Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,856 members, 7,806,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Must You Really Start Your Own Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Must You Really Start Your Own Business? (857 Views)

How To Start Your Own Small Cosmetic Retailing Business In Nigeria / The Era Of Job Search Is Over- Easy Way To Start Your Own Business / Start Your Profitable Internet Business Without Commiting A Dime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must You Really Start Your Own Business? by ppanther(m): 11:16am On Mar 10, 2013
Considering the risks involved in owning a business,
is this option a must for everyone?

In view of the rising unemployment, it seems easy to
suggest to people to avoid the labour market
and just "start your own business".

How feasible is this option?

Let's discuss this.
Re: Must You Really Start Your Own Business? by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 10, 2013
ppanther: Considering the risks involved in owning a business,

Let's discuss this.
starting a business isn't for lazy people like you. There's nothing to discuss. People who really want to simply start and solve their challenges one day at a time.
Re: Must You Really Start Your Own Business? by ppanther(m): 11:47am On Mar 10, 2013
Although some people know exactly what they want and go
for it, most people don't even know what they want, not to
talk of knowing how to get it. (This could explain why there are
so many seminars and ebooks)

Let's discuss the feasibility of starting one's own business.

Perhaps this discussion could help someone decide one way
or the other on the right choice to make.
Re: Must You Really Start Your Own Business? by citypulseng(m): 4:13pm On Mar 10, 2013
I am laughing at the laxity with which you talk. Aside lacking needed passion associated with intending enterpreneurs, you don't really so keen about learning the rope.

Right now as I am talking with you, I have just finished speaking with my agents in Lagos concerning my second business for the year - book publishing.

You see, enterpreneurship or starting a business is not all about sitting idle and doubting whether those encouraging u to go into business are serious at all. It is passion and action-driven, friend.

So think of what u have a bias for and get Cracking!
Citypulseng..com
Re: Must You Really Start Your Own Business? by Barcholder: 4:35pm On Mar 10, 2013
ppanther: Considering the risks involved in owning a business,

Let's discuss this.

I actually understand where you are coming from. There are many ways of making a lot of money without necessarily starting your own business. One of the best ways is to become a sales agent to sell a company's products. This way, you get to retain your independence and control over your destiny, whilst also being able to determine your own earning potential.

We are currently recruiting for Independent Sales Agents to sell our Solar Power Systems into the Lagos residential market. We have negotiated a consumer financing package with one of the major banks in Victoria Island, so consumers are able to purchase the systems with little or no upfront deposit.

We are paying very generous commissions of N17,500 a sale, and given the anticipated level of demand as a result of our financing package, it should be very easy to generate 10 sales a week.

Please see my other thread for full details. We are London based, and will be in Lagos conducting interviews at the end of the month
Re: Must You Really Start Your Own Business? by sholay2011(m): 4:50pm On Mar 10, 2013
blink182: starting a business isn't for lazy people like you. There's nothing to discuss. People who really want to simply start and solve their challenges one day at a time.
You are really a class A fo.ol. Don't you know the OP is right? If everyone wants to start his or her own business, I wonder who will be the workers...

That's why we have consultants and so on who don't own businesses but control tinz...
Re: Must You Really Start Your Own Business? by Dpros(f): 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
blink182: starting a business isn't for lazy people like you. There's nothing to discuss. People who really want to simply start and solve their challenges one day at a time.
My brother i dont see reasons for the attack and pointless comment. the guy just asked a question and if you dont see him as business person by his post, then you need not comment at all with all the rude remarks. lets learn to be polite and civilised in Naija.

@ panther, reponding to your question,

the risks involved in owning (any) business is inevitable, hence youve got to decide within yourself first to take the bull by the horn if you are to venture into business.

i dont think so, because if we all are to be business people, there wont be employees to do the work. and mind you, some people dont just dont have the mind and the ideas it takes to build a business. but that doesn't mean one cant try at least. though you have to be more determine that the man who just wants to try cos every one is sayin "Business is the best Option". you have to be determine to win against all odds and risk you may be faced with.

"In view of the rising unemployment, it seems easy to

The reason why a lot of people will advice you do business instead is cos BUSINESS pays better at the long run. but then you will have to put up with a lot of hard times and must fight to win. But if you dont have that tenacity to fight and win Big, your best advice would be to take the opposite. just be a good employee and keep developing your career path as much as you can to enable you get to the peak of your profession.

you must also know that the advice you give yourself is always the best(most times). so you have to be convinced within yourself of what you really want to do and where you want to be, bearing in mind what you are made of. you know yourself better than anyone and it takes only you to develop a new kind of you (the business person in you) if there's anything like that. wish you all the Best!

As For us, its Business all the way.. #SoHelpMeGod

www.dgr.com.ng thats where you can find us wink
Re: Must You Really Start Your Own Business? by tpia5: 5:00pm On Mar 10, 2013
we are constantly told about the "upside" of business (ie you are guaranteed to end up a millionaire), never about the downside. undecided
Re: Must You Really Start Your Own Business? by bigx(m): 6:11pm On Mar 10, 2013
Its not for everyone, it requires guts, delayed gratification, responsibility and far sightedness which are rare commodities,

I see people start a business and after 6 months of no sales start blaming motivational books for their woes.

Apart from that, if everyone starts a business who would work for us, the business owners?

(1) (Reply)

10 Money Making Jobs Online / Top 5 Abuja Businesses And Investment Opportunities / Forbes Africa Person Of The Year Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.