Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,920 members, 7,806,675 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread (16028 Views)

Kano Pillars Wins Nigeria League (NPFL) For The Third Successive Time. / Keshi Draws Vs Kano Pillars / Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by honeric01(m): 11:18am On Mar 11, 2013
This thread is for the current NPFL champions, the leader of the Nigerian league, the best club in the NPFL, the most entertaining club in the NPFL, you just can't discard this club when talking about the Nigerian league. they remain the best.

2009 Champions League
They are also nicknamed "Ahly Killers" as they scored 2 magnificent goals in Egypt and drew with Al-Ahly Cairo in Egypt 2-2 and 1-1 in Nigeria, so the Ahly killers went to the Group Stage in the African Champions League on the away goals rule. They made it to the semifinals before being eliminated against fellow Nigerian team Heartland F.C.
[edit]Achievements

Nigerian Premier League: 2
2008, 2012.
National Second Division: 1
Nigerian FA Cup: 0
Nigerian Super Cup: 0
[edit]Performance in CAF competitions

CAF Champions League: 2 appearances
2009 - Semi-Finals
2011 - First Round

Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by honeric01(m): 11:19am On Mar 11, 2013
Club's website: http://kanopillars.com/

Founded in 1990 from the combination of WRECA FC, Kano Golden Stars and Bank of the North FC, Kano Pillars achieved outstanding success by winning the 2007/08 Nigerian Premier League. Kano Pillars produced players like Abiodun Baruwa who has since played for Swiss, Austrian, Welsh and British Clubs and Sani Kaita who later plays for Sparta Rotterdam in the Netherlands. Another Prominent player is Ahmed Garba 'Yaro Yaro' who later plays for Akademisk Boldklub in Denmark. It was registered as a limited liability company with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria, and then registered with the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) as a professional football club.

Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by honeric01(m): 11:23am On Mar 11, 2013
Current Players

No. Position Player
1 GK Nobas Omoregie
2 DF Isaac Hélé Hélé
3 DF Joseph Atang Thompson
6 DF Babale Alaye
7 DF Shagari Shehu
8 DF Moses Ogaga
9 FW Mohammed Gambo
11 FW Kwame Amoah
12 MF Rabiu Muhammad
13 FW Victor Namo
14 MF Kingsley Elechi
14 MF Reuben Gabriel
15 FW Augustine Akpehe
16 MF Olabisi Adewu
18 DF Hillary Chukwu
19 FW Hassan Baballe Yahuza
20 FW Manir Ubale
22 GK Theophilus Afelo
No. Position Player
23 FW Bertrand Lekama
25 FW Dominic Duku
26 FW Sani Ahmed
27 MF Michael Okoyo
28 MF Abdullahi Abubakar
29 FW Jerome David
30 FW Aliyu Bawu
31 DF Nazifi Ammani
32 MF Alhaji Mohammed
33 FW Sunday Oboh
35 DF Harouna Ide
36 FW Habibu Yunusa
37 MF Munzali Yusuf
38 FW Anthony Kelechi
40 GK Sani Haliru
- DF Papa Idris
- FW Victor Barnabas
- FW Yusef Siman
Staff
Head Coach
Mohammed Baba Ganaru
Technical Adviser
Chairman
Alhaji Abba Galadima

Former players

Umar Zongo
Obinna Ajoku
Akin Akinsehinde
Benedict Atule
Rabiu Baita
Abiodun Baruwa
Ayuba Choji
Ndubisi "Wo-Wo" Chukunyere
Abdulrazak Ekpoki
Arinze Ewenike
Abdul Iyodo
Sani Kaita
Bello Musa Kofarmata
Francis Kumbur
Suraju Lukman
Yakubu Rabiu Mallam
Obi Moneke
Ahmed Musa
Emmanuel Nwachi
Sunday Oboh
Francis Okamo
Solomon Okpako
Emmanuel Omoyinmi
Abdulwasiu Showemimo
Abbas "Solar" Auwalu

Notable coaches

Malik Jabir (2008–) (Technical Adviser)
Ahmed Pele Abdu
Ladan Bosso
Baba Ganaru
Kadiri Ikhana (1991), (1997–98), (2007–08)
Ivo Sajh (2009)
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by honeric01(m): 11:26am On Mar 11, 2013
Last season's table.

New season's stats: (2012/2013)

Next 2 Fixtures Venue
20/03 vs Bayelsa United Home
24/03 vs Akwa United Away

Last 2 Results
10/03 Wikki Tourists 0 - 1 Kano Pillars
02/03 Olympique Bangui 0 - 0 Kano Pillars

Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by honeric01(m): 11:34am On Mar 11, 2013
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by bigboyk(m): 5:38pm On Mar 11, 2013
Am I first?
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 11, 2013
bigboyk: Am I first?

Yes, you are cool
Kudos to honeric for creating this thread.
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by Afam4eva(m): 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
[size=14pt]Kano Pillars were the first club in the history of Nigeria to win a league in the board room. Thumbs up to pillars.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
Now very interested in the NPL dz season
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by NessaFresh(f): 5:43pm On Mar 11, 2013
Very formidable team
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by lafuria1(m): 5:43pm On Mar 11, 2013
sai kano pillars, mazu gida

1 Like

Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by aminho(m): 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
thats my team men!!! We have a team,money,refs,fans history and not 4geting that we also have the best stadium in the league and also the best website
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by bigboyk(m): 5:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
CFCfan:

Yes, you are cool
Kudos to honeric for creating this thread.
Yes! Nice thread. To celebrate my achievement, please order for your favourite drink. Drink's on me.

1 Like

Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by lafuria1(m): 5:46pm On Mar 11, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]Kano Pillars were the first club in the history of Nigeria to win a league in the board room. Thumbs up to pillars.[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin , i don laff tire, blame dolphins for not honoring a game in bauchi. well i have to admit the decision favored them because there was no way they would have won at sunshine stars which was their final must win game. after the decision, the game wasn't important anymore.

1 Like

Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by bethnals: 5:52pm On Mar 11, 2013
Ko da me ka zo an fika cool cool
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by honeric01(m): 6:02pm On Mar 11, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]Kano Pillars were the first club in the history of Nigeria to win a league in the board room. Thumbs up to pillars.[/size]

Stop whining, you need to grow up, they were as good as winning the league until Ocean boys palava came up. they won matches they needed to win. Rangers got a 3 points walk over from ocean boys because ocean boys didn't honor games, hence the reason it affected their points as soon as all Ocean boys's games were canceled by the board and automatic relegation was given to them.

So Afam, grow up and stop this your tribal attack on Pillars.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by Afam4eva(m): 6:04pm On Mar 11, 2013
honeric01:

Stop whining, you need to grow up, they were as good as winning the league until Ocean boys palava came up. they won matches they needed to win. Rangers got a 3 points walk over from ocean boys before they didn't honor the game, hence the reason it affected their points as soon as all Ocean boys's games were canceled by the board and automatic relegated was given to them.

So Afam, grow up and stop this your tribal attack on Pillars.
Come again pls...when did football become tribal?
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by honeric01(m): 6:09pm On Mar 11, 2013
Afam4eva:
Come again pls...when did football become tribal?

Afam4eva:
For some reason, i feel Northerners [/b]know how to pull the crowd.

Afam4eva:
[b]Why you no go prefer Kano pillars
jersey tongue

I am no baby bro, you don't have to spell milk before i know you want some. so let Pillars be abegi.
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by Afam4eva(m): 6:12pm On Mar 11, 2013
honeric01:

I am no baby bro, you don't have to spell milk before i know you want some. so let Pillars be abegi.
I think you're becoming childish. How does any of my utterance suggest that i'm tribalistic against pillars? So, if i don't support a club it means that i'm tribal against them. It's because of people like you that Nigeria is the way it is. Everything for you people is tribal. I wonder if a man U fan says something about a Barca fan, it will also be seen as tribal. Just admit that you have goofed and move on. This is laughable. SMH
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by honeric01(m): 6:17pm On Mar 11, 2013
Afam4eva:
I think you're becoming childish. How does any of my utterance suggest that i'm tribalistic against pillars? So, if i don't support a club it means that i'm tribal against them. It's because of people like you that Nigeria is the way it is. Everything for you people is tribal. I wonder if a man U fan says something about a Barca fan, it will also be seen as tribal. Just admit that you have goofed and move on. This is laughable. SMH

Man, you can't hide your tribalist nature and anytime you type, it's written all over it. this is not about not supporting a club afterall,there are 18 more clubs in the league but which one is "northerner", "board room politics" bla bla bla? you're actually the one who's sounding tribal, i am from the south, yet i support pillars, so that has canceled any tribal allegation you have on me unlike you who's trying to paint Pillar's triumph with negative vices. just drop it, it won't get you far!

BTW, Before Pillars is from the northern part does not make them northerners because we have southerners in the team so stop referring to them as "northerners", it's divisive.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by Afam4eva(m): 6:21pm On Mar 11, 2013
honeric01:

Man, you can't hide your tribalist nature and anytime you type, it's written all over it. this is not about not supporting a club afterall,they are 18 more clubs in the league but which one is "northerner", "board room politics" bla bla bla? you're actually the way who's so tribal, i am from the south, yet i support pillars, so that has canceled any tribal allegation you have on me unlike you who's trying to paint Pillar's triumph with negative vices. just drop it, it won't get you far!

BTW, Before Pillars is from the northern part does not make them northerners because we have southerners in the team so stop referring to them as "northerners", it's divisive.

It's a shame that you construe my innocent comment to be tribal. Isn't it commonsensical that because kano Pillars won the league ahead of my team the last time that i should be against them? Are all the other 17 teams, Igbo teams? You see that you've goofed once again. You can contrue anything you like about my comments but God knows that as far as football is concerned, i support my own and pray that my rival loses.
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by honeric01(m): 6:22pm On Mar 11, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's a shame that you construe my innocent comment to be tribal. Isn't it commonsensical that because kano Pillars won the league ahead of my team the last time that i should be against them? Are all the other 17 teams, Igbo teams? You see that you've goofed once again. You can contrue anything you like about my comments but God knows that as far as football is concerned, i support my own and pray that my rival loses.

Then please make this strictly football and stop the "northerner" stuff abeg.
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by Afam4eva(m): 6:23pm On Mar 11, 2013
honeric01:

Then please make this strictly football and stop the "northerner" stuff abeg.
And where did you see northerner in my statement?
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by honeric01(m): 6:25pm On Mar 11, 2013
Afam4eva:
And where did you see northerner in my statement?

You no dey see again ni abi dem use aboliki rub you for face? it's in your quote. anyways, let's move forward, it's not worth it.
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by chakula: 6:26pm On Mar 11, 2013
grin grin Mr honeric01,

Kano Pillers motto should be MASU GIDA not the way you put.

Thank you. grin
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by honeric01(m): 6:26pm On Mar 11, 2013
Fact Box
2012 Champions: Kano Pillars
2012 Top Scorer: Sibi Gwar (Niger Tornadoes) - 16 goals
2012 Federation Cup Winners: Heartland 2-1 Lobi Stars
Most League Championships: Enyimba FC ,Enugu Rangers(6 titles)
2011 Nigeria FA Cup winners: Heartland 1-0 Enyimba
Most FA Cup titles: Shooting Stars (8 titles)
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by honeric01(m): 6:28pm On Mar 11, 2013
chakula: grin grin Mr honeric01,

Kano Pillers motto should be MASU GIDA not the way you put.

Thank you. grin

Lol, my bad, i have corrected it, please what does it mean? wink
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by Afam4eva(m): 6:28pm On Mar 11, 2013
honeric01:

You no dey see again ni abi dem use aboliki rub you for face? it's in your quote. anyways, let's move forward, it's not worth it.
You make an allegation and you can't provide proof to back it up. next time don't start what you can't finish.
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by Agrika: 6:33pm On Mar 11, 2013
Mr. Honeric kindly do the honorable thing by shutting up, it is o.k if you want to promote your thread but you mus'nt make it tribal before it gains attention.
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by honeric01(m): 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2013
Afam4eva:
You make an allegation and you can't provide proof to back it up. next time don't start what you can't finish.

Afam4eva::

For some reason, i feel Northerners [/b]know how to pull the crowd.

Just let it slide.
Re: Kano Pillars Football Club (Masu Gida) Fan Thread by honeric01(m): 6:36pm On Mar 11, 2013
Agrika: Mr. Honeric kindly do the honorable thing by shutting up, it is o.k if you want to promote your thread but you mus'nt make it tribal before it gains attention.

Kindly keep your mouth shut if you do not know the genesis of what is on ground, it's better you watch from afar or comment when you're asked. it's not my thread, it's a thread for every Pillars supporter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fresh! $40,000 Disappears From NFF Office / Oliseh Rejects ‘top’ African Nation’s Offer [PHOTOS] / Jay-jay Okocha Celebrates His 43rd Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.