Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,099 members, 7,807,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

We Will Decide Whether To Accept Governor Akpabio’s Gift – 2 Face Idibia - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / We Will Decide Whether To Accept Governor Akpabio’s Gift – 2 Face Idibia (1404 Views)

Jim Iyke Spotted With Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State (pic) / I’m Yet To Decide Whether I Will Accept Governor Akpabio’s Cars – 2face Idibia / "I Secretly Married Annie to Avoid Hurting My Other Baby Mamas" - 2 Face Idibia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Decide Whether To Accept Governor Akpabio’s Gift – 2 Face Idibia by Netnews: 8:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
Award-winning musician, Tuface Idibia, on Sunday said he was yet to decide whether or not to accept the controversial wedding gifts presented to him and his wife on Friday by Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom.

Mr. Akpabio had stunned guests at the wedding of the celebrity couple with the announcement of a donation of two brand new Toyota Prado SUVs to them.

The lucky couple are also to have 29 delegates from Akwa Ibom State attend their star-studded white wedding in Dubai, the United Arab Emirate (UAE), courtesy of the governor. The Eket-Ibeno Road, which has remained in a bad state for a long time, is to be fully rehabilitated before the next child-dedication ceremony of the couple, the governor said.

The gifts have triggered condemnations by some Nigerians who consider them as outrageous and Governor Akpabio as profligate in the management of public funds.

“The governor made a promise, when the cars come, we will decide whether to accept them or not,” the musician said through his spokesperson, Bola Omisore. “We cannot take a decision on the basis of a promise that is yet to be fulfilled.”

Asked to comment on the widespread criticism that has trailed the presentation of the gift to Tuface and his wife, Mr. Omisore said he and his clients were not aware of any criticisms over the cars.

On whether it is appropriate for the musician to accept the gift when the funds used in buying them could be used in solving some of the numerous developmental challenges in Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Omisore said, “No comment”

SOURCE

1 Like

Re: We Will Decide Whether To Accept Governor Akpabio’s Gift – 2 Face Idibia by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
What gives akpabio the right to use state money for Father Christmas purposes
Tuface should please collect the vehicles and give them to two motherless babies homes or the shelters for the children they branded witches in Akwa Ibom
He should make sure they write the names of the organizations on the cars with express orders how they must be used.
If he refuses the vehicles,akpabio will simply give them to his side babes

Alternatively,

He could sell the vehicles and buys bags of rice and beans and groundnut oil to share to all the widows in Annie's village and he would have done a good deed .
The money is theirs.
This second option is what I would do,if I were him.
Re: We Will Decide Whether To Accept Governor Akpabio’s Gift – 2 Face Idibia by acidtalk: 10:41pm On Mar 10, 2013
If I slap you akpari korodo head.

You will decide whether to accept the gift yet honor the dinner tat the date banquet and was happy when they gave you carS (plural oh! And not just one) and 29 entourage from the government to Dubai for your wedding.

First start by paying for the dinner you ate at the state house, warn them not to send 29 delegates to come for your wedding in dubai on Akwa Ibom government funding then you can go ahead and refuse the cars.

Is it not because akpabio was a careless talker who publicly announced his gift? If they had secretly given you, would you have returned it?

Nonesense!!!

1 Like

Re: We Will Decide Whether To Accept Governor Akpabio’s Gift – 2 Face Idibia by Nobody: 6:01am On Mar 11, 2013
[size=13pt]The choice is as clear as 7up. If you're a man of the people like you claim to be, then refuse the cars and make a statement to these nonsensical politicians who continue to lavish gifts to the already lavished and neglect and reject the impoverished.[/size]

1 Like

Re: We Will Decide Whether To Accept Governor Akpabio’s Gift – 2 Face Idibia by kongkong: 11:48am On Mar 12, 2013
I understand your auguments guys but listen you are putting 2face at a very tight corner. Do u know what refusing those will do to Akpabio's PR and personality? He can even go after (uface for embarrassing him. Also, his acceptanace may and may not attract public outrage. Its a tough one, I think the governor wud have made his gifts a secret one.so sad

(1) (Reply)

Mcdonald’s Sued After Child Eatsused Condom / Stephnora Okere Shares Photo Of Herself And Her Sister / Justin Beiber Has Been A Good Boy Says Neighbours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.