Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria (64967 Views)

Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers / FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence / Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 9:33am On Apr 10, 2013
Dr. Black:
how did u confirm that the 6k DL is not fake pls.

Its an original fake. All they do is backdate the date of application.
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by DrBlack(m): 11:26am On Apr 11, 2013
aieromon:

did they also input it in their system? how can i check?
a VIO agent stopped me once and said it was a fake and after all the gra gra i was made to pay 2k.
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 12:48pm On Apr 11, 2013
Dr. Black:

did they also input it in their system? how can i check?
a VIO agent stopped me once and said it was a fake and after all the gra gra i was made to pay 2k.

They can't input the information because the system has stopped generating licenses. Check the validity here

https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/dlApplication/renew
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by DrBlack(m): 1:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
aieromon:

They can't input the information because the system has stopped generating licenses. Check the validity here

OK THANKS, a form for DL renewal came up with no detail apart from DL number, DoB and application date (today) , tried other DL numbers(random numberJAA1234AA) and the same thing came up.
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by cecegorz(m): 3:33pm On Apr 15, 2013
moyems: Hello tweeps. I was @ d FRSC/VIO offices @ Ojodu berger area to process my vehicles papers andd renew my license. Now I have this license which I did less than 2yrs ago and thought am okay where license is concern. When I got to the office to find out how I can renew my vehicle papers/road worthliness/insurance etc I was asked for my license just to confirm if its real or fake and behold they said it was fake and explained to me why. This is what I was made to understand. Doing a license by proxy means u have done a fake license. Proxy means u submitted passports/cash to any individual @ any office as the case may be. The right thing to do is visit a FRSC office, they will check thhe validity and authenticity of ur current license which is the first step. Then if its in their database it means its real but if not it means u did it by proxy and its fake. But for mine, my valid license is fake so I had to present my older license which I knew I did @ a FRSC office in Benin some years ago. This when checked on their system brought my complete data and finally they were able to start off a process for me. They downloaded a form for me which I filled and submited before they could input the data and others in their system. I took copies of these to the bank to pay #6,350 and brought the teller and the documents back to road safety. They directed me to where I and others did an eye test plus an examination which had 20 questions to answer in 5mins. After we finished, an officer took us to another office where they gave us the results of our performances and our documents to go register them @ another office. After doing the registeration, we were told to go to the last office to book a date for capturing and biometrics. My date is 27th Oct 2013. So you see my dear, getting a driver's license in 9ja is now a big deal. The process na die!!! It takes the whole day. Although I was a bit lucky because I paid 500 box to an office to hasten a part of the process. You can pay the fee for the license @ Eko bank, UBA and one other bank I can't remember. Here is the fine for defaulters as I was made to understand: driving with a fake license attracts a fine of 20k. Driving with an expired license/papers attracts 20k plus you will have to do the license or papers all over again b4 you car can be released. My candid advice is for everyone to do the new license @ FRSC to advoid these fines.

Thank you all
No need of going to the office to confirm.
Just go the site, https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/ click on DL Application Renewal, type in your current DL No. and your DoB, if it is legit, it will populate details for you to continue filling the form, if it is oluwole as usual, it will prompt you right away to request for fresh issuance.
Funny enough, i also got mine some two years back by proxy, but it checked me in on entry. I just finished filling the form, may be i will pay a month to the expiry of the current one.
Now, i have a serious bragging right in case any son of 'Egunje' stops me on the road. Expiry date is still far away October cool cool
Meanwhile, How many of you that have been driving for ages know the road signs and their meanings? Better update your knowledge here before going to the FRSC office to avoid failing the test. grin
Click here and update your knowledge http://www.theaa.com/aattitude/passing-your-tests/interactive-learning-zone/traffic-signs-quiz-intro.jsp

1 Like

Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by LeJeun3: 8:31am On Apr 16, 2013
Why are this people removing the class E and replacing with these non-road friendly classes?? grin grin
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by sagoe1712: 6:31pm On Apr 18, 2013
Has someone applied online without paying extra money in the licencing office?
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by swazychiny: 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
I have started the process for renewing my driver's licence. I paid N20 for the form, got the 2 forms online, paid N6350. Armed with all this I made my way to FRSC believing I would get the temporary one. My mistake! A journey of 30mins took 2 hours because someone important was passing. I got to the office to 3 and was told the man had gone. What do I do for the weekend? Someone told me am okay so far I have the documents showing I have paid, that its okay but am still sceptical. I don't want any issues with the police in case am stopped. So I don't even know what to do now
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 7:45pm On Jul 31, 2013
okpara ugo:

The bolded is funny.

Blame your wicked state government. For me any govt that encourages people oppression in the guise of raising funds is a wicked government.

and the citizens who sit like donkey in the face of wickedness are??
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by shootsight(m): 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2013
If u reside in Lagos ... I can be of assistance in obtaining ∂ new drivers license in 3weeks Max .. Am not charging a penny
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by harbeyIT: 8:29am On Aug 01, 2013
Oya fill me in, how do i go about getting it from u bro?
shoot@sight:
If u reside in Lagos ... I can be of assistance in obtaining ∂ new drivers license in 3weeks Max .. Am not charging a penny
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by fermlad: 6:39am On Aug 02, 2013
^ ^ Me too, bro.
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 02, 2013
Venchy:

That's what I'm talking about....we need a serious reform in this part of our lives.
Been illiterate doesn't mean most of them can't drive better than the educated ones.
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by disc20: 5:49am On Aug 10, 2013
The procedure is easy, read the step-by-step guide @ www.fertilenigeria..com. Helping you do the right thing @ the right time in an easy way
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by teemac01(m): 2:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
Please i would like to get a new drivers license...i have neva had 1 so this is my first time of obtaining 1.but i dnt know the procedures of getting it.please can someone put me through...i would be very greatful.thanks
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by RipVanWink: 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2013
check the link below

the corpsmarshall said extending the 30th sept deadline is a possibility considering the challenges facing the organization and the whole process
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
Dr. Black:

OK THANKS, a form for DL renewal came up with no detail apart from DL number, DoB and application date (today) , tried other DL numbers(random numberJAA1234AA) and the same thing came up.

aieromon:

I applied in january 2013 and i have been to the capturing centre at otta about 10times. it's always issue of stopping, server,faulty computer, generator e.t.c it's really frustrating. That's why people keep going for fakes.

Update: I eventually captured on the 31st of December 2013 after sorting staffs again. Anyway I have exchanged the yeye temporary license for an overseas one which was all I needed anyway.
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
Dr. Black:

Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by Lathunjimi(m): 11:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
I actually just did my capturing today & I was issued a temporary Class D Licence that will expire in d next 2 months, Feb, 2014. Though I paid slightly above the normal 15K, that was abt last week Tuesday. I have been asked to expect a call from FRSC office @ the IRS unit. Abeokuta in d next 3 month maximum for the collection of the original.
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by bewaji64(m): 7:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
Must one obtain certificate of proficiency from driving school before being eligible for drivers license. Does it work if I learn driving from friend.
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 16, 2014
jambogini:
Its quite easy to get a drivers license, i did mine and exactly 60days i got the original from BIR.
Firstly if you have an old license, you should go to FRSC office and they will use it to generate a form of which you will go to the bank and pay 6300naira i guess.
Take the receipt to the VIO for signing and inspection which might take same day if u pay them 2k.
take the receipt again back to FRSC office they will input your whole data and capture your biometric and immediately print a copy of your license and then give you 90 days to go to BIR TO collect yours. Note : BIR will ask you for 500 naira lol
very easy and fast in enugu state
bro,how long did it take you to get the permanaent driving license and total fees involved,I'm in enugu
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
trix1:
Some people seem to have filled the form and paid the fee, but Nobody here has said they have the new licence.
please is there ANYONE who has the new licence?
Good luck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan has it. Arch Namadi Sambo has it. Surprisingly Osita Chidoka has'nt. My honorable self, has it, proudly made and produced in Aba
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
thank you

1 Like

Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by alexohams2000(m): 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2014
sunrize:
thank you,Biggtt, I registered in thecomfort of my room , step by step as outlined.it was easy and straight forward. but they collected 500naira from me at the makurdi BIRS office. am sure dat was for their pocket, corruption cry

Hello sunrize, please where did you do yours in makurdi and how did you go about it? Mine is expiring on Tuesday so I need a renewal asap. I need ur direction please . Kindly inbox alexohams2000 @ yahoo. Com thanks as I anticipate your prompt response.
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 01, 2014
alexohams2000:

Hello sunrize, please where did you do yours in makurdi and how did you go about it? Mine is expiring on Tuesday so I need a renewal asap. I need ur direction please . Kindly inbox alexohams2000 @ yahoo. Com thanks as I anticipate your prompt response.
hi
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by alexohams2000(m): 10:55am On Dec 12, 2014
sunrize:
hi
how are you doing
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by mrnilobrawn: 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2014
Guyz how can one really know which of this DL is real or fake?
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by nich(m): 8:47pm On Dec 12, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

I think checking on their portal/website might be one way to go. I believe if the details found there about your last or current 'issue' match, then it implies you have an original otherwise ...
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by nich(m): 9:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

nich:

I think checking on their portal/website might be one way to go. I believe if the details found there about your last or current 'issue' match, then it implies you have an original otherwise ...

unfortunately, i just tried out my own advice to you and i could not find anywhere on their website that allows confirmation of last or current 'issue'. Instead, i found 'Track DL application status' which returned a No Previous Record Found For The Parameters Provided response.

I guess we might just wait for someone else with a better & functional advise/guide. wink
Re: Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria by inze(m): 10:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
nich:

unfortunately, i just tried out my own advice to you and i could not find anywhere on their website that allows confirmation of last or current 'issue'. Instead, i found 'Track DL application status' which returned a No Previous Record Found For The Parameters Provided response.

I guess we might just wait for someone else with a better & functional advise/guide. wink

You can check via the link below:

https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/index.php/dlApplication/reissue

If it brings up your details, its REAL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Nigerian Made This Tv Stand From A 2017 Mercedes Benz Gle Bumper (photos) / Most Popular Luxury Car Brands And Where They Are Produced(photos) / Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.