Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

AMVCA Gist: The Good, The Bad And The Winners - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / AMVCA Gist: The Good, The Bad And The Winners (1585 Views)

Yemi Alade Attends AMVCA 2016 Braless / Burial Ceremony Of Dede One Day - Live Photos By Vivian Gist / Is Vivian Gist The Next Big Thing After Linda Ikeji's Blog? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AMVCA Gist: The Good, The Bad And The Winners by Kaymisola(f): 11:06pm On Mar 09, 2013
The much talked about Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards went down tonight at the Eko hotel and suites and it was INDEED a success. It began with Denrele Edun hosting the red carpet - he was a bit hyper active but he handled it so well - at least well enough to prove that he has gotten over Goldie's death.
Oh by the way, in the early hours of today, Denrele Edun honoured Goldie by tweeting "Goldie and I had already picked our outfits for the #AMVCA but worry not Golden One, I'm wearing al d colors u chose for ur elegant dress!" AND "Goldie and I were supposed to dazzle Africa at d first ever #AMVCA happening 2mrw but gurl, I'm reppin for u by hostin d Redcarpet LIVE!" AND "Goldie and I had already picked our outfits for the #AMVCA but worry not Golden One, I'm wearing al d colors u chose for ur elegant dress!"
DENRELE TWEETS
So back to the main gist - you see, virtually all the celebrities were interviewed on the red carpet but some of the notable ones (those that stirred up controversies on twitter) were Geneveive Nnaji (thanks to her stunning white gown that exposed her
tinyboobs, I even heard Denrele asking why You no wear underwear), Desmond Elliot (his new hair do...the dreads didn't exactly fit him -----> that's what tweeps said on twitter), Denrele (for being hypertive), Oluchi (for throwing a verbal bomb!!! she said "may the best one wins"wink and the many celebrities that were sweating on the red carpet, making one wonder if the place was that hot - were the ACs not working?!

munch_2013_03_09_185832(1)BE7slBhCEAEj8J1
The event proper kicked off at seven and it was hosted by IK Osakioduwa & Vimbai Mutinhiri. Femi Kuti performed with his band on stage, Iyanya performed his usual song - Your Waist, Banky W performed Yes/No, Tiwa Savage, Oh Tiwa, she honoured the late Goldie by singing her Say My Name before performing her own song and then the Sautisol guys from Kenya also performed.
And Yes, Vimbia the host changed like three times -why? Even Genevieve changed her outfit too...Tunde Kelani, Olu Jacob, Oc Ukeje, Mercy Johnson And Akin Omotosho were the Nigerians that carried the day at the event.
And finally many of the female celebrities were beautifully dressed in gorgeous gowns, Jackie Appiah, Liz Benson, The New Tinsel Girl, Stephanie Okereke, Rita Dominic, Nadia Buari...so many of them...they rocked!! oh btw, I forgot to add that Jim Iyke's outfit, made him look like a mordernized village headmaster! And a quickie...someone just said "Who would ve tot Genevieve Nnaji and Funke Akindele would come back from the #AMVCA empty handed?"Yes oo,afta al d nominations." Okbye!
Photos to come soon....
http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/03/amvca-gist-good-bad-and-winners.html
Re: AMVCA Gist: The Good, The Bad And The Winners by Richtalk: 11:18pm On Mar 09, 2013
To me the Awards was a huge success! All the presenters did extremely well, from the red carpet to the stage. Derenle was exclusively good, he new how to handle the red carpet and put the celebrity at a comfort zone.

My best dressed was Rita Dominic
My worst was Jim Ikye and Genevieve

I wonder what she was thinking when she wore the white dress. She was trying to expose her flat breast and it didn't go well.
Derenle asked her "if her underwear was to speak, what will it say" ? Ofcourse she couldn't answer cos she was wearing no bra! smileygrin grin
Re: AMVCA Gist: The Good, The Bad And The Winners by Akshow: 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2013
As to the celebs sweatin that is So obvious even in the hall. makes me wonder if eko suite no get ac. As for genny's hangin tiny bo.obs it was totally unflatterin. The dumb expression and lack of what to say when denrele ask her where she left her undies made are look more stupid. She fall my hand big time. Tiwa savage i feel your traditional swag on stage. You Oleku is to kill for. All in all it was a nice starter.
Re: AMVCA Gist: The Good, The Bad And The Winners by ammyluv2002(f): 12:19am On Mar 10, 2013
My dear Genny, what happened to you today? The 1st gown she wore was 0/10 then the 2nd gown was 5/10 ( she forget her b**bs for house?) My beautiful Rita never disappoints, her gown was one in a million, it was perfect...then the Hostess was it the camera or my eyes? I don't understand the 3rd gown she wore( her curves was somehow)...Jackie, pls & pls, do not get fat oooo and I don't understand that your gown too...Omotala, your backyard is growing so fast, is so big. Pls, do something about it( e fit be the camera dey deceive me sha)....Uti, u are just too much. In fact, they born you born dressing...Jim Ike, I don't know what 2 say. Why did they even call you to give that "big" award? Anywayz, your outfit was ok expect the short...oh, my precious mummy liz Benson so decent yet sexy!!! There's one lady that came out with a white man...mehn, that lady was so lovely, well packaged in fact na Oscar gown be that....there's this other Ghana babe that wore black gown, she's so beautiful with great curves...Chinedu, was also looking good too.....lastly, I thought they said "viewer's choice award" which viewers vote for all those films I never hear before for my life? They would have called it "Africa Magic staff viewers award" just saying sha!!!! Femi and Banky killed it, their performance was too good to be real....na my own version of the award be this o...lol

1 Like

Re: AMVCA Gist: The Good, The Bad And The Winners by buskeske: 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2013
Thank you ooooo, this is definitely not viewer's
Choice award at all

(1) (Reply)

2face And Annies Nude Photos Laeked / Moji Olaiya Confesses:nollywood Actors & Actresses Sleep With Each Other On Movi / Nigerian Rapper Wale Claims He Had Sex With Rihanna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.