Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Nigerians And Blackberry Mentality - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians And Blackberry Mentality (726 Views)

How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry / Nokia Tv Receiver Device, Nokia 3110c And Blackberry 7290 For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians And Blackberry Mentality by Nobody: 6:33am On Mar 13, 2013
BlackBerry mobile has been the talk of the day ahead of other smart phones in Nigeria since 2010. To many Nigerians its their best friend and to others its part of their life, people who don't use blackberry nowadays in Nigeria re relegated and often described archaic and old fashioned people, often at time many people can do anything to have one no matter what they give in return in the name of pinging.
A cousin of mine who came on holidays to visit us in d state was so desperate to go back to Nigeria with a bold 5 just to off and that Nigeria girls only mingle with blackberry users, no minding whether its a smart phone or not. I must use bold 5 he kept saying, although he got one.
A friend of mine who has been offline from facebook for long when he finally came back online I ask him why he has been off for so long, he said he was unable to subscribe a the time, so many dependent folks who has no source of income considering d recession in Nigeria uses BlackBerry know that its more expensive to maintain than other phones.
The other day I send a link to my friend to watch live football match, his so called highly rated bb torch could not perform the simple task, what my cheap htc one can do even more.
If you ask an average Nigerian teenagers or youths to pick between blackberry and his tuition sorry to say must we pick blackberry. my view here is what is so special about the blackberry? I once use curve 7; it hang every now and then, you have to do battery pull all the time, the battery life is very short and it can not be connected to pc as a modern unlike androids.
Each time am on Facebook chat with my pals in Nigeria , the first thing they ask my is my Bb pin, I kept telling them why don't u ask if I have one before asking me of my Bb pin, na normal thing to get bb they reply.
Am not here to condemn the phone but just to let us know that we don't have to do things that we don't even know why we are doing them , so alarming most people don't know why they re using the phone.
Re: Nigerians And Blackberry Mentality by Nobody: 6:45am On Mar 13, 2013
I think the 'crazi*ess' for blackberry can be found it the name itself. It's a well-researched branded name.
Re: Nigerians And Blackberry Mentality by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 13, 2013
Mk una no vex ,because truth better well well
Re: Nigerians And Blackberry Mentality by babarazy: 7:45am On Mar 13, 2013
Its not necessary u use a blackberry. Its just a matter of choice. Aight?
Re: Nigerians And Blackberry Mentality by Osumare2013: 9:35am On Mar 13, 2013
ighoosagie: Am not here to condemn the phone but just to let us know that we don't have to do things that we don't even know why we are doing them , so alarming most people don't know why they re using the phone.
Dis is like d 100th write-up condemning blackberry dat I've seen online. But blackberry still remains d most purchased smartphone in dis part of d world. Go ask urself why. U can't tell me all those usin BB are all nuts or uninformed.
Just stick to what works for u, okay? Stop dis bashing abt BB, iphone, android. It's like arguing abt which is beta between Chelsea and Barca...it's an unending arguement.

(1) (Reply)

Tecno D5 Or N3. Which Should I Buy? Pls Advice. / K / Which Of These Is Your First Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.