Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,330 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:36 PM

Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? (5467 Views)

Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? / No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg / Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by julimax(m): 8:18am On Mar 10, 2013
I discussed this with my father about six years ago, of the possibility of Nigeria enjoying constant power supply. He passed on in 2007 and he didn't see constant light in his time. Now i think of the possibility of discussing this with my son. Do you think our generation will witness Nigeria of 24hr power supply?

1 Like

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by dotcomnamename: 10:52am On Mar 10, 2013
First to comment today.. I don win lotto shocked
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 10, 2013
Maybe. But u see, its getting worse day after day. Now, we need a revolution in every sector of the economy. The function of the electricity sector is affecting the productivity of others. Unemployment, etc, crime rate is so high. We are in a corrupt nation. We are ruled by corruption. Until a revolution (bloody or bloodless) I'm sorry, dis generation might not enjoy constant supply of power

3 Likes

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by saintneo(m): 10:54am On Mar 10, 2013
Good question

It is possible within the next 20years, if and only if we are part of the development.

TTC
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 10, 2013
It depends on us.
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by yinchar(m): 10:59am On Mar 10, 2013
To say the fact I really think its a doubt for this to happen in our generation...it can be stable but surely not constant...due to many factors...perhaps upcoming generation will enjoy it by the time our generation mount the temple of leadership because we know the importance of constant power supply than all this old cargos that were born in the 1950's

1 Like

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 10, 2013
It is possible.

Well, it is left for we the next generation to do better.

One thing that helps us against the cabal is the internet. 90% of our leaders cant use the internet and many have never even given a speech about the potential of internet in changing the future of Nigeria. The Nigerians in diaspora should also come back to help.

There is also solar energy, one of my friend's sacrificed thousands of pounds to run his business off solar energy in Nigeria. Technology is changing.

However, the first step will always be to stop the corrupt cabal. Corruption is our biggest problem.

there is hope......................

3 Likes

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by ideee03(f): 10:59am On Mar 10, 2013
Google search.
Will our generation ever witness constant power supply?...searching...
No result found my dear.

4 Likes

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 10, 2013
Can a country survive in corruption? Nope. Can we have constant power supply in corruption? Nope. May be we all should increase our tithe to 20 percent of our income; generate more private jets to our 'men' then may be, they would be more spiritually powerful enough to pray for constant electricity in the country, since we are all too religious.

12 Likes

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by 190: 11:11am On Mar 10, 2013
In which countree

I hope u ent talking bout nigeria
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 10, 2013
tpacalipse: Can a country survive in corruption? Nope. Can we have constant power supply in corruption? Nope. May be we all should increase our tithe to 20 percent of our income; generate more private jets to our 'men' then may be, they would be more spiritually powerful enough to pray for constant electricity in the country, since we are all too religious.

African comment of the year award goes to you!!!
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by mikolo80: 11:16am On Mar 10, 2013
YES, USING SOLAR AND DISREGARDING GOVT STORY STORY
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by thelastPope(m): 11:20am On Mar 10, 2013
Many parts of Nigeria are already enjoying constant power supply so I don't know what you are talking about.

The new DISCOs are about to take over the facilities. In 3 to 4 months, power will be fully run by the private sector. Tthe total generation expected by the and of the year is between 8000 to 10000MW. The Mambilla hydroeletric plant which should be ready by end of 2014 will produce 10000MW. That is at least 20000MW by end of 2014! So I don't know what you are talking about.

All the transmission projects will be completed this year. Several have already being commisioned already like the Benin-Onitsha N1 line. I am enjoying close to 16 hours power daily up from like 4 hours in 2 days last year. Some of you should try and follow the news and see what is going on before you post on NL. As I am typing now, power has been mostly on since yesterday. It was interupted for about 5 hours yesterday afternoon and 2 hours at night.

From current projection, we should have constant power for most of the country by 2015/2016. This is putting into consideration a lot of infrastructural overhaul that the new companies will need to do nationwide.

5 Likes

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Boss13: 11:27am On Mar 10, 2013
As I am typing this I am currently running on Generator and it has been running since yesterday afternoon. I don't know what happened to the power supply, but I must confess power supply these day is better than 5 years ago. I still have hope that one day we will all celebrate 100days to constant power supply. I even made a promise to my friends that once the power structure has been commissioned, I am celebrating with a 4 bottles of Moet & Chandon.

We will get there I believe so.

1 Like

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 10, 2013
thelastPope: Many parts of Nigeria are already enjoying constant power supply so I don't know what you are talking about.

The new DISCOs are about to take over the facilities. In 3 to 4 months, power will be fully run by the private sector. Tthe total generation expected by the and of the year is between 8000 to 10000MW. The Mambilla hydroeletric plant which should be ready by end of 2014 will produce 10000MW. That is at least 20000MW by end of 2014! So I don't know what you are talking about.

All the transmission projects will be completed this year. Several have already being commisioned already like the Benin-Onitsha N1 line. I am enjoying close to 16 hours power daily up from like 4 hours in 2 days last year. Some of you should try and follow the news and see what is going on before you post on NL. As I am typing now, power has been mostly on since yesterday. It was interupted for about 5 hours yesterday afternoon and 2 hours at night.

From current projection, we should have constant power for most of the country by 2015/2016. This is putting into consideration a lot of infrastructural overhaul that the new companies will need to do nationwide.
Apparently, the guy is scared as he might not live to witness the transformation tongue

2 Likes

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by blackmale(m): 11:34am On Mar 10, 2013
it contribuetd to wht made me leave naija 10 years ago..most problems and corruption in nigeria might be for long in this our generation..
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 10, 2013
thelastPope: Many parts of Nigeria are already enjoying constant power supply so I don't know what you are talking about.

Lying politician

when did 16 hours of light equal 24? ----Especially when you dont even know the exact time when those 16 will come

5 Likes

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by otokx(m): 11:44am On Mar 10, 2013
The last time he saw NEPA light was 9pm the previous day.

1 Like

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by blackbeau1(f): 11:52am On Mar 10, 2013
A big Emphatic NO
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Reptyle(m): 11:54am On Mar 10, 2013
We are still expecting some of the "magawatts" been freely distributed here on Nairaland to be shared to us in Satellite Town, Ojo, Lagos. sad

1 Like

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by ladeski: 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2013
Good but impossible question to answer based on the following IFs.

1. If the political will be consistent when the 'actors of the Nigerian space start to act up'

2. If the gas flaring will reduce to a bare minimum and be enough to generate the electricity required

3. If the TCN currently managed by manitoba of canada will be allowed to do their job without maximum inference or hostile pressure

4. If the winners of the DISCOs will be able to raise the required capital to buy the assets. Its one thing to win a bid, another thing to raise 135 million USD (eg price of Ibadan DISCO)

5.If the technical foreign partners do not pull out at a critical phase of the transformation due to lack of fulfilled promises

6. If the current PHCN workers, unions et al are not adequately compensated and assured that their jobs will be safe (within reason).

There are many more IFs as this isn't an exhaustive list. The truth is we probably required up to 50,000 MW of electricty generated and distributed to have a semblance of what stable power looks like. A huge amount of capital has to be invested throughout the value chain of the power spectrum.

No investor wants to lose money

God save Nigeria.
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by sidvinci(m): 12:15pm On Mar 10, 2013

Try again next generation..........your medicine didn't sell. Were u promise councillor seat to write that thing you wrote up there
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by deletrue: 12:22pm On Mar 10, 2013

Bros. I think those who sees nothing working should continue to remained in that state of mind. Just attending a marriage ceremony yesterday in a village with power till now. Will leave about 2pm. When i asked them their miter They responded by saying we will buy shortly.
For those who always see things in bad light should remain the way they are and sleep with that confused mind day in and out. Na only high BP go finish up those people.

1 Like

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by ubong560(m): 12:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ask Aso Rock Googles. They see beyond human eyes. Besides, what do we need constant light for?
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by eduson33(m): 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
We have all it takes to make it happen but who will is the question.
why cant our leaders emulate good things?if they cant do it the other way round,they should seek advice from these countries that have done it.
UAE uses fuel for their power system,yet you cannever see a sec without light..

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Lakayana: 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
They will if they can afford solar energy, with huge batteries and stand by maikano generator.
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by UnknownMember: 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2013
If someone had asked in 1999 if I would be alive to ever see Nigerians being able to:

1. Own mobile phones

2. Be able to access the Internet from the comfort of my Bed,

I would have said never... Today, I own 3 mobile phones, all complete with Internet access and even video calling capabilities.

I believe that by 2015, power situation in Nigeria would hit a minimum of 20 hrs per day.

2 Likes

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2013
@OP, Conduct the following ritual: Open your hands, both hands; Look closely into your palm, hands, and...blink; Your destiny is in your hands. Go and buy a solar backup power system, it can supply you electricity 247 at a cost cheaper than buying and running a generator for a year. In as much as the Federal Government has put up a near-perfect road map, there is a possibility that the mafia in the Diesel business, that also own major stakes in the Gencos and Discos could try to amputate the political glories of the present government due to a dysfunctional judiciary. Your hands, your destinies, Sun is nature's answer to darkness, go for the power of the sun.

2 Likes

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by YoungGame: 12:41pm On Mar 10, 2013
ubong560: Ask Aso Rock Googles. They see beyond human eyes. Besides, what do we need constant light for?
We need constant light to get rid of witches and wizards like you! Na people like you no want make steady light dey naija so that una go fit dey fly go covun for night. angry

Like if you think this guy is a wizard!

6 Likes

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by ladeski: 12:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
Unknown Member: If someone had asked in 1999 if I would be alive to ever see Nigerians being able to:

1. Own mobile phones

2. Be able to access the Internet from the comfort of my Bed,

I would have said never... Today, I own 3 mobile phones, all complete with Internet access and even video calling capabilities.

I believe that by 2015, power situation in Nigeria would hit a minimum of 20 hrs per day.
apples and oranges. Completely different species. The complexities of power is greater than all of our industries combined. Even the success story you mention 'GSM' is over priced. Why?

Due to the same lack of power. Telcos have to spend huge amounts on generators to keep their equipment running 24/7.

So those 3 phones you have would be a lot cheaper if we had stable power.

5 Likes

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by skyfall: 1:00pm On Mar 10, 2013

Were waiting, but this is the same bvllshit Obasanjo told us for 8 yrs.

@OP,

I think we can have power if we're able to get rid of PDP and elect serious-minded & capable leaders.

1 Like

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by jmoore(m): 1:01pm On Mar 10, 2013
urine powered generator for constant power in your house.

On a larger scale in 10 years with the right government we can generate up to 100,000 megawatts from more hydrostations, thermal, etc...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Lies Can Stop Now! "Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government" - Shagari / Iroyin Ayo Ni Daora. / Updates From Taraba State's Re-run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.