Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,558 members, 7,809,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Car Accident You've Had As A Driver Or As A Passenger - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Accident You've Had As A Driver Or As A Passenger (661 Views)

FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence / Ghastly Car Accident In Makurdi. Benue State Capital. Photos / Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Car Accident You've Had As A Driver Or As A Passenger by IB5(f): 2:33am On Mar 11, 2013
Just think it won't be bad if we can share our experiences of accident(s) we've had either as a passenger or as the driver, minor or major

Mine As the driver
Was still learning how to drive some years back, entered a filling station to top my tank. As I drove in, saw this clean pathfinder jeep packed down, was trying to avoid any collision with it without minding one rugged taxi at my left side. As I turned to the left in the cause of being cautious, my side of the car came in contact with the bumper of the taxi. As a learner I didn't bother to halt but kept moving.
I later stopped when my car has been scratched from the front to the back at the side angry looked at the taxi driver with his 'I'll kill you today look' shocked didn't bother to get out of the car, my instructor did the begging cheesy
Fortunately for him and unfortunately for me, nothing happened to his car because he had this crazy strong locally made bumper, some part of my car was pressed in and deformed. First and the only should I say accident or crash I ever had as a driver.

As a passenger.
Myself and mum were inside the car with my brother behind the wheel along Ibadan-Ife Express. There was dew and the road surface was still wet. Bro was driving on top speed, talking and with less concentration. Suddenly he noticed a pothole not far away along our lane, it's a dual carriageway just like that of Lagos-Ibadan expressway. As he turned the wheel so as to avoid the pothole, the car just drifted to the wide space between the ongoing vehicle's lane and the incoming ones that has been occupied by little shrubs and tall grasses. Still with high speed inside the small bush, he was trying to regain the control but crossed the ongoing vehicles lane to a thicker bush, luckily for us the road wasn't busy, had it been another vehicle was coming may be we would have been cleared off undecided he kept moving in the bush till the car was stopped by friction from grasses and bushes.
Got the car out from the bush and back on road. wink
Got to police check point, they were like; WTF, are we from the forest? cheesy

Share yours wink

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Driving In Rain / Vehicle Overheating / Help On Toyota Fuel Consumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.