Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,597 members, 7,801,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Even Heaven Agreed - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Even Heaven Agreed (2350 Views)

The Supreme Court Of Heaven. (a Story) / Scientists Discover Hell: As Astronauts Find Heaven (paperback) / Scientists Discover Hell: As Astronauts Find Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 12:36pm On Mar 10, 2013
It all started with the mother taking in just few months after she was delivered of a baby girl. When she missed her period she was so shaken that a woman who is supposed to be growing fatter having offloaded a baby girl after four boys started looking slim and trendy.

''Mama warriors, why you dey slim na, abi oga don dey give you garri soak again after wetin doctor talk for hospital?''

Unoma asked as she came to visit her very good friend.

''No be so o, this one pass garri, na persumed hypertension dey cause am''

Mama warriors replied.

''Ah ah, for this kind age? Abeg yarn me better story make I hear''

Unoma retorted.

''See, you no go understand even if I tell you say my enemies don finally succeed''

Mama warriors was downcasted.

''Succeed for wetin, after all the prayers and fasting wey we don do? Forget that thing, our God for heaven dey alive, him still dey breath and no go let shame catch im children''

Unoma sounded positive.

''E be like say I don carry belle again ooo''

Mama said looking at her daughter who could barely sit on the ground all by herself.

''Yeeee.... Devil don succeed ooo''

Unoma shouted.

''Shhh.... You wan make all this bad belle people for this compound know wetin dey happen neh''

Mama cautioned her.

''No vex abeg, I surprise well when you tell me, how e carry happen?''

Unoma asked.

''How e dey carry happen pass e don tay wey him touch me since when I born Nadia. Him just come one night dey shake like say him swim inside river of beer, come begin touch me for places wey sweet. You know the rest na. I suppose see my blood last week but I think say e delay but now I dey very sure''

Mama concluded her story much to the bewildment of Unoma.

''How you wan carry do the pikin now?''

Unoma asked.

''Wetin you want make I do? Wait make my husband come back, then I go tell am''

Mama all but screamed.

''Abeg no vex, make I go see my children as them don come back from school''

Unoma excused herself leaving her friend to grieve alone. Her own heart being full too as she felt the pain of Mama warriors.

Having 4 boys and a girl should be a source of happiness to her but she wanted more girls to keep her company for the boys were always out of the house playing one game or the other. Mama mused and waited patiently for the return of Papa warriors to come home that night.

Night came and papa wa no where to be found but that did not deter Mama from warming and re-warming the soup over and over again. She had planned how to break the news to Papa.
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by alfablondy: 12:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
It seems this is going to be a nice story.

wetin dey happen you no go continue this one?

https://www.nairaland.com/1159947/foxy-rebirth-warriors-delta-pidgin-english/1
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 1:35pm On Mar 10, 2013
Papa walked into the spacious coumpound light footedly, making sure none knew he was back especially his children who will want to collect whatever he had brought back with him. Papa who had stopped taking alcohol after he discovered the ploy of one of his friends to poison him. He was lucky to notice that when the bar attendant was opening the bottle, there was no hissing sound. He had queried the bar attendant who insisted the beer had not been opened only to reject the drink when asked to drink from inside by Papa. Other customers had joined Papa in forcing the attendant but he bluntly refused but after being doused slaps from all angles he pointed to one of Papa friend of giving him a colourless liquid to put in the drink of papa and serving it specifically to him when the time comes. Thus Papa was saved that day.

''My beautiful onyiye... Ansanwa... My one and only milky cow''

Papa cooed sweetly as he saw Mama seated her face a horrible mask, more like a scowl.

''Papa, you are the only man that have the key to my heart''

Mama replied from the corner of her tighted lips instead of the dazzling smile she always gives to Papa. Papa looked intently at the face of his wife and discovered it was not one of her pranks on him.

''What is eating you up my juicy tomatoes''

Papa was trying hard not to show his fear and surprise.

''Nothing o, only that I prepared your favourite soup''

Mama put up a smile and the tension in the room dissolved. She stood up and gave Papa a nice hug holding him closer and tighter than usual like she was going to lose him. Papa too held her and savoured the moment when their heart beat as one.

''Eat your food before it gets cold''

Mama said as she rushed into the room to take of the crying child whose ignored whimpers during the embrace had matured into a full blown cry.

Papa relaxed as he opened the plate to reveal a nice looking afang soup. His favorite. He smacked his lips unconsciously as he right hand reflexively went into the bowl of water. He delved into the mountain of fufu that Mama had kept constantly warm, relishing every mould of fufu that found its way down his throat.

''Erm erm, thank you for the food my angelic cook''

Papa said from the sittingroom.

''Owk my father, I am coming to clear the plates, let my little angel have a fill of natures own food from my bre.ast''

Mama replied him from the inner room.

''Owk, I am waiting o''

Papa replied.

Minutes later, the curtain opened and Mama stepped out looking solemn.
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
alfablondy:
It seems this is going to be a nice story.

wetin dey happen you no go continue this one?

https://www.nairaland.com/1159947/foxy-rebirth-warriors-delta-pidgin-english/1

Sorry about my not completing that one, but I will, some day. I have that conviction deep in my heart...
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
I go continue latter abeg... My belle too full from the grub wey my aboki friend feed me with... Na sleeping tinz wo..
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by alfablondy: 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
ok. we dey wait.
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:47pm On Mar 10, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate: I go continue latter abeg... My belle too full from the grub wey my aboki friend feed me with... Na sleeping tinz wo..
actually I am short of words
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by sambroose(m): 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
bia guy wake_up wake_up.....abi e neva du u ni
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 9:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
Mama suddenly looked older than her actual age that Papa cringed in fright when his eyes met that of his wife. Where did those wrinkles come out from Papa wondered deep inside his head, this surely is an indication that something definately is not right somewhere.

''My angel, hope all is well with you because you are not looking good right now''

Papa barely spoke above a harsh whisper.

''All is well since blessings could come in disguise''

Mama replied him.

Papa looked her up and down. What kind of blessing makes someone age faster within seconds? Definately not a good blessing but a blessing could still be a blessing.

''Tell me about the blessing so I can help you in giving praise to the Lord''

Papa tried to make light of the situation.

''Then you better get your dancing shoes because you will be dancing till dawn''

Mama sneered. It wasn't her fault, how could she resist the touch of her husband, it is her matrimonial and religious duty but the pregnancy when her daughter had barely start sitting? That is more like a capital NO.

''Take it easy on me woman, you are scaring me and you know I have a weak heart''

Papa spoke pleadingly. Yes he loves his wife but her mood this night is driving him crazy and she is really trying too hard to push him over the edge. Some more of her drama will lead to his being hysteric.

''You really want to hear the goodnews?''

Mama asked a rheotorical question to which Papa still noded his head.

''I did not see my monthly flow last week and I have still not seen it, it all points towards one thing''

Mama was counting her words, making sure it have the necessary effect on her husband sitting across her his eyes blinking continously trying to digest the message.

''I am carry another child in my womb''

Mama spelt out those words one after another into the silence that had grown so thick in the room it was blocking the normal flow of air. Papa was sweating hard on his chair, parches of wetness already appearing on his collar and below his armpit.

''Are you sure of what you are saying''

A whimper escaped Papa's throat. If his wife is serious then he is done for. He would have to work double hard and bring in more money so the family will not go hungry. The visit to the hospital will intensify as his wife would have to go for both her normal check-ups and that of the baby in her womb including the little girl who will be affected healthwise by the new development.

''Will I lie to my own husband?''

Mama was almost teary. She had been trying hard to be strong albeit weakly. Hearing her husband mentioning if she was sure about her own body was really heart breaking. How on earth will she wish for such calamity upon herself. Apart from the fact the child in her womb will rob her of some things, she will be ridiculed among women for not being able to keep her legs closed tightly to each other. How was she supposed to know that doing it just one will lead to her being in her present predicament.

''Even if I want to play a prank on you, it will not be as expensive as this one''

Mama replied harshly, afraid the words will fly out of her mouth into the ears of her sleeping children and neighbours.

''That is to say you are really pregnant abi''

Papa asked again making Mama have a flash of naked fire in her eyes. Why would Papa be acting like a male teenager who doesn't want to accept a pregnancy from a girl after stealing her virginity with sweet words.

''For the upteenth time, I am pregnant!!!''

Mama spat the words out, this time her eyes blazing badly.

''Take it easy... I did not mean to get you angry, you know you are the mother of my children''

Papa spoke out his voice normal, free of every tension. Mama nodded her head. Papa looked at her and lowered his head before speaking in his new found confidence:

''Abort it''
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 9:30pm On Mar 10, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: actually I am short of words

I know what you are thinking but I swear itz not it at all... I will explain better if you voice your opinion...
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 9:04am On Mar 11, 2013
No comments up till now... Chai... Lawa o
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by sambroose(m): 10:28am On Mar 11, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate: No comments up till now... Chai... Lawa o
update more, for we to start commenting.....nice work
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2013
Ghen ghen! I 4c mama plucking out papa's eyeball,,,oya cm nd update now! U must finish d story o! Or else.................................wat happened in '74 wl repeat itself.
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:33pm On Mar 11, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate:

I know what you are thinking but I swear itz not it at all... I will explain better if you voice your opinion...
what is there to explain? I had a fight of Larry because you couldn't keep up to your promises. You wanted to go solo! So there is nothing you can say that will change things.

Stick to doing you
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by oyestephen(m): 8:28pm On Mar 11, 2013
Foxy, I like ur creative imaginations
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 11:21pm On Mar 11, 2013
Mama shook her head severally and tilted her ear to the side to clear her head of the words she just heard. It sounded like a dream but then bad dreams have a way of being so real.

''I did not get you''

Mama finally spoke out.

''I say make you abort am abi you want make I stress on the word A-B-O-R-T?''

Papa replied her looking into her face in a strange way.

''Hahahahahahaha''

Was the dry laugh that filled the room. Papa jolted and looked at Mama, how could she be laughing in this kind of situation? He looked at his wet palms to confirm it was not yet harmattan. Legend has it that mental problems have a way of manisfesting during harmattan than during the rainy eason. Mama was not running mad with madness, she was running mad with anger.

''You are saying I should remove what you put into my stomach? Do I look like some girlfriend to you? What did you take this night before returning to the house?''

Mama poured out though she already knew the answer to the last question.

''Nothing. You are not my girlfriend but my wife who will do my wish''

Papa spoke out calmly.

How on earth could he be this confident after saying that abominable word. Mama felt sick in her stomach and before she could think of anything, she was already vomitting in the parlour. Papa rushed to her side to hold her while she all but sprawled on the ground to release whatever had been climbing her throat for a very long time.

''Mama, hope you are owk, you are not looking well''

Papa spoke out with concerning having leaded her out and poured cold water on her head. He is fond of his wife but this pregnancy issue is what he can't deal with. He would have to find a way of making her do away with the pregnancy.

''I'm alright now, stop coaxing me like some very sick patient''

Mama said weakly as she stood up from her squating position. Mama never wanted to be considered weak so used every opportunity to silently prove to Papa that she is still as strong as when he married her.

''I know who my wife is now, please let's go back inside before this malicious people poke their head through doors to see whats going on at the unholly hour.''

Papa said patting Mama lovingly on her shoulder.

They both walked into the house shutting the door behind them and then sitting down on the same seat with Mama sitting right on top of Papa's lap. Papa played with his wife hair for some time, toying round in his mind on how to convince his wife on aborting the baby in her womb.

''You know the kind of work I do my angel''

Papa started to which Mama nodded.

''You know how I leave the house very early to come back late at night just to put food on our table''

Papa continued while his hand roamed on his wife's lap.

''Yes I do my husband''

Mama replied in a tiny voice. She already knew where Papa was headed.

''You know all this children are in school and the youngest boy is starting school next term''

Papa struck the right cord as Mama hand gripped his. She turned and looked into her husband's eye, seeing it shiny for the first time in many years. If he was putting on a act then he surely needs a grammy award for that.

''I know all this my husband, but why are you reminding me about them this night?''

Mama asked.

''I really don't know but they all keep coming back to me. Even the day I took you from your father's house and the first night we spent together.''

Papa had driven home his point. Mama released all of her body to Papa while he drew her head closer to his lips, turning it in the process until the ear was at his mouth.

''Abort it''

Papa whispered.

Mama jumped up from his leg like she was stung by akpiti, the legendary black ant.
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 11:22pm On Mar 11, 2013
oyestephen: Foxy, I like ur creative imaginations

Thanks...
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 11:24pm On Mar 11, 2013
HBG... I am sorry... I did not intend it to be so, this one I am doing right now is with my phone. Please ma dear...
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 9:26am On Mar 12, 2013
Nigeria big jor.... Driving and headed for Abuja. I don dey enter Kaduna....

I go dey update una on progress of journey till I reach to complete my tale and also start a new one titled...

''FROM KANO WITH BOMBS''
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 9:30am On Mar 12, 2013
Men... Accident scene, red honda involved but the tires and steering are missing. I no fit imagine say dem dey move car parts after accident...

Ehen... I dey Ikara Local Govt.
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 9:33am On Mar 12, 2013
Why be say na only cars wey no good na im this driver dey ovatale sef... Chei... Make this journey no long ooo. But before I forget sef, some kind highway patrol team dey do stop and search for the other lane. Wetin dem dey look for sef. Na since tinz don enter kano no be today....
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 9:35am On Mar 12, 2013
Welcome to Zaria... Nice one... We are progressing...

And ehm... First check point and a burnet coaster bus...
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 9:39am On Mar 12, 2013
Sleep dey catch me... We go catch up later... Nuhu Bamali Polytechnic still far... We just cross one crazy bridge...

Wait o... Na by force make one side of bridge dey show say some cars don eff am up end up for river?
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 9:43am On Mar 12, 2013
Makarfi dey Kaduna?

Abi we still dey kano? Na thunder go make dis scar speed ooo
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 10:01am On Mar 12, 2013
This driver na wa oooo
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 3:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
Finally... My crazy ar.se go home. Chei... After the driver abandoned us at Zuba where he was arrested by all those touts parading themselves as park officials.... Na im pocket sha....
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by MaziOmenuko: 11:19pm On Mar 12, 2013
You really got some explanations to do! And I bought that cyber cafe gist you spurn on us! This isn't fair oh!

Btw, nice story, forget the journey updates and give us the real gist!
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 7:50am On Mar 13, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: You really got some explanations to do! And I bought that cyber cafe gist you spurn on us! This isn't fair oh!

Btw, nice story, forget the journey updates and give us the real gist!

This updates are from my phone.... But this comment is from my system as I am back to the office
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 9:55am On Mar 14, 2013
Mama sized Papa up her temper increasing like a thermometer inserted in the anus of a ugwigwi. What has entered into this man? Why would he bring up such an idea?

“If you had not stopped thinking I would have thought it was the drink you took that is playing jamboree in your head.”

Mama said her nose flaring in the darkness.

“My wife, you will have to look at the various possibilities of you giving birth to the child you are carrying in your womb”

Papa tried to reason.

“I know but then you know abortion is same as murder, I could even lose my life in the process”

Mama was skeptical.

“Apart from you having complication due to the fact that there was no child spacing, women and other people will wag their tongues at you.”

Papa was gaining on mama.

“I know but I am still afraid, let me sleep and think over it”

Mama finally said.

Papa appeared at ease as he came close to his wife and gave her a nice hug, squeezing her to himself tightly, not wanting to leave her. He knew deep within him that he has made the wrong choice of asking for the abortion of the child but what then could he have done faced with both the economic and societal challenge he will face if the child is born.

“Let’s go and sleep my wife, so you can think about this more clearly”

Papa coaxed his wife with a deep masculine voice laden with want and appeal.

“Better keep your hands off a pregnant woman”

Mama replied him as she led him into the room and straight to bed where she laid awake all night weighing the odds in her head.

Morning found Papa already dressed and ready to go to his office, he is a trained engineer and combined that with a little taxiing to supplement money to the house, both for the feeding and education of his children who were all brainbox. If only he had gone through formal education himself, then he surely knew where he would have found himself. But contentment is his motto as he never bothered to look at what other people have neither does he kill himself trying to acquire something he knew he would not get in a long time.

“You are already up”

Mama voice brought him back to reality. She helped polish his black shoe using the charcoal that cluster at the chimney of the old lantern they use in the house, applying a little kerosene. This gave the shoe a glow in the sun and does not turn dusty no matter the amount of dust kicked up.

“Yes o. I have to leave early so I can get some passengers who are also early risers so I can buy petrol from the money I will realize.”

Papa replied he whisked through his hair with a comb which he in turn put into his pocket. He dropped money for the day’s feeding and bid Mama bye before stepping outside the house and trekking a little distance to the garage which his car was parked.

“See as Iya Basira and her husband just dey quarrel throughout yesterday night because of say heat dey and Iya Basira no want make Baba Basira touch her, Basira sef never reach one years sef. Na so Yoruba (no pun intended) people dey like that thing reach?”

Oga wife queried as Mama Sarah and Mama Chika listened with rapt attention. Normal thing with these women, always gossiping about one thing or another whenever the compound becomes empty. Funny thing is whenever quarrel broke out between these women, they don’t hesitate to open up all the gossips they have done in the past. But like the adage, birds of the same feather always flock together.

As Mama made her way outside to check the food she was cooking against when the children will come home, Oga wife looked at her owlishly and tapped Mama Sarah on her lap.

“The way Mama Warriors behave these days, always spitting and getting easily irritated by things and smells.”

Mama Chika looked at her:

“I have noticed it, maybe it is not what we are thinking, but let me ask you, how come you know since you have never taken in?”

Mama Sarah laughed.

“Abeg leave me jor, must I get belle first to know who get belle or not? See eh, I don tay for this compound to know how e dey look like when person get belle.”

Oga wife replied, a little bit loudly that Mama turned and looked at them, then went inside.

“I have a message from God for someone here, that person should come outside, I have a message from heaven”.

A man putting on white garment, holding a bronze staff and adorning a dreadlock and beards entered the compound.
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by oyestephen(m): 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2013
What could the message be *thinking*
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by esn1(f): 3:20pm On Mar 14, 2013
Wow! Please continue. You really got me glued and addicted. Nice one,
Re: Even Heaven Agreed by FoxyUltimate(m): 4:04pm On Mar 14, 2013
oyestephen: What could the message be *thinking*

I wonder oooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History + Beliefs [MUST SEE] / My Girlfriend’s Little Sister (A Short Romantic Story) / Blood Link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.