Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

A Message For All Atheists In The House - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Message For All Atheists In The House (3858 Views)

The Best Of The Atheists In Nairaland So Far / Why Are There So Many Atheists In Nigeria Nowadays? / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Message For All Atheists In The House by InesQor(m): 8:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
CeCe Winans says this in better words than I can. Watch the 3 minute video or read the transcript.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BXzypkClRM

[Transcript:]

He doesn't know his worth
Wears the saddest smile on earth
But he denies it...

Love is reaching out to him
But he won't let it in
He defies it
He defies it!

Refrain
He's not ready
He's not on his knees yet!
He's too strong to be weak
Show him mercy
He's not on his knees yet
Let him break please
Make him better
Put the pieces back together

He thinks that he's alone
I have walked the road he's on
And I know he's searching
Looking everywhere but up

He can't fill his empty cup
So he keeps hurting
He keeps hurting

He's not ready
He's too strong to be weak
Show him mercy

Let him break please
Make him better
Put the pieces back together

Help him please
He's not on his knees...

Yet!

1 Like

Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by victorNRceo: 8:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
I mean no insult,concisely gimme the actual point of the message,I just don't comprehend.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by InesQor(m): 9:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
victor-NR-ceo:
I mean no insult,concisely gimme the actual point of the message,I just don't comprehend.

No offence taken!

Cece Winans sings about the struggles of one who insists on shielding themselves from God's love or is searching for meaning and despairs that it can never be found. I've been there and back, and I thought some Atheists will very likely find the scenario familiar.

And in case they do, I wanted them to see that it's alright.And remind them that after all the breaking, it's alright if you finally find yourself on your knees.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Idowuogbo(f): 9:53pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hmmm..insightful!
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 11, 2013
Yaaaaawwwn........
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 11, 2013
InesQor:

No offence taken!

Cece Winans sings about the struggles of one who insists on shielding themselves from God's love or is searching for meaning and despairs that it can never be found. I've been there and back, and I thought some Atheists will very likely find the scenario familiar.

And in case they do, I wanted them to see that it's alright.And remind them that after all the breaking, it's alright if you finally find yourself on your knees.

How foolish.

Tsk, tsk......j.ust when I had high hopes for you.

A simple question for you......how does God love look like? Can you feel it? Can you describe it for me, please?
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by InesQor(m): 10:18pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:
How foolish.

Tsk, tsk......j.ust when I had high hopes for you.
I've told you a number of times; you can disagree without being disagreeable. You are not a lesser man than those who do that.

Logicboy03:
A simple question for you......how does God love look like? Can you feel it? Can you describe it for me, please?
This question of yours is incredible. Can you describe what love (in any respect) looks like? Can you feel it?

EDIT: I find it hard to believe that you are taking "Shielding themselves from God's love" literally.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 11, 2013
InesQor:
I've told you a number of times; you can disagree without being disagreeable. You are not a lesser man than those who do that.

This question of yours is incredible. Can you describe what love (in any respect) looks like? Can you feel it?

Mtchew, dubious people always reply questions with questions.....

Assuming I have a wife, her love towards me is defined by her actions. She is always happy around me, smiles when we are talking, patient with me, touches me unconsciously when together, have se.x etc.....

How is God's love towards me?
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by InesQor(m): 10:27pm On Mar 11, 2013
@logicBoy03

The beautiful world you live in (the aspects that haven't been corrupted by man) as God created, and that very life that you hold dear; are part-evidence that God loves you.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 11, 2013
InesQor: @logicBoy03

The beautiful world you live in (the aspects that haven't been corrupted by man) as God created, and that very life that you hold dear; are part-evidence that God loves you.

What nonsense is this?

My life is a result of evolution that can be explained without supernatural causes. Try again.

The formation of planets including the earth have been explained without supernatural causes. Try again.

If you can answer a question, be like the scientists and atheists that say that they dont know. If you dont know what God's love is like, just say that yoou dont know. Dont give me a BS answer
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by InesQor(m): 10:34pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:
What nonsense is this?
My opinion

Logicboy03:
My life is a result of evolution that can be explained without supernatural causes. Try again.
Your opinion

Logicboy03:
The formation of planets including the earth have been explained without supernatural causes. Try again.
Your opinion

Logicboy03:
If you can answer a question, be like the scientists and atheists that say that they dont know.
Their opinion

Logicboy03:
If you dont know what God's love is like, just say that yoou dont know. Dont give me a BS answer
Your opinion
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 11, 2013
InesQor:
My opinion

Your opinion

Your opinion

Their opinion

Your opinion

So facts are now opinion? The fact that evolution explains our present life is now an opinion? The fact that science doesnt need supernatural causes to explain the formation of the earth is now an opinion?

You are sinking low. Dont be like Ihedinobi, you showed signs of intelligence once wink
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by InesQor(m): 10:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
@LogicBoy03:

It is not all threads labelled "Atheists" that apply to you, you know? Some atheists are actively looking for answers. I dunno about you (you seem to know all the answers), but I've been there before; walking, stumbling, in shadowfeet.

And by experience I know that in that stasis of spirit, every bit helps.

Maybe this thread isn't really for people who are so certain as to not entertain an opinion even if they would not accept it, whose opinion is already rock-solid.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

1 Like

Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by InesQor(m): 10:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:
So facts are now opinion? The fact that evolution explains our present life is now an opinion? The fact that science doesnt need supernatural causes to explain the formation of the earth is now an opinion?
Did you ever consider that evolution may be a God-ordered event? I am an adherent of theistic evolution, to wit.

Logicboy03:
You are sinking low. Dont be like Ihedinobi, you showed signs of intelligence once wink
Honestly, a man cannot sink below or rise above that which he is at any point in time. Appearances are only deceptive.

My opinions, beliefs and thoughts are mine, regardless of what or who you compare them to. It doesn't make me less or greater, comparing mine with someone else's thoughts or beliefs. My life is mine alone to run.

1 Like

Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
InesQor: @LogicBoy03:

It is not all threads labelled "Atheists" that apply to you, you know? Some atheists are actively looking for answers. I dunno about you (you seem to know all the answers), but I've been there before; walking, stumbling, in shadowfeet.

And by experience I know that in that stasis of spirit, every bit helps.

Maybe this thread isn't really for people who are so certain as to not entertain an opinion even if they would not accept it, whose opinion is already rock-solid.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

I asked you about God's love.

You asked back about love generally.

I answered your question about general love and repeated my question about God.

You gave me an answer which I critically analysed from a scientific point of view.

You dismissed my answer as opinions

You are the one that is close minded not me. You are suffering from a serious case of projection

1 Like

Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
InesQor:
Did you ever consider that evolution may be a God-ordered event? I am an adherent of theistic evolution, to wit.

Evolution is incompatible with the christian God.

God created man in his own image XXXXXXX Fail
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by InesQor(m): 10:51pm On Mar 11, 2013
@LogicBoy03:

(a) It makes no sense comparing physical love (which you described) with the love of a non-tangible being like God. This seems elementary to me.

(b) Your answers were your opinions, this does not mean they are wrong. They are just that: your opinion. And not mine.

(c) You really need to read up on Theistic evolution

(d) Thinking I'm close-minded is your opinion, and as long as you don't know me well enough to empirically observe and decide that, then you're entitled to the opinion (it's in your freewill tongue) cool

(e) What does "created in his own image" mean to you? What's your opinion on that?

1 Like

Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
InesQor: @LogicBoy03:

(a) It makes no sense comparing physical love (which you described) with the love of a non-tangible being like God. This seems elementary to me.

(b) Your answers were your opinions, this does not mean they are wrong. They are just that: your opinion. And not mine.

(c) You really need to read up on Theistic evolution

(d) Thinking I'm close-minded is your opinion, and as long as you don't know me well enough to empirically observe and decide that, then you're entitled to the opinion (it's in your freewill tongue) cool

(e) What does "created in his own image" mean to you? What's your opinion on that?

a) Of course it makes no sense, your God doesnt exist
b) let's leave it at that
c) theistic evolution is nonsense. There is a reason it doesnt exist in any peer reviewed scientific journal
d) You are close-minded in this case. Furthermore, why would you rely on empirical evidence for yourself but not for your god?
e) If god created me in his image, why am not invisible? Or des that mean that God is uncircumcised?
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by anonymoux: 11:00pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

Evolution is incompatible with the christian God.

God created man in his own image XXXXXXX Fail

Yes, there are so many believes in the universe.... But no definite proof that God exist right
I can proof to you that God exist and below is my proof.

GOD has only one meaning... And it MEANS "MY CREATOR"
Nothing more, and nothing short of it....
The only proof I have that GOD(MY CREATOR) exist, is that I exist....
And the only way you can proof to me that God does not exist, if simply for you to proof to me that I does not exist - simple....

I am not a muslim, a christian or whatsoever.... And I am not saying God means creator of the entire universe or the world.

God means MY CREATOR, because MY CREATOR exist, we have both talked time without number.... Also, note that GOD no dey lie...
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by anonymoux: 11:02pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

a) Of course it makes no sense, your God doesnt exist

Please prove God(my creator) does not exist.... I was created, but you saying that my creator does not exist right? please prove it!!!
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by InesQor(m): 11:03pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:
c) theistic evolution is nonsense. There is a reason it doesnt exist in any peer reviewed scientific journal
Wow! You better do some quick googling and take this back right away so we don't get started.

Logicboy03:
d) You are close-minded in this case. Furthermore, why would you rely on empirical evidence for yourself but not for your god?
Simple. Empirical observation is used for tangible and observable phenomena.

Logicboy03:
e) If god created me in his image, why am not invisible? Or des that mean that God is uncircumcised?
What does "created in his own image" mean to you? This was my question which you have stylishly evaded. Respond appropriately so I can see your standpoint. This will prevent any illogic or goalpost-shifting from you.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 11, 2013
anonymoux:

Yes, there are so many believes in the universe.... But no definite proof that God exist right
I can proof to you that God exist and below is my proof.

GOD has only one meaning... And it MEANS "MY CREATOR"
Nothing more, and nothing short of it....
The only proof I have that GOD(MY CREATOR) exist, is that I exist....
And the only way you can proof to me that God does not exist, if simply for you to proof to me that I does not exist - simple....

I am not a muslim, a christian or whatsoever.... And I am not saying God means creator of the entire universe or the world.

God means MY CREATOR, because MY CREATOR exist, we have both talked time without number.... Also, note that GOD no dey lie...

lol...you serious? Your creator na your papa and your mama.

no supernatural needed
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by anonymoux: 11:07pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

no supernatural needed

I have only one creator... Point of correct...
Again, My mother brought me into this world.... She is not God(my creator)
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by anonymoux: 11:10pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

no supernatural needed

by the way, creator is not same thing as giving birth....
You creator, can decide what you should be. But my cannot decide.
My creator could have created without a brain, but my mom have no control over that...
She gave birth to me, and she is not my creator
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 11, 2013
InesQor:
Wow! You better do some quick googling and take this back right away so we don't get started.

Simple. Empirical observation is used for tangible and observable phenomena.

What does "created in his own image" mean to you? This was my question which you have stylishly evaded. Respond appropriately so I can see your standpoint. This will prevent any illogic or goalpost-shifting from you.

First of all, you must be quite ignorant to even believe that theistic evolution is supported by mainstream science or it appears in any credible scietific journal

You cant ask me to interpret the bible for You. The bible claims that God created humans in his own image. Seeing that God has no tangible characteristics and no one at present has seen God, that is a meaningless quote
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by anonymoux: 11:12pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:
no dey dull me nau... Abeg come help me prove say God no exist nau....
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 11, 2013
anonymoux:

by the way, creator is not same thing as giving birth....
You creator, can decide what you should be. But my cannot decide.
My creator could have created without a brain, but my mom have no control over that...
She gave birth to me, and she is not my creator

Abegi.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 11, 2013
anonymoux: Logicboy03:
no dey dull me nau... Abeg come help me prove say God no exist nau....

Depends on your God. If you are a christian or muslim, your god is non-existent. Other gods just have no evidence for them
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by anonymoux: 11:14pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

First of all, you must be quite ignorant to even believe that theistic evolution is supported by mainstream science or it appears in any credible scietific journal

You cant ask me to interpret the bible for You. The bible claims that God created humans in his own image. Seeing that God has no tangible characteristics and no one at present has seen God, that is a meaningless quote

I have said it earlier, that I am not a christian, or a muslim or whatsoever, so please don't bring the bible into this....
I never said, that my creator created me in his own image or whatsoever.... I am saying that MY CREATOR exist... and that's it.
Prove to me that he does not exist...
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 11, 2013
anonymoux:

I have said it earlier, that I am not a christian, or a muslim or whatsoever, so please don't bring the bible into this....
I never said, that my creator created me in his own image or whatsoever.... I am saying that MY CREATOR exist... and that's it.
Prove to me that he does not exist...

You cant even describe your creator....also, I was talking to Inseqr, not you.

Does your creator have two hands? Is he an alien? Does he control the wind? I he omnipotent?
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by InesQor(m): 11:20pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:
Choi see as you change mouth grin grin grin

Nobody said it is supported by mainstream science. BUT it is indeed peer-reviewed AND appears in credible scientific journals.
There is
(a) The scientific Darwin adherents (mainstream)
(b) The scientific Darwin dissenters (non-conformist)
(c) The Theistic-evolution adherents (non-conformist)

The last two, as unconventional as they are, are peer reviewed. Scientists are not close-minded grin

Logicboy03:
In short you are refusing to answer. Fair enough.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by anonymoux: 11:20pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

Depends on your God. If you are a christian or muslim, your god is non-existent. Other gods just have no evidence for them

God is God. I don't know what you mean as gods, god or muslim God or christian god.
I have told you before, that GOD to me have only one MEANING and it means MY CREATOR....
So tell me how can you say that my creator does not exist when i myself exist

You said to me that you evolved from something - I believe. I don't know for sure, but I believe you, after all, I cannot know you better that you right

But me oo. I was created by GOD(MY CREATOR). Bros can you know me better that me? Just I have admitted to your believe, you don't have know about me, you just need to believe. If i say to you my name is Samuel, you can't know that for sure, you just have to beleive right?

I am not a believer, believer don't have proof. I have a proof, so I am more than a believer. I KNOW THAT GOD EXIST!!!! period
except you can proof that i don't exist, you have no point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? / Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? / The Epicurean Paradox.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.