Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France (78760 Views)

2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarship Scheme For Msc, Phd And Undergraduate Programmes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by abbakacici: 2:26pm On Jun 01, 2013
Assalaffiy: Wen is the test date for MSc Oversea scholarship
ptdf have new ES so the staff are not sure when is the test yet. But it will be on saturday. And most probably in june so may 8 15 23 or 30 june
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by abbakacici: 8:52am On Jun 11, 2013
PTDF, the Executive Secretary,  Muttaqua Rabe Darma, an engineer, noted that the agency may not grant scholarships for overseas Master’s Degree Programmes beginning from 2013.

“We have been able to train enough PhD holders’ presently in oil and gas related courses offered in the upgraded Nigerian universities to handle Masters programme requirements of Nigerians.

“PTDF is an intervention agency set up by the Federal Government to consider and develop human, material and institutional capability and capacity in the oil and gas sector,” he said.

He disclosed further that the agency got 11,000 applications for scholarships this year alone and that out of the number, only 7,000 were qualified for the selection stage.

Darma said: “Because of what we are doing, by September this year, we will have over 100 Doctors of Philosophy (PhD) holders coming back to Nigeria and going into these universities that we have upgraded.

“We so much believe in PTDF that from 2013/2014 session, there will not be overseas scholarships for Masters’ degree programmes except for emerging fields.

“If you want PTDF scholarship for Masters, you have to go to these various universities because the money required to train one person in Nigeria may not be more than N500,000 and if a university in Nigeria gets N500,000 for like say 10 scholars, it would amount to N5million in a year.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Ejb061286(m): 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2013
abbakacici: Part. A 1 opec.2 current affrs 3 basic geology.
God bless! 4 ur selflessness. Pls kindly 4ward it 2 my inbox: johnbekpenyong@yahoo.com
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by eddyland: 3:39pm On Jun 18, 2013
abbakacici: PTDF, the Executive Secretary,  Muttaqua Rabe Darma, an engineer, noted that the agency may not grant scholarships for overseas Master’s Degree Programmes beginning from 2013.

“We have been able to train enough PhD holders’ presently in oil and gas related courses offered in the upgraded Nigerian universities to handle Masters programme requirements of Nigerians.

“PTDF is an intervention agency set up by the Federal Government to consider and develop human, material and institutional capability and capacity in the oil and gas sector,” he said.

He disclosed further that the agency got 11,000 applications for scholarships this year alone and that out of the number, only 7,000 were qualified for the selection stage.

Darma said: “Because of what we are doing, by September this year, we will have over 100 Doctors of Philosophy (PhD) holders coming back to Nigeria and going into these universities that we have upgraded.

“We so much believe in PTDF that from 2013/2014 session, there will not be overseas scholarships for Masters’ degree programmes except for emerging fields.

“If you want PTDF scholarship for Masters, you have to go to these various universities because the money required to train one person in Nigeria may not be more than N500,000 and if a university in Nigeria gets N500,000 for like say 10 scholars, it would amount to N5million in a year.
d abov statment ws made 3 years ago nd has nt taken effect in any way, infact Muttaqua Rabe Darma is no even longer d ptdf executive secretary, so 4 dis 2013, d overseas scholarship holds, odawise it wil be a sueable offence afta alowin smbody 2 apply 4 overseas scholarship, all of a sudden u nw com nd tel him dat u ar sendin him 2 Nigerian versity. Nd nt even a reputabl government parastatal lik ptdf wil want 2 get itself in2 such an unwholesom act.

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by abbakacici: 10:36pm On Jun 19, 2013
eddyland:
d abov statment ws made 3 years ago nd has nt taken effect in any way, infact Muttaqua Rabe Darma is no even longer d ptdf executive secretary, so 4 dis 2013, d overseas scholarship holds, odawise it wil be a sueable offence afta alowin smbody 2 apply 4 overseas scholarship, all of a sudden u nw com nd tel him dat u ar sendin him 2 Nigerian versity. Nd nt even a reputabl government parastatal lik ptdf wil want 2 get itself in2 such an unwholesom act.
and here what the new ES Newly appointed Executive Secretary of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), Oluwole Oluleye, said last week in Abuja that judging by the presentations made to him since assumption of office two weeks ago, the fund is in precarious financial position and may not be able to meet its obligations.

Addressing PTDF staff in Abuja, he concluded that: “All is not well” with organisation.

He said he has so far been briefed by “the Acting Executive Secretary, Jolomi Arenyeka, and held discussions with General Managers of the seven Departments.  From these meetings and documents handed over to me, I now have a fairly good insight into the workings of the organisation, particularly its state of funding.

“The comprehensive hand over note by my predecessor in office detailing the state of the organisation as at November 29, 2012 and the briefing by the former Acting Executive Secretary on its activities between November 29, 2012 and May 16, 2013 when I took over, lead me to conclude that we are in a precarious position and all is not well.

“There are indeed critical challenges presently confronting us. Some of which are dire and fundamental to our corporate existence. Top on the list is the financially poor situation. I have observed that for the first as a fully functional independent agency of government, we might not be able to meet our commitments and obligations if the funding issue is not urgently addressed”.

He explained that “apart from the unsalutory effect of mounting liabilities to contractors, our scholars are frustrated and exposed to the threat of having their studies prematurely terminated as a consequence of delayed remittances of fees and up keep allowances.

“Within the hierarchy of staff is a growing cynicism about careers and career progression in the Fund. All these have culminated in total absence of commitment to duty and a near breakdown of cohesion and camaraderie within the Fund. My first priority therefore is to restore the confidence of my staff, stakeholders and partners by ensuring that we are properly funded to enable us meet our current and future obligations”.

He however assured the workers that the issues that gave rise to the uncertainties in their career progression will be addressed within the shortest possible time, provided they are credible and compelling.

“This is because staff welfare is of utmost importance to me. I therefore expect the co-operation of the Unions with Management to ensure a peaceful working environment”.

He urged the staff to work together for the progress of the fund, an appeal, he stressed, “is a call to duty and everyone must align to that call, as I will be exacting in my demands for hard work from all of you. I firmly believe in discipline and will lead by example”.

Oluleye noted that “as the lead agency for the development of human capital for the oil and gas industry, the (PTDF) is critical to the realisation of Mr. President’s Transformation Agenda as it relates to the Nigerian Content Initiative.

“The Fund will continue to discharge its mandate, but this time in a manner that the impact of its interventions will be measured against the huge financial resources spent on them. It is therefore my intention to review and streamline some of the capacity building programmes to focus on those that will produce tangible results that will make a difference in the ratio of foreign to Nigerian experts’ domination of critical sectors of the petroleum industry”, he added.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Assalaffiy: 9:36am On Jun 20, 2013
thanks for the info.instead of waiting endlessly for a test let alone a scholarship that may never come.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Ejb061286(m): 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2013
abbakacici: and here what the new ES Newly appointed Executive Secretary of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), Oluwole Oluleye, said last week in Abuja that judging by the presentations made to him since assumption of office two weeks ago, the fund is in precarious financial position and may not be able to meet its obligations.

Addressing PTDF staff in Abuja, he concluded that: “All is not well” with organisation.

He said he has so far been briefed by “the Acting Executive Secretary, Jolomi Arenyeka, and held discussions with General Managers of the seven Departments.  From these meetings and documents handed over to me, I now have a fairly good insight into the workings of the organisation, particularly its state of funding.

“The comprehensive hand over note by my predecessor in office detailing the state of the organisation as at November 29, 2012 and the briefing by the former Acting Executive Secretary on its activities between November 29, 2012 and May 16, 2013 when I took over, lead me to conclude that we are in a precarious position and all is not well.

“There are indeed critical challenges presently confronting us. Some of which are dire and fundamental to our corporate existence. Top on the list is the financially poor situation. I have observed that for the first as a fully functional independent agency of government, we might not be able to meet our commitments and obligations if the funding issue is not urgently addressed”.

He explained that “apart from the unsalutory effect of mounting liabilities to contractors, our scholars are frustrated and exposed to the threat of having their studies prematurely terminated as a consequence of delayed remittances of fees and up keep allowances.

“Within the hierarchy of staff is a growing cynicism about careers and career progression in the Fund. All these have culminated in total absence of commitment to duty and a near breakdown of cohesion and camaraderie within the Fund. My first priority therefore is to restore the confidence of my staff, stakeholders and partners by ensuring that we are properly funded to enable us meet our current and future obligations”.

He however assured the workers that the issues that gave rise to the uncertainties in their career progression will be addressed within the shortest possible time, provided they are credible and compelling.

“This is because staff welfare is of utmost importance to me. I therefore expect the co-operation of the Unions with Management to ensure a peaceful working environment”.

He urged the staff to work together for the progress of the fund, an appeal, he stressed, “is a call to duty and everyone must align to that call, as I will be exacting in my demands for hard work from all of you. I firmly believe in discipline and will lead by example”.

Oluleye noted that “as the lead agency for the development of human capital for the oil and gas industry, the (PTDF) is critical to the realisation of Mr. President’s Transformation Agenda as it relates to the Nigerian Content Initiative.

“The Fund will continue to discharge its mandate, but this time in a manner that the impact of its interventions will be measured against the huge financial resources spent on them. It is therefore my intention to review and streamline some of the capacity building programmes to focus on those that will produce tangible results that will make a difference in the ratio of foreign to Nigerian experts’ domination of critical sectors of the petroleum industry”, he added.
These people aint serious. what then was the essence of all the stresses for applicants, if as @ Nov. 2012 they were aware of their critical financial status? Naija!!!!!! well lets just cross our fingers & see how the whole senario will play itself.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by abbakacici: 1:52pm On Jun 20, 2013
You guy just make ur admission letter ready. Because it geting late. Because the only avaiable date for the test now r 29 june 6 and 13 july. Because 20 july be too late.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Stevensonperson(m): 10:15pm On Jun 24, 2013
pls is admission letter a compulsry requirements 4d ptdf scholarship bc me dont v any now o
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by abbakacici: 7:58am On Jun 27, 2013
Stevensonperson: pls is admission letter a compulsry requirements 4d ptdf scholarship bc me dont v any now o
when you pass the test you need admision letter. Because you need to take it to induction
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by emteecve(m): 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2013
pls, does anybody know d ptdf scholarship worth? Is it full tuition+living expenses +etc irrespective of d scul? Or is it a fixed amount of money say 40k pounds being awarded to each scholar?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by SegunMike(m): 9:33pm On Jun 27, 2013
abbakacici: when you pass the test you need admision letter. Because you need to take it to induction

So does it mean PTDF would expect you to have gotten admission before-hand if you are selected?....I thought they are affiliated to only some universities in Uk....
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by abbakacici: 11:16am On Jun 28, 2013
emteecve: pls, does anybody know d ptdf scholarship worth? Is it full tuition+living expenses +etc irrespective of d scul? Or is it a fixed amount of money say 40k pounds being awarded to each scholar?
most uk university tuition fees is btw 13K to 19k. So that plus 5K to 6k for accomodation + 6k as pocket. Plus 2k for laptop and warm cloth. So like 30k.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by abbakacici: 11:18am On Jun 28, 2013
SegunMike:

So does it mean PTDF would expect you to have gotten admission before-hand if you are selected?....I thought they are affiliated to only some universities in Uk....
so you can get the skol you want and any problem u encounted while securing is ur fault not theirs
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by emteecve(m): 8:50pm On Jun 28, 2013
abbakacici: most uk university tuition fees is btw 13K to 19k. So that plus 5K to 6k for accomodation + 6k as pocket. Plus 2k for laptop and warm cloth. So like 30k.
tnx bro. Wat if Im going to a scul like imperial dat tuitn is lyk 26k pounds. Will dey still give 30k or an amount commensurate wif d tuitn? Tnx
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by abbakacici: 11:01am On Jun 29, 2013
emteecve:
tnx bro. Wat if Im going to a scul like imperial dat tuitn is lyk 26k pounds. Will dey still give 30k or an amount commensurate wif d tuitn? Tnx
most people that got admission oxford cambridge LSE LBS imperial have outstanding result. Actual they will get scholarship for the school itself. But if not the PTDF will paid. That 30 am talking about average
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by mrGrAb(m): 8:57pm On Jul 01, 2013
any news abt the test dates yet..
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 04, 2013
Wen is ptdf txt coming pls!
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by abbakacici: 6:51am On Jul 04, 2013
May be next year because this year might be late
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by abbakacici: 11:42am On Jul 06, 2013
The test will be held on 20 or 27th july
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 06, 2013
is July 20 or 27 certain?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by zikalike: 7:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
abbakacici: You guy just make ur admission letter ready. Because it geting late. Because the only avaiable date for the test now r 29 june 6 and 13 july. Because 20 july be too late.
f

PLS ABBAKACICI
Can you give me suggestions on which foreign. School to apply now? &the proceedure.

Mail. me at zikalike2@gmail. com
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by engrfaruq(m): 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
August is almost around the corner, so one month might not be enough to conduct aptitude test and publish the result not to even mention an imduction against september. So I guess may be they shifted it to February but that's my opinion.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by ogaontop(m): 7:00am On Jul 22, 2013
why should they shift it to february, when most schools that offer some of these programs starts in september/october and they have no room for second batch in most programs
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by engrfaruq(m): 10:15am On Jul 23, 2013
SOMEONE TELL ME, IS THIS NEW PTDF ES NOT WILLING TO GIVE OUT SCHOLARSHIP THIS YEAR OR WHAT
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by abbakacici: 2:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
I don't think there will be any test in august
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by JAYJAYPREXY: 10:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
OK IF THERE WONT BE ANY TEST IN AUGUST WHEN WILL THE TEST HOLD THEN? OR THAT MEANS NOT THIS YEAR AGAIN. WHAT BECOMES OF THE SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES AND THE SCRATCH CARD FEES? NO TEY SHOULD NOT DO LIKE THAT BT SOMEONE TOLD ME NOT TO BOTER ABOUT THE DATE THAT THEY WILL CALL US FOR THE TEST WHEN THEY ARE READY AND THAT THEY WONT BELATE , THAT ALL OF US AWARDED THE SCHOLARSHIP WIL MEET UP WT OUR RESPECTIVE RESUMPTION DATES SINCE THEY DONT QUEUE FOR VISAS AT THE EMBASSY. I PRAY THEY ANSWER US ON TIME
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by chidi5(m): 9:25am On Jul 25, 2013
Please they should try and call, its very important to do this fast cos i don't think anyone wants to rush for for visa now. this is d last Saturday in July. We need this now.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Schelube(m): 11:47am On Jul 26, 2013
With the passage of N4.987 trillion as 2013 Amendment bill by the National Assembly yesterday. Lets wait and pray that something will happen in few days time.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by chidi5(m): 11:56am On Jul 26, 2013
Schelube: With the passage of N4.987 trillion as 2013 Amendment bill by the National Assembly yesterday. Lets wait and pray that something will happen in few days time.

this is good news, its just that they should be fast about it, time its running out seriously.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2013
Pls, Wen is d test likely 2 b conducted?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). / University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group / How Catholic Seminarians Write Examination (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.