Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,807 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Sanusi Bows Out From CBN Next Year - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sanusi Bows Out From CBN Next Year (613 Views)

International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year / Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year / A Sample Of Sanusi New 200 Naira Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Bows Out From CBN Next Year by palabest: 8:03am On Mar 11, 2013
Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the highly controversial, but influential governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), has said he will stand down a governor of the bank when his current five-year tenure expires in 2014.

Mallam Sanusi, who has seen the rebirth of the troubled banking sector following forced capitalization, mergers and acquisition with a resultant resurgence in the financial industry said the job was too tasking.

Speaking in a interview with the London based Banker magazine, Mallam Sanusi stated that the CBN job he believes he has completed his assignment at the apex bank and would not been seeking a further tenure.

“I will not be offering my services for a second term. The job is extremely demanding. I don’t think it’s something that I would like to do for 10 years. I also think I have certain skills and a temperament that are suitable for a certain phase. I’m a crisis central banker. I came at a time of crisis.

“I consider my job to have been to fix the crisis and restore stability, and to make sure we did that in such a way that no bank failed, no depositor or creditor lost money and fiscal costs (were minimized), which is why we tried to get the banks themselves to bear the costs.”

To reduce the cost to the government of its intervention, all banks are being charged an annual levy by the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (Amcon), a state-owned bad bank created in 2010 to buy up toxic assets. Law-makers are working on an amendment to the Amcon Act, which will make such payments legally binding.

Mallam Sanusi, a former Risk-manager at First Bank plc, also has commendable words for Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Finance minister, who he credits with prudent fiscal management of the Nigerian economy.

“From the time Ms Okonjo-Iweala came on board, there has been significant improvement. We (the central bank and finance ministry) have been speaking the same language. And you can see the results.

“With our monetary and fiscal policies, we have provided macroeconomic stability. But stability is not an end in itself. We need to take advantage of it and push forward with structural reforms. If we can do that, then we could easily reach double-digit growth and make it sustainable.”

http://nigeriacommunicationsweek.com.ng/e-financial/sanusi-bows-out-from-cbn-next-year
Re: Sanusi Bows Out From CBN Next Year by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 11, 2013
Okay, i don hia you.
Re: Sanusi Bows Out From CBN Next Year by julimax(m): 8:17am On Mar 11, 2013
Okay na.. preparing my portfolio as the next CBN Governor, 2nd to comment anyway
Re: Sanusi Bows Out From CBN Next Year by abhosts(m): 8:37am On Mar 11, 2013
Jonathan already has the Next CBN Governor on standby and Sanusi knows that he stands no chance of getting a second term.
Re: Sanusi Bows Out From CBN Next Year by uxor: 11:39am On Mar 12, 2013
APC Presidential Candidate 2015, with Fashola, and you both MUST fail woefully.

We are waiting to disgrace u people at the pool.

Aboki that shared poverty as bonanza to Nigerians. Sanusi should tell Nigerians, which bank has recruited staff after his so called reforms. instead banks were sacking staff on weekly basis, translating to many Nigerians going to bed on empty stomach.

OTHERS DO REFORMS AND JOBS ARE GENERATED BUT SANUSI DID REFORMS AND JOBSSSSS ARE LOST!

Get out of the CBN b4 2014:

(1) (Reply)

Owning A T.v Chanel / The Right Time To Quit Your Job / Fiverrian In The House....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.