Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children (15605 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. / What Do You Miss About Your Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by niyoni: 7:24am On Mar 10, 2013
Are there things u miss about ur life b4 u got married or started having children? Pls share.
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 10, 2013
Well i am not yet married and i am still enjoying every bit of my life.my singlehood,independence,freedom from any infant relying on me for survival,freedom from being responsible to anyone except myself,freedom to spend my money the way and whichever way i choose,freedom to wear anything i want and spend my day the way i like,freedom to go wherever and whenever i choose,freedom from societal inhibitions of being a 'mrs',freedom to live my life and not anyone in order to please inlaws,husband and whoever.infact i dont yet think am longing for marriage so soon

7 Likes

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by toofine765: 5:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
Hm, you never know what you have got until you lose it. Men,I so miss my days of singlehood but I have resolved not to complain cos God didn't commit a crime when He gave me a hubby with wonderful kids. But like I always advice my single friends enjoy your freedom while it last.

6 Likes

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by jeffizy(m): 8:57am On Mar 12, 2013
As a guy, i surely miss the evening out with hommies. It's not as if i'm restricted,but a man has to be responsible enough to know how to spend his time and with who.

5 Likes

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 12, 2013
My sleep pattern,

Travelling without planning for it for months.

Random parties and groove grin

E plenty Sha, but am glad I did...

But when I get too stressed, I just look for grandma, while I take a family time off. Hubby on your own. No be only work they creat vacation for. cool

1 Like

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by RoyalRoy(m): 10:21am On Mar 12, 2013
As a single sure boy.....I go dey tingba-Gba-tingba-Gba n'ile ijo!!!!!
On a serious note I love my free life as it is now! The only snag is.....all my boiz no dey present for the weekend bar talk anymore....the few ones who manage to "prostrate" for madam to let them out sef no dey spend pass 1hr. Leaving only Mr Roy behind with his retinue of cream pretty chics *winks*!
Life's good anyway....no regrets!

2 Likes

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by mawuqueyan(f): 11:00am On Mar 12, 2013
Royal Roy: As a single sure boy.....I go dey tingba-Gba-tingba-Gba n'ile ijo!!!!!
On a serious note I love my free life as it is now! The only snag is.....all my boiz no dey present for the weekend bar talk anymore....the few ones who manage to "prostrate" for madam to let them out sef no dey spend pass 1hr. Leaving only Mr Roy behind with his retinue of cream pretty chics *winks*!
Life's good anyway....no regrets!
Sure boi indeed undecided
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by RoyalRoy(m): 11:29am On Mar 12, 2013
mawuqueyan:

Sure boi indeed undecided
Welcome on board mz mawuqueyan!
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by mawuqueyan(f): 1:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
Royal Roy:
Welcome on board mz mawuqueyan!
Mr 'sure boi'y dnt Ɣou welcum mε by telling mε ow sure Ɣou rilly are#yimu# lipsrsealed
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by niyoni: 3:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
Hmmm...I guess d men miss their freedom more. Where are d ladies? Pls we want to hear frm u....
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by babythug(f): 3:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
i certainly miss all the energy i had back then. i could drive from one end of town to the other all in the name of groove! and i didnt have to cook daily *sighs*
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Cyberfreak(f): 3:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
Jj
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Rastamann: 3:24pm On Mar 12, 2013
excessive jiving and night crawling with all the p-s-ies.
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
SLEEP!!!!
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Heluche: 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
I missed my freedom but am happy to be married
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Temismith(f): 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
I missed my freedom, sleep, privacy, hanging out with frends,the free recharge cards and money i get from my magasgrin grin grin grin....... But HONESTLY, AM HAPPY TO BE MARRIED cos of d respect and favour i get wherever i go to..

1 Like

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by devour129: 3:42pm On Mar 12, 2013
funny enough av missed nothing.have always lived a boring life,am having the adventures of my life now . married life is better,less complicated and more rewards and enough drama from both hubby,kids,in-laws and all the new family and friends i have made through marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Stegomiah: 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
I dont tink dias anytin 2 miss bout life b4 marriage or childbearing cos evrytin we do in lyf is a choice nd no1 pulled a trigger @ u 2 marry.

All i know is dat in life dia ar stages, @ sm point u av 2 grow up, be a matured man/lady nd take responsibility, dia ar sm tins we did den dat we cant do now, not becos we cannot but because we av a more greater task ahead, i mean a responsible family man will av 2 limit d number of parties he attends on like b4 nd u cant rock gals lyk b4, u ar naw married, naw a parent nd its ur call, ur choice so u av 1 live wit dat fact nd face au u fend 4 ur family.

Am not married yet dough, guess i still av time 2 enjoy my adolescent years, cos notin lasts lyk memories, eida gud or bad
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by mkoabiola: 3:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
babythug: i certainly miss all the energy i had back then. i could drive from one end of town to the other all in the name of groove! and i didnt have to cook daily *sighs*
Ur username says it all.lol

2 Likes

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by UnknownMember: 3:49pm On Mar 12, 2013

When I could walk into a bar and know that all the girls here are fair game.
When I could up and fly to Lagos tomorrow and not bother about nothing.
When all I did with my money was ball.
When I could sleep an entire weekend away in bed with different honeys.
When Life was so so meaningless and debaucherous.

In summary, I miss my FREEDOM!!!

YESSS HONEEEY!!!! NO!! I am not on Nairaland again, I am just checking my e-mails and account balance... grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by cyzzy: 3:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
I mis banging random babes. But I will miss my wife and kids more if I can go back in time. Conclusion, am better off now than when am single.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by taryour(f): 3:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
I don't miss anything. It only when am preg I miss myself cry
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Tinablack: 4:00pm On Mar 12, 2013
babythug: i certainly miss all the energy i had back then. i could drive from one end of town to the other all in the name of groove! and i didnt have to cook daily *sighs*

I c. Ur name says it all "BABYTHUG" tanx God 4 matrimony dat tied u dwn.

Sm1 say Halleluyah!!!
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by tjskii(f): 4:00pm On Mar 12, 2013
The freedom to suddenly change jobs and town wen boredom sets in,the days of no cooking,na to stroll enter mumsy kitchen chop all d chopables,d days of wakin up on saturday mornings glued to d tv watching series films,d days of being abl to sleep thru d nite wtht one pikin doing yinyinyin in my ears,d days of walking down d street and knowin dt 90% of d guys ther r eyeing u for chyking undecided

All that said,I'm thankful for my hubby and kids,cos this life is in stages

2 Likes

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by obowunmi(m): 4:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
when the time comes.....
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by huninaija(f): 4:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
Single life: i can go out and get back anytime i want without hearing a disgruntled voice asking me where iv been..

can wear what i like, when i like, with whom i like, i always like, got to like, in the hike, catch a bike, no man strike! wink grin

Omo this single life is sweet. tongue

Married life: prison!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Vanpee(m): 4:15pm On Mar 12, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]wat a thread.... I am enjoying my marriage but I miss sometins. I miss my going out on weekends, drink n groove wit friends n may end up sleeping in a friend's house dat lives closer 2 d particular joint. I miss Karokee nites on fridays n sum it up wit clubbings. I miss watching football matches in public areas wia we can argue n shout on top of our heads while smokers fill d entire place wit cigar. I miss calling anybody I want at any time. I miss travelling witout taking permission. I miss spending witout any ....... I miss wearing wateva I like 2 functions. I miss sleeping straight from nite till morning witout baby requestin 4 one tin or d oda wit cries. I miss many tins but I hav the sweetest marriage ever...
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 12, 2013
Not planning on getting hitched for a very very long time. I mean I'm 18, for fhuck's sake! There's nothing you can get in an early marriage that you can't get if you wait.

Not that I'm a marriage advocate, au contraire, I believe marriage (in whatever form it comes), is UTTER RUBBISH!!

1 Like

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Tinablack: 4:17pm On Mar 12, 2013
huni_naija: Single life: i can go out and get back anytime i want without hearing a disgruntled voice asking me where iv been..

can wear what i like, when i like, with whom i like, i always like, got to like, in the hike, catch a bike, no man strike! wink grin

Omo this single life is sweet. tongue

Married life: prison!

Omoh! U yarn tru. Single life can sabi 2 sweet ooo! My marid big sis envied me ystaday. Was like, kia I miss single life ooo! U dae enjoi! Lolsss!

Wish it it culd b like ds, bt hell NO 1 gats marry nu. Bt I still gt 2 relish ds single life while it last. Lolss.
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by niyoni: 4:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
Hmmm....d ladies are here now n we can hear dem loud n clear. Pls 4giv me 4 sounding naughty, but I havn't heard any1 say they miss their ex.....
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Aussie(m): 4:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
As a single, carry more than one babe, drink and smoke. Risk your life as there were not dependents. But no more, being married. Gentleness and meekness has set in. You think of wife and lovely kids at home before taking anu action or decision.

1 Like

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by k4kenny(f): 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
Interesting that this thread is coming up today. Last night, I went to bed at 10.30 pm only to b awaken by my baby at 12.30am, she didn't go bak to sleep till 8.30 am. In my sleepless state, I had to bathe and prep her older bro for sch, pack 2 meals, tidy up d mess he made in my living room, bathe and feed d cranky baby before finally crashing into a 5hr sleep grin

Do I sometimes miss my single life of being responsible for no one but M̶̲̅ε̲̣? Yes

Would I trade my current life for anything in this world? HELL NO!!!

@ topic. Things I missed as a single lady:

Freedom to sleep and wake at anytime I like. Before babies, if am awake at 2.30 am it must be cos am watchin a good movie.

Not having to worry about bills and other expenses. Mum and dad always took care of dat grin. Now any plumbing, electrical issues r my palava.

Not really an outgoing person so I can't exactly say I miss paintin d town red grin, but I sure miss d ability to hang out wit my gals anytime I like.

That being said, I love my currently life; never a dull moment with those kids cheesy

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beware Of This Fraudster; Squillaci/Lovenkreaand/Evangkatsoulis / Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? / 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.