Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,798 members, 7,802,554 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. (26340 Views)

Man Who Spent 20-Years Living In A Mountain Cave (photos) / Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone / ‘revealed: Jaji Bombs Manufactured In The Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Odunharry(m): 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
I didn't stay in face-me-I-face-you but in the barracks for 17yrs, cheii..it almost as worse as slap-me-i-slap-u....
too many children in one room...

Child A and child B from different family go fight, e den turn to JTF vs BOKO Haram. Come see as dem dey trowey person from step go down. Na dia husband dey settle am, the next morning e go continue.

Trust some women,them get phd for gossiping.

How about time to bath? chai,you will see like 5 people at the bathroom at same time. Na barracks naa, nobody send anybody.

Paying nepa bill wasn't a big deal there.,kitchen too cos each room has a kitchen.

The most annoying one na when dem pour you either pepper water, fish and meat water or even zobo water wen you dey play ball for down..na water make dem use wash plate or cloth worse pass.

The children there are stubborn and wicked too o. when 4yr old pikin piss for your head you go know say though water na water, piss different from rain.

How about washing and drying of clothes, chai dat na something else..you just need to stand at the entrance of the barrack, you go ask weda here na laundry or barrack.

If you are a wicked and stingy person, barracks boys go show you something, if you send any pikin rice 100,beans 50 and 2meat, na dia your own finish o..na rice 60, beans 30 and 2 meat e go buy come or make him come lie say money loss. trust na, you no go fit do anything.

What about pipu make dey smell film and food..oh my God! some children na expert...e get one make dem dey call Wale, dat one dey smell film o from 2nd floor as you dey put the film the bobo don enta your house like rat.. the oda one Hassan chaii, as you dey put food for table him don enter.

it was fun and i can tell you i still miss my old pals..we have pipu from different religious and ethnic backgrounds. We mix and relate easily. we played all kind of play when we were young, we go to school together, house to house to eat during xmas and new year and dem must roger us b4 we leave(tax collector).lol.

16 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by cyril83(m): 12:27am On Mar 13, 2013
So most of those harden criminals are barrack products.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 13, 2013
I had family friends that lived at one army barracks like that, they used to act posh and all o. I thought the kids there were gentle. I guess different experiences for different folks.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Sike(m): 12:34am On Mar 13, 2013
[size=20]NO[/size][b]NEVER DID, NEVER WILL

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Sike(m): 12:35am On Mar 13, 2013
[size=20]NO.....[/size] NEVER DID, NEVER WILL

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by rawsh247(m): 12:37am On Mar 13, 2013
Guy, shutup ur mouth and pack ur clueless stories go sit down fr one corner...5people in a bathroom, throwin pple from up to down stairs..guy u don fail..ur lies is as fake as chinco phones

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by bcomputer101: 12:42am On Mar 13, 2013
Police Barrack,
Army Barrack,
Navy Barrack,
Custom Barrack,
Airforce Barrack...

So which of the Barrack do you feel like hearing the experiences?

You can halla Barrack Obama for is experience...

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by senatorweedman: 12:43am On Mar 13, 2013
baracks....... sweet experience. the only place where i chill and gett Hiiiiiiii. puff some real joint and dont feel like a bloo -dy civilian.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by bizlinks(m): 12:44am On Mar 13, 2013
Oh boy!!, that one na enjoyment for you. Life goes on

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Hugo7(m): 12:44am On Mar 13, 2013
Never lived in 1 and no planz to ever live in 1...i have barracks kids as friends even in skul....guy na true u talk and barrack kids are exceptional when it comes to bad habits,their galz na wash.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by senatorweedman: 12:47am On Mar 13, 2013
definately ARmy barracks.
is da ruggedest, never a dull moment if you knw wats up!
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by cyril83(m): 12:52am On Mar 13, 2013
bcomputer101: Police Barrack,
Army Barrack,
Navy Barrack,
Custom Barrack,
Airforce Barrack...

So which of the Barrack do you feel like hearing the experiences?

You can halla Barrack Obama for is experience...
Bros no dey ridicule navy and airforce oh,nothing like navy or airforce barrack,they call it naval and airforce base.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Odunharry(m): 12:53am On Mar 13, 2013
rawsh247: Guy, shutup ur mouth and pack ur clueless stories go sit down fr one corner...5people in a bathroom, throwin pple from up to down stairs..guy u don fail..ur lies is as fake as chinco phones
mumu lyk u...c fool o....
Blieve it or not dat s d truth or go ask those who have lived in barracks before.
A Barrack normally have 4 bathrooms,2 4 d males n 2 4 males with 27 or atyms 18 rooms in a barrack depending on how it is built...
Hater like u,abeg go use head knack stone 10times.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 13, 2013
During crisis in Bauchi state when hausa muslim men start killing, my dad will come n pick us from school and straigth to the barracks. When the crisis calms we go back home. I hated it because I never get a peaceful sleep.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by bamosagie(m): 12:56am On Mar 13, 2013
Odunharry: I didn't stay in face-me-I-face-you but in the barracks for 17yrs, cheii..it almost as worse as slap-me-i-slap-u....
too many children in one room...

Child A and child B from different family go fight, e den turn to JTF vs BOKO Haram. Come see as dem dey trowey person from step go down. Na dia husband dey settle am, the next morning e go continue.

Trust some women,them get phd for gossiping.

How about time to bath? chai,you will see like 5 people at the bathroom at same time. Na barracks naa, nobody send anybody.

Paying nepa bill wasn't a big deal there.,kitchen too cos each room has a kitchen.

The most annoying one na when dem pour you either pepper water, fish and meat water or even zobo water wen you dey play ball for down..na water make dem use wash plate or cloth worse pass.

The children there are stubborn and wicked too o. when 4yr old pikin piss for your head you go know say though water na water, piss different from rain.

How about washing and drying of clothes, chai dat na something else..you just need to stand at the entrance of the barrack, you go ask weda here na laundry or barrack.

If you are a wicked and stingy person, barracks boys go show you something, if you send any pikin rice 100,beans 50 and 2meat, na dia your own finish o..na rice 60, beans 30 and 2 meat e go buy come or make him come lie say money loss. trust na, you no go fit do anything.

What about pipu make dey smell film and food..oh my God! some children na expert...e get one make dem dey call Wale, dat one dey smell film o from 2nd floor as you dey put the film the bobo don enta your house like rat.. the oda one Hassan chaii, as you dey put food for table him don enter.

it was fun and i can tell you i still miss my old pals..we have pipu from different religious and ethnic backgrounds. We mix and relate easily. we played all kind of play when we were young, we go to school together, house to house to eat during xmas and new year and dem must roger us b4 we leave(tax collector).lol.

You are one hell of a liar, almost sure you have never spent a night in the barrack.
The barrack is a little community where discipline is learnt, a place where character is built, where responsibility is passed down at early age. Like Every other place on earth, it is natural to have the good, the bad and the ugly.
In all, I am proud of the time spent in the barrack.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Odunharry(m): 12:58am On Mar 13, 2013
cyril83: Bros no dey ridicule navy and airforce oh,nothing like navy or airforce barrack,they call it naval and airforce base.
cyril i guess u dnt stay in 9ja.cos if u do you will knw dat they all stay in barracks.
Go to boundary or apapa and ask of naval barrack or go else where you see them there.
A barrack is where they stay with their family.some bases 2 have barracks bt u hardly c pipu stay there bt many of their staff works there.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Omoobava(m): 1:01am On Mar 13, 2013
1st tym i wil comment on nairaland > sir femag
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Odunharry(m): 1:03am On Mar 13, 2013
bamosagie:

You are one hell of a liar, almost sure you have never spent a night in the barrack.
The barrack is a little community where discipline is learnt, a place where character is built, where responsibility is passed down at early age. Like Every other place on earth, it is natural to have the good, the bad and the ugly.
In all, I am proud of the time spent in the barrack.
mumu like u..get it into ur head.
i lived at kayode police barracks at marine beach apapa until 2007.for those of us who know there opposite mobil apapa will know we have army barracks near npa quartrs.whch is nt far from signal barracks and ashanti barracks.how abt navy barrack opposite press coca cola?
My guy go dive 4 hot water abeg if u no knw wetin to talk.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by buchito1(m): 1:03am On Mar 13, 2013
Pls wat is barrck Like Barack obama?
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by UnknownMember: 1:05am On Mar 13, 2013
[b]I have lived in a yard, but never a barracks.

Closest I came to a barracks was during my NYSC. I had friends that got residence in Akim Barracks Calabar. I use to love drinking at the officers mess. The swag of the superior officers really enticed me so much I considered joining the Army. Na so if we dey officers mess dey drink and an officer enters, all of must must rise from chair o! Then of a superior to the officer wey dey there enter, ehn too must rise.

It was nice to sit down and be served by the same Soldiers that drilled us in camp. They couldn't even sit down with us to have drinks as they weren't officers. Then most times, when an officer finds out we are corpers, he would either buy is drinks or send one of us to his house on the barracks to go get alcohol.

The part of the barracks wey those sergeant dmem dey live sha looked like a hot mess. The houses looked rotten. The saddest part was that there were a lot of pretty girls on the barracks, but I was warned to stay away from them or face some serious, grievous consequences. I respect myself o!

In all, didn't look like a life I would have enjoyed. [/b]

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Odunharry(m): 1:08am On Mar 13, 2013
ItsModella: I had family friends that lived at one army barracks like that, they used to act posh and all o. I thought the kids there were gentle. I guess different experiences for different folks.
yap...growing up in the barracks doesnt necessarily mean u r a bad person.who wan spoil go spoil
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by collynezo(m): 1:21am On Mar 13, 2013
Yeah! Lived in the barracks,(not anymore) a police one at that, for 19 years..where lawlessness and moral decadence was d order of d day. Had d option of either imbibing those rascally habits, as seen practised by the *area boys* or dare 2 be different. A task even made harder when, growing up as a kid, u can't draw up any form of inspiration from other older barrack boys / girls as they very easily chose to adopt the already established notorious lifestyle. I won't forget what one taxi man said to me while giving me a ride home from the bus terminal after my semester exams. "So Police don dey send their children go university?"...he ended up collecting half the agreed fare. I must say though, that both my parents were strict disciplinariasn, and the no - nonsense type. Trust me, I've been there, seen it all, consciously picked the good virtues, and deliberately avoided the bad.. I'm thoroughly refined!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by collynezo(m): 1:22am On Mar 13, 2013
Yeah! Lived in the barracks,(not anymore) a police one at that, for 19 years..where lawlessness and moral decadence was the order of the day. Had d option of either imbibing those rascally habits, as seen practised by the *area boys* or dare 2 be different. A task even made harder when, growing up as a kid, u can't draw up any form of inspiration from other older barrack boys / girls as they very easily chose to adopt the already established notorious lifestyle. I won't forget what one taxi man said to me while giving me a ride home from the bus terminal after my semester exams. "So Police don dey send their children go university?"...he ended up collecting half the agreed fare. I must say though, that both my parents were strict disciplinariasn, and the no - nonsense type. Trust me, I've been there, seen it all, consciously picked the good virtues, and deliberately avoided the bad.. I'm thoroughly refined!
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Odunharry(m): 1:24am On Mar 13, 2013
let me continue joo.
I av hrd lot of xperiences especially in d hands of naval n Army .
One i wont 4get was when i left my barrack at nite on the 24th of decembr 2004 and there was ds man in my church who just came and grab me to the barracks at nite and it s army barracks.
Chaii,fear enta my body those army dm wicked,d man tel me say i dn hear am today make i sit down 4 ground 4 front of barracks...i nearly melt...cos if d man call odas na dai i die,bt thank God dat nyt na d wife cme help me out.
D 2nd experience was when i was coming 4m secondary sch then.i nearly pass d big gate which is prohibited..na im 1 naval officer jus kal me tell me make i pick all d dirty 4 d gate o.dat day i pick i taya ehn,d mumu man cme say mke i kari am put 4 sch bag dy go house.
omo i suspect say d man dn stand 4 sun taya 4m mrnin reach dat aftanun.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Odunharry(m): 1:26am On Mar 13, 2013
collynezo: Yeah! Lived in the barracks,(not anymore) a police one at that, for 19 years..where lawlessness and moral decadence was the order of the day. Had d option of either imbibing those rascally habits, as seen practised by the *area boys* or dare 2 be different. A task even made harder when, growing up as a kid, u can't draw up any form of inspiration from other older barrack boys / girls as they very easily chose to adopt the already established notorious lifestyle. I won't forget what one taxi man said to me while giving me a ride home from the bus terminal after my semester exams. "So Police don dey send their children go university?"...he ended up collecting half the agreed fare. I must say though, that both my parents were strict disciplinariasn, and the no - nonsense type. Trust me, I've been there, seen it all, consciously picked the good virtues, and deliberately avoided the bad.. I'm thoroughly refined!
yap...u can choose d bad or d gud virtues
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by senatorweedman: 1:28am On Mar 13, 2013
dats not an experience.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by knockturnal(m): 1:29am On Mar 13, 2013
Barry boy for life. I rep camp 5, Ojo Military barracks, Lasgidi.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by chucky234(m): 1:34am On Mar 13, 2013
You lived in the wrong barracks,I lived in Ojo barracks but never experienced all you listed. Private to corporals lives in room and parlour self contained houses while sergent to master warrant officers live in 2 bedroom flats,officers from the rank of second lieutenant to captain live in 3 bedroom flats with major and above live in 4 - 5 bedroom duplex with two sitting rooms.
You also have bachers for bachelors and soldiers children,the barracks is the biggest in west Africa enormous space of land. Officers quarters is also a delight with serene and conducive surrounding.
The mammy is as big as a city on its own with different business to keep soldiers wives and children busy,outsiders are also not left out with many of them as business owners inside the mammy market.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by senatorweedman: 1:42am On Mar 13, 2013
to my blazing souljahs keepn it real in 82 div. one love
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Odunharry(m): 1:44am On Mar 13, 2013
chucky234: You lived in the wrong barracks,I lived in Ojo barracks but never experienced all you listed. Private to corporals lives in room and parlour self contained houses while sergent to master warrant officers live in 2 bedroom flats,officers from the rank of second lieutenant to captain live in 3 bedroom flats with major and above live in 4 - 5 bedroom duplex with two sitting rooms.
You also have bachers for bachelors and soldiers children,the barracks is the biggest in west Africa enormous space of land. Officers quarters is also a delight with serene and conducive surrounding.
The mammy is as big as a city on its own with different business to keep soldiers wives and children busy,outsiders are also not left out with many of them as business owners inside the mammy market.
yap..barrack is different 4m barrack..many police barracks i av seen are the same
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Nobody: 1:45am On Mar 13, 2013
chucky234: You lived in the wrong barracks,I lived in Ojo barracks but never experienced all you listed. Private to corporals lives in room and parlour self contained houses while sergent to master warrant officers live in 2 bedroom flats,officers from the rank of second lieutenant to captain live in 3 bedroom flats with major and above live in 4 - 5 bedroom duplex with two sitting rooms.
ok, that explains it. Cos my family friends lived in a 4 bedroom flat with bathrooms, kitchen etc.. so I was confused when the OP said him and his neighbors shared bathrooms.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by senatorweedman: 1:47am On Mar 13, 2013
odunharry, who be the zombie soldier 4 ur family , way make you live for barracks?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Keke Rider Gets N400K Reward For Returning Lost N300K In Akwa Ibom. Photos / If You Find This Boy,please Call This Number=0805-2675-667 / 12 Ways Will People React When They Hear You Have Hammered - Meme Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.