Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,848 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:25 AM

Yoruba Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yoruba Religion (863 Views)

Aborisa:yoruba Religion / YORUBA Religion :: 8 World Religions, 4 Axes: Something is Wrong With The World. / So Which Is The True Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Religion by sangoleye: 4:54am On Mar 14, 2013
we should be talking about our religion more than about the pope They don't talk about the head of babalawos in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Religion by itsekiri89(m): 5:12am On Mar 14, 2013
Nigerians are far gone in foreign religions. There is nothing we can do.

1st to comment on the 1st page, so I give all the glory to the one and only almighty Obatala in the mighty name of Jesus. Amín.
Re: Yoruba Religion by sangoleye: 5:26am On Mar 15, 2013
i'm cuban and i love and praise all the yoruba deities
Re: Yoruba Religion by sangoleye: 5:39am On Mar 15, 2013
sangoleye: i'm cuban and i love and praise all the yoruba deities

Re: Yoruba Religion by sangoleye: 5:39am On Mar 15, 2013
[quote author=sangoleye][/quote]
Re: Yoruba Religion by sangoleye: 5:42am On Mar 15, 2013
i cann't understand that this is a yoruba website and they only talk about christ What happened to their Yoruba Orishas?
Re: Yoruba Religion by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:26am On Mar 15, 2013
^This is originally a Igbo Website. but it is a Nigerian Website. I understand your confusion foreigner. THis is the sad situation in Nigeria. tongue

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Religion by PastorAIO: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2013
It is common for Cuban and other africans in the diaspora who have little direct knowledge of africa to make that mistake because their introduction to african traditions is through yoruba. But my brother, sangoleye, Yoruba is just one of very many tribes and peoples in africa and many other people feel offended when they are not acknowledged. There are over 200 peoples in Nigeria and yoruba is just one of them. This is a Nigerian website, not a yoruba website.
I understand that you are not aware of the delicate and incendiary nature of tribal politics, but saying that this is a yoruba website is highly insensitive.

There are some threads on traditions religions. Type Ifa into the search engine and some of them will come up. However you are right that this site is mostly full of christian and muslim issues.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Religion by sangoleye: 7:02pm On Mar 16, 2013
Pastor AIO: It is common for Cuban and other africans in the diaspora who have little direct knowledge of africa to make that mistake because their introduction to african traditions is through yoruba. But my brother, sangoleye, Yoruba is just one of very many tribes and peoples in africa and many other people feel offended when they are not acknowledged. There are over 200 peoples in Nigeria and yoruba is just one of them. This is a Nigerian website, not a yoruba website.
I understand that you are not aware of the delicate and incendiary nature of tribal politics, but saying that this is a yoruba website is highly insensitive.

There are some threads on traditions religions. Type Ifa into the search engine and some of them will come up. However you are right that this site is mostly full of christian and muslim issues.
Re: Yoruba Religion by sangoleye: 7:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
sangoleye:
Pastor AIO and friends I;m glad you understand our (Cubans) way of thinking, although you just proof me wrong I'm aware of the other people living in Nigeria But i never thought that would create a situation were I would be hurting someone's feelings
Believe me that was the least of my intentions and if anyone is offended i deeply apologize I'm sure by your explanation you will believe me. I'm just so proud of my religion that I feel that because it originated in Africa everyone there shares it Although I know that is not so

Hope you all accept my apologies and friendship
Sangoleye.......(Orlando Cardelle)
Re: Yoruba Religion by seyibrown(f): 10:49pm On Mar 19, 2013
^^^^ In this part of the Yoruba world, there are not many SANGOleyes left. They are now mostly OLUWAleye or ADEleye or BABAleye, having embraced Christ and left Sango behind.

Welcome on board, Sangoleye. smiley

Oluwa = Lord / Christ
Ade = Crown /Royal
Baba = Father
Re: Yoruba Religion by sangoleye: 10:54pm On Mar 19, 2013
seyibrown: ^^^^ In this part of the Yoruba world, there are not many SANGOleyes left. They are now mostly OLUWAleye or ADEleye or BABAleye, having embraced Christ and left Sango behind.

Welcome on board, Sangoleye. smiley

Oluwa = Lord / Christ
Ade = Crown /Royal
Baba = Father

Re: Yoruba Religion by seyibrown(f): 10:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
I was going to add that you will find people here on the forum who practice and promote the old yoruba religion. Many still practice it on ground.
Re: Yoruba Religion by sangoleye: 10:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
[quote author=sangoleye][/quote] I understand your point and I respect your opinion But mine is that it's a shame, that being so close to the root, the limbs are going so far away from it

(1) (Reply)

Christianity Contnuies To Grow In The Islamic Maghreb / Does Christianity Breeds Arrogance, A Chosen-people Mentality / If He Isnt Real, Why Are You So Worked Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.