Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees (26026 Views)

Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship / Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun Governors Meeting / Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun South/South-South/East Gov Forum Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Soso990240(m): 3:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

Abraham Lincoln lost how many times?
unles u go change im name 2 buhari LINCOLN...mchwwwww

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by ril19(m): 3:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
Obinoscopy: Ribadu for president
Fashola for vice
Ngige for senate president
Oshiomhole for speaker
The deputy senate president and deputy speaker should come from the other geopolitical zones

This is the winning formular for APC, I hope they'll take my advice.

evidently, you know nothing!

3 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by manny4life(m): 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
Times have changed - there's no way people will not vote along religious and ethnic lines.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by nduchucks: 3:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
One of these will come to pass in 2015:

(1)GEJ gets another term

(2)A Northerner becomes the President of the great country of Nigeria

No need to waste time debating impossibilities.

Policewoman, kedu, nwanyi maramma.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by jjctonl: 3:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
PointB: My candid advice to APC: Pick Rochas as your presidential candidate and pair him with a muslim from the North. Pitch it as strategy to re-unite the country. 8 years later power can go back to the North

Any other permutation hands power back to the incumbent.

Anyone that follows Nigerian politics very well will know that even if you present two Igbo people as both the President and Vice President in any other party apart from a ruling party, they will still not win election in the South East. The Igbos don't and will never play politics of opposition. They will always support whoever is in power. They can't afford to be in opposition. Unfortunately, this unconscious political leaning, has never worked for them. That is the reason, they tend to lose out in any political calculation.

2 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by manny4life(m): 3:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
ndu_chucks: One of these will come to pass in 2015:

(1)GEJ gets another term

(2)A Northerner becomes the President of the great country of Nigeria

No need to waste time debating impossibilities.

Policewoman, kedu, nwanyi maramma.

No 1 is the most likely idea grin grin

2 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 10, 2013
oche_ejemb: Also why do people clamour for a President from thier region, has any regioned gained substansively from the nation being ruled by thier son. Is Bayelsa now London or Carlifronia? Did Katsina and Kano and Borno and Niger or that region in general benefit from the years of Babangida and Abacha and Yaradua? Or did Ogun state benefit from 8 years of Obasanjo?
Sensible! Sensible! In actual fact I contested election twice under d party & dare say that even I & one of the daughters were in the same class in the early 80s. But did it personally benefitted me that he was the president? No! Let's outgrow tribal sentiments and get the right man to do the job!
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by TheBookWorm: 3:35pm On Mar 10, 2013
Why is Buhari's name continue to circulate that he will be the Presidential nominee? Is it not time for a new generation of leaders to rise up? Buhari should simply retire and give other people a chance.

Fashola represents the next generation of leaders along with Oshiomhole and Okorocha.

In my opinion, Fashola is the only leader within APC who is capable of being a successful Presidential nominee.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by eforce: 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
dayokanu:

Last election Buhari picked 13 states.

Buhari alone without incumbency and money already guarantees 13 states No single individual in Nigeria has that appeal. All he need is 6 more states

Even if Jonathan wins all the SS 6 states, SE 5 states total 11 states he cant win election and

Buhari has NW 7 states, NE 6 states thats 13 states already.

Middle Belt which states would go to Jonathan? Definitely not Niger States. And I think Buhari is very strong in states like Nasarawa, can do better in Kogi and Kwara

Assuming for the sake of argument Jonathan wins All SE, SS and 5 states in middle belt he would still Lose.

Buhari just need those 6 SW states to get to 19 states that is needed

You all seem to be forgeting that election in Nigeria is not yet free and fair,did you see the number of people that protested that the senate should release money to patience jonathan to build her peace mission house. Do you know the amount of money that would be dished out to nollywood and all the states to ensure pdp returns. And we all know nigerians the grassroots and the politicans would sell their votes anyday. The middle class that does all the analysis don't even vote.

3 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
peleson: This shows that it all boils down to returning power to the north for keeps.they are looking for collaborators from the south to hire. Old school approach. Naija is wiser now.
Christian North can't vote for any muslim from the north, the Middle belt has pitched there tent with the SS/SE n the SW know that they v to follow the north but on the last minute. Though okorocha is loved,this is different on the matter of presidency.. He is on his own even his wife n inlaws won't vote for him. Am certain , Ogun, Ondo, Lagos will deliver for Southern presidency. While apc will struggle for osun, ekiti. Oyo is most likely going for south.
In the north, GEJ has parleys even those in his cabinet n people that matter. So looking at the statistics, the Power of incumbency will preveil.abi people from chad n niger n mali n northern cameron go fit enter naija vote again? NO !! When we dey check our borders.
The south is more populated than the north FACT!
The britsh man that carried out the census has confessed doubling north population to punish the South for asking them to leave.
The christian North has vowed to work with the South to STOP the muslim north. Hence power remains in Down South!

Well Said. Lots of people are already angry with Rochas for pitching his tenth with buhari. Rochas is sure to lose votes from SE

2 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by mmmustapha(m): 3:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
peleson: This shows that it all boils down to returning power to the north for keeps.they are looking for collaborators from the south to hire. Old school approach. Naija is wiser now.
Christian North can't vote for any muslim from the north, the Middle belt has pitched there tent with the SS/SE n the SW know that they v to follow the north but on the last minute. Though okorocha is loved,this is different on the matter of presidency.. He is on his own even his wife n inlaws won't vote for him. Am certain , Ogun, Ondo, Lagos will deliver for Southern presidency. While apc will struggle for osun, ekiti. Oyo is most likely going for south.
In the north, GEJ has parleys even those in his cabinet n people that matter. So looking at the statistics, the Power of incumbency will preveil.abi people from chad n niger n mali n northern cameron go fit enter naija vote again? NO !! When we dey check our borders.
The south is more populated than the north FACT!
The britsh man that carried out the census has confessed doubling north population to punish the South for asking them to leave.
The christian North has vowed to work with the South to STOP the muslim north. Hence power remains in Down South!
there's no way nigeria will move forward with animals like
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by SamIkenna: 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2013
Whoever wins in 2015 is, perhaps, inconsequential. I believe what should worry folks who think they own Nigeria is whether the votes 'll be along ethnic or regional lines. If it is, then its either GEJ goes back or its bye bye to Nigeria. The heat, sabotage, incitement, hate, religious violence, and political brinkmanship that'll ensue could unravel the myth of One Nation. Nigeria of yesterday is over. The one we have now is more cracked than it's ever been before. And I suppose those who love it with all their might should equally do their all to avoid this impending manifestation of our agelong faultline.

I remember reading Macbeth in high school and always pondering on the relationship between prediction and fulfillment. If my memory serves me right, Macbeth, in the book, was told by the 3 weird sisters that he would be king thereafter and, right or wrong, he eventually became king. One could argue that if he hadn't heard the 3 weird sisters, maybe, just maybe, he wouldn't have rammed things in a flash like he did, maybe natural justice would've rewarded him with the throne. Why is this story important - Ok, let me land it. Its important when you look at the prediction that Nigeria may not survive 2015. Prediction can set an action rolling if the "actioners" are, overtly or covertly, seeking for the same outcome for which the "predictioner" has predicted. Whoever wants to keep Nigeria alive post 2015 must make sure 2015 election is not a sectional one that has GEJ on the losing side.

Umunna, chukwu gozie unu.

2 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2013
manny4life:

Your comment above is speaks volume about you. It's ok to grant a nod to Oshimole and Fashola but when it comes down to Imo, you ask "what has he done"? Some governors are not like that of others where they trumpet everything they do. Lagos and Imo have their different complexities, so for you to say he needs to first bring out IMO from ashes is not ONLY insulting but very demeaning and undermines the work (even if meager) that he has done.

You will do well to explain this in bold, who's been threatening blackmailing who?

Cool down. The guy has never been in Imo State before.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by farem: 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Lmao at this clown. And what experience does fashola have to be the vice president of this country. Anyhow you see APC is a failure on arrival. A Muslim/Muslim ticket in this country will only work when all Nigerians gets drunk on election day and The CPC and ACN camps are Muslims. sorry.
[color=#990000]
Boring contribution
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by davesndy: 3:48pm On Mar 10, 2013
dayokanu: Buhari-Fashola is the winning ticket

The SW doesnt care about religion

Christian in the SW voted en masse for MKO Abiola a Moslem on a Moslem- Moslem ticket

Make retardeen dey clean him house

Buhari wins 13 Northern states he won in 2011, Fashola wins 6 SW states

Total 19 states out of 36 Winner.

Let the 98% votes do their thing.

19 states out of 36 states is a winner anyday
Lie! Don't use 1993 to judge d present situation. That time, churches were not being bombed and christians beheaded. As we speak, no nothern christian will vote Buhari after what happened in 2011 and his failure to condemn the act. For you to say a muslim-muslim ticket would win, u have to be high on somtin. I dnt like Jonathan, but if u have any sense in dat box u call ur head, den have a little respect for ur president. I bet ur dad wnt do any better! Fool!
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by manny4life(m): 3:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
gboss4sure:

Cool down. The guy has never been in Imo State before.

Bros, I dey cool... I just don't appreciate it when people open their mouth and discredit others on the table of bias. Though I don't know much about IMO, I do know Rochas has given free education to Imolites, he's been laying ground for investment in his state. This is how much I know, I bet if you ask others, they can say for sure what he has done. Anyway, it's all good.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by nduchucks: 3:51pm On Mar 10, 2013
Sam_Ikenna: Whoever wins in 2015 is, perhaps, inconsequential. I believe what should worry folks who think they own Nigeria is whether the votes 'll be along ethnic or regional lines. If it is, then its either GEJ goes back or its bye bye to Nigeria. The heat, sabotage, incitement, hate, religious violence, and political brinkmanship that'll ensue could unravel the myth of One Nation. Nigeria of yesterday is over. The one we have now is more cracked than it's ever been before. And I suppose those who love it with all their might should equally do their all to avoid this impending manifestation of our agelong faultline.

I remember reading Macbeth in high school and always pondering on the relationship between prediction and fulfillment. If my memory serves me right, Macbeth, in the book, was told by the 3 weird sisters that he would be king thereafter and, right or wrong, he eventually became king. One could argue that if he hadn't heard the 3 weird sisters, maybe, just maybe, he wouldn't have rammed things in a flash like he did, maybe natural justice would've rewarded him with the throne. Why is this story important - Ok, let me land it. Its important when you look at the prediction that Nigeria may not survive 2015. Prediction can set an action rolling if the "actioners" are, overtly or covertly, seeking for the same outcome for which the "predictioner" has predicted. Whoever wants to keep Nigeria alive post 2015 must make sure 2015 election is not a sectional one that has GEJ on the losing side.

Umunna, chukwu gozie unu.

Your doomsday scenario and latent wish for the demise of our great country will, Insha Allah, never come to pass. Nigeria will move forward with or without the support of pessimists. If GEJ loses the election, that is if he is actually contests, nothing will happen. There will be noise from some disgruntles and jobless youths from SS and that will be that.

I predict that drones would have been made available to Nigeria by then - the kind that can penetrate deep into the strongholds of terrorist groups deep in the North and the creeks of the South.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Symphony007: 3:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
So the APC expect people to accept them as an alternative to the PDP when they're exhibiting an advanced type of corruption? "Picking" the presidential candidate based on region, not substance or vision for the country, so i guess there will be no primaries, or will it be only open to northern candidates? Is this the democratic opposition that will save nigeria? A party of godfathers who has already started picking presidential candidates two years before an election without any democratic primary process whatsoever!! Pathetic and utterly disgusting!!

4 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 3:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
omonnakoda:

Believe me if I start exchanging abuse with you the thread will derail and we would both get banned. You do not have a monopoly on unruliness or madness.That is how other Nigerians feel about you.Take it as constructive feedback.If you like you adjust or persist and see whether you will achieve a different result. Already you are boasting again "Akunyuli Obi blablabla".
Angry defiance will not change anything .Your countrymen do not like you rather than do some serious soul searching you tell yourselves they are jealous of you because(You are so great). Bottomlime Nigeria is 36 states and you need 24 to be President . I suggest you fetch a map of Nigeria and list the 24 states that an Ibo man can possibly win ,that is what strategy is all about.
You run out of ideas and start spitting "fool" etc. I have not abused you and do not see what gives you the righ to abuse me so take it easy.
i think it will be my sunday delight to give you all the abuses you ask for. POINT1: Never abuse a people collectively. I think your people are the pests of this country and nobody ever mentions that to you at slightest given opportunity. The jealousy factor is real. You guys are always green with envy when ever you think of the array of stars we parade. The only thing your people thrive on is dirty politics. Having few technocrats. Even the technocrats are mostly half baked or must have paid tuition with counterfeit. Read the presidents address in borno on how a PROFFESSOR was advising your people to avoid the POLIO VACCINE.
ADVICE: Attack people individually as they merit.
The next time you mention "AKUNYILI OBI BLABLABLA" again, AMADIOHA will twist your brain in a blablabla way so that you run the road naked, singing blablabla tunes.

Mind your peoples business. LEAVE US TO LIVE OUR SELF-MADE MILLIONAIRE LIVES

2 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by slyk2(m): 4:02pm On Mar 10, 2013
From all indications, APC have not concluded its calculations.
I pray they will not be dead on arrival as PDP predicted.
They must watch this north-muslim stuff closely.
Should their hidden agenda be to return power to the north, long live GEJ and PDP!
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
APC or CHLOROQUIN whatever their name is, whatever their name will be, should stop promoting Regional & Tribal Politics. This country should be governed by the best brains, the best technocrats. I feel embarrassed to still read on this forum about North South Presidency and Vice Presidency in 21st Century. I am ashamed of the political class within the APC! APC you are a disgrace.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by onuwaje(m): 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
angryWhy's it that the southerners are always used as second choice?? These 3men have what it takes to rule the country... I hope the northerner they choose will be better and I hope it won't be buhari
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by jude33084(m): 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
why vp? angry

This will be their down fall angry

Buhari should relax and use somebody with good name wink
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by franchizy(m): 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
PDP will won in Tarti two or Tarti Tiri states and APC wil won in in pour or Tiri state because of d parwer of cucumbency GEJ have.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by mach3: 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Lmao at this clown. And what experience does fashola have to be the vice president of this country. Anyhow you see APC is a failure on arrival. A Muslim/Muslim ticket in this country will only work when all Nigerians gets drunk on election day and The CPC and ACN camps are Muslims. sorry.

Very insightful. i remember how drunk we all were on June 12 '93 with the Abiola/Tofa combo. In my opinion we shd look beyond religion and ask ourselves some home truths.......is he delivering? if yes, by all means re-elect him. If not chuck him and lets find someone who would deliver. The muslim or xtian choppin your resources doesnt send u o! lets think my brothers, lets think!
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Obinoscopy(m): 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2013
ril19:

evidently, you know nothing!
So what do you know, Mr-know-it-all, pls do tell...grin? I shake my head at ur ignorance
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by ZUBY77(m): 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2013
omonnakoda: Whether Soludo or Solar power as long as is Ibo fogerrit. You know this we know this, why mislead people. Even if Only Ibo vote in the election it will not happen. By the way I thought Soludo was at Kuje

The same way you people thought Igbo will never become Police IG, Army COS etc. The same way you hedoits believe no minority like Ijaw will ever become anything. Look at what is happening now.

Jonathan is going for another 4 years which will make hime rule for 10 years. Since the return of democracy, how many years have the North ruled?
Less than three miserable years spent on fighting Niger Delta militants.
We are waiting for you down here in the Southern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by GentleNaaz(m): 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2013
omonnakoda:
It is already settled that we will never have Ibo president so let us talk another thing and stop heating the polity
so na ur papa settle am abi? U r a complete fo.olfull fo.ol . I wish i cn gt u now, i wil squuueeeezzzzeee... U
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 10, 2013
[/quote]Buhari-Fashola is the winning ticket

Christian in the SW voted en masse for MKO Abiola a Moslem on a Moslem- Moslem ticket

19 states out of 36 states is a winner anyday [quote]

Dayo I used to think even though you might be tribalistic still possessed some bit of intelligence.What trash did u just spill here?

Are elections won on states or by total votes cast? A candidate can still win in majority of the states and yet loose the elections.Besides like I told you before stop including lagos in list of states the APC is going to win.Lagos is far too cosmopolitan and has very high concentration of non-indines.The people of SS/SE/MB in lagos will not vote in APC.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by maskid(m): 4:10pm On Mar 10, 2013
franchizy: PDP will won in Tarti two or Tarti Tiri states and APC wil won in in pour or Tiri state because of d parwer of cucumbency GEJ have.

lol..
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 4:12pm On Mar 10, 2013
chukwudi44:

Dayo I used to think even though you might be tribalistic still possessed some bit of intelligence.What trash did u just spill here?

Are elections won on states or by total votes cast? A candidate can still win in majority of the states and yet loose the elections.Besides like I told you before stop including lagos in list of states the APC is going to win.Lagos is far too cosmopolitan and has very high concentration of non-indines.The people of SS/SE/MB in lagos will not vote in APC.

Lagos is the most ACN state in Nigeria thats the only state in the SW that has never been ruled by PDP even for a day and one of the few in Nigeria

Lagos has always been in the hands of the opposition

Based on total votes cast

North West and South West are the most populous regions in Nigeria according to the census and these regions are in the hands of the opposition

2 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by manny4life(m): 4:14pm On Mar 10, 2013
chukwudi44: Buhari-Fashola is the winning ticket

19 states out of 36 states is a winner anyday

Are elections won on states or by total votes cast? A candidate can still win in majority of the states and yet loose the elections.Besides like I told you before stop including lagos in list of states the APC is going to win.Lagos is far too cosmopolitan and has very high concentration of non-indines.The people of SS/SE/MB in lagos will not vote in APC

The guy confused me, I thought Nigeria was into U.S. type election,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students / Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns / Muhammad-Bande Hands Over To Volkan Bozkir As UN General Assembly President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.