Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? (35408 Views)

NYSC To Deploy Doctors, Pharmacists To IDPs Camps / NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi / NYSC Should Be Extended to Two Years – Jang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by justarealist: 8:46pm On Mar 13, 2013
Craaaaaaaaap!!!
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by gudugudumeje: 9:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
More enslavement at below minimum wage when they should be liberated from economic subjugation dat officially sponsored unemployment by successive FGN since 1986 has thrown the youths into..... The 1999 Constitution ad its operation having worsened matters.....while church & religious authorities pander to FGN evils ad so on.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by muyishalom: 9:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
This proposed extension is nearly not feasible cos it means either the going to camp thing will be done every two years for sustainability or the whole states will be flooded with corpers if they continue to swear in 3 times yearly but passing out biennially. The government will spend more money on allowee without achieving anything. The end will not justify the means then. Come to think of it this is naija, the nation reffered to as the most wasteful of all in the world. Anything fit happen sha
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by CharlesShaw(m): 9:44pm On Mar 13, 2013
Stanley07:

aboki self won talk
Laff don tear my yansh! Aboki no be human being? grin
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by djoyz: 10:11pm On Mar 13, 2013
May God fogiv d mouth dt said dt. Dis top officials hv nothin gud in mind fo d youth. Year of slavery de called selfless service. Year of torture, hunger, hardship. Year dt one sleeps wit one eye open, yet de wanna increase it. I hold ntn against d person dt motioned such bill, cos he dosnt knw wat it takes. May God save Nigeria frm our wicked and hard hearted leaders.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
shakaz: makaranta ba dole ba (school no be by force).

Jamb 2years, course 5years, service 2years.
Making it ''Nine Years Schooling Country'' (NYSC)
I agree!

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 2:17am On Mar 14, 2013
Two yrs on 19k per month? I'd rather become a bus conductor.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 6:39am On Mar 14, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Two yrs on 19k per month? I'd rather become a bus conductor.
LWKMD
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by selinasemma: 7:35am On Mar 14, 2013
our leadership has a problm. am a batch c corps mem presently serving in akwa ibom state. yestday we d corps mem had an issue wit d principal at our ppa. 1 of dia studnts attacked a corps mem n d sch authority did nothing abt it. now pls tell me ppl, is it dat kind of envirnmt one shd stay for two years?
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by CrazyMan(m): 7:52am On Mar 14, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Two yrs on 19k per month? I'd rather become a bus conductor.
Just listen to yourself...
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Edeze(m): 8:18am On Mar 14, 2013
In history dey made seem like d foregners were d real people who put us into slavery bt we were d real people who enslaved ourselves... DIS A MODERN AND INDIRECT SLAVERY!!!
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by tolasquare(m): 9:40am On Mar 14, 2013
Dis nah wahala, 1 year is ok. Let's 4get about 2 years.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by ChikezieU(m): 9:52am On Mar 14, 2013
followed by a reasonable allowance, good if not thunder fire them all
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 16, 2013
I'm not in support of that. It is actually a waste of our precious time.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 17, 2013
Na lie
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 17, 2013
Amaaskia:

I guess you've never left your house before that's why you think the south is hostile. The south is way more peaceful and BETTER than your stinking north. Ishie!!!!!

Oh btw I'm from Akwa ibom state cheesy cheesy
im a northerna born n bred in asaba...iv bin to places in d south,,i assure u d south is far more hostile
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2013
fujirice:
Hihihihihihihihihihihihi! I feel you bro. No mind those pipo that never left d comfort of their homes but they know wetin they happen to the North pass Emir of Kano, Kaduna, Sokoto and Maidugari all put together
yes nw
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 17, 2013
Cashio: wch part of de south is hostile malam...or they only wanna extend it so dt those serving in ur north who escaped boko haram in the 1st yr will live to testify the second yr.....
aluu community
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Fellonigerians: 2:41pm On Mar 18, 2013
If the 2 years will be utilized well in training the graduates and preparing them for the real world, it is a good idea... The govt should also peg the minimum salary at an amount which will make sure that the graduates can take care of themselves (at least at minimum wage or slightly less)...

It all depends on the improvements to be made in the scheme!!!
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by rufflychux(m): 12:30pm On Mar 23, 2013
Why dem no go increase the NYSC service years when even university graduates themselves no fit find work... Them just dey pile up like traffic jam.
I no understand this country at all. Our flag na -
Green - Agriculture
White - Peace
Peace? Yet Boko Haram dey make us die in pieces.
We call ourselves a Democratic country, equality for all, yet only an
1. Hausa
2. Igbo
3. Yoruba
...is allowed to be president.

We are the 6th largest oil producing country in the world but corruption has rotten everything.

Truth is nothing makes any sense in this country.
Nigeria does not have a Democracy, we have a Demo-CRAZY.
A demo of The CRAZIEST.
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by ADUNOKIKI(f): 6:48pm On Mar 24, 2013
In a country where we have a lot of youth addicted to social networks, we should use the social networks to spread the message that the so called NYSC, should be scrapped. People are deprived from serving in private sectors, they are taken to schools, LGA e.t.c to serve.
The government are looking for cheap labour, they are wasting the lives of many youths in the name of NYSC. Education in university is four years while their children go abroad to study in universities that are 3yrs to earn a degree and 4yrs to earn a degree plus masters. After making youth spend four years for a degree that ought to be 3yrs, now they want them to spend two years wearing khaki. What a mess. I think youths should come out and put an end to NYSC, why can't they (govt) introduce a scheme that helps student immediately in final year get a job posting and not service. That way people get a job from their final year, that's what a country like Nigeria needs. A govt that rejected the bill to pay unemployed graduates just 20k, are re-colonising their youths by extending service year.

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by Wifeysist(f): 7:30pm On Mar 30, 2013
@adunokiki, U̶̲̥̅̊ r totally on point.approvd & stampd
Re: NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? by wallexdipo: 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
If payment is 100k.....I will carry go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Corper's Tennis Shoes In Camp (funny Picture) / Poor State Of Corpers Lodge In Odi, Bayelsa State (Photos) / Help!he Impregnanted An SS1 Student At His PPA.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.