Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

What's The Difference Between "Finished Completely" And "Completely Finished"? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Difference Between "Finished Completely" And "Completely Finished"? (6563 Views)

18 Things People who attended UNILAG can completely relate To / I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. / Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Difference Between "Finished Completely" And "Completely Finished"? by omaigala(m): 5:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
For quite a while now, I've being trying to juxtapose the later & the former, but I just could not come to a definite conclusion on the contextual & conceptual meanings of both. Pls Nlanders, your unending assistance will be of great help. Thanks.
Re: What's The Difference Between "Finished Completely" And "Completely Finished"? by israel007: 5:51pm On Mar 12, 2013
Finished Completely means you have accomplished the task.

Completely finished is when your boss packs his 2013 model benz and you bash it. Then you are completely finished!
Re: What's The Difference Between "Finished Completely" And "Completely Finished"? by Ajengb: 6:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
Finished completely is when u complete a task while d latter is when something good has turn awry.i e take farouk lawal as an example he's an astute legislator and well respected but because of his involve in d bribery scandal that was made public then he's completely finished or a drowning man as reputation has been affected massively.I hope this help
Re: What's The Difference Between "Finished Completely" And "Completely Finished"? by israel007: 6:30pm On Mar 12, 2013
MOD PLEASE FRONT PAGE

LET'S HELP THIS YOUNG LAD
Re: What's The Difference Between "Finished Completely" And "Completely Finished"? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
It depends the situations that requires application of either of the both, sometimes, people use them as idiomatic expressions, plus they can as well be used interchange-ably. I hope this helps.
Re: What's The Difference Between "Finished Completely" And "Completely Finished"? by omaigala(m): 8:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
Thanks guys, I am learning.
Re: What's The Difference Between "Finished Completely" And "Completely Finished"? by omaigala(m): 8:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ajengb: Finished completely is when u complete a task while d latter is when something good has turn awry.i e take farouk lawal as an example he's an astute legislator and well respected but because of his involve in d bribery scandal that was made public then he's completely finished or a drowning man as reputation has been affected massively.I hope this help
cheesy cheesy
Re: What's The Difference Between "Finished Completely" And "Completely Finished"? by Emmyk(m): 11:09pm On Mar 12, 2013
Almost the same, IMO.

(1) (Reply)

... / This Is One Of The Most Interesting Skyscrapers You'll Ever See / Why Pears Baby Lotion Is Good For All Skin Types

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.