh, I thought there was a problem with my card so I went to the nearest branch of GTB the following day to log a complaint. undecided Their initial response was that all GTB Naira Mastercards had been disabled from buying airtime or recharge cards online through the Quickteller platform. I was aghast. How come I was not notified as a customer, when the bank decided to disable this function? I did not get a coherent answer. Their response was to direct me to the GTConnect phone in the banking hall.

I picked up the phone thinking that my problems would be solved. For where??! cry The 1st person i spoke to, told me one long history of how the GTB Mastercard can be used to pay DSTV bills and PHCN bills online on the same Quickteller platform, but could not be used to buy airtime credit for phones/internet modems. Okay, can you propose a solution, I asked. "Download GT Mobile Money."

I protested that this option was not possible, as my phone was just a basic entry-level phone and not a smartphone. It could not host the GTMobile Money application. The GTConnect guy stuttered & stammered and the phone went off.

Okay, I dialled back in, only to be transferred to a different lady. The story was the same. I had to start my narration from the beginning. angryI ended up re-dialling and eventually spoke to 5 different agents. At the end of the day, there was still no solution. In fact, one of the ladies kept repeating: "I cannot help you!" I felt tempted to ask, "so why are you on that seat?" But I kept quiet.

I eventually went online and logged 2 complaints on their website. The response recieved was still the same. It lacked a proactive solution to address my needs.

So I did the next best thing. I withdrew 99% of my funds from my GTB account and deposited it in another bank that would allow me to use their debit card online to purchase airtime.

The cost of doing business using GTB Mastercard is too high, and it is not conducive for my business. sad
Re: Which Is Preferable: UBA Africard Or GTB Naira Mastercard by Gold2NairaCom(m): 5:35am On Jul 09, 2013
The best among them is Access Bank Visa Card. I have stopped using my GTB Master Card and UBA Afri Card for online transactions. The reason is that some online marcahants like Google, Facebook, Foxaza etc always decline GTB Master Card. UBA charges alot of fees on their Afri Card. For instance, if you use UBA Afri Card for online transaction, they will charge you base on Dollar Black Market price and still deduct additional 2.75% fee from your funds on every transaction you do. But Access Bank VC is accepted by all merchants and their fees is normal. They will charge you base on the current exchange rate for every transaction.
Re: Which Is Preferable: UBA Africard Or GTB Naira Mastercard by phemiay(m): 6:16am On Jul 09, 2013
How to start your own online importation http://www.josphatinfo.com/p/online-importation_4.html

(1) (Reply)

Sell Your Fb Account Here / Gtbank Seeks To Wind Up Virgin Nigeria / Discover Catering Business Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.