Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos (8694 Views)

Get Affordable Kitchen Appliances From Syinix On Jumia / Jumia Pre-ramadan Sales / Jumia Nigeria Amazing Sales @ Great Discount Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by okonemma2012: 12:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
On the 10 March 2013, 500 volunteers that included Jumia staff, Gbemi(Beat FM), Dami(Beat FM), Djinee, Weird MC, Shawlz (Classic FM), Lilian Unachukwu, Jeffery Daniel, Tosin Bucknor, Phyno, Ice Prince, Dammy Krane, Eminic, Joseph Benjamin, Toke Makinwa, Tillaman, Godwin& Sabina(Naija FM), Ill Bliss, Koch, Shadow d Don and many more celebrities converged in Ebute Metta for ‘Jumia feeds Lagos’ , an event put together by Nigeria’s online retailer to hand a new lease of life to the destitute and less privileged in the society.

The day saw volunteers converge early in the day, with all hands on deck as they cooked up a storm for the less privileged. There was also lots of fun, music, games and more on hand to spice up the day. Highlight of the day was the volunteers interacting one on one with the less privileged with an aim to giving them ‘HOPE’ for tomorrow. As part of the joys of the day, Jumia also presented Okobaba Open Field, Ebute Metta venue of the event with a pumping machine to drain their playing field during the rainy season.

According to Afam Anyika, Public Relations manager at Jumia, “It is of great honor to introduce such a CSR initiative. ‘Jumia feeds Lagos’, a project initiated by Jumia Nigeria, Nigeria’s number 1 online retailer, a day for extending benevolence to the less privileged and destitute in the society. We write this letter humbly requesting your stations presence in covering this news worthy event. Aim for us primarily is to show well-meaning Nigerians and cooperates regardless of your industry there is still a lot we can do to improve society.

This is a welcome initiative by Nigeria’s No 1 Online Retail Store, we sincerely hope other organizations would emulate them.
read more here:http:///news/jumia-feeds-1.html

7 Likes

Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by ijebabe: 1:06pm On Mar 12, 2013
That is charitable of them smiley

Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
VERY GOOD NEWS. I SEE JEFFREY DANIEL IN THE BACKGOUND. THATS A LEGEND RIGHT THERE

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by damola311: 3:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
lovely.......
Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by LeOstrich: 3:30pm On Mar 12, 2013
Teach a man how to fish

6 Likes

Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by quest003: 3:30pm On Mar 12, 2013
Afterparty. Y didnt u inform us before the event?
Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by explorer1906: 3:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
that's nice, keep it up.
Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by yemstok(m): 3:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
I love Jumia.com.....my no1 online retailer. Others shud emulate dis.
Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by obowunmi(m): 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
PUBLICITY STUNT...... RUBBISH.

8 Likes

Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by gen2briz(m): 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
More grace to their elbow
Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by obowunmi(m): 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
So sad it's at the expense of poor Lagosian.... do something more useful like building homes. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by ebamma(m): 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
na rice were meat no dey inside were them share give those kids were them come dey make mouth #nonsense

1 Like

Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by dinggle: 3:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
If you feed them today what about tomorrow?

6 Likes

Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by ebamma(m): 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
gen2briz: More grace to their elbow
and more esther to your Joystick

1 Like

Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by obowunmi(m): 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
what about paying for the school fees of (100) of these children to privileged schools? Don't get me started....

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by miteolu(m): 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
dinggle: If you feed them today what about tomorrow?

Do not be anxious of tomorrow.
Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by mattsteve(f): 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
What a good deed to emulate. More power to ur elbow jumia
Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by obowunmi(m): 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
miteolu:

Do not be anxious of tomorrow.

it may never come... many of these children may be used for rituals, become future kidnappers, or be raped but at least today, they get to eat RICE with meat.
Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by UnknownMember: 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
Good Job...

Atleast, those kids get to enjoy a really good meal for a Day.

Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by UnknownMember: 3:37pm On Mar 12, 2013
ebamma: na rice were meat no dey inside were them share give those kids were them come dey make mouth #nonsense

Look at the smiles on their faces. Shows you that sometimes, them no even send the food. Just a sign of care.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by bigx(m): 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
Give a man Fish & feed him for a day, Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime,

This though is a step in the right direction

Nice PR
Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
quest003: Afterparty. Y didnt u inform us before the event?
you be destitute? Abi u self won go chop awoof rice?
Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 12, 2013
When you feed them today, what are they going to eat tomorrow, huh

Keep feeding them for a day when you can add your voice through the platform you have got to make sure they never go hungry again... undecided

Poor kids.. sad
Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by Zi: 3:43pm On Mar 12, 2013
Le Ostrich: Teach a man how to fish
ebamma: na rice were meat no dey inside were them share give those kids were them come dey make mouth #nonsense

Apart from typing this trash here, what have u done to put smiles on those faces?! Abi u no dey see them before? Ode!

1 Like

Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by crusufixo(m): 3:43pm On Mar 12, 2013

They are not the only ones in naija oh, there are others out there, what they just did was to set the ball rolling. yes, it might be a publicity stunt, but then at least these kids got a day's meal. Another group might just come tomorrow with a better package
Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by paparazzi1987(m): 3:44pm On Mar 12, 2013
WEIRD MC looks more of a destitute to me
Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 12, 2013
Good move.
I sha hope say no be the funds wey dem get recently dem dey chop so.. wink
Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by ITbomb(m): 3:46pm On Mar 12, 2013
I thought I saw
Jumia Feeds 1,500 prosstitutes In Lagos
Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
Very nice gesture,I would implore medical practioners to start distributing contraceptive pills to beggers who breed like ants knowwing that people we give them money.
Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by sholay2011(m): 3:49pm On Mar 12, 2013
obowunmi: PUBLICITY STUNT...... RUBBISH.

Immature comment...even if it is for 'popularity stunt'...it is at least better than ppl who sit their ass down and are so much into themselves that they don't think of others let alone the destitute. Whatever is good is good, we should stop destructively criticising good deeds.

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by obowunmi(m): 3:53pm On Mar 12, 2013
sholay2011:
Immature comment...even if it is for 'popularity stunt'...it is at least better than ppl who sit their ass down and are so much into themselves that they don't think of others let alone the destitute. Whatever is good is good, we should stop destructively criticising good deeds.

Almost every celebrity in Nigeria helps the under or less privileged.... even Toke Makinwa and Toolz (this makes "God" forgive quicker the men and women who do ashawo work or adultery to earn their living.)
Re: Jumia Feeds 1,500 Destitutes And Less Privileged In Lagos by obowunmi(m): 3:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
ITbomb: I thought I saw
Jumia Feeds 1,500 prosstitutes In Lagos

Yes, child prostitutes roaming around Ikeja.... would be nicer to give them accommodation or pay for school fees.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The First Thing You Learned How To Cook And At What Age? / How Can I Make My Okro Soup Draw ? / Kilishi In Canada - Mj's BBQ And SUYA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.