Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,774 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos (15535 Views)

Letter To Abobaku - Ooni Of Ife, The Sacrificial Lamb / Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years / A Sacrificial Ram Sacrificed Its Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:27pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hm! Yummy, the sacrifice has been accepted. He's the rep of the gods.
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2013
Nothing will happen to him
During the war,my uncle told me people killed and ate the sacrificial chickens and goats that walk around some sacred river and him and other teens killed and ate fish from the same river against the known customs.nothing happened.
Let the beggar just pray over the plate of food and eat to his satisfaction.
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2013
What is sad about it, the state of the man or the fact he is eating sacrificial food?

I have an aunt in her late 70's/80's that is in the habit of packing sacrificial food whenever and wherever she drives into them especially raw plantain. She says she is the deity that whoever dropped the food is worshipping.

Now this aunty get money wella wella. So what's the pity about?
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2013
Okija_juju:

If this were tithe and offering that is being pocketed by one man, would you say the same thing?!

Can a Mad man ever have access to Church Offering and tithe?!

Atleast the gods are indirectly feeding the helpless..

No bring mouth near my business again o!! Go face your NURTWs their problem for Ondo State.

The issue I'm asking is why the so called gods are not eating the food. . .I guess the gods would have preferred KFC to that oily chicken in the clay pot.
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
This is what the Bible says in I Corinthians 8
[size=18pt]

4 So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “An idol is nothing at all in the world” and that “There is no God but one.”
5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”),
6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.[/size]

Nothing dey happen!
Let him just lay hands and start munching
I hope they left him fanta or coke to wash it down

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
Sharwama embarassed
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
Food fit for a king. Abeg bros carry go jor! free food dropped by a mumu grin
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
blink182: What is sad about it, the state of the man or the fact he is eating sacrificial food?

I have an aunt in her late 70's/80's that is in the habit of packing sacrificial food whenever and wherever she drives into them especially raw plantain. She says she is the deity that whoever dropped the food is worshipping.

Now this aunty get money wella wella. So what's the pity about?

That your aunty na correct Warri woman.
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by successcertain: 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
lobatan the gods has eaten up the sacrifice prayer done answer grin Remind me of a junior school friend of mine his my name is Akebo
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
Realest123: If you live in Nigeria, then you should be familiar with this. Often times we see these plates filled with food and left on the side of the road. It's called Ebó - a ritual offering or sacrifice as dictated by divination, which sometimes involves the offerings of cooked foods.

This homeless man was seen yesterday at Bakara Junction, Palm Groove, Lagos feeding on ritual food and even packing the rest inside a Nylon. Sad!

Publicity Hazard! What have you done to help em?

Very sad! I trash healthy reasonable amount of food all the time knowing there's people out there starving to death. Very sad.

Dear Lord, if you can't make everybody rich and wealthy pls make them at least ok or average pls sad
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by milky200(m): 5:48pm On Mar 11, 2013
My Bible tell me Birds neither toy or work but God provided for them, weather homeless or without food he pray for daily bread and God answer his request my Guy ENJOY your self to the fullness (is were someone is working that is were he/she eat from that why they call it WORKSHOP) so let them continue to put more for him OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Osyxcel(m): 5:51pm On Mar 11, 2013
AB$I:
Coincidentally i'm watching a documentary on the repercussion of doing such. I pity this man has his days r now being monitored by principalities&power to further d advancement of spiritists,medium,sorcerers, witches,wizards,ximotas, asheteroths etc

Baba na lie jor, no dey bobo us....na spirits dey chop d food? Person no see food chop, U talk say make e no chop, make d guy chop dey go jor....
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Osyxcel(m): 5:54pm On Mar 11, 2013
successcertain: lobatan the gods has eaten up the sacrifice, prayer done answer. grin Reminds me of a junior school friend of mine, his name is Akebo

Lwkmd....
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by busar(m): 5:55pm On Mar 11, 2013
During my primary school days,i saw an "ebo" made with new coins.D coins are many but i dare not touch it.I didn't see it there when i was coming back from school in the afternoon,l knew someone that doesn't giv a dam will have taken it.
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 11, 2013
jeddyMay: MY God shall supply all my needs grin cheesy grin

LMAO grin
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Clemzy16(m): 6:07pm On Mar 11, 2013
The picture doesn't looks real. It seems more like a hoax to me.
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by vykte(m): 6:27pm On Mar 11, 2013
timpaker: Fashola is working. do people still do that shit in this dispensation?
Ur brain is moribund
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Tjohnnay: 6:34pm On Mar 11, 2013
AB$I:
Coincidentally i'm watching a documentary on the repercussion of doing such. I pity this man has his days r now being monitored by principalities&power to further d advancement of spiritists,medium,sorcerers, witches,wizards,ximotas, asheteroths etc
where did u watch d documentary, cn u gv me d link
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by crackhouse(m): 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
@poster, so you carry camera dey waka the whole lagos dey snap mad people, abi?. Well done o, i don dey see ur handwork o.

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by bornosheikh: 6:52pm On Mar 11, 2013
Betta than politicians that feed on sacrificial corpses of Nigerians in the name of dem all crazy! (aka democracy)
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Idowuogbo(f): 6:57pm On Mar 11, 2013
Correct! Na to shyte better shyte remain. Chop on bros! Nothing do u! Baba God noni! Handle d fuku and abodi wey dia joor! grin grin cheesy
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
do people still believe in this stuff ? allow the man to enjoy the free food
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by lao(f): 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2013
It is not only in Nigeria you see sacrificial food. I was surprised myself when I saw sacrifical food in canada. An indian guy was doing this in broad daylight on a T junction. The only thing is that his was eaten by squirrels.
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by 4kmukina: 7:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
free2ryhme: This is a common occurrence in lagos. Why make an issue of it. Some lagosians are into sacrifical things

exactly. i started noticing it when i came to lag. They place them at any available T-junction. food with oil, egg, all sorts of cooked fud. i was suprised to see a woman standing on top oke-afa bridge dressed like cele church members throwing eggs into the canal near the ikeja bomb victims burial ground. If not that i was rushing a pregnant woman in labour to hospital around 1am, i wuld av brush her into the canal. wicked ppl!
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by AK481(m): 7:40pm On Mar 11, 2013
ok,thats cool n nice says everyone bt how many of you can eat it?
dat reminds me of the questn;who will be the cat?
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 7:54pm On Mar 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

The issue I'm asking is why the so called gods are not eating the food. . .I guess the gods would have preferred KFC to that oily chicken in the clay pot.

The gods knew that this man would eventually pass this place and left the food for him..

The gods work in mysterious ways..

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by redsun(m): 8:05pm On Mar 11, 2013
This is why African religion is more practical,it connects with the people and it tend to solve momentary problem. Unlike the case of Christianity and Islam that benefits only the con pastors and imans,while the mugu adherents wait eternally for the salvation that will never come. Some even blow themselves up,expecting to have some virgin obos that they chronically lack on earth,upstairs.

Yeye people.

2 Likes

Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Abrantie: 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2013
Realest123: If you live in Nigeria, then you should be familiar with this. Often times we see these plates filled with food and left on the side of the road. It's called Ebó - a ritual offering or sacrifice as dictated by divination, which sometimes involves the offerings of cooked foods.

This homeless man was seen yesterday at Bakara Junction, Palm Groove, Lagos feeding on ritual food and even packing the rest inside a Nylon. Sad!

This is so depressing. Nigeria, a country of contradictions. I don't think I have been in any major city and saw prepared meals just laid out on the streets for gods.
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Ilekokonit: 9:00pm On Mar 11, 2013
Shame on ALL the politicians from Local Govt to State to Federal level and to Civil Servants including the Minister for Health and those in charge of Poverty Alleviation who have ALL FAILED in their duty of caring for the poor in all 36 states and many like this man who are mentally ill and should be nursed back to health by the state for free.

If the man in his disturbed state is killed by a speeding car, the funny thing is that there will be no outrage and people will keep manouvering their cars around the dead body in order to drive to Silverbird Cinema to have a good time.

What a country where the so called middle classes have lost their sense of justice and outrage in the face of barbaric treatment of their fellow human by the ruling Kleptocrats.
Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:09pm On Mar 11, 2013
Le Ostrich:

what is sad is the ediot who thinks letting food rot in the name of feeding a diety or god will bring him/her prosperity.

Guy! dine on.

When I was in boarding house we used to sneek out to a river close by.

One day we stayed late up till about 6pm and where able to witness a ritual offering going on.

The voodoo priest or whatever they are called asked the magga to bring canned food including several bottles of coke and a chicken to be thrown into the river as offering.

By co-incidence the next day (being a saturday) we went to the river bank and as the case maybe there was a low tide and the river bank had receded several metres and lo and behold where canned foods (baked beans, sardines, gesha, corned beef, sweet corn , etc).

Being the semi-starved boarding students we naturally helped ourselves to the offerings that had stuck to the mud bank.

We made it a habbit to visit the river bank early each morning when the tide was low to scavenge for "offerings".

Boarding house come sweet no be small.

Soon, the voodoo priests aka 419ers caught hold and switched their offering site. We found out as soon as they switched until they finally changed their river god.

I love religion.

[size=16pt]YOU ST.UPID MAN! THE SACRIFICE IS A SYMBOLIC GESTURE OF GIVING TOWARDS THE SPIRITUAL FORCES IN RETURN FOR GOOD GUIDANCE FROM THEM! YOU DONT KNOW ANY SUCH MATTERS SO SHUT THE HELL UP!
THE SPIRITS DO NOT EAT THE FOOD! MUMU![/size] angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
[size=16pt]ITS SICKENING TO SEE THESE SLAVE-BORN NIGERIANS TALK USELESS THINGS ABOUT SUPERSTITIONS INSTEAD OF THANKING THE TRADITIONALISTS FOR FEEDING THE POOR AND NEEDY!

DO YOU THINK WE ARE THAT STU.PID THAT WE ARE NOT WARE WHO TAKES THE FOOD? THIS IS SACRIFICE! IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE END RESULT OF THE FOOD!

TI IS JUST A SYMBOLIC GESTURE OF US GIVING WHAT WE HAVE INORDER TO GAIN GOOD RETURNS FROM THE SPIRITUAL REALM![/size]

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 11, 2013
Looks like you need some of the sacrificial food yourself ,you seem low on sugar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pic Of Nairaland Celeb In Niger Delta Swamp.(oildorado) / Who Owns Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki Lagos? / How Many Triangles Are There!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.