Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France - Education (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France (78761 Views)

2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarship Scheme For Msc, Phd And Undergraduate Programmes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Izontubo(m): 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
manaja87: This is the copy of d message from ptdf:
PRE INDUCTION NOTICE ON SUBMISSION OF ADMISION LETTERS

To ensure that we timely process and send proof of funding letters to each scholar’s university, we invite all the successful candidates for the PTDF 2014 MSc scholarship to kindly fill out the online form at the following URL:
Before completing the form, please be sure that your name is on our list of successful candidates and that you have obtained an offer of admission in accordance with the PTDF recommended list of courses and universities.

Kindly complete the form timely while carefully following all the instructions provided therein.

Thank you.

Mr Arugu

For PTDF OSS TEAM

CC: GM Education & Training, HOD Education Division

who is this mr arugu... ..juist recieved a message from him..
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by oieda: 8:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
Don't fill. GM, Education and training. Is there any department like that? Check the address if it is a mail is it from the official email address? The form is it on www.ptdf.gov.ng?if not, SCAM
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 6:10am On Sep 20, 2014
Depends on d content of d message, but we're all contacted by Aguru.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 6:18am On Sep 20, 2014
What's the content of the message you're sent? When was it sent? Are u sure u ain't having a delayed message? However, we all were contacted by Mr Arugu, so I can't say it's a scam or not. We can only consider d content of the message and infer.

Are u a scholar? Did u attend d induction at Abuja from 10th-15th August? Are u recently contacted probably due to other scholars not accepting the award?

Give details pls.

Izontubo: please house i just recieved an inbox message via sms...from ptdf..from a man called mr aguru...is it a scam message or its for real??...please i need every ones attention...i want to be sure....
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Izontubo(m): 11:30am On Sep 20, 2014
catchdwind4rmkd: What's the content of the message you're sent? When was it sent? Are u sure u ain't having a delayed message? However, we all were contacted by Mr Arugu, so I can't say it's a scam or not. We can only consider d content of the message and infer.

Are u a scholar? Did u attend d induction at Abuja from 10th-15th August? Are u recently contacted probably due to other scholars not accepting the award?

Give details pls.

I didn't attend d induction bt I did write d ptdf exam...are u sure ptdf does forward scholarship award from persons who declined such award to other persons?...does that happen..? ?...

The sms reads...
Pls come for your ptdf msc award, if u have an admission letter use the link..........

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 10:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
YES, 100% SURE!!!

It's authentic if that was d content of d message.

Some scholars did ask about such, even pointing that some persons in their states didn't show up; and PTDF reps explained that other applicants with next high scores with be contacted to fill their position.

We're all contacted by Mr. Arugu for PTDF. Some scholars didn't show up, while others couldn't secure admissions. So, u may just be lucky as your prayers must have been answered.

PS: always give a try to all opportunities even if u suspect fraud, but will extreme caution. Never pay any amount of money for any recruitment or selection process.

Izontubo: I didn't attend d induction bt I did write d ptdf exam...are u sure ptdf does forward scholarship award from persons who declined such award to other persons?...does that happen..? ?...

The sms reads...
Pls come for your ptdf msc award, if u have an admission letter use the link..........
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Izontubo(m): 11:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
catchdwind4rmkd: YES, 100% SURE!!!

Some scholars did ask about such, even pointing that some persons in their states didn't show up; and PTDF reps explained that other applicants with next high scores with be contacted to fill their position.

We're all contacted by Mr. Arugu for PTDF. Some scholars didn't show up, while others couldn't secure admissions. So, u may just be lucky as your prayers must have been answered.

PS: always give a try to all opportunities even if u suspect fraud, but will extreme caution. Never pay any amount of money for any recruitment or selection process.

thanks bro...let me hope and see how it goes...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by naijadamorela: 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2014
good day bruv. Am a part 5 student of chemical engineering in a federal university OAU. It would be a blessing to me to get the PDTF scholarship. I av also been considering drilling and well engineering at Robert Gordon. I wld like to know how we can chat personally so you can enlighten a junior brother on some things. Also I did not see petroleum/drilling as one of the scholarship courses on the PDTF site. Thank you very much as you consider boo
catchdwind4rmkd:
Is there anyone here who is or knows someone who is going to MANCHESTER UNIVERSITY for REFINERY DESIGN AND OPERATION?

I am made to understand that the course name has been changed to ADVANCED PROCESS INTEGRATION AND DESIGN, which is more attractive than the refinery thing. I was skeptical about going to Manchester coz I felt the refinery course was restrictive, but with the new course name, one will have broader opportunities and application. However, I wish to be sure that others who applied for MSc REFINERY DESIGN AND OPERATION are in the same shoe as I as per change of course name. I hope PTDF is aware of this change? Maybe we should put a call through to them on this.

Days are counting on, and we still haven't created a solid network of scholars who will be attending the same course and/or school.

It will be nice to start the group work here, so that we can only improve on that once we get there.

I'm sure so many persons, like I, are still fighting with the course choice as well as the decision of leaving job for school; however, I advise you make up your mind early enough and start refocusing your mind from work to academics if you must excel in your academics, rather than spend the time deliberating on decisions, you can divert it into preparing yourself for the new challenge.

Trust me, you will have different views, and the more will be that you should keep your job and forget the MSc. But be very sure that your final decision is what you really want coz it's your future. I won't add to your worries by saying my view, but you should decide what you want early enough and move on.

Let's see if you have a worse case than mine:

I am a Chemical Engineering graduate (2009)
All my experience, from IT to date has been in the Petroleum Sector. I have about 2years 7months experience in Cementing, an operation that's part of the Well Drilling and Completions Operations.
I applied for this scholarship in 2013 when I had just about a year experience, and so was at more advantage with the selected course.
But today I feel like the course is no longer relevant to me.
And I wish to change it to Drilling and Well Engineering at RGU, and many have given me the hope that the change is possible.
Yet I still have to worry about the fact that this course change will limit me to just drilling operations and subject me to more of field work, and this was my fear initially with Refinery Design and Operation.
So, I ask myself, what kind of career do I really want? Do I really enjoy the kind of job I'm doing? What happens after study? Which course gives you more advantage in the market? ETC

I bet you have your various suggestions, advices, and opinions about this, but I must say I have heard plenty of those, and it came down to one fact; IT'S ALL ABOUT ME..........

So, you better make that decision yourself, so you don't go blaming people for advising you wrongly. However, listen to people's contribution and use them wisely to draw your conclusions.

In all, LET GOD ALMIGHTY HAVE HIS WAY.... For we no not what tomorrow may bear... All we know is that we'll meet an expected end...
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 4:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
Send me a personal message on nairaland and I'll reply with my contact details.

naijadamorela:
good day bruv. Am a part 5 student of chemical engineering in a federal university OAU. It would be a blessing to me to get the PDTF scholarship. I av also been considering drilling and well engineering at Robert Gordon. I wld like to know how we can chat personally so you can enlighten a junior brother on some things. Also I did not see petroleum/drilling as one of the scholarship courses on the PDTF site. Thank you very much as you consider boo
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by doggedemmy(m): 7:20pm On Nov 18, 2014
Good day to the house. I'm an industrial chemistry graduate of UNIBEN, hoping to finish service by june 2015. It would be a great blessing to me if I get the ptdf scholarship, I need to know some things:1. Can I apply for environmental engineering or any related course with my degree? 2. Can I use NECO in lieu of WAEC for english language proficiency? Please I need help, I'm just a "fresher"!
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 20, 2015
please when will the form be available this year? I am really interested.
Thanks to u all.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Damscrob(m): 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
Abeg Answer to these question......I am an undergraduate...UNIBEN...300L CHEM ENGINE....i'm a PTDF scholar and we were given Award letter and laptops today...what is the next step please ?..the conditions were clearly stated on the award letter but the payment has not being done yet....I need Answer Abeg...

C.C. lalasticala, ishilove, introvert
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Damscrob(m): 11:29pm On Aug 10, 2015
SSGUniport:
Damscrob

I know you have a PTDF gas chair in your school, and he'll be in the best position to tell you what the next step is.

If things haven't changed, I believe the next step will be the opening of a current account with Firstbank followed by the submission of official spreadsheets/ result statements showing your CGPA till date, remember you need to maintain a yearly CGPA OF 3.0 else you'll forfeit your pay.

Bro to be frank with you, the money might take as long as 7 or 8 months before they get to you, so no begin budget put for the money.

I wrote PTDF LSS early 2009, got my Laptop and Award Letter early 2011, got paid my Year 2 and Year 3 payments towards the end of 2011. Around May/June of 2012 I was paid Year 4, and the Final payment came a month before I went to NYSC Camp.

I hope this helps you... Cheers.

thanks a lot Bros.......But it was not stated on the admission letter on how we will go about the first bank ish...dem only state the money and the condition...will they give us anything aside the award letter again?...or na the school go tell us to do the first bank ish on a later date?.....i'm confused...man need money o..man don broke anyhw...
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Damscrob(m): 11:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
SSGUniport:
Damscrob

I know you have a PTDF gas chair in your school, and he'll be in the best position to tell you what the next step is.

If things haven't changed, I believe the next step will be the opening of a current account with Firstbank followed by the submission of official spreadsheets/ result statements showing your CGPA till date, remember you need to maintain a yearly CGPA OF 3.0 else you'll forfeit your pay.

Bro to be frank with you, the money might take as long as 7 or 8 months before they get to you, so no begin budget put for the money.

I wrote PTDF LSS early 2009, got my Laptop and Award Letter early 2011, got paid my Year 2 and Year 3 payments towards the end of 2011. Around May/June of 2012 I was paid Year 4, and the Final payment came a month before I went to NYSC Camp.

I hope this helps you... Cheers.

thanks a lot Bros.......But it was not stated on the admission letter on how we will go about the first bank ish...dem only state the money and the condition...will they give us anything aside the award letter again?...or na the school go tell us to do the first bank ish on a later date?.....i'm confused...man need money o..man don broke anyhw...
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Damscrob(m): 11:44pm On Aug 10, 2015
SSGUniport:
That's where your gas chair comes in...

They'll send you an SMS when they need the account details and CGPA.

Thanks a million....is it a week after you are given the system they will send it to you...or dat very week?...#lastquestion#
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Damscrob(m): 11:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
SSGUniport:
I no fit remember exactly, but it took like 4weeks or so. Yours might be shorter grin cheesy wink

Thanks Bro for the info..i'm not ungrateful.....thanks....

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by sawyer89: 8:49pm On Sep 02, 2015
SSGUniport:
Hello Bro, Please, how can I contact you. I need your assistance and clarification.
Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Damscrob(m): 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2015
how do i get to use PTDF LSS AWARD letter for undergraduates?...frm UNIBEN,400L CHEMICAL ENGINEERING..
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by wilyparker(m): 3:58am On Oct 29, 2015
catchdwind4rmkd:
YES, 100% SURE!!!

please can we chat on WhatsApp? 08038769771
I applied for this year's ptdf scholarship lss but dn't apply for any msc program cos the scholarship is for 2016/2017 session and schools in Nigeria currently offer admission for 2015/2016 session I'm confuse
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by iamtoyosi(m): 10:48am On Jan 05, 2016
Pls existing scholars, I applied for Applied Instrumentation and Control,and I've been shortlisted. Any useful information on how to prepare will be really appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). / University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group / How Catholic Seminarians Write Examination (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.