Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria (2399 Views)

Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? / Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by omonnakoda: 3:08pm On Mar 10, 2013
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by omonnakoda: 3:09pm On Mar 10, 2013
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by nduchucks: 3:11pm On Mar 10, 2013
The answer is YES.

It will happen after the deaths of the IBB, OBJ, Danjuma, Anenih, and other powerful men of that their generation - the "owners of Nigeria"

1 Like

Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 10, 2013
Yes...!

Did it ever cross your mind that an Ijaw will be President 10 yrs ago?
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by omonnakoda: 3:21pm On Mar 10, 2013
There is no active opposition to Ijaw presidency would an Ibo have succeeded Yar'adua?
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by Tolexander: 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
I don't think so!
Many igbos don't believe in nigeria but biafra. So what is the point ruling what they don't believe in!

7 Likes

Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by PointB: 3:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
Any citizen can be President of Nigeria provided the country remains one.

Just as 'the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong..." The Presidency is not for the strong or the most intelligent. It is a matter of ' ...time and chance.'

So yes, it is a matter of time. 2015, 2019, etc present ample chances (opportunities). If some people, including some naysayers have to die off before this happen, so be it. Fact is that Nigeria will have to confront a President of Igbo extraction. The sooner the better though.
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by Akshow: 3:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
Why not. President of Nigeria is not the exclusive birthright of any tribe in naija. Anyone from any tribe can be president

1 Like

Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by NSNA: 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
Shame that.

I know many smart Igbo...
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by omonnakoda: 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
NSNA: Shame that.

I know many smart Igbo...
me too
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 10, 2013
People like Oshiomhole that some are clamoring to become president are from even smaller places in Nigeria talk less of “Igbos” who are not less than Third in the ranking of tribes in Nigeria, they have all it takes and they will get there very soon.

And beside they seems to have put their bitter Biafra experiences behind them and are presently more committed to Nigeria today than some who just recently ruled for eight years and decided that the best thing to do was to go on self inflicted Opposition, for what reasons I don’t know and don’t want to know.
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by omonnakoda: 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
You can never understand because you believe politics is about chopping and never think long term.

1 Like

Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by ninja4life(m): 4:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
Why not if dey ar ready to forget dis biafra rubbish and produce a candidate dat will embrace other tribes in nigeria not acting lik typical nairalander den i can see dem producing d best president of nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by obilojayyahoo: 4:58pm On Mar 10, 2013
my prayer in this nation is dat, let the will of God be done cos' dis nation is nt one.
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by omonnakoda: 5:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
The nation is very much one.The only people who keep saying it is not are Ibo and that is why they are viewed with mistrust.

1 Like

Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by omonnakoda: 5:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
That is why we cannot trust Ibo as President

1 Like

Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by yarodin: 5:45pm On Mar 10, 2013
LOL,tomorrow when aboki starts going "abacha" on their behinds, they will start crying and begging for Southern Unity.
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 5:54pm On Mar 10, 2013
OP should be banned. Lolx

Which type of username is that?

Eko ile, Bluetooth, geez,dayo which of you is wearing this mask? cheesy

@topic, is this supposed to be a question?o ga-eme unu n'anya.
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 10, 2013
Reserved ***
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by NegroNtns(m): 6:47pm On Mar 10, 2013
the road to the presidency is not an easy one. unless you are installing a person as president, then it really doesnt matter; but in a free and fair election people calculate risks!

there is much risks, social, economic, political, cultural, stacked up in disfavor of an igbo candidate in a 2015 or 2019 presidential election that to indeed have an igbo emerge as president would require he/she be installed. baring that, the igbo race can also create a magical turn around for itself, one from which it rapidly knocks off the stumbling risks and gain popularity, favor and warmth from the rest of nigeria. the more the risk, the higher. the turn-off from society. therefor igbo need to compete on risk factor and edge out competitors to emerge as the preferred choice of the people.
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by omonnakoda: 6:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
ifyalways: OP should be banned. Lolx

Which type of username is that?

Eko ile, Bluetooth, geez,dayo which of you is wearing this mask? cheesy

@topic, is this supposed to be a question?o ga-eme unu n'anya.
Nwanne why na?
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by HAH: 8:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
No , because Igbo have committed the ultimate sin in Nigerias unity, so it will be too risky to give it to Kong Igbo, I don't mind delta igbo or rivers but the real OMATA mba o
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by asha80(m): 8:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
HAH: No , because Igbo have committed the ultimate sin in Nigerias unity, so it will be too risky to give it to Kong Igbo, I don't mind delta igbo or rivers but the real OMATA mba o
let me reason with you.what is the ultimate sin did the conc igbo by your definition commit?
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by omonnakoda: 9:02pm On Mar 10, 2013
asha 80: let me reason with you.what is the ultimate sin did the conc igbo by your definition commit?
Secession/Treason. Every one who was alive during that period and their children shall pass away before we have an Ibo President
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by asha80(m): 9:08pm On Mar 10, 2013
omonnakoda: Secession/Treason. Every one who was alive during that period and their children shall pass away before we have an Ibo President
what led to the call for secession?
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by hafsatbaby: 9:17pm On Mar 10, 2013
Tupiakwa over my death body;God forbid bad thing
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by HAH: 9:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
asha 80: what led to the call for secession?

Greed of the igbo leaders in order to control the recently discovered oil then
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by asha80(m): 9:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
HAH:

Greed of the igbo leaders in order to control the recently discovered oil then
this is a joke right?you just want a silly argurement just for the sake of it?anyway suit yourself as i taught i wanted to rub minds with a reasonable fellow.also i can see how fantastic and a world class destination nigeria now is since no igbo person has ruled.
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by tomakint: 10:10pm On Mar 10, 2013
HAH: No , because Igbo have committed the ultimate sin in Nigerias unity, so it will be too risky to give it to Kong Igbo, I don't mind delta igbo or rivers but the real OMATA mba o
...and what SIN did they commit? They saw what was faulty in the UNION and they peacefully took it up with the authority of the day but instead of looking at it, they looked the other way and the Igbos decided to 'leave peacefully' but what did we do to them? You know the story! undecided

1 Like

Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by tomakint: 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
I declare a capital YES to the topic as long as the country is still one! Igbo Presidency by my predictions may likely be in 2019 cool
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by ifihearam: 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
Yes. Only when a fowl grows teeth
Re: Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria by ifihearam: 10:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
tomakint: I declare a capital YES to the topic as long as the country is still one! Igbo Presidency by my predictions may likely be in 2019 cool

We have eligible IBOS ooooo
But they can never be trusted with the future of this country,the first thing they will do is to declare the republic of biafra and they can sell the other regions. Igbo and money

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Youth Leader Speaks On Mass Exodus In The Party / If Gej Is From The North And Gmb From The South, Will The North Ask For Change / Jonathan Promised April 2011 For Stable Power Supply (Evidence)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.