Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,683 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? (8360 Views)

Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram / Presidential Pardon For Major Hamza Almustapha / Alamieyeseigha, Others To Get State Pardon Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by Itohen: 8:12am On Mar 13, 2013
Fellow Nairalandes, what is your take on the recently announced state pardon granted to ex-VIPs convicts by the national council of state presided over by president jonathan. The question therefore, is this decision right or wrong? As it has been greeted with mixed reactions from the public.
Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by jeron1(m): 8:31am On Mar 13, 2013
Politics is politics... All what's Jonathan is trying to do is gettin support for his ambitions come 2015... He is trying to win the heart of few over many just for his return to Aso rock
Front page plsss
Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by ochukoccna: 8:47am On Mar 13, 2013
jeron1:
Politics is politics... All what's Jonathan is trying to do is gettin support for his ambitions come 2015... He is trying to win the heart of few over many just for his return to Aso rock
Front page plsss

Politics has implications, local and global, especially international implications
Alams was convicted for stealing state funds while the rest where convicted for planning a phantom coup,let's not forget that
I've known Ebele was clueless and corrupt, but this move is befuddling

I hope Ibori will be apologised to ,get a state pardon and his loot returned when he finishes his time in gaol
Welcome to Nigeria,where all you need to live the life of a rock star is be a government official

7 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by ITbomb(m): 8:49am On Mar 13, 2013
People need to understand that it is not the FG as per Executive arm of government that single handedly gave the pardon .
The pardon was made by the Council of State which include Buhari, it is an elders council not ministers' forum that GEJ can influence.
Anybody mentioning clueless here should know that that include Buhari , Gowon , IBB , Abubakar etc

3 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by UnknownMember: 8:50am On Mar 13, 2013
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A WHILE, PRESIDENT JONATHAN HAS LET ME DOWN.... cry cry
Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by Elshaq(m): 8:52am On Mar 13, 2013
In evrytin in lyf, example shuld strt frm d top. Da hv no reason wot so eva to pardon dem, RULES ARE RULES n are to b binded on evry citizen irrespective of status. I strongly disagree wit da presidential pardon, example shuld hv bin set on dem

2 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by 1shortblackboy: 8:52am On Mar 13, 2013
While they are at it they should aDd tafar balogun, bode george, james ibori.... I never see this kind country b4. If u wan tif, tif better money o

4 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by funken: 8:54am On Mar 13, 2013
This is a shame..a very big shame...The others I can understand because they were politically motivated convictions, but for Alams and the Bank of the North guy.... angry embarassed embarassed undecided lipsrsealed

Alams still has a cases to answer in the UK of which he would definitely still be convicted...

grin Again Jonathan has taken his anti corruption crusade to the highest level grin grin grin grin
Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by coalcoal1(m): 8:56am On Mar 13, 2013
Jonathan is a very loyal man. Alams contributed immensely to where he is today. He is only just paying back.
I won't be surprised if Alams comes out tomorrow to vie for a senate position.
As far as I'm concerned, other beneficiaries of this pardon are just appendages. The real motive is to prepare alams for his future political career
# justmy2kobo#

5 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by chucky234(m): 8:56am On Mar 13, 2013
What do you expect from clueless and dumb Jona,its no surprise jare.

2 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by vlarge: 8:57am On Mar 13, 2013
I don't know why President Goodluck will not understand that ruling this country Nigeria is way bigger than his weak thoughts. It's just so painfull he has not realised that lots of Nigerians has died because of weak governance.

1 Like

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by ochukoccna: 8:58am On Mar 13, 2013
Unknown Member: FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A WHILE, PRESIDENT JONATHAN HAS LET ME DOWN.... cry cry
Just the first time in a while? embarassed embarassed
I pray the NA has the ball$ to take the needful and necessary action
N:B
NA stands for National Assembly not Nigerian Army

2 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by mickyyss: 8:58am On Mar 13, 2013
[size=14pt]This space has been reserved until 2015.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by kajoula(m): 8:59am On Mar 13, 2013
This is completely wrong
However u classify it....a thief is a thief.
These issues should,nt be on public opinion,
It disintegrates nigerias image....naija, goin down every now and then.

Still on still......

God Bless Nigeria.
God punish Corruption.
God/devil punish our corrupt leaders with un-pardonable ill health...

1 Like

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by ecosanders: 9:01am On Mar 13, 2013
Oya laptop doggy come n defend ur master, so retard thnk Nigerians hav dead brain like hm, who doesnt kw dat Alamwateva is d target? Odas pardoned r just smoke screen.

2 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by Fadelex(m): 9:01am On Mar 13, 2013
A very wrong decision, now tell me Y pple shld be afraid of stealing and perpetrate evil acts?? I jst hope dis damages will not go beyond 2015....

1 Like

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by dapachez: 9:01am On Mar 13, 2013
ITbomb: People need to understand that it is not the FG as per Executive arm of government that single handedly gave the pardon .
The pardon was made by the Council of State which include Buhari, it is an elders council not ministers' forum that GEJ can influence.
Anybody mentioning clueless here should know that that include Buhari , Gowon , IBB , Abubakar etc
was Buhari,Abubakar and IBB present when the decisons I mean this particular one was taken? Read the story and get your facts right.

4 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 13, 2013
State Pardon, just like Political Amnesty are political panacea. I understand that many people will be focusing on Alameseigha more than other beneficiaries, so I will like to ask. Was Alams the most corrupt Governor then ? Why was his case different ? I think his arrest and conviction was politically motivated by OBJ to send a message to his opponents, OBJ was also doing same to Mike Adenuga, (although Mike ran away to UK, to avoid arrest), OBJ was arresting these guys to send a message to IBB, Atiku etc. Alams from that experience was inspired to derive a political philosophy which he carefully opines: "There are only two entities you can not fight, God and Government" and I agree. This state pardon, just like the amnesty programme, is a worthy step.

2 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by Maxymilliano(m): 9:03am On Mar 13, 2013
State pardon is at the prerogative of the President and other members of the Council of State and it can sometimes be a a right step in right direction but the inclusion of Mr Diepreye Alamieseigha, the former Governor of Bayelsa State who was convicted for acts of corruption perpetrated while in office is everything that is wrong with the recent State pardon granted by the President.

If the President can be this magnanimous, Major Al-Mustapha should have come ahead of Alams, Mustapha still remain an asset to the country irrespective of his current situation than the former rogue governor of Bayelsa.

According to Bamidele Aturu, granting Presidential pardon to those who were convicted, not of political offences but for dipping their dirty fingers in the common till, and pauperizing hardworking Nigerians in the process is nothing but jail break by the state!

4 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by Chanchit: 9:03am On Mar 13, 2013
As we no dey get shame for this part of the world na. If someone should get caught for this kind of offence in countries like China, Korea, Japan. The person would voluntarily commit suicide, but for our country..! Kai you are a hero.

But GEJ we know the reason for this pardon is Alams, I sincerely xpect northerners to demand pardon for Al-Mustapha too.

2 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by politician(m): 9:04am On Mar 13, 2013
while trying to garner and rally the anti-obj brigade towards 2015, Get should not throw caution to the wind by sacrificing the goodwill of the people on the platter of political permutations.

Some names on that list is an insult to everyone that has ever criticised corruption and a stamp on the notion that this government fellowship with the looters of our treasury.

the goodwill of the people transcend all these yeye permutations... and that will be so costly towards 2015.
Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by timpaker(m): 9:07am On Mar 13, 2013

GEJ has just proven himself to be a disappointment to Nigerians. For Pete sake Alams is a phucking criminal!

How does he justify this phuck up to Nigerians?

Does he think Nigerians have forgiven Alams for the billions of naira he stole hence the VIP pardon?

2 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by ecosanders: 9:07am On Mar 13, 2013
ITbomb: People need to understand that it is not the FG as per Executive arm of government that single handedly gave the pardon .
Shattap dia! Lapdog.(in igbotic ascent ),read d article, GEJ submmited d request, and am sure he must hav seek support frm his cohort in d council.

4 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by Emoticon: 9:07am On Mar 13, 2013
I weep for my country. cry
Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by jeffizy(m): 9:08am On Mar 13, 2013
This decision leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. What lessons are been handed down to the youths by these oldies? When alams ran a whole state account to the ground and got pardoned , then tafa balogun and bode george should be justified to seek pardon too. O my! Nigeria is a country of a-bra-ca-da-bra! The more u look, the more befuddled you get.

2 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by ochukoccna: 9:12am On Mar 13, 2013
Billyonaire: State Pardon, just like Political Amnesty are political panacea. I understand that many people will be focusing on Alameseigha more than other beneficiaries, so I will like to ask. Was Alams the most corrupt Governor then ? Why was his case different ? I think his arrest and conviction was politically motivated by OBJ to send a message to his opponents, OBJ was also doing same to Mike Adenuga, (although Mike ran away to UK, to avoid arrest), OBJ was arresting these guys to send a message to IBB, Atiku etc. Alams from that experience was inspired to derive a political philosophy which he carefully opines: "There are only two entities you can not fight, God and Government" and I agree. This state pardon, just like the amnesty programme, is a worthy step.
Justifying the unjustifiable
Senile Foolishness at its best embarassed embarassed
The same attitude of Doyin Okupe earlier on Channels TV this morning
Chasing shadows and leaving the substance
Steal all you like knowing one day a lootocrat like Ebele will arise to pardon your sins forgetting that a government is only as safe as the people it oversees keep the peace
TUNDE BAKARE, THE ALMIGHTY GOD BLESS YOU SIR
When you spoke earlier, it seemed like sour grapes from losing the election but it is clearer than daylight that,
[size=18pt]THE DESTINY OF EBELE JONATHAN IS TO BANKRUPT NIGERIA[/size]

14 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by timpaker(m): 9:13am On Mar 13, 2013
Billyonaire: State Pardon, just like Political Amnesty are political panacea. I understand that many people will be focusing on Alameseigha more than other beneficiaries, so I will like to ask. Was Alams the most corrupt Governor then ? Why was his case different ? I think his arrest and conviction was politically motivated by OBJ to send a message to his opponents, OBJ was also doing same to Mike Adenuga, (although Mike ran away to UK, to avoid arrest), OBJ was arresting these guys to send a message to IBB, Atiku etc. Alams from that experience was inspired to derive a political philosophy which he carefully opines: "There are only two entities you can not fight, God and Government" and I agree. This state pardon, just like the amnesty programme, is a worthy step.

dude, are you saying this bullshi.t because you are a GEJ fan or as a Nigerian?
For your assertion is worthy of sending you to your fore fathers if you were to say this on any street in Nigeria.

17 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by bravolad(m): 9:13am On Mar 13, 2013
It is very sad and pathetic for those corrupt politicians who were convicted for crimes they actually committed were granted state pardon. They have set a very bad precedence. In developed countries, state pardon is granted to very rare individuals. For instance, if you were wrongly convicted for participating in a coup, you could receive presidential pardon. But in Nigeria, most convicted politicians have been granted state pardon. What signal are they sending to the public? Of course steal, get convicted & receive presidential pardon. Very unfortunate I must confess. Politicians steal with impunity and get away with it.

I dare say Nigeria will continue to wallow in the shackles of underdevelopment with the current crop of leaders who have nothing to offer. It is very obvious that the president is acting out a script, which is the height of incompetence. He has no clue as to how to tackle the numerous challenges facing the country yet he is busy transversing the length & breath of the world which is aimed at wealth accumulation rather than development.

They have no positive response to the problems facing the country in terms of insecurity, economic failure of the country, lack of social amenities, hunger, poverty, unemployment just to mention a few.

It is a big shame that people can steal & go free in this country. Soon, Ibori would be granted state pardon when he serves out his jail term.

We need to rise up & challenge this corruption that has reared it's ugly head against our progress as a people.

3 Likes

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by BlueMurder(m): 9:14am On Mar 13, 2013

Go back to the report, read it thoroughly, comprehend it and come back and review your post!

1 Like

Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by slimfit1(m): 9:14am On Mar 13, 2013

Seriously political they are all PDP members this man na wa oh this your analysis get Kay leg
Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by ckkris: 9:14am On Mar 13, 2013
ochukoccna:
Just the first time in a while? embarassed embarassed
I pray the NA has the ball$ to take the needful and necessary action
N:B
NA stands for National Assembly not Nigerian Army

NA means Nigerian Army
NASS means National Assembly

Are you instigating a coups?
When dem catch you, na treason be that.
You certainly know what you're asking for.
Re: State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? by ddeola: 9:16am On Mar 13, 2013
This wan no b pardon o,na pat on d back for some BIG thieves. So if somebody steal all the moni wey suppose go him state, he still deserve yeye pardon again? Good ridance! These guys have lost focus

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Best Governor / IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order Affecting Preparations For Election in Anambra - INEC / Declare Miyetti Allah As Terrorist Organisation - Governor Ortom Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.