Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,313 members, 7,780,761 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:26 PM

'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality (17466 Views)

Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations / Documentary On Lagos Recently Shown In North America On Documentary Tv Channel: / The Bisi Olatilo Show: Bos Is The Boss Of All Tv Talk Shows In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Klinee: 12:22am On Mar 21, 2013
coogar:

he's not gay, he just felt sorry for the brutality the bisi guy went through in nigeria. people feel sorry for armed robbers getting maimed via jungle justice too. does that make them robbers?
armed rubbers is better than gays.for the 1st instances, y did they allow that animal 2 escape.they wuld hv kill him nw
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by noperson: 12:37am On Mar 21, 2013
Adekdammy: yea he has parents, inshort well respected, some of d siblings are devoted xtians and he led so many of dem to christ , he nids prayers and not condemnatn
yes, he does have parents and siblings that are devoted Christians.He just chose that way of life. His mum is a very devoted Christian so also are his sisters
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by noperson: 12:47am On Mar 21, 2013
coogar:

so you know this guy from his early years?
please tell us more about him. where did he live? which school? what was his teenage years like? was he abused as a child? sodomised by pedophilēs? how does one change from a soldier of God to a flaming faggöt overnight?
he is or would say was a very good friend of mine. We both went to unilag and he used to live at mushin area. We have long lost touch. He is actually a very nice guy and very funny. Always willing to help others. Didn't know he was gay, I just thought he acts feminine cos he has a lot of sisters. I used to mock him about the way he walk, talked and carried himself. Making jokes that he should have come to the world as a lady. I was really surprised when I was told he went on air in 2004 to openly declare he is gay. I wish him all the best in life. Saw the YouTube video today, demola as we call him is still the same person I used to know. His voice has not changed neither has he added any flesh, still as lepa as always.

1 Like

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by porka: 12:50am On Mar 21, 2013
johnkent:
And there's a reason why you wouldn't get into a polygamous relationship. Because you are a smart, education, strong black woman. Only if we had more women like you. There's absolutely no reason in this modern world that we live in for a woman to be in such a relationship. Polygamy is a way of degrading women and way to see them more as a commodity than an actual human that they are. I'm a guy but I feel very strongly about women's rights and Gay rights if you have't figured that out yet.

1) Are you a polygamist?

2) If Yes, did you go into polygamy to "degrade" women?

3) Do you know that there are Harvard/Oxford educated Nigerians/Africans in polygamous marriages? Are they being degraded as well?

4) Do you know what is called CULTURE and TRADITION?

5) Do you bother to study African cultures and traditions before you jumped into sensitive issues like despicable practices like homosexuality?

6) Do you know it is better to leave us Africans alone this time than think/plan any enslavement and colonialistic moves?

7) Do you know we are better prepared than the last time to resist any attempts to enslave us through forceful homosexuality messages?

cool Do you know this stupid homosexuality messages being forced on Africans cannot be attempted elsewhere? China, Russia, The Vatican, India, Italy etc?

9) I implore you Mr Kent, take your message back home to your country. It's dead on arrival.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by porka: 1:00am On Mar 21, 2013
sweet_gala:

Polygamy is not a stupid part of our bloody culture. It is a stupid act we allowed to grow and become accepted.
If you descend from a true polygamous home you would never wish it on your enemy.
On this same NL a topic of how a lady poisoned and stabbed her husband for daring to introduce a second wife exists as deterrence for young men to avoid such a life .
Polygamy breeds hatred, jealousy, vengeance and all sorts of evil calculations. The death of the patriarch always develops into mini wars.

If you are not polygamous and never will why are you here supporting such a practice

There are also many polygamous family that have done well for themselves and are the envy of the society.

Hatred, jealousy, vengeance and all sorts of evil calculations are human tendencies, they occur in every society irrespective of the form marriage, they are not exclusive to polygamous setting.

BTW polygamy is really not Africa specific, there are groups in North America who are into it. Mitt Romney's grandparents migrated to Mexico because of polygamy.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by noperson: 1:04am On Mar 21, 2013
efosanice: but honestly, i don't think people threaten to kill gays in Nigeria, just saying.
I believe Nigerians are just hypocrites. It is only those that get caught that they start condemning. "Everybody na thief, na person wey dem catch, people dey call barawo". U need to go to Nigeria universities to see rich guys coming at nite to pick up male students. It has even been reported that they make more money on the runs than aristo babes. Everybody is entitled to his/her own sexuality. If someone decides to be gay, it is the person's sexual preference, let God be the judge as we all have our individual sins. Lets worry about our lives than condemning others.

3 Likes

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by johnkent(m): 1:21am On Mar 21, 2013
porka:

1) Are you a polygamist?

2) If Yes, did you go into polygamy to "degrade" women?

3) Do you know that there are Harvard/Oxford educated Nigerians/Africans in polygamous marriages? Are they being degraded as well?

4) Do you know what is called CULTURE and TRADITION?

5) Do you bother to study African cultures and traditions before you jumped into sensitive issues like despicable practices like homosexuality?

6) Do you know it is better to leave us Africans alone this time than think/plan any enslavement and colonialistic moves?

7) Do you know we are better prepared than the last time to resist any attempts to enslave us through forceful homosexuality messages?

cool Do you know this stupid homosexuality messages being forced on Africans cannot be attempted elsewhere? China, Russia, The Vatican, India, Italy etc?

9) I implore you Mr Kent, take your message back home to your country. It's dead on arrival.

Don't forget slave masters were also educated at Harvard and oxford so Your whole analogy doesn't hold water. You need to sit back and think about the crap you just wrote. You are still living in the medieval ages where you think you can you have as many women and young girls as you can because "tradition" says its okay. You need to let go of that archaic mentality or you might never make it in this modern world of ours. I bet you wouldn't let any of your sisters get married to a polygamist for very obvious reasons.
Folks like you are exactly what's holding Nigeria and Nigerian women back!!! Get some common sense, education, and embrace the modern society.

1 Like

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by johnkent(m): 1:24am On Mar 21, 2013
porka:

There are also many polygamous family that have done well for themselves and are the envy of the society.

Hatred, jealousy, vengeance and all sorts of evil calculations are human tendencies, they occur in every society irrespective of the form marriage, they are not exclusive to polygamous setting.

BTW polygamy is really not Africa specific, there are groups in North America who are into it. Mitt Romney's grandparents migrated to Mexico because of polygamy.

Have you asked yourself why his family migrated to Mexico where polygamy is tolerated Because the Americans were too smart to tolerate that nonsense.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by manny4life(m): 2:00am On Mar 21, 2013
Klinee: armed rubbers is better than gays.for the 1st instances, y did they allow that animal 2 escape.they wuld hv kill him nw

If Armed Robbers are better than gays, well then, so shall it be for you my brother... SAY AMEN.

1 Like

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by bomly(f): 4:13am On Mar 21, 2013
Anyway the guy has a right to His sexuality
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by SisiKill1: 4:38am On Mar 21, 2013
Lmao @ still as lepa as always.

Okay naa lipsrsealed
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by PastorAji(m): 5:21am On Mar 21, 2013
No mind them......
In the beginning it was ADAM and EVE not "ADAM and STEVE"....it was ADAM and EVE not "ADA and EVELYN"

grin steeeeeeewwwwwwpppeeeeddd phelllowwwss
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by yommy2sure(m): 6:36am On Mar 21, 2013
Bro Demola.... I bet there are still many bro demolas in churches and fellowships secretly admiring the pastors ynash...lol cheesy
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by igboboy1(m): 7:08am On Mar 21, 2013
[size=14pt]Another MAULAG UNILAG GRADUATE AH AH
FIRST NA "OGA AT THE TOP" NOW NA THIS BISI?

BROS J YOU FOR DON USE EXECUTIVE POWERS CHANGE THE NAME OF THAT AKARA SCHOOL TEY TEY...YOU SEE AS THEIR GRADUATES ARE EMBARRASSING US LEFT AND RIGHT
[/size]
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by elliottibanga(m): 7:09am On Mar 21, 2013
Klinee: u are a gay shut up.

Why do Nigerians use Homophobic behavior like white garments to show how "holy" they think they are?

Anyway, we as a society are on a learning curve. One day we shall all realize which is worse between two adults being intimate in thier own way and a country having one of the worst infant mortality rates in the world. Between two people caring for each other and an oil rich nation not being able to power any of its cities for 24 hours.

Its just a matter of time.

2 Likes

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by igboboy1(m): 7:22am On Mar 21, 2013
elliottibanga:

Why do Nigerians use Homophobic behavior like white garments to show how "holy" they think they are?

Anyway, we as a society are on a learning curve. One day we shall all realize which is worse between two adults being intimate in thier own way and a country having one of the worst infant mortality rates in the world. Between two people caring for each other and an oil rich nation not being able to power any of its cities for 24 hours.

Its just a matter of time.

Bia nwoke'm o di ka e na Chu nwoke...kwu eziokwu
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by elliottibanga(m): 7:35am On Mar 21, 2013
igbo boy:

Bia nwoke'm o di ka e na Chu nwoke...kwu eziokwu

I dont speak Zulu, please translate.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by slavia(m): 8:07am On Mar 21, 2013
Gay this.....Gay that
Please people of the world, we have enough problems already with terrorism, economic melt-down, global warming, etc.
In the spirit of live and let live, i accept that there are homosexuals living among us, as long as they don't go around forcefully hitting on innocent people as a result of the advantage they have in terms of same sex proximity, then no qualms. But when it comes to legalizing same sex marriages.....now that's on a whole new level, anything legal always has multidimensional implications; economic, administrative, etc (This is a whole new topic)
But let the truth be told.....homosexuality (irrespective of the religious stance) is simply not natural....Period.
i will only be ready to discuss this further when a dog, cow or monkey humps the same sex
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by elliottibanga(m): 8:25am On Mar 21, 2013
slavia: Gay this.....Gay that
Please people of the world, we have enough problems already with terrorism, economic melt-down, global warming, etc.
In the spirit of live and let live, i accept that there are homosexuals living among us, as long as they don't go around forcefully hitting on innocent people as a result of the advantage they have in terms of same sex proximity, then no qualms. But when it comes to legalizing same sex marriages.....now that's on a whole new level, anything legal always has multidimensional implications; economic, administrative, etc (This is a whole new topic)
But let the truth be told.....homosexuality (irrespective of the religious stance) is simply not natural....Period.
i will only be ready to discuss this further when a dog, cow or monkey humps the same sex

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Yooguyz: 10:22am On Mar 21, 2013
Klinee: armed rubbers is better than gays.for the 1st instances, y did they allow that animal 2 escape.they wuld hv kill him nw
clap for yourself, lets see y don't we move the notion to criminalize homosexuals with the death sentence
errh...lets see you are the 1st person on the death row
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by newacca: 10:52am On Mar 21, 2013
SUB'HANALLAH shocked shocked
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by imotondo(m): 11:20am On Mar 21, 2013
masonkz:

Exactly...and we will.

how is ur mum and sisters?....she must be in a regretful mood for long grin
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by slavia(m): 11:27am On Mar 21, 2013
@elliottibanga
Please i urge you to realize where you are. you don't just brandish the link to a site claiming the existence of gay animals as justification for the legalization of same-sex marriages. Funny enough it happens to be Wikipedia, a so called online encyclopedia where anyone uploads what ever they want.
Nevertheless, i appreciate your throwing some light on the issue but you need to understand that info from the internet goes both ways.....check this link out
http://www.narth.com/docs/animalmyth.html
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by coogar: 11:40am On Mar 21, 2013
bomly: Anyway the guy has a right to His sexuality

of course, just like your next door neighbour has a right to bestiality.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by sweetgala(m): 11:45am On Mar 21, 2013
porka:

I think polygamy would suit you. My one lifetime advice to you would be to give it a try since you advocate it so passionately.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by grandstar(m): 11:47am On Mar 21, 2013
The bible condemns homosexuality *Romans 1:26,27

The bible also condemns fornication, drunkenness, greediness and a host of others and says those doing these things will not inherit the kingdom of God (1 Cor 6:9-11)

It is hypocritical to condemn gays and ignore the others. Why see the spec in your brothers eye when there is a log in your own eye.

I reject homosexuality but also condemn homophobia *Matthew 7:20
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Klinee: 1:19pm On Mar 21, 2013
noperson: I believe Nigerians are just hypocrites. It is only those that get caught that they start condemning. "Everybody na thief, na person wey dem catch, people dey call barawo". U need to go to Nigeria universities to see rich guys coming at nite to pick up male students. It has even been reported that they make more money on the runs than aristo babes. Everybody is entitled to his/her own sexuality. If someone decides to be gay, it is the person's sexual preference, let God be the judge as we all have our individual sins. Lets worry about our lives than condemning others.
if u dnt knw it,just knw it now.many pple were anxiously waitin 2 see those pple who ar gay physcaly 2 kill but dey dnt see dem,of which am 1 of dem.we only hear stories but we dnt see.if u doubt it jost went 2 onitsha main market and say dat u ar a gay,let me knw weda u wil come back alive.all dis gay talk u pple most talk here is wat make pple feel relax abut gay.if doubt it try it publicly u wil see by urself.and no rich guy dat com nd pick any guy in university,it only u dat dey pick .tunda fi.re u, mu.mu, eidiot, animal, u wil die.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by noperson: 1:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
Klinee: if u dnt knw it,just knw it now.many pple were anxiously waitin 2 see those pple who ar gay physcaly 2 kill but dey dnt see dem,of which am 1 of dem.we only hear stories but we dnt see.if u doubt it jost went 2 onitsha main market and say dat u ar a gay,let me knw weda u wil come back alive.all dis gay talk u pple most talk here is wat make pple feel relax abut gay.if doubt it try it publicly u wil see by urself.and no rich guy dat com nd pick any guy in university,it only u dat dey pick .tunda fi.re u, mu.mu, eidiot, animal, u wil die.
I was see that you are as narrow minded as you write. U have never within the four walls of a university as a student, so u cant know or even begin to imagine what goes on there. Homosexuality has been in existence way back before u were even born. If u studied history or even read the bible, u will know that homosexuals have been in existence. Read Gen 19: 1-6 (NIV), the famous story of sodom gomorrah and its destruction based on their immorality. Even the angels God sent to destroy them were going to be raped by the people. So sitting in your narrow mind and saying it is a western thing is all nonsense. When God was ready to deal with people of sodom and gomorrah, he did not need humans to crucify or condemn them. He sent his angels down to do the work. Face your own sins and put your time to productive things.

1 Like

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by noperson: 1:40pm On Mar 21, 2013
Klinee: if u dnt knw it,just knw it now.many pple were anxiously waitin 2 see those pple who ar gay physcaly 2 kill but dey dnt see dem,of which am 1 of dem.we only hear stories but we dnt see.if u doubt it jost went 2 onitsha main market and say dat u ar a gay,let me knw weda u wil come back alive.all dis gay talk u pple most talk here is wat make pple feel relax abut gay.if doubt it try it publicly u wil see by urself.and no rich guy dat com nd pick any guy in university,it only u dat dey pick .tunda fi.re u, mu.mu, eidiot, animal, u wil die.
If u claim to be one of the people waiting to kill gay guys, then you must also be among the jobless people with no ambition or dreams cos if you ve a job or you are aspiring to be someone in life, you would be too busy making your life better than waiting time lying in wait for gay poeple.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Lenny5000(m): 2:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
I voted for the Video and hope it wins. I have so much love and respect for Funmi Inyanda after watching this clip... I was almost in Tears watching her struggle with tears too.. Hope to meet her someday

As for my Nigerian people, I already know they have long taken Judgement from the hands of GOD so on Judgement day it will be the millions of Holy Nigerians that will be doing the Judgement.. But before we get to that time, I pray Nigerians use their strong passion to fix the country, stop corruption, fix the roads, Build hospitals, create jobs and fix the Power problem. Bless

3 Likes

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 21, 2013
Lenny5000: I voted for the Video and hope it wins. I have so much love and respect for Funmi Inyanda after watching this clip... I was almost in Tears watching her struggle with tears too.. Hope to meet her someday

As for my Nigerian people, I already know they have long taken Judgement from the hands of GOD so on Judgement day it will be the millions of Holy Nigerians that will be doing the Judgement.. But before we get to that time, I pray Nigerians use their strong passion to fix the country, stop corruption, fix the roads, Build hospitals, create jobs and fix the Power problem. Bless

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 21, 2013
Lenny5000: I voted for the Video and hope it wins. I have so much love and respect for Funmi Inyanda after watching this clip... I was almost in Tears watching her struggle with tears too.. Hope to meet her someday

+1000000000 likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show / Nollywood Or Igbowood? / "The Walking Dead" - Season 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.