Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,490 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? (8690 Views)

Why Do Igbos Especially The Anambrans Marry From Their Tribe? / Why Are Black Women Considered Unattractive? / Non-verbal communication that is considered offensive to Nigerians....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 12, 2013
Health risk aside, I see no reason why Bleaching should be especially singled out as the peak of self-hate with respect to personal grooming:

1. Hair relaxing/weaving can also be argued to stem from the Eurocentric aesthetics.
2. Hair relaxers also pose a few health risks, such as fibroids, burns and alopecia.

Assuming that a lady lightened her skin with safer methods, what gives a un-bleached ladies with weaves or relaxed hair a moral right to complain?

This kind of reminds me of people who are quick to say that certain light skinnd people have the benefit of Eurocentric beauty because of the skin tone, but are actually not all that because of their facial features (usually African looking in appearance).

Consistency is the watch word. Either live and let someone else live, or completely personify everything you are supposed to stand for before passing judgement.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Olauk(f): 12:44am On Mar 12, 2013
I don't relax my hair, but I do wear a weave. But all the styles I wear are curly and Afrocentric, I don't wear a weave to make me look less black I wear it to achive a style I wouldn't be able any other way. Bleaching the skin , is saying you want to be lighter , and in my opinion it says your not happy being dark. My skin is one of the things I would never change . I love being black
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by PAPAAFRICA: 6:56am On Mar 17, 2013
its cooning to the 10th power
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by TheBookWorm: 5:41am On Mar 24, 2013
I consider skin bleaching as self hate.

Just listen to Mr. Vegas's Black and Proud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTNuwV7NFHM
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 24, 2013
The OP is bleaching her skin, yet she wants to justify it... I don't see why coons should defend cooning to anyone - if coonery is your ideology, stay cooning... No one cares to be honest... undecided undecided

I just can't stand smelly skin-bleaching coons - they smell like dead dogs! undecided undecided
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 24, 2013
nnenna.1:
Health risk aside, I see no reason why Bleaching should be especially singled out as the peak of self-hate with respect to personal grooming:

1. Hair relaxing/weaving can also be argued to stem from the Eurocentric aesthetics.
2. Hair relaxers also pose a few health risks, such as fibroids, burns and alopecia.

Assuming that a lady lightened her skin with safer methods, what gives a un-bleached ladies with weaves or relaxed hair a moral right to complain?

This kind of reminds me of people who are quick to say that certain light skinnd people have the benefit of Eurocentric beauty because of the skin tone, but are actually not all that because of their facial features (usually African looking in appearance).

Consistency is the watch word. Either live and let someone else live, or completely personify everything you are supposed to stand for before passing judgement.

"Lightskin" People can spot "Fake" "Lightskin" People a Mile Away.

Absolutely Disgusting.

Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 24, 2013
^----- undecided

#AntiSkinBleach

#IHateFakeLightskinPeople
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by tonychristopher: 10:05am On Mar 24, 2013
80 PERCENT OF BLEACHED WOMEN I COME IN CONTACT ARE YORUBAS AAND I MAY ASK WHY
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 24, 2013
tonychristopher: 80 PERCENT OF BLEACHED WOMEN I COME IN CONTACT ARE YORUBAS AAND I MAY ASK WHY

{IDSAG} Based on Facebook and Naija Films it seems an Overwhelmingly High Majority of South Eastern Women Bleach Imo

It's like 1 out of every 4 Profiles a SE Chick Has Black Hands and Bleached out Face.

The Ish is Repulsive Imo

It also seems like Brownskin Women Bleach at far higher numbers than Dark Black Women.

Brownskin women seem to be obsessed with Getting Lighter

DS Black Women FTW.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 24, 2013
The Op is right about the double standard, based on two women conversing with each other or a group of females

However...

From a Male Perspective.....

I've never seen an "Attractive" Bleach.

I Bangg Women with Weaves all the Time.

Weave....does not hinder sexx appeal or physical attraction, Bleaching Does.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by pleep(m): 10:14am On Mar 24, 2013
OP, you have a point

btw that picture is disgusting
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 24, 2013
You have a point , I was discussing the same topic two weeks ago, sincerely speaking I'm against weaves,relaxer and bleaching. But if people want to shove down our throats that weaves doesn't mean complex of inferiority then they should free bleachers. I'm trying to adopt the I don't give a mess attitude. African are a lost cause.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: You have a point , I was discussing the same topic two weeks ago, sincerely speaking I'm against weaves,relaxer and bleaching. But if people want to shove down our throats that weaves doesn't mean complex of inferiority then they should free bleachers. I'm trying to adopt the I don't give a mess attitude. African are a lost cause.
why are you against relaxers ? i use relaxers simply because it makes my hair easier to handle.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 24, 2013
adaobi123:
why are you against relaxers ? i use relaxers simply because it makes my hair easier to handle.
wash and comb it undecided
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: wash and comb it undecided
if i comb unrelaxed hair.....im just asking myself for unbearable pain (however people have different hair texttures), hence why i relax. plus having relaxed hair is neater for when i braid my hair cheesy
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 24, 2013
....lol
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 24, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: ....lol
hi
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 24, 2013
What Up Fam

God Bless the Negro Women and Their Perms.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 24, 2013
The Same Point the Op is trying to make, is the same point i write about on this forum all the Time.

And Especially in those Black Women Threads

It is blatant Hypocrisy

I have caught many women on this forum who have relaxed hair, speaking on the Vile Ills of Skin Bleach grin
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 24, 2013
adaobi123:
if i comb unrelaxed hair.....im just asking myself for unbearable pain (however people have different hair texttures), hence why i relax. plus having relaxed hair is neater for when i braid my hair cheesy
comb it when your hair is still wet, that's what I do when I keep my hair..
You raised a good point, it is true that some people really don't have a good hair texture tho. I don't know how to describe mine , but I have never used relaxer, I don't even put oil on it ,I let grow then I cut
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 24, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: The Same Point the Op is trying to make, is the same point i write about on this forum all the Time.

And Especially in those Black Women Threads

It is blatant Hypocrisy

I have caught many women on this forum who have relaxed hair, speaking on the Vile Ills of Skin Bleach grin

exactly, how can you wear a weave and blame a "bleacher" the insecurity you have about your hair is the same insecurity he has about his skin color, none of you is better. Wearing a weave is as bad as bleaching your skin.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by pleep(m): 12:09pm On Mar 24, 2013
adaobi123:
The excuses black women make for their hair issues are just... a broken record.

bla bla bla lol.

Cameroon i agree with you, its best to just not give a damn. Me, i cant pretend i don't understand why they do it, but the excuses are what i cant stand. Do yall really thing we are that stupid?
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 24, 2013
The Hair Relaxers and The Weave, can get a pass from me

The Skin Bleach is Just Disgusting.

You don't make Love to Hair, But you Do Make Love to "Skin".
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 24, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: The Hair Relaxers and The Weave, can get a pass from me

relaxer, yes I can't stand weave.nada
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by pleep(m): 12:14pm On Mar 24, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: The Hair Relaxers and The Weave, can get a pass from me

^ you make love to a dogs mouth.

Im not even gunna front here... hair drives me crazy. its the sexiest thing on a woman... thats why i like mixed chicks so much (and even some Italian, jewish, arab w/e chicks) the big curly hair is the hottest thing ever.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 24, 2013
pleep: The excuses black women make for their hair issues are just... a broken record.

bla bla bla lol.

Cameroon i agree with you, its best to just not give a damn. Me, i cant pretend i don't understand why they do it, but the excuses are what i cant stand. Do yall really thing we are that stupid?
yup, the truth is they hate their hair , which means they hate their identity. They hate who/what they are
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 24, 2013
pleep: ^ you make love to a dogs mouth.

Im not even gunna front here... hair drives me crazy. its the sexiest thing on a woman... thats why i like mixed chicks so much (and even some Italian, jewish, arab w/e chicks) the big curly hair is the hottest thing ever.
I like curly hair, I even don't like straight hair, so I don't know why they keep wearing those nasty weaves.yuck
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: relaxer, yes I can't stand weave.nada

I Personally Rather a Weave/Wig than a Perm Actually

If at all Possible...Complete and Total Avoidance of Wild Crazy Chemicals

Some of these Black Women Put Substances on top of their skull that Could be classified as some type of fuel to Load A Time Machine.

Crazy Asss Negro Womenz, putting that Stuff 18 Centimeters away from their Brain shocked

No Wonder why they are so GawtDamn Crazy.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2013
Hold up let me grab a Pic....I actually do get turned on by women who perm their hair and have bigg forheads....
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by pleep(m): 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2013
^ oh great
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII:

I Personally Rather a Weave/Wig than a Perm Actually

If at all Possible...Complete and Total Avoidance of Wild Crazy Chemicals

Some of these Black Women Put Substances on top of their skull that Could be classified as some type of fuel to Load To Time Machine.

Crazy Asss Negro Womenz, putting that Stuff 18 Centimeters away from their Brain shocked

No Wonder why they are so GawtDamn Crazy.

shocked shocked shocked, I totally forgot about that grin grin grin, you are right a weave is definitively better.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by pleep(m): 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: yup, the truth is they hate their hair , which means they hate their identity. They hate who/what they are
or they just think straight hair looks better.

Even though i don't like straight hair myself, i can understand thier POV to an extent sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kanuri People / The Igbo Speaking People Inter Relationship With Esans / Have You Ever Witnessed A Person Turning Into A Animal/yam Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.