Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom (5178 Views)

Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov / "We Found Stockpiles Of Dollars, Not Arms In AK Govt. House” — Official / Wives Of Boko Haram Militants Surrender In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by TUMIC(m): 6:30am On Mar 11, 2013
Eket (Akwa Ibom)

- No fewer than 20 militants known as "Lacto Marine'' in Ibeno Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom have surrendered arms to Federal Government's Inter-Agency Task Force on Militancy.
The leader of the task force, Air Vice Marshal Jim Gbum, announced this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Eket.
Gbem said the committee received the militant group at the Ibeno Jetty, adding that arms surrendered by them included six browning machine gun, rocket launchers and AK-47 rifles.
He said the militants responded to the Federal Government’s second phase of the amnesty Programme for repentant militant groups. He alleged that the group had been responsible for crimes in the high sea between Akwa Ibom
and Cross River.

Meanwhile, Mr Samuel Ayadi, Chairman of Artisan Fishermen Association of Nigeira, Akwa Ibom Chapter, has commended the Federal Government for extending the programme to those who did not embrace its first phase. He said that the surrender by the group would bring the needed peace in the waterways in the
state.
NAN reports that the disarmament record and
documentation of the ex-militants would be done
on Monday at the stadium in Eket.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/20-militants-surrender-arms-in-akwa-ibom/

Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by UnknownMember: 8:58am On Mar 11, 2013
HABA!! angry

Now I am confused.. Were these not the weapons allegedly gotten from the Boko Haram crew that was massacred in Borno a few days back?! How come it is now being surrendered by Militants?!

HMMMM!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by benjaminedicha: 9:03am On Mar 11, 2013
Which one are we facin now..boko haram or militant amnesty...so you mean all these arms na for human being..
What a wicked generation..
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by olaposer(m): 9:04am On Mar 11, 2013
This weapon is even good enough for a country to go to war,newday new drama in nigeria
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by chaloner(m): 9:09am On Mar 11, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
i jus giv dis out for some reasons, i think very old. i jus ordered some new stuffs including war planes and new AK 102
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by Napolitano(m): 9:10am On Mar 11, 2013
If Nigeria ever gets into war, the world would be surprised as weapons would be springing out from nowhere.
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by SORTER: 9:15am On Mar 11, 2013
CRIMINAL AND EXHIBIT RECIRCLING......NAIJA WE HAIL THEE..
TUMIC: Eket (Akwa Ibom)

- No fewer than 20 militants known as "Lacto Marine'' in Ibeno Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom have surrendered arms to Federal Government's Inter-Agency Task Force on Militancy.
The leader of the task force, Air Vice Marshal Jim Gbum, announced this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Eket.
Gbem said the committee received the militant group at the Ibeno Jetty, adding that arms surrendered by them included six browning machine gun, rocket launchers and AK-47 rifles.
He said the militants responded to the Federal Government’s second phase of the amnesty Programme for repentant militant groups. He alleged that the group had been responsible for crimes in the high sea between Akwa Ibom
and Cross River.

Meanwhile, Mr Samuel Ayadi, Chairman of Artisan Fishermen Association of Nigeira, Akwa Ibom Chapter, has commended the Federal Government for extending the programme to those who did not embrace its first phase. He said that the surrender by the group would bring the needed peace in the waterways in the
state.
NAN reports that the disarmament record and
documentation of the ex-militants would be done
on Monday at the stadium in Eket.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/20-militants-surrender-arms-in-akwa-ibom/
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by maskid(m): 9:18am On Mar 11, 2013
sorry no money for you guys ooo
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by Kaxmytex(m): 9:19am On Mar 11, 2013
Good boiz..
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by SlyIg(f): 9:34am On Mar 11, 2013
SORTER: CRIMINAL AND EXHIBIT RECIRCLING......NAIJA WE HAIL THEE..
Must you quote all that?
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by pekelepekele(m): 9:44am On Mar 11, 2013
I am really amazed after viewing that picture . I think it is high time they stop producing guns and these ammunition's even animals don't deserve this .,When you see someone carrying a gun it means it is meant to be shot at a human being this world is really inorder
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by 1shortblackboy: 9:52am On Mar 11, 2013
Make una go find work do o! Militant no be work
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 11, 2013
Omo, these ammunitions fit sack like 9 states of the federation turning them to ghost towns grin
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2013
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by ukpaku: 10:14am On Mar 11, 2013
Unknown Member: HABA!! angry

Now I am confused.. Were these not the weapons allegedly gotten from the Boko Haram crew that was massacred in Borno a few days back?! How come it is now being surrendered by Militants?!

HMMMM!!!!
i tire oo
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by Johniyke2flex(m): 10:15am On Mar 11, 2013
Abeg jare! Mr OP na u add ur own jara to dis story. Are these not the ammunition dat were supposedly retrieved after the gun duel btw d boko boys nd JTF? Abeg Mr OP, dis jara 2 much!
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by Haywhymido(m): 10:27am On Mar 11, 2013
20 pipo ke I jst read dat it is 19 pipo na,una don add oluwaseun osewa to dem. I heard d guy surrendered im weapons too.

1 Like

Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by gerald09(m): 10:40am On Mar 11, 2013
benjamin edicha: Which one are we facin now..boko haram or militant amnesty...so you mean all these arms na for human being..
What a wicked generation..

No generation is born wicked the african leaders created d Frankenstein monsters n they went rouge.
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 11, 2013
Unknown Member: HABA!! angry

HMMMM!!!!
Now u got me confused... Do u recognise the weapons...you sounding like a boko boy
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 11, 2013
This millitants r all dead men..ok where r d pictures.
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by Capnd143(m): 11:18am On Mar 11, 2013
Napolitano: If Nigeria ever gets into war, the world would be surprised as weapons would be springing out from nowhere.
after one dimwit western media go talk nonsense! Make person try attacking nigeria, na dier weapons go comot 4rm underground! Fuc..k western media.
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by Cheggoon(m): 11:24am On Mar 11, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Haaa "LACTOR MARINE".... The oweikimi one of Gbaraun kindom...​​​​‎​Ȋ̝̊ hail u bros,u made it @ last...
Them neva see sometin..... ​​​​‎​​​​​‎​Ȋ̝̊ believe broz, ђeřě the party D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ apun ₪☼..

1 Like

Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by Summersland(m): 12:21pm On Mar 11, 2013
U're right dis guy,it's the same weapon they showed 2 us few days ago...KILODE tongue
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by Thevenine(m): 12:31pm On Mar 11, 2013
sounds fishy jare...why not 19 militants or 21 militants
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by Marineetyon(m): 1:22pm On Mar 11, 2013
Na wetin i observe too
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by slimming: 1:32pm On Mar 11, 2013
is not a good bizmess anymore
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by peeceelove(m): 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1220339/jtf-kills-52-arrests-70

FROM THE CAPTION ABOVE THE WEAPONS RECOVERED ARE SAME CAN SOMEONE PLS EXPLAIN.
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by egift(m): 1:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
peeceelove: https://www.nairaland.com/1220339/jtf-kills-52-arrests-70

FROM THE CAPTION ABOVE THE WEAPONS RECOVERED ARE SAME CAN SOMEONE PLS EXPLAIN.

Don't be surprise if that picture has nothing to do with the two reports. JTF and the media may just be playing on our sentiments.
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 11, 2013
Jtf too dey lie
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by ninja4life(m): 5:31pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hope dis dumb militant ar not expecting any money or programme watsoever cus if dey ar bein paid like d nd militant den d fg should expect more militant grps in d country since dey hav proved it 2 be a gud business
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by eehweezzy(m): 6:12pm On Mar 11, 2013
correct!!!!..........................i was der wen it happend.........hop federal govt take care of em
Re: 20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom by olaayo105(m): 8:27pm On Mar 11, 2013
o ga o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo Of A Nigerian Army Lieutenant That Was Killed By Boko Haram / BREAKING!!! Clampdown On Biafra Agitators: Protesters Disarm Soldier In Aba / EFCC Discovers Cars Filled With Money Dumped In A Farm By A Governor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.