Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

‘after My Law Degree, I Still Wasn’t Fulfilled…’ – Soundcity VJ, Moet - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / ‘after My Law Degree, I Still Wasn’t Fulfilled…’ – Soundcity VJ, Moet (984 Views)

SoundCity Vs HipTV: Which Do You Prefer? / Denrele Joins The Channel O Africa Vj Team / Mtn/mtv Vj Search Winner Emerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘after My Law Degree, I Still Wasn’t Fulfilled…’ – Soundcity VJ, Moet by pckid: 7:01pm On Mar 10, 2013
http://amehdaily.com/2013/03/10/after-my-law-degree-i-still-wasnt-fulfilled-soundcity-vj-moet-dishes-on-tv-her-big-break-more/

1) How long have you been on television?

I’ve been on television for exactly a year now

2) Why television?

Well after getting a law degree I still wasn’t fulfilled. I felt I still needed to do something that made me happy. I always had a passion for theatre arts, being on stage, being under the spotlight and just any way I could communicate a message to people. I have sooo many plans for television in Nigeria and I felt there was a huge gap in that part of the industry so it was the perfect challenge for me to undertake and if you know me well I love doing things that many are quick to say I can’t or won’t achieve and here I am

3) How did you get your big break?

I moved back to Nigeria exactly a year ago but before I left I had it at the back of my mind that I would work for Soundcity. So, a few months before I left I did my research and arranged a screen test as soon as I got into Nigeria. After the screen test I was called back and was told I got the job and would begin working as a Soundcity VJ as soon as possible.
moet-amehdaily

Moet and fellow Soundcity VJ – Pearl and Adams

4) What’s been the most exciting part of your TV experience?

The most exciting part for me is the spontaneity. You just don’t know who you will meet and where you will meet them. I’ve met a variety of people and all the different characters and personalities just keep increasing that’s what I love the most.

5) What are the unique challenges of being on TV in Nigeria

There are a lot of challenges but as people always say nothing good comes easy but without a doubt there are a number of these challenges that stand out. I will mention three. 1stly being on tv completely puts you in the public eye to be criticised and most viewers never understand or are aware of how stressful production can be here in Nigeria and how that generally can affect the final outcome (what the viewers see on tv). Secondly, at times being on tv can make you feel extremely under appreciated because a number of Nigerians clearly know who you are and what you do but pretend they don’t know you just to get some sort of reaction from you. This would never happen abroad. Lastly, being on tv creates a lot of expectations where the public believes you are perfect and should not and can not make any mistakes. One thing I do know that I am criticised about is my slight english accent and many believe I put on the accent which I can say now is not true and I can’t stress how much I’m not trying to be some one I’m not. I’m definitely not perfect but human with a lot of flaws.
Moet

Moet

6) What are your latest projects

Well apart from working as a VJ on Soundcity, I’ve been working on movie and tv series scripts. So should soon be seen starring in a few movies and tv series. I’ve also been recording a few demos for radio so that soon will take off as well. Also been workin on a few online tv outlets which all shall surface in 2013.

7) Where do you see yourself in the next five years?

http://amehdaily.com/2013/03/10/after-my-law-degree-i-still-wasnt-fulfilled-soundcity-vj-moet-dishes-on-tv-her-big-break-more/

(1) (Reply)

Spartacus War Of The Damned: Season Finale;Final Battle With Crassus Videos / Video: Kate Henshaw Walks Out On Nigeria's Got Talent Contestant On Stage / How To Register For 2014 Gulder Ultimate Search (season 11) Audition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.