Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso (11354 Views)

Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship / Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court / Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 11, 2013
Deputy Governor of Imo State, Sir Jude Agbaso is embattled no doubt, but the question is; has he resigned? Will he be impeached? In this interview with JAMES UMEH he debunked reports that he has thrown in the towel. Agbaso also advanced reasons for his travails.

Q: There are many conflicting stories coming out from Imo State about you; kindly tell us what you know?

A: Ordinarily I would not have granted this interview but at this point it has become absolutely necessary that I speak to the people of Imo State who freely, a little less than two years ago gave me their mandate that ushered me in as the deputy governor of Imo state. I owe them a duty at this point in time in the history of our state given what is going on, to let them know what has actually transpired.
It is a known fact that the media are awash with stories of the goings-on in the state.

First of all, let me start by addressing the issue of resignation of the deputy governor of Imo State. I put on record and very categorically that at no point in time have I contemplated ever resigning as deputy governor of Imo state.

As I stated earlier, the mandate was freely and massively given me by the people of Imo State as their deputy governor. I still owe them duties today. I never resigned and I do not intend to resign. I will continue to serve the people of Imo State as long as their mandates subsist.

Q: There is this question about what led to the stories of your resignation and non-resignation and the stories in the public domain now that you are being impeached by the Imo State House of Assembly?

A: The matter borders on the issues of allegations by a construction company that I received bribe money to the tune of N458m. I also want to use this opportunity to state in very clear terms that at no pointin time did I demand N458m or any sum of money at that from any company or contractor whatsoever in Imo state, and a tno time did the contractor J-Pros (Joseph Dina) pay me the cumulative sum of N458m as alleged by him.

Let me state this here how this whole issue started: J-Pros is the contractor that is doing the job on the present day Sam Mbakwe Road. Prior to his commencement of work in Imo State on Sam Mbakwe Road, I never knew the construction company, the owners of the construction company or the major holders of the construction company. They were a company that was introduced to the state by the governor who issued and gave the permission for the award ofthe contract to the tune of 1.5bn. A contract of this magnitude can only be issued through the approval of the governor. Such approval was sought by me as the commissioner in the ministry of works and gotten to award the contract to J-Pros International Limited.

Thereafter in the month of February 2012, while I was away on a state duty in India, the permanent secretary in the ministry of works applied for the final approval of the job (so that the governor will give his final approval for the job of N1.5bn); the governor gave his approval and went beyond and gave the approval for the payment of N1.5bn to the contractor via the ministry of finance and the ministry of works. Incidentally his approval was communicated to the commissioner of finance who instead of routing the N1.5bn tothe coffers of works ministry for onward certification by raising of vouchers to pay to the construction company after due processes would have beenfulfilled, the money was routed through the office of the accountant general and paid directly to the contractor, J-Pros Ltd. So at no point did I give the approval, for the payment of the money. At no point did I communicate the approval of the payment, and at no point did I pay the contractor. So the question that comes to mind: why would this contractor pay me N458m; for doing what? I heard from him when I went to the House of Assembly that he paid me N458m in anticipation of a job that I will offer to him in the local government. I was the commissioner for ministry of works; the commissioner in the ministry of works never issues jobs in the local governments. The chairmen of local governments issue jobs in the local governments. I never issued till date one single contract in any local government. So how could this contractor have paid me in anticipation of something I was not in the position to give? Anyhow, to cut the long story short, he said that I conveyed instructions to him via SMS to his phone in the month of April and the month of June 2012 stating the companies, account numbers and the banks to pay the sum of N235m and the sum of N133m, respectively. I state here, also categorically and the records can be gotten from MTN(the carriers of the mobile network I use) that at no point did I convey to this man, Joseph Dina, via SMS to pay money to me or to any account, any bank, any sum of money whatsoever.

So his story is completely false and spurious and intended to malign my person.

(Continued Below)

1 Like

Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
Also they said the money has been paid to the account he talked about. I think the onus is on the investigative agencies to look at these accounts: N458m is not N458, 000. N458m cannot varnish into the thin air. They should look for the money there; the money must be there.If it is not there, they can put a tracer to the money. It can be traced to the last account it went to. If they forensically check, they can follow the trail of the money into the pocket of who took the money.

My dear people of Imo State, I state here once more that I never asked for this money, I never received this money, and I do not have anything to do with this.

Q: Do you suspect any political set up?

A: I think this whole thing stems from the various players and permutations as to the situationin 2015. I have heard stories about speculations about who runs in 2015 and who doesn’t run. I know there is a subsisting agreement which is in the public domain in Imo State between my elder brother who happens to be a politician and our dear governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, to hand over government to the people of Owerri Zone by 2015. I have heard stories that this has everything to do with what is happening to me now. But I can tell you that it has nothing to do with the person of your deputy governor as we speak. I think sooner or later, this whole story will be unraveled; there will be no need to overheat the system.

All and sundry understands that I have maintained a cordial and robust relationship with the person of His Excellency Owelle Rochas Okorocha. My relationship with him has been most cordial, amiable; there is a serious bond between us. Nobody is fighting with each other.

Q: Can you expatiate more about the political game-plan in 2015 so that we can know why all this is happening?
A: Well I know that my brother has spoken about the agreement between him and the governor to hand over to the Owerri Zone after his tenure. The governor has spoken of the same agreement to hand over to the people of Owerri zone come 2015. Why it is overheating the system in 2013 is what I cannot answer.

But as the rule goes, I think I am just caught in the web between these powerful political players in the state.

Q: What did the House of Assembly ask you and how did you respond when they invited you?

A: The question centered on the allegations that I talked about and I also gave these answers that I have given you now: that at no time was I offered any money by Joseph Dina of J-Pros Limited. And there was no time that I accepted any money whatsoever through any bank account or any other means from Joseph Dina.

Q: Are you aware that some contractors have been harassed and coerced to give confessional statements that they gave money to you?

A: I am not aware yet

Q: Has the governor ever called you to confront you with these allegations?

A: I had spoken with the governor in the presence of the entire Imo State executive about this allegation and we talked about it at length. I also expressed my innocence. He said he believes that I am innocent, that if the House seeks to investigate, that they should investigate those allegations.

Q: When was that?

A: This week (last week).

Q: Have they locked your office?

A: I am not aware of that. I was in my office on Friday. I will also bein my office on Monday (today).

Q: Is it true that the governor has intervened in your saga with the House of Assembly with a view of dropping this allegation?

A: I am not also aware. There is conflicting information and news emanating from all angles.But the one you just raised, I am unaware of.

Q: Contractors have written petitions against you over demanding money for contract awards.

A: I am not aware of petitions from other contractors. If they were, they should have been brought out. The conflict in questions and answers at the panel are self-evident. Some of the events of what transpired 12 months ago; one cannot have a perfect recall. I have dealtwith a lot of people; I have spoken with a lot of people. I still peak with lot contractors. People came from all over the country calling for contracts because the state was given outjobs.

Q: Have you been served any impeachment notice?

A: I have not been served.

Q: The House passed a vote of no confidence on you. Do you think you were not given fair hearing?

A: It appears to be apparently so.

Q: Have you taken any legal action against the contractor who made this allegation?

A: We are in the process of doing that.

Q: Are you part of the APC or are still in APGA?

A: I was elected under the platform of APGA. APC is in the future and we have not gotten there. When we get there, we will know who is in APC and who is in APGA

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/49724/2013/03/11/2015_permutation_behind_my_problem_agbaso.html

1 Like

Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by Maxymilliano(m): 7:16pm On Mar 11, 2013
He failed to provide strong rebuttals as to how the contractor got his phone number, visited his private home in the village and in Owerri. Also, he failed to provide any objective evidence as to why a contractor would have his account number, and no evidence contrary to the amount that was allegedly deposited in his account.

This should be the crux of his response and not the diversionary tactics by bringing up issue of power play.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by Duru1(m): 7:24pm On Mar 11, 2013
Maxymilliano: He failed to provide strong rebuttals as to how the contractor got his phone number, visited his private home in the village and in Owerri. Also, he failed to provide any objective evidence as to why a contractor would have his account number, and no evidence contrary to the amount that was allegedly deposited in his account.

This should be the crux of his response and not the diversionary tactics by bringing up issue of power play.

Are you one of the committee members of Imo State House of Assembly investigating the matter?

4 Likes

Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by momodub: 7:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
winkSir Jude Agbaso we hear you continue you job ooo
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by Maxymilliano(m): 7:43pm On Mar 11, 2013
Duru1:

Are you one of the committee members of Imo State House of Assembly investigating the matter?

The allegations of financial impropriety against him is already in the public domain, but the substance is lacking in his response. I don't need to be one of the committee members of Imo State House of Assembly investigating the matter to spot this...
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by saintvc(m): 7:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
ibo politics
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
This is the Nigerian syndrome, the Governors who are the chief corrupt officers will always want to use their deputies as scape goats.

1 Like

Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by UnknownMember: 7:48pm On Mar 11, 2013
Did anyone here see where he stated that the Company was hand picked by Rochas Okorocha himself!?

Isn't that a crime!?

For a job that big, shouldn't it have passed through the bureau of Public Procurement!?

Was due process followed in awarding the contract!?

Okay na... We dey watch.

3 Likes

Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by vanstanzy(m): 7:50pm On Mar 11, 2013
Whatever!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by Nwaoguta(m): 7:50pm On Mar 11, 2013
saintvc: ibo politics
sharap ewu togo

1 Like

Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by kachy: 7:51pm On Mar 11, 2013
He seems to thrive in controversies. Funny stories about him also came up during their campaign, just before the elections.
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by Libra9(m): 7:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
I av the conviction that he is innocent.
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by kelahns: 7:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
heard the elder brother to this dunce is supposed to be the gunor of the state that rochas paid heavily for the guy to relinguish plus with a pact that this guy will be made a deputy guvnor..SMH for naija...
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by obicentlis: 7:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
This fraud is the least this guy has done. He is not the only one doing it which the Gov isn't aware. the speaker and most member of IMHA are also guilty of this fraud but Jude's own is very outrageous. That guy is desperate, he can do more than that.
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by iamswizz(m): 7:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Deputy Governor of Imo State, Sir Jude Agbaso is embattled no doubt, but the question is; has he resigned? Will he be impeached? In this interview with JAMES UMEH he debunked reports that he has thrown in the towel. Agbaso also advanced reasons for his travails.

Q: There are many conflicting stories coming out from Imo State about you; kindly tell us what you know?

A: Ordinarily I would not have granted this interview but at this point it has become absolutely necessary that I speak to the people of Imo State who freely, a little less than two years ago gave me their mandate that ushered me in as the deputy governor of Imo state. I owe them a duty at this point in time in the history of our state given what is going on, to let them know what has actually transpired.
It is a known fact that the media are awash with stories of the goings-on in the state.

First of all, let me start by addressing the issue of resignation of the deputy governor of Imo State. I put on record and very categorically that at no point in time have I contemplated ever resigning as deputy governor of Imo state.

As I stated earlier, the mandate was freely and massively given me by the people of Imo State as their deputy governor. I still owe them duties today. I never resigned and I do not intend to resign. I will continue to serve the people of Imo State as long as their mandates subsist.

Q: There is this question about what led to the stories of your resignation and non-resignation and the stories in the public domain now that you are being impeached by the Imo State House of Assembly?

A: The matter borders on the issues of allegations by a construction company that I received bribe money to the tune of N458m. I also want to use this opportunity to state in very clear terms that at no pointin time did I demand N458m or any sum of money at that from any company or contractor whatsoever in Imo state, and a tno time did the contractor J-Pros (Joseph Dina) pay me the cumulative sum of N458m as alleged by him.

Let me state this here how this whole issue started: J-Pros is the contractor that is doing the job on the present day Sam Mbakwe Road. Prior to his commencement of work in Imo State on Sam Mbakwe Road, I never knew the construction company, the owners of the construction company or the major holders of the construction company. They were a company that was introduced to the state by the governor who issued and gave the permission for the award ofthe contract to the tune of 1.5bn. A contract of this magnitude can only be issued through the approval of the governor. Such approval was sought by me as the commissioner in the ministry of works and gotten to award the contract to J-Pros International Limited.

Thereafter in the month of February 2012, while I was away on a state duty in India, the permanent secretary in the ministry of works applied for the final approval of the job (so that the governor will give his final approval for the job of N1.5bn); the governor gave his approval and went beyond and gave the approval for the payment of N1.5bn to the contractor via the ministry of finance and the ministry of works. Incidentally his approval was communicated to the commissioner of finance who instead of routing the N1.5bn tothe coffers of works ministry for onward certification by raising of vouchers to pay to the construction company after due processes would have beenfulfilled, the money was routed through the office of the accountant general and paid directly to the contractor, J-Pros Ltd. So at no point did I give the approval, for the payment of the money. At no point did I communicate the approval of the payment, and at no point did I pay the contractor. So the question that comes to mind: why would this contractor pay me N458m; for doing what? I heard from him when I went to the House of Assembly that he paid me N458m in anticipation of a job that I will offer to him in the local government. I was the commissioner for ministry of works; the commissioner in the ministry of works never issues jobs in the local governments. The chairmen of local governments issue jobs in the local governments. I never issued till date one single contract in any local government. So how could this contractor have paid me in anticipation of something I was not in the position to give? Anyhow, to cut the long story short, he said that I conveyed instructions to him via SMS to his phone in the month of April and the month of June 2012 stating the companies, account numbers and the banks to pay the sum of N235m and the sum of N133m, respectively. I state here, also categorically and the records can be gotten from MTN(the carriers of the mobile network I use) that at no point did I convey to this man, Joseph Dina, via SMS to pay money to me or to any account, any bank, any sum of money whatsoever.

(Continued Below)
hmm.
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 11, 2013
Stories that touched. Crying o
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by gunuvi(m): 8:08pm On Mar 11, 2013
But why award contract to a company with dubious name in the first place?
Any company with a mafian name like J-pros should not be trusted.
They could be professional trouble maker
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by EmmyBoy2(m): 8:18pm On Mar 11, 2013
Nwa oguta: sharap ewu togo
grin
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by sirwealth(m): 8:23pm On Mar 11, 2013
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by jentlsoul: 8:35pm On Mar 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Deputy Governor of Imo State, Sir Jude Agbaso is embattled no doubt, but the question is; has he resigned? Will he be impeached? In this interview with JAMES UMEH he debunked reports that he has thrown in the towel. Agbaso also advanced reasons for his travails.

(Continued Below)
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by kgbd(m): 8:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
Maxymilliano: He failed to provide strong rebuttals as to how the contractor got his phone number, visited his private home in the village and in Owerri. Also, he failed to provide any objective evidence as to why a contractor would have his account number, and no evidence contrary to the amount that was allegedly deposited in his account.

pls are you saying that the contact address, phone contact and account numb. of a deputy are difficult to get? Think deep before commenting,

2 Likes

Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by Ejine(m): 8:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
iamswizz: hmm.

Is that ALL you have to say?

1 Like

Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by Chillypelly(m): 8:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
The time has finally come. Imagine keeping yam beside a goat and expecting it not having a bite. Jude the long time frauster is at it again lying at a glaring truth. In 1993, he escaped investigation in a criminal matter in the US. I knew he wont repent afterall once a frauster always a frauster. The underlining word is that his cohort is the governor himself... I weep for Imo.
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by kgbd(m): 8:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
Must you quote every thing? @iamswizz, @jentlsoul
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by causewahala: 8:50pm On Mar 11, 2013
bigfat06, u don kolo finish! grin grin grin

@ topic: Naija thingz!!! undecided
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by Costa2000(m): 9:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
Who cares?,even if you comot another deputy thief governor go enter.
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 11, 2013
saintvc: ibo politics
don't tribalise everything.I'm just saying.
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by Wendyslim(f): 10:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
NA dem sabi.
Re: I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso by danjalingo: 11:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
Wendyslim: NA dem sabi.

the moni is not upto 500m and they bugging, a whole dept govnor. the man no get ambitionz sef,mcheeew

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress / MEND Backs Reps Summon Of Jonathan Over Malabu Oil Deal / Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.