Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? (26222 Views)

15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / Males, Is It Right To Disrespect Your Girlfriend's Or Wife's Father? / 21 Ways That Will Make Your Husband Keep Loving Youmore And More. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by cowgurl: 10:29am On Mar 13, 2013
One attitude I can't stand is - outright disrespect. My body automatically reacts to this unfriendly and trust me, if I were a dude - it won't be taken likely.

As the manner of my church is, we went to evangelize God's word as instructed in the Holy Scriptures - and on getting to this flat, we saw a man doing his laundry outside his home so we went to him and pleaded audience which he obliged.

During our interaction, his wife (who just got back from church) walked past us without any form of pleasantries, then after some minutes, she came back out and spoke to her hubby rudely not minding our presence, for the life of me, I was taken aback - as the husband just stood there and watched her did her thing without a word or an action but instead went ahead and apologized on her behalf when she was through and in.

He then informed us how his wife's attitude towards him changed after he lost his job and tears almost dropped from his eyes, I felt sad for him really but also got thinking if the wife's action were right given the man's plight.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Serendipity: 10:51am On Mar 13, 2013
In my book the answer to this question is not an exclusive preseve of ladies.
It's clear even to the meanest intelligence that when a man's power of providing especially financially becomes spent, only 95 percent of women will continue to hold the same respect for him as they used to when the converse was the case.
Granted, there are others, but this --- financial provisions--- is weighty and of primary importance.
SERENDIPITY.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by nmagirl(f): 11:24am On Mar 13, 2013
*singing* When moni dey, wife go dey when moni no dey, respect go go.
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by nmagirl(f): 11:32am On Mar 13, 2013
i witnessed a similar thing at a salon one day. A lady just finished making hair when the husband came to meet her; with smiles on his face he told the wife that her hair-do is fine and wanted to touch it, to my utmost surprise, she slapped the husband's hand away telling him that he's not ashamed to touch a hair that a man like him paid for. It was so embarrassing, in fact shame leave the man catch me. Some women can be so mean; just because her husband lost his job.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by skillip(m): 1:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
Well, i do agree that the woman's behavior is uncalled for but how was the man treating her when he had and was working. It's sometimes hard to see when all is wfine, at times adversity reflects our true identity just as wealth too does. You may not know what you will do until you have Money, power and fame. Na person swear say him no go deny Jesus.

19 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by victorian(f): 1:39pm On Mar 13, 2013
Nothing will make me disrespect my husband.. Thank God, am buoyant .. He takes care of me , when he is bouyant with cash, why would i want to resent him, if things go wrong moneywise.... nah, God forbid, money is not forth coming from my hussy , there's nothing wrong in assisting our family, financially and spiritually until he bounces back.. It will break my heart to even raise my voice on him... I can't even try it... My mind will not rest at all!... It's wrong!.... Except if he is a serial cheat... I can't stand cheaters...I guess that's the only reason to disrespect him undecided...but I can't sha.

19 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by greatgod2012(f): 1:58pm On Mar 13, 2013
Nothing, he has been with me thru thick and thin, i should also be with him thru thick and thin as well, life is not only what i can get from it, it also involve what we can offer it, infact, when my hubby is financially down, is when i seems to take care of him more than when hes financially bouyant, so that his self-esteem will not be affected as a result of his present financial position, that remind me of when they werent paid for some months, that was when i increased his meats to four, so that, he wont start thinking im reducing his food because he wasnt able to drop much for us. A good husband deserve to be treated well, whether money flows or not, since he hasnt been the stingy type when hes financially bouyant.
Meanwhile, those things i think can make me disrespect him are....
- If he becomes abusive.(God forbid)
- If he turn to a cheat.(God forbid)
But, for now, i just cant, he deserve the best treatment from me.
May God help us all.

32 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by BukkyDan(f): 3:05pm On Mar 13, 2013
God forbids it!
I'd never disrespect him! From what I've seen in my parents marriage, I'd never do that. He loses his job, he does what ever, so far he's still my hubby, that respect would forever be there.

Gosh! Some ladies ehn!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by coogar: 3:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
cowgurl: One attitude I can't stand is - outright disrespect. My body automatically reacts to this unfriendly and trust me, if I were a dude - it won't be taken likely.

As the manner of my church is, we went to evangelize God's word as instructed in the Holy Scriptures - and on getting to this flat, we saw a man doing his laundry outside his home so we went to him and pleaded audience which he obliged.

During our interaction, his wife (who just got back from church) walked past us without any form of pleasantries, then after some minutes, she came back out and spoke to her hubby rudely not minding our presence, for the life of me, I was taken aback - as the husband just stood there and watched her did her thing without a word or an action but instead went ahead and apologized on her behalf when she was through and in.

He then informed us how his wife's attitude towards him changed after he lost his job and tears almost dropped from his eyes, I felt sad for him really but also got thinking if the wife's action were right given the man's plight.

unfortunately, that's the typical attitude of the average nigerian wife. their love/romance is co-joined with the wealth of their husbands. if he's doing well financially, he cannot do any wrong in their eyes(even when he brings home a second wife.....)but let him lose his job and watch the love/romance change into hatred/anger.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by megareal: 3:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
Yea, I've seen some women emasculate their husbands because of changing financial situations. But as someone said earlier, you never may know how the man treated his wife when he was buoyant. Respect begets respect. But truth be told, its best for any spouse to hide his/her inner devil when outside. Dirty laundries should never be aired in public. And it is wrong for any woman to disrespect her husband (especially before witnesses cos anger can make people misbehave sometimes) no matter the provocation. Its good to rattle on but two things I would never do; Openly defy my husband no matter the provocation nor belittle him to feel less than a man at any time.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Onyinyechimara(f): 3:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
greatgod2012: Nothing, he has been with me thru thick and thin, i should also be with him thru thick and thin as well, life is not only what i can get from it, it also involve what we can offer it, infact, when my hubby is financially down, is when i seems to take care of him more than when hes financially bouyant, so that his self-esteem will not be affected as a result of his present financial position, that remind me of when they werent paid for some months, that was when i increased his meats to four, so that, he wont start thinking im reducing his food because he wasnt able to drop much for us. A good husband deserve to be treated well, whether money flows or not, since he hasnt been the stingy type when hes financially bouyant.
May God help us all.

I love this. I absolutely love this. You re my type of person

11 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 13, 2013
Now everybody regroup okay ? Nothing ? For real?

OP, if he ever disrespect my parents for any reason angry ... nobody talks trash bout my family esp my Dad.

Same goes to my family too, don't disrespect my hubby.

Boundary things wink

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 13, 2013
What will make me dis-respect him
Errrm . . . let me see . .
1. If he lies and I find out
2. If he disrespects me first
3. If he refuses to listen to reason, I just ignore him and go ahead and do what I want to (does that count as disrespect undecided )
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by iRichards: 4:02pm On Mar 13, 2013
@OP Quite an unfortunate thing to have witnessed and very nice posts from fellow NLers I must say...I guess the woman in question glossed over the '...for better, for worse...' part of her wedding vows.... undecided
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Abujafood: 5:48pm On Mar 13, 2013
Poverty will make most women to disrespect their husbands!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by UnknownMember: 5:51pm On Mar 13, 2013
Abujafood: Poverty will make most women to disrespect their husbands!

Thats why a MAN has to stay focused and get that paper stacked right..

7 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by UnknownMember: 5:53pm On Mar 13, 2013
nmagirl: i witnessed a similar thing at a salon one day. A lady just finished making hair when the husband came to meet her; with smiles on his face he told the wife that her hair-do is fine and wanted to touch it, to my utmost surprise, she slapped the husband's hand away telling him that he's not ashamed to touch a hair that a man like him paid for. It was so embarrassing, in fact shame leave the man catch me. Some women can be so mean; just because her husband lost his job.

Did he remind her that he was a Spartan?! angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by huninaija(f): 5:53pm On Mar 13, 2013
What would make me disrespect my husband, is is if he doesn't live up to his duties as a man, lies or cheats!

No one is perfect but if the same patterns are happening and theirs no sign of change, omo na to put him in his place oo or he can kindly gerrout!!

No time!! cool
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by baby124: 5:57pm On Mar 13, 2013
Not money, but cheating (with its attendant results) and lying.

Not being able to make decisions about our life, without consulting friends and family.

Not having my back, and acting spineless .

Gossiping. Jesus Christ, i dont like men that gossip at all. My hubby gossiping is a shame on me. Imagine women in the neighborhood coming to insult him, for gbe fila stuff. hmm...

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by vanstanzy(m): 5:59pm On Mar 13, 2013
I bet for most of the ladys, the answer will go like this; he has no money to take care of me n (my kids) and he cant f--k me hard. FALSE?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
cowgurl: One attitude I can't stand is - outright disrespect. My body automatically reacts to this unfriendly and trust me, if I were a dude - it won't be taken likely.

There are two sides to every story
Do you know what the woman had suffered in his hands till she reached her breaking point?
Do you know what transpired before you came in and what she had endured in the years prior?
You should have asked the woman her own side of the story maybe you would have started crying for her sef
A one sided story is a dangerous story

7 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
Not in the business for now, so can't answer
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:03pm On Mar 13, 2013
OP WHY ARE YOU SPREADING MAN-WORSHIP AND CORRUPTING NIGERIANS!!! angry angry angry angry

CHRISTIANITY SURVIVES ON PLAYING WITH PEOPLES EMOTIONS!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by freecocoa(f): 6:06pm On Mar 13, 2013
If he stops respecting himself then I have no option but to help him out with that cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
freecocoa: If he stops respecting himself then I have no option but to help him out with that cheesy

Nne see trouble o
Some men will sit home from morning till night and expect a woman to work like Jacky
And then sound like victims

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 13, 2013
I love this lady! Pls if u hav a sister with ur attitude or u knw any pls let me knw cheiii ur husband is living d life ooo, i wish 2 b in his shoes.
greatgod2012: Nothing, he has been with me thru thick and thin, i should also be with him thru thick and thin as well, life is not only what i can get from it, it also involve what we can offer it, infact, when my hubby is financially down, is when i seems to take care of him more than when hes financially bouyant, so that his self-esteem will not be affected as a result of his present financial position, that remind me of when they werent paid for some months, that was when i increased his meats to four, so that, he wont start thinking im reducing his food because he wasnt able to drop much for us. A good husband deserve to be treated well, whether money flows or not, since he hasnt been the stingy type when hes financially bouyant.
May God help us all.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by biolabee(m): 6:11pm On Mar 13, 2013
vanstanzy: I bet for most of the ladys, the answer will go like this; he has no money to take care of me n (my kids) and he cant f--k me hard. FALSE?

LOL.. Bros U no well
You just laid it right there

PAGAN 9JA:
OP WHY ARE YOU SPREADING MAN-WORSHIP AND CORRUPTING NIGERIANS!!! angry angry angry angry
CHRISTIANITY SURVIVES ON PLAYING WITH PEOPLES EMOTIONS!

Bros.. does your rant actually have any bearing with the topic of a woman not respecting her husband
What she was doing prior is irrelevant to this issue and why are you typing in caps
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by miccodb(m): 6:12pm On Mar 13, 2013
ANYTHING.

Guys be on your guard!
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by coogar: 6:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
nwando:
There are two sides to every story
Do you know what the woman had suffered in his hands till she reached her breaking point?
Do you know what transpired before you came in and what she had endured in the years prior?
You should have asked the woman her own side of the story maybe you would have started crying for her sef
A one sided story is a dangerous story

nwando, go and sit down somewhere with your tunnel vision.
if it was a man mistreating a woman, no one remembers to ask or check what the man has suffered in the woman's hands. it's only when a man is mistreated that people look back on what must have happened. even if the man had suffered her in the past, does that justify disrespecting him in the presence of a third party?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 13, 2013
coogar:

nwando, go and sit down somewhere with your tunnel vision.
if it was a man mistreating a woman, no one remembers to ask or check what the man has suffered in the woman's hands. it's only when a man is mistreated that people look back on what must have happened. even if the man had suffered her in the past, does that justify disrespecting him in the presence of a third party?

Remember that the OP has not told us exactly what happened
I am still waiting to hear what this woman did
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by coogar: 6:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
nwando:
Remember that the OP has not told us exactly what happened
I am still waiting to hear what this woman did

does it matter anymore? anyone who disrespects his/her significant half in public is a disgrace to the institution of marriage! i don't care what transpired - married folks should sort their problems privately and not let a 3rd party in their business.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Nelly1987: 6:24pm On Mar 13, 2013
To me i don't tink direspecting ur husband becos of lack of finance or lost of job is d best. Buh if i may say,if my husband is not providing his duties as man in d house or dis respeting me publickly can never make me disrespect him or insult him in public cos me doing dat in public will creat a nusance and make a fool of ourslf in public all in d name of retalating. Rather i pray 2 God n before u no it everything is gonna take place 4 good.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? / Happy Mother's Day: Share Your Mum's Photos And Pray For Her / How Many Children Would You Like To Have??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.