Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert (14903 Views)

The Seeds That Can Destroy Cancerous Cells / Can A Subcutaneous Mass(lipoma?) Of Over 5 Years Be Cancerous? / Sachet 'pure' Water Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by okon007: 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2013
Prof. Amobi Ilika has advised those who consume sachet water (popularly called pure water) exposed to heat to be wary in order to avoid drinking cancerous substances.
Ilika, who is the Director of Community and Public Medicine at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital (NAUTH), Nnewi, said sachet water exposed to heat beyond room temperature could be cancerous.
He said the heat could melt some of the substances used in making the polythene bags.
According to him, the polythene bags contain cancerous materials that are harmful to the body.
“The most important is the deterioration of the water while in polythene bags made of synthetic petroleum; since the polythene bags are weather-sensitive.
“Some of the properties of the polythene bags made of synthetic petroleum product materials melt into the water after sun-ray or heat exposure.
“Thus, carcinogenic materials will drop into the water. The polythene bags also develop germs and micro organisms which enter the water through the deterioration of the polythene bag,’’ he said. (NAN)

http:///health/sachet.html

1 Like

Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by UnknownMember: 5:57pm On Mar 13, 2013
Ok...

Government should then subsidize bottled water!! angry

2 Likes

Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by iamswizz(m): 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2013
Well.. As per sey sun dey beat person dis days .....Na only confirm cold pure water i dey drink sha..

2nd.
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
i already know this. water in plastic bottles can cause cancer, especially if use the same bottle to drink over and over again.

2 Likes

Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by RedLight1: 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
Unknown Member: Ok...

Government should then subsidize bottled water!! angry
must government do everything
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by JUO(m): 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
we hear
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by rockcitie: 6:03pm On Mar 13, 2013
Hmmmmm... the average Nigerian is in trouble, at this rate.

1 Like

Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by madamebebe(f): 6:04pm On Mar 13, 2013
Waiting for the 'what/where/i have never drank/ never seen/ where is it sold' comments grin

Good info by the way.
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 13, 2013
Who are we to believe then? The same researchers said exposing your sachet water to sunlight and heat will kill the germs in it. Now its different story. I hope they won't say having too much sex with my wife will give me cancer of the Joystick

2 Likes

Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by baby124: 6:05pm On Mar 13, 2013
yea, this is true.
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by Leemak: 6:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
OK ooooo Oga Doctor......may God almighty save our lives in the persistence absence of pipe-borne drinkable water in dis entity called Nigeria named by a concumbine!!!
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by UnknownMember: 6:09pm On Mar 13, 2013
Red-Light:
must government do everything

YES!!!

2 Likes

Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by jjwaterfalls(f): 6:09pm On Mar 13, 2013
So what is the solution, because virtually most vendors display their goods outside including bags of pure water. cry

1 Like

Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by Morgan1092(m): 6:11pm On Mar 13, 2013
Ok. Ova 2 table water
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by olapluto(m): 6:12pm On Mar 13, 2013
Miss information. Gross misinformation in fact! What temperature is it that the water will be heated to to cause breakdown of materials in it? My country people, please ignore this report. You cannot get cancer from pure water in sachets. Quote me anywhere!

4 Likes

Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by theripper: 6:21pm On Mar 13, 2013
I dey open tap dey drink my own directly so I dey safe.
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by Euckybaby(f): 6:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
God help us

1 Like

Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by TSpayne: 6:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
This article is not only true but also very incomplete.

1. All plastic foood packaging do contain hydrocarbons which are carcinogenic

2. ANY extreme temprature hot or cold can cause the release of these hyrdrocarbons into food. Freezing as well as heating.

3. Many of these hydrocarbons are chemically identical to human Estrogens. An example is BPA. Bisphenol A.

4. Bisphenol A can cause breast and gynaecological cancers in women. Also it causes lowered sperm count and penis shrinkage in males.

Google is your friend.

3 Likes

Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
very true..i took pure water the other day that has been exposed to sunlight, throughout that week i had smelly, runny stomach...but later after carefully macroscopic examination of the remaining satchets cheesy cheesy, chillingly i noticed numerous bubbles in them shocked shocked...it was a very unpalatable sight to behold. folks if you see unusual amounts of bubbles in pure water do not drink!!!!! embarassed angry
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by great063(m): 6:45pm On Mar 13, 2013
Na wa o.
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by agabaI23(m): 6:56pm On Mar 13, 2013
Haba Professor

Lets see where your research findings are published so we know the level of carcinogens released and what temperature they are released and compare that to the average daily temperature in different regions.
If you can't show this prof, please don't speculate.
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by ufumes(m): 7:04pm On Mar 13, 2013
In environmental topology, almost everything is dangerous to health, tell me one thing that u think is not Dangerous?

2 Likes

Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
ola_pluto: Miss information. Gross misinformation in fact! What temperature is it that the water will be heated to to cause breakdown of materials in it? My country people, please ignore this report. You cannot get cancer from pure water in sachets. Quote me anywhere!

And who are you? Why dont u show us ur own research on d topic instead of just ranting we shld quote u anywhere.

1 Like

Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by agabaI23(m): 7:17pm On Mar 13, 2013
Kamsy10:

And who are you? Why dont u show us ur own research on d topic instead of just ranting we shld quote u anywhere.
Did the prof show his own research?
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by huninaija(f): 7:22pm On Mar 13, 2013
This isn't really news at all, the chemicals used to make the plastic that contains the water could be poisonous to the body if consumed!
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by tashanja(m): 7:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
T-Spayne:
This article is not only true but also very incomplete.

1. All plastic foood packaging do contain hydrocarbons which are carcinogenic

2. ANY extreme temprature hot or cold can cause the release of these hyrdrocarbons into food. Freezing as well as heating.

3. Many of these hydrocarbons are chemically identical to human Estrogens. An example is BPA. Bisphenol A.

4. Bisphenol A can cause breast and gynaecological cancers in women. Also it causes lowered sperm count and penis shrinkage in males.

Google is your friend.

I quite concur, came accross this article carrying the same message, a friend forwarded it to my mail so I don't have the source; but will paste it here for anybody who wish to read it.

PLEASE FORWARD IT TO PEOPLE YOU CARE ABOUT CANCER UPDATE FROM JOHN  HOPKINS   HOSPITAL  , U S - PLEASE READ 1.   No plastic containers in micro.2.   No water bottles in freezer.3.   No plastic wrap in microwave. Johns  Hopkins  has recently sent this out in its newsletters.  This information is being circulated atWalter Reed  Army   Medical   Center  as well.  Dioxin chemicals causes cancer, especially breast cancer.  Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies.  Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.  Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at  Castle   Hospital  , was on a TV program to explain this health hazard.  He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us.  He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers.  This especially applies to foods that contain fat.  He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the c ells of the body.  Instead, he recommends using glass, such as  Corning   Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food.  You get the same results, only without the dioxin.  So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else.  Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper.  It's just safer to use tempered glass,  Corning  Ware, etc.  He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper.  The dioxin problem is one of the reasons. Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave.  As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food.  Cover food with a paper towel instead. This is an article that should be sent to anyone important in your life..
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by DECOtech(m): 7:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
Morgan1092: Ok. Ova 2 table water
Please oh, purewater I know, bottled water I know. What is table water?
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by megareal: 7:32pm On Mar 13, 2013
Hmmmm, @ the rate researchers are giving us the scare, soon we will learn that practically everything humans should eat or use is dangerous!! WTF.
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by babaowo: 7:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
ola_pluto: Miss information. Gross misinformation in fact! What temperature is it that the water will be heated to to cause breakdown of materials in it? My country people, please ignore this report. You cannot get cancer from pure water in sachets. Quote me anywhere!
... e be like say you too dey produce pure water? lol
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by adaptor4all: 8:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
This is really true.'Pure water' sachet is made of PVC-polyvinylchhloride wch is carcinogenic on exposure 2 sunlight.Bitter truth is dt PVC is a risk factor 4 cancer of d gonads as it can cause both testicular cancer and can act as a xenoestrogen-a form f oestrogen totally foreign to d body.
May God help us all
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by ceejay80s(m): 8:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
DECOtech:
Please oh, purewater I know, bottled water I know. What is table water?
water wey dey on top table

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amazing Herbs Black Seed Oil Solution To Many Health Issues / Lagos Discharges More 48 COVID-19 Patients / LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.