Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:42 AM

Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags (11650 Views)

Man Caught Stealing From Church Offering In Lagos / How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by Sicozone(m): 9:44am On Mar 10, 2013
Being privileged to count the offering paid by an average church.....I discovered the most common currency note is #20.....how true?...your view and opinion pls...
Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 10, 2013
The most common denomination is N20 note. For tithe it is N1000 note while for welfare(for the poor) it is N5 or nothing cos d church doesnt emphasize on it.what a shame or scam

1 Like

Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by usomine007(m): 10:52am On Mar 10, 2013
NA 20Naira O!!!
Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by ajayi147(m): 10:53am On Mar 10, 2013
Ok
Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by mercato: 10:54am On Mar 10, 2013
Na 20Naira
Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by jagabanban: 10:56am On Mar 10, 2013
Sicozone: Being privileged to count the offering paid by an average church.....I discovered the most common currency note is #20.....how true?...your view and opinion pls...

This title is quite misleading. When I first saw it, I expected to see currecies including Naira, US Dollars, Pounds etc in the write up. You are actually refering to the most common denomination of the Naira currency. Well, from what I Know in the chucrh weher I worship, the most commin is the N50 denomination, followed by N20.

In a way, you may be right.

7 Likes

Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by omotola1(m): 10:59am On Mar 10, 2013
Segeggs: The most common denomination is N20 note. For tithe it is N1000 note while for welfare(for the poor) it is N5 or nothing cos d church doesnt emphasize on it.what a shame or scam
Pls na which one be scam again for this matter?

4 Likes

Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by pareto(m): 11:00am On Mar 10, 2013
The truth is that no matter how stingy some people may be, they cannot drop #20 if they have more. Most are poor. They cannot drop more cos they do not know how to get the next meal.
Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 10, 2013
20naira but i think people give based on what they have. In bigger churches or those with giving mentality does more.
Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by Goldenheart(m): 11:08am On Mar 10, 2013
whatever anybody drops is none of ur Bizzz..... God ve Mercy on you.

11 Likes

Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 10, 2013
sammy-young:
sad sad And how does dis affect the increasing number of pastors buying private jets

Because the same #20 collected from the congregation is used to buy and maintain those private jets.
Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 10, 2013
I think the correct word is 'denomination' not 'currency' undecided

2 Likes

Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by evatee(m): 11:22am On Mar 10, 2013
Sicozone: Being privileged to count the offering paid by an average church.....I discovered the most common currency note is #20.....how true?...your view and opinion pls...
What church do you attend?
Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by simmydebadest(m): 11:26am On Mar 10, 2013
U c ur life?

1 Like

Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by mkpologwu(m): 11:30am On Mar 10, 2013
Legit1: I think the correct word is 'denomination' not 'currency' undecided
Legit1: I think the correct word is 'denomination' not 'currency' undecided

Moreover offerings are made or given, not paid!

2 Likes

Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by otokx(m): 11:37am On Mar 10, 2013
subscribing
Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by Mrsprof(f): 11:37am On Mar 10, 2013
God is blessing you in thousands and millions and ur giving Him peanut...hmmm...God can not be mocked!

2 Likes

Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 10, 2013
Mrsprof: God is blessing you in thousands and millions and ur giving Him peanut...hmmm...God can not be mocked!

Well we all are seeing the dividend of god's peanut in his pastors who fly in jets;ride in covoy of latest SUVs while the poor congregation are living in abject poverty.

Stop creating the impression of a bias god in your mind !

2 Likes

Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by Woke4all(m): 11:48am On Mar 10, 2013
It really depends on the type Church and the swag/sweetmouth of the pastor in charge
Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by blackbeau1(f): 11:52am On Mar 10, 2013
20 naira.though it also depends on the caliber of people attending the church and the pastor's ability to sweet talk his congregation into giving large sums
Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by donwilz(m): 11:52am On Mar 10, 2013
pareto: The truth is that no matter how stingy some people may be, they cannot drop #20 if they have more. Most are poor. They cannot drop more cos they do not know how to get the next meal.
I think that this poverty thingy about Nigeria is overly sensationalized ... Even in my village, most people i know eat 3 square meals daily... What N20 can fetch you, it's equivalent in $ can never do so.. likewise a ton of other developed nations.. My opinions tho...

3 Likes

Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by ZACHIE: 11:55am On Mar 10, 2013
POS machines are the in-thing
Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by Mrsprof(f): 11:58am On Mar 10, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Well we all are seeing the dividend of god's peanut in his pastors who fly in jets;ride in covoy of latest SUVs while the poor congregation are living in abject poverty.

Stop creating the impression of a bias god in your mind !
u

My dear,I think we should let God be the judge of that.
Am not saying any denomination is too small to give but give base on ur capacity...
Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 10, 2013
Why is this a topic of discussion and on the front page too. Does it mean that there is no reasonable stories on NL. SMH 4 d Mod.
Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by ubong560(m): 12:17pm On Mar 10, 2013
Damn!!! 20Naira? How com pastors are owning private jet then? How many 20Naira can buy a private jet?

Meanwhile, una no dey go church?

No vex o!
Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by temitemi1(m): 12:17pm On Mar 10, 2013
Mrsprof: God is blessing you in thousands and millions and ur giving Him peanut...hmmm...God can not be mocked!
God does nt spend money!!!
Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by Sicozone(m): 12:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
eva_tee:
What church do you attend?
That's not a business of yours,i only asked for ur opinion.....thanks
Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by coldgate(f): 12:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
N200
Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
it amazed me of how came here to post about this issue, i wonder how u are even given dat privilege. U ar call to do the little see nw how you have exposed it, how can u b given a greater one. If u ar given counselling u would be sounding it on d house top. Bro b careful.

1 Like

Re: Common Denomination In Church Offering Bags by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
it amazed me of how u came here to post about this issue, i wonder how u are even given dat privilege. U ar call to do the little see nw how you have exposed it, how can u b given a greater one. If u ar given counselling u would be sounding it on d house top. Bro b careful.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Copy And Paste Not A Sin - Rev. Uche Ume (Video) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) / Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.