Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

No Country For Good Men - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / No Country For Good Men (768 Views)

The Slap That Changed My Life For Good! / Good Men Make Mistake / Good Men Make Mistakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Country For Good Men by ebamma(m): 10:23pm On Mar 11, 2013
He was eating rice and chicken when all of a sudden, he felt two lashes of a whip on his back, its then he realised that it was just a dream and rice and chicken was such an expensive meal to be savoured before christmas
It was his mother waking him up from his sleep as usual, his mother has always complained that he slept like a dead man and the only way to confirm if he was still alive,was by wiping him.
He jumped up from the mat and rushed outside to wash his face, day don break another day another wahala he told himself
Re: No Country For Good Men by ebamma(m): 10:55pm On Mar 11, 2013
Ubong come boil dis soup were been remain make na him u go chop go school, his mother ordered, he rushed to the makeshift kitchen outside the hut and made the fire, garri for breakfast, garri for lunch and garri for supper, he whispered to himself, and he remembered what his social studies teacher told him 'too much of everything is a disease', soon he was through with his meal and after a bath, he put on his 'patch patch' uniform, and was off to school.
Re: No Country For Good Men by ebamma(m): 10:57pm On Mar 11, 2013
guys is the story boring is it worth a read, should i stop or should i continue, i'mwaiting for your opinions
Re: No Country For Good Men by ebamma(m): 2:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
He reached the school by 8pm, he knew that he was late, as soon as he reached the school gate, he was stopped by the compound master Mr Otu who punished him with 8 lashes of the cain for lateness.Now your suffering continues, he told himself, he left for the classroom and took his seat.
He was not even balanced on his seat when he heard 'class greet' he stood up with fellow classmates to welcome the principal.
Re: No Country For Good Men by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2013
Hmmm.......Contrinue.....plssss!!!
Re: No Country For Good Men by luvmijeje(f): 7:48pm On Mar 13, 2013
Is it fiction?
Re: No Country For Good Men by ebamma(m): 11:04pm On Mar 13, 2013
***** The principal Mr Akpan was a no nonsense man and was feared by the students in the school, ubong knew that nothing good could have brought the principal into their class at that particular hour, and the principal spoke,
Your weeks of grace is over, if you know that you have not paid your school fees for this term, pack your bags and go home, if you think education is too expensive then try ignorance.
Ubong was the first to pack his bags and leave the class, maybe he might even try ignorance since an education was becoming too expensive, he told himself
Re: No Country For Good Men by FoxyUltimate(m): 10:00am On Mar 14, 2013
See... Better update longer episodes o... This short ones are annoying angry

------ Sent from my PrivateJet
Re: No Country For Good Men by knockturnal(m): 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2013
Ebamma, nice story line. Try and read your work again before you post them, I don think anybody goes to school by 8PM as you wrote in your second post. Also, paragraph your dialogues and make you updates longer.
*following*
Re: No Country For Good Men by ebamma(m): 6:50pm On Mar 14, 2013
Knocturnal, im a learner i diz writing stuff oh, i'll try 2 correct myself sha
Re: No Country For Good Men by ebamma(m): 7:09am On Mar 15, 2013
*****He knew in his mind that his school fees was not arriving very soon, the little his mother was making from her farming was barely enough to feed not to talk of paying his school fees.
Ever since his father the village hunter died, things have become very hard for him and his mother, he knew in his mind that if he was to remain in school, a miracle had to happen.
He was resting in the house, when his mother came back from the farm, he explained everything to his mother concerning the fee drive, his mother began crying and lamenting about his late father's absence, he knew that he needed to find a way, he knew that he had to make it, he knew that to make it he needed to risk it, but were will he start, he asked himself

(1) (Reply)

Scars And Stories I (FICTION) / 10 Grammar Mistakes You Should Avoid [part 2] / Short Story: The Price Of Ignorance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.