Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide (13212 Views)

Arik Air Flights In Lagos Grounded By Unions / Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks / DANA Airline Grounded, Demuren To Step Aside! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by Idileke: 2:31pm On Mar 13, 2013
All Aero Contractors flights were grounded on Wednesday and passengers were stranded nationwide, following an industrial action embarked upon by staff of the troubled airline.
Nigeria’s second biggest airline has been struggling for almost two years and was last year taken over by the Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria, AMCON, because of its heavy debts.
Exact demands of the staff were not known at press time, but a source told our correspondent that they bordered on unpaid salaries and poor conditions of service.
Aero Management apologised in a brief statement for “the inconvenience suffered by our highly esteemed customers due to an abrupt industrial action by our staff which has led to grounding of all our scheduled operations.” The airline said it is engaging with the unions to find a quick and amicable resolution.
“Further details will be given in due course,” the airline said.
At the Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal 2, passengers moved to board other airlines such as Dana Air and IRS.
Many passengers who had booked Aero flights online were yet to be attended to.
Aero Contractors has tried to cut costs for years and stopped giving passengers free snacks on board more than three years ago. It is the only airline in Nigeria that gives nothing to air travellers during flights.
With the price of Jet A1, as aviation fuel is known, now sky high, many Nigerian airlines have been struggling. While some have been grounded over the past year, others are simply gasping for breath.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/03/13/aero-flights-grounded-nationwide/
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by apala911: 2:46pm On Mar 13, 2013
abegi, aero mgt shd do something, i be don book online and dont ve manother money to spare and board via another airline.
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by greedie1(f): 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
apala911: abegi, aero mgt shd do something, i be don book online and dont ve manother money to spare and board via another airline.
abi o.... see wahala
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by vizboy(m): 3:37pm On Mar 13, 2013
:-P how does it affect me smh......

"Riding my bicycle hmmmm uk here i come"
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by Solemntee: 5:19pm On Mar 13, 2013
Aero Contractor Airline Flights Grounded Nationwide-PM News, Lagos

All Aero Contractors flights were grounded on Wednesday and passengers were stranded nationwide, following an industrial action embarked upon by staff of the troubled airline.

Nigeria’s second biggest airline has been struggling for almost two years and was last year taken over by the Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria, AMCON, because of its heavy debts.

Exact demands of the staff were not known at press time, but a source told our correspondent that they bordered on unpaid salaries and poor conditions of service.

Aero Management apologised in a brief statement for “the inconvenience suffered by our highly esteemed customers due to an abrupt industrial action by our staff which has led to grounding of all our scheduled operations.” The airline said it is engaging with the unions to find a quick and amicable resolution.

At the Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal 2, passengers moved to board other airlines such as Dana Air and IRS.

Aero Contractors has tried to cut costs for years and stopped giving passengers free snacks on board more than three years ago. It is the only airline in Nigeria that gives nothing to air travellers during flights.

With the price of Jet A1, as aviation fuel is known, now sky high, many Nigerian airlines have been struggling. While some have been grounded over the past year, others are simply gasping for breath.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/aero-contractor-airline-flights-grounded-nationwide-pm-news-lagos
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by BeraBera(f): 5:22pm On Mar 13, 2013
I really feel for them. How will they get out of their huge debts? Other airlines in operations should better learn from the Aero experience.
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by valdubem(m): 5:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
Nigeria; which way?
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by RedLight1: 5:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
vizboy: :-P how does it affect me smh......

"Riding my bicycle hmmmm uk here i come"
grin grin grin grin
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by jamp: 5:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
strike everywhere

when will nairalanders go on strike??
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by UnknownMember: 5:44pm On Mar 13, 2013
Idileke: All Aero Contractors flights were grounded on Wednesday and passengers were stranded nationwide, following an industrial action embarked upon by staff of the troubled airline.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/03/13/aero-flights-grounded-nationwide/

Na wah o! Dana Air kwa!!

1 Like

Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by Johnnoah1st: 5:45pm On Mar 13, 2013
space reserved till further notice. THANKS
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by mrofficial2(m): 5:45pm On Mar 13, 2013
Now let's see maybe people won't fly Dana. grin
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by rockcitie: 5:47pm On Mar 13, 2013
Eiya, i feel for Aero mgt & staff. Pls let them do quick & resolve this issue. Aero is my favorite airline.
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 13, 2013
I nearly booked aero to Abuja last nite just that my mind was in doubt for no reason. who knows i would have been disappointed. I hope arik wont ground till i go and come back.

1 Like

Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by IYANGBALI: 5:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
apala911: abegi, aero mgt shd do something, i be don book online and dont ve manother money to spare and board via another airline.
abeg make we hear word,you get money to enter hairoplain go your village?see your mouth,no be trailer you dey follow go home?
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by IYANGBALI: 5:56pm On Mar 13, 2013
jamp: strike everywhere

when will nairalanders go on strike??
tomorrow
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by sylbaba: 6:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
Na 2day una knw say yansh dey back
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by lindiwey: 6:10pm On Mar 13, 2013
@iya ngbali,wats d big deal travling by air? Not everyone reasons like u.See as u spell aeroplane(hairoplane) u must be a typical OPC wit ur accent....L=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaOaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))L

2 Likes

Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by israel007: 6:18pm On Mar 13, 2013
Una dey pity aero. Those guys wicked. Them dey cancel flights like mad and them no care. They have cancelled my flight like 7 times! Wicked airline

DANA is the best

1 Like

Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 13, 2013
IYA NGBALI: abeg make we hear word,you get money to enter hairoplain go your village?see your mouth,no be trailer you dey follow go home?
keep shut
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by Reference(m): 6:59pm On Mar 13, 2013
For the umpteenth time I say, Nigeria does not and cannot have a viable airline industry. Whatever you see flying is not and cannot be legit business but the plaything of billionaire rogues and their government and foreign collaborators. Our economy cannot support viable aviation the way it currently runs.
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by playboy19(m): 7:00pm On Mar 13, 2013
israel007: Una dey pity aero. Those guys wicked. Them dey cancel flights like mad and them no care. They have cancelled my flight like 7 times! Wicked airline

DANA is the best

Una dey there now wey them dey talk sey Dana is the best o, if the thing start to dey kee them now, dem go start to dey talk sey Dana na yeye again tongue cheesy Me sha no want make anybody dey expect make i dey waste my pity on dead bodies like the last time
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 13, 2013
jacobscros: keep shut

U are too SERIOUS!!!! can't tell what's a joke right? undecided
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 13, 2013
they should settle down before sunday, cos i dont have extra cash to throw away. God no go let garri see me get teeth.
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 13, 2013
Lol @ Iya Ngbali.
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by groovie(m): 7:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
Reference: For the umpteenth time I say, Nigeria does not and cannot have a viable airline industry. Whatever you see flying is not and cannot be legit business but the plaything of billionaire rogues and their government and foreign collaborators. Our economy cannot support viable aviation the way it currently runs.

Yep.
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by hurricaneChris: 7:20pm On Mar 13, 2013
Rubbish airline!! :-e it affected my intended site supervision in Calabar this morning!

I don't blame dem, the agent that bought aero ticket for me takes d blame.
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 13, 2013
You and other customers una get mind sha. The day I see the kind smoke when de follow that plane for yansh na that day I vow say I go rather use ekedilichukwu motors if no other flight de available. When the plane take off finish, smoke go full tarmac like say 911 drive pass. Even arik when get larger aircrafts, their own engine sound no disturb reach aero and the smoke no get 'tarmac bonus package'.

1 Like

Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by danjkad: 7:41pm On Mar 13, 2013
Hmmmm. Never liked dem 4 once. D 1st Time boarded there flight, a flight dat was suppose 2 take off by 3pm actually took off around 8:30pm and we had 2 pay 4 refreshment. Even if u arthirsty, u buy deir water. Useless airline.
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by Nuzo1(m): 8:38pm On Mar 13, 2013
Apart from their consistent delays, I have no sympathy and have always hated them for selling snacks to me aboard. shocked angry wink

Never experienced such before! angry
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by pak: 9:04pm On Mar 13, 2013
This guys put me through some terrible ish today.

Got to Sokoto airport, only to be told that the flight I had already booked had been cancelled.

Thank God they refunded immediately but that left us with the inconvenience of having to do the sokoto-abuja-lagos connection. Costing like an extra 15k in hard earned cash and ensuring I spent an extra 3 hrs on the trip. Terrible experience really. And to think that the apology text only got to my phone when I was about to land in lag.
Re: Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide by eastOFwest(m): 9:16pm On Mar 13, 2013
sylbaba: Na 2day una knw say yansh dey back

Ehn!! So yansh dey back? So wetin come be that big round thing Wey dey hang for ya front, on top ya waistline? shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

"LASTMA Officials Now Operate Like Pick-Pockets"- Twitter User Shares Experience / Lockdown: Jerry Oche Says Lagos Mass Transit Trains Won’t Resume Yet / Studying In France.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.