Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Android Tablets Ruuning Low On Internal Memory - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Tablets Ruuning Low On Internal Memory (4851 Views)

Easiest Way To Fix Android Memory Running Low On Internal Memory / List Of Cheap Android Tablets In Nigeria / Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Tablets Ruuning Low On Internal Memory by simplicit(m): 11:07am On Mar 11, 2013
My infinix joypad with 4gig internal memory has been given me prob, can't even install on it right nw. I hav even partitioned my memory card cos am using 16gig memory card, it is very anoyn because I still hav lyk 10gig unused memory space on it......any solution to this? Pls help
Re: Android Tablets Ruuning Low On Internal Memory by cyrexx: 11:26am On Mar 11, 2013
Have you checked available space on it. What did it say?

Plus how much apps have you installed on it since you bought
Re: Android Tablets Ruuning Low On Internal Memory by simplicit(m): 12:20pm On Mar 11, 2013
cyrexx: Have you checked available space on it. What did it say?

Plus how much apps have you installed on it since you bought
yes d available space is 10mb and it says 145mb used...pls i dnt understand dis, i tot 2gig out of the 4gig is suppose to b for ram while d remaining 2 gig 4 apps
Re: Android Tablets Ruuning Low On Internal Memory by rekeson: 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
simplicit: yes d available space is 10mb and it says 145mb used...pls i dnt understand dis, i tot 2gig out of the 4gig is suppose to b for ram while d remaining 2 gig 4 apps

Meaning d phone's specs are not real
Re: Android Tablets Ruuning Low On Internal Memory by cyrexx: 12:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
simplicit: yes d available space is 10mb and it says 145mb used...pls i dnt understand dis, i tot 2gig out of the 4gig is suppose to b for ram while d remaining 2 gig 4 apps
Ram is different from internal memory + rom. The ram on your device is 512mb and installed apps do not affect this at all. It's your internal memory that your apps use.

But are you sure your device is 4gb internal memory? From this calculation of 145mb + 10mb, it seems the internal memory is not the same as what was written on the cover of your phone(4gb), maybe it's a mistake somewhere, you may need to go back to where you bought your device and complain to them. A 4gb rom/internal memory plus 16gb memory card should not give you any headache about storage at all. At least not until you've installed a trailer load of apps on both the card and internal memory.
I hope you bought from a reputable dealer?
Re: Android Tablets Ruuning Low On Internal Memory by simplicit(m): 1:07pm On Mar 11, 2013
it is 4gig and according to wat i learnt, 2 gig is meant to be the ram while 2 gig is for internal memory. yeah i got it from micro station and i even rooted the device, installed link2sd which i use to move the apps to memory card and it seems the apps are both on ma memory card and phone. i have even partitioned the card using fat32 and ext2, the ext2 is where link2sd move my apps to...
cyrexx:
Ram is different from internal memory + rom. The ram on your device is 512mb and installed apps do not affect this at all. It's your internal memory that your apps use.

But are you sure your device is 4gb internal memory? From this calculation of 145mb + 10mb, it seems the internal memory is not the same as what was written on the cover of your phone(4gb), maybe it's a mistake somewhere, you may need to go back to where you bought your device and complain to them. A 4gb rom/internal memory plus 16gb memory card should not give you any headache about storage at all. At least not until you've installed a trailer load of apps on both the card and internal memory.
I hope you bought from a reputable dealer?
Re: Android Tablets Ruuning Low On Internal Memory by simplicit(m): 4:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
sorry the internal memory is suppose to be 512mb but what am seein is total space 155mb and the available space is 7.45mb....pls any solution to this?
Re: Android Tablets Ruuning Low On Internal Memory by cyrexx: 7:18pm On Mar 11, 2013
simplicit: sorry the internal memory is suppose to be 512mb but what am seein is total space 155mb and the available space is 7.45mb....pls any solution to this?

I guessed as much. I thought they said internal memory on joypad is 4gb,why 512mb again?

Anyway, if that's the case, the only solution is to link your apps on internal memory to the second partition of your sd card using link2sd. This is similar to solving memory problems on tecno n3. I guess you already know how to do this. You can Google how to properly use link2sd to solve memory issues
Re: Android Tablets Ruuning Low On Internal Memory by simplicit(m): 3:44pm On Mar 12, 2013
i've don dat bro, but am still running low on memory, it seems the fault is from their factory cos i went to microstation today to complain and i even check the 1 dey display, it apns to b disame 155mb....
cyrexx:

I guessed as much. I thought they said internal memory on joypad is 4gb,why 512mb again?

Anyway, if that's the case, the only solution is to link your apps on internal memory to the second partition of your sd card using link2sd. This is similar to solving memory problems on tecno n3. I guess you already know how to do this. You can Google how to properly use link2sd to solve memory issues
Re: Android Tablets Ruuning Low On Internal Memory by tobeski(m): 11:28pm On Apr 07, 2013
hello

im also working on this same problem on my neighbour's tab. first of all lets clarify the 3 storage locations on android devices

1.system storage.. usually very small (about 155mb in our case)
2. internal mass storage.. this is the main mass storage for apps that is built in 4gb in our case
3. external sd card.. this is the normal off the shelf mem. card that u insert by the side

coming from an htc desire which had very limited system storage and no internal mass storage, ive learnt some things about moving apps to sd etc

...moving to external micro sd card...
for performance reasons, android apps were designed to stay on the system storage because its much faster than ext sd card. after a lot of pressure google added the ability to move apps to the sd. but only partially. so for example, you move a 10mb app to sd but only about 7mb of it actually gets moved. the remaining 3mb occupies your limited system storage. its done this way in ordeer to limit the drop in speed. sd cards are slow so only the less frequently used data gets moved to it (the 7mb)

...internal mass storage...
finally phone manufacturers started having sense and started to put large enough storage on their phones(8gb,16gb,32gb etc) but this is shown on android as a separate storage drive from the system storage. thankfully, since this was internal and not like the removable sd cards, it did not suffer from the speed issue so u can move apps in whole (the whole 10mb in the e.g above) to it.

...what ive noticed..
in the storage section under the settings. the joypad lists internal storage, internal sd card (instead of internal usb storage as it is usally called on other android phones), and external sd card

also the size of 'this internal sd card' is 4 gb which is odd. its always either 1 gb or multiples of 8gb(16,32,64,etc) on all phones i know of

again, if use the move to sd option on the app info screen with a micro sd card inserted, it keeps moving to the internal mass storage and does not touch the actual micro sd card. (on other android phones/tablets there are usually two options; move to usb storage and move to sd card but for some reason the joypad only offers the latter).

also it does the partial moving thing (that i explained above) for internal mass storage which is supposed to happen only for the slower external sd cards.

another odd thing if you go to apps under settings and choose preffered install location, there are only 2 options, internal device storage(system storage) and removable sd card.

conclusion
this leads me to believe that the 4gb internal storage in our joypads is mounted/seen by the os as an external sd card for some reason, or maybe it is an actual sd card that is just housed inside the device rendering it unremovable. why would they do this? maybe because sd cards are cheaper, and we all know the joypad is a cheap tab so compromises have to be made. it's probably just poor coding. maybe the os was not installed in a way that it would read the internal mass storage properly instead of thinking its an sd card. I have no idea

the solution
two things you can do . manage the limited system storage and install only a few apps at a time you can use astro app backup to backup the ones you dont need at the moment and install them later without having to download all over again

root the tab. parition the sd card and run the a2sd hack that allows you to move apps in whole to your ext sd card. link2sd also does basically the same thing. youll be able to install a bazillion apps but theyll run very very very slowly and the rooting process might ruffle your feathers if youre not very computer savvy.
Re: Android Tablets Ruuning Low On Internal Memory by techfreak: 12:14am On May 19, 2013
The infinix joypad specs are not real at all. My RAM is 336MB, internal memory storage is 1GB & internal Sd card storage is 2.56GB

(1) (Reply)

To Charge The Infinix Note 4 Pro's Xpen, Did You Know? / Black Friday On Jumia On 25th Of Nov. 2016 / Check Out The New Nokia 1 Smartphone That Cost Just N30,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.