Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! (16395 Views)

In Maiduguri, E-Kanemi Warriors Hosted Shooting Stars FC / Shooting Stars Tweet About Maiduguri; Funny Or Inappropriate? / Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by aswani(m): 9:07am On Apr 02, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Abiola babes was disbanded late 1987. They did not play in 1988 league
Technically, they were disbanded a few weeks before the league started in 1988.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by aswani(m): 9:11am On Apr 02, 2013
I apologise to IICC fans for hijacking their thread, Andre Uweh is a knowledgeable fella but I had to counter some of his points.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by honeric01(m): 10:00am On Apr 02, 2013
aswani:
I don't want to open a can of worms but why would a state government that allowed Ocean boys to implode due to lack of funds just last year suddenly be part sponsoring Baribote's team?

maybe to inject the funds into nembe city? Internal/ethnical ramblings within the state. Some seasons ago was bayelsa. (the league champ d season before going down) and then ocean boys just so nembe can rise? Diverted funds meant for ocean boys into nembe and bayelsa to rise back into the npfl? Propoganda?
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by coogar: 10:27am On Apr 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Teams mustn't own stadiums. Even in England, not all teams own stadiums. Some of them are built by their sponsors while some clubs lease these venues.

but there's organisation in england......
you would normally expect football clubs to stick to the terms of the agreement on the leasehold. the reason i am clamouring for a compulsory stadium ownership is to make it an attractive package to big time foreign sponsors. imagine writing a report to woo vodafone or samsung that the nigerian league has been revamped with a dozen clubs owning their own stadium, there's security and the officiating is fair - they would quickly pump billions of dollars to the league......
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by AndreUweh(m): 8:19pm On Apr 02, 2013
aswani:
I would be surprised if a company was called 'Falcons Bottling company' in Nigeria, I think the company was Premier Breweries and the club was named 'Premier Breweries Falcons football club of Aba'.
Shame the NFA or NFF don't have a website with an archives page.

I wonder if it was Golden Guinea Falcons of Umuahia actually!
Golden Guinea was based at Umuahia while Falcons was at Aba. When the then Imo state retook Falcons and renamed it Enyimba, another club sprang up in Aba though short lived . That club was called Dubic Fc. Probably Falcons and Dubic were same bottling company.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by aswani(m): 10:08pm On Apr 02, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Golden Guinea was based at Umuahia while Falcons was at Aba. When the then Imo state retook Falcons and renamed it Enyimba, another club sprang up in Aba though short lived . That club was called Dubic Fc. Probably Falcons and Dubic were same bottling company.
I did a search on the net and indeed there was a Falcon bottling company in Aba so I stand corrected. That must have been the team I saw featuring Osondu playing against IBWA all those years ago.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 3:56am On Apr 07, 2013
Taliban: ..

^^lol
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by TalkingToYaSelf: 3:59am On Apr 07, 2013
Wtf
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by jibzy90(m): 1:14am On Nov 17, 2014
Congratulations on the promotion ticket secured back to the elite league.....Congrats 3SC...Our darling team

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by ayusbobs(m): 9:25am On Nov 19, 2014
Congrats to our darling 3sc for the promotion to the premier league. I want all fans to make this thread alive again we need to know the latest about news and transfer and also how can I get 3sc jersey to buy? Up soooooooooting!!!

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by robosky02(m): 9:50am On Nov 19, 2014
suuuuuuting is back

just at the time the league is bubbling again...
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by tuffgongjo(m): 12:25pm On Nov 19, 2014
robosky02:

suuuuuuting is back

just at the time the league is bubbling again...
Hope they will last more than a season this time around?
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by robosky02(m): 12:50pm On Nov 19, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Hope they will last more than a season this time around?

suuting is one of the traditional team in nigeria

before now they hold the record of never going to relegation

but now they have tested the lower places

sure they will be stringer now
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by tuffgongjo(m): 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2014
robosky02:

suuting is one of the traditional team in nigeria

before now they hold the record of never going to relegation

but now they have tested the lower places

sure they will be stringer now
I pray so.
Shooo ma shurrrr
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by awo666(m): 12:33pm On Sep 08, 2015
Pls can't we run shooting stars in form of a community based clubside
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by heed101(m): 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
Just concluded 3sc match 2-0
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Dailyfavour(m): 7:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
Is there any body that watch 3SC match today to give little experience of how the pitch look like, cos I learnt they paraded youngsters
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by iPopAlomo(m): 8:21am On Jan 16, 2017
Arsenal and 3Sc fan here... I sabi everybody name for Arsenal unlike 3sc... but make I follow this thread start from somewhere...

We won our first match... make we just manage at least draw our next away match...
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Deeypeey(m): 9:35am On Jan 16, 2017
#Registered
Up "Sooting" !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by tck2000(m): 2:25pm On Jul 09, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job / Ndidi Will Be Back For Leicester City’s League Opener Against Wolves – Rodgers / Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.