Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:49 PM

Will The Pope Go To Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will The Pope Go To Heaven (2924 Views)

If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / The Pope Is The Antichrist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The Pope Go To Heaven by uchkochi(m): 5:25pm On Mar 25, 2008
I am not here to criticise,neither am i here to sympathise.I am here to share a little truth,the lack of truth has trapped many people.Every body is believing what he likes.If you don't believe the Word Of God which is the only approved manual for life then your foundation is shaking.
I do not have the right to decide who goes to heaven but lets be frank here the bible says it all God is not in most celebrated churches.And its only the insiders that can tell you the truth.The catholic faith believe in Jesus but they deny the power of Jesus indirectly with their idol worship.Yes!!!!!!!! what is the meaning of the statues and rosaries is that the power,No,its a vain tradition.I DONT CARE HOW OLD IT HAS BEEN IT IS AN OLD MISLEADING,TRADITIONAL RELIGION.
I have attended catholic churches but i did not see any life there,its so boring you don't have to be a prophet to know that majority of what they do is contrary to scriptures.they are following the pope and not Christ.Who is the pope now following?
The doctrine of their priest not getting married so they can serve God better is a deceit.They are propagating Gay ism(homosexuality).
My fellow catholics know God for yourself don't go to a political,traditional church.
Further more how many Catholics believe in speaking in tongues,have they not read 1st corinthians 12 about the gifts of the Holy Ghost.
Christianity is not a religion,true christianity is a relationship with God our father.You might be the most committed catholic member and end up in hell because of a truth you were never born again.Once you are born again you have to desire the gift of speaking in tongues which is the spiritual heavenly language so it can help u pray the will of God it is a free gift from God you just have to desire it.God cannot lie Evil persist when good men keep quiet please share your view,thanks
UCHE OKOCHI(omega world network)
+2348052773865
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by JeSoul(f): 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2008
uchkochi:

you don't have to be a prophet to know that majority of what they do is contrary to scriptures.
cheesy I hope you have your bullet proof vest ready, they are about to attack and defend baba pope to the end! cheesy

Sidebar: I agree with ur post up until you hinted one must speak in tongues as evidence of true salvation . . . the bible is clear not everyone can speak in tongues.

Carry on . . .
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by uchkochi(m): 6:03pm On Mar 25, 2008
what i meant was u have to believe in it and desire it it helps to build our faith and pray the very will of God.Thats one of the reasons Jesus gave the holy spirit to us
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by 4Him(m): 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2008
the pope is going no where.
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by samba123(m): 7:15pm On Mar 25, 2008
4Him:

the pope is going no where.

lol, while you oppose to your pope, going to heaven, grin, heaven mean SKY, grin
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by redsun(m): 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2008
Judging from the original teachings of christ,the pope will be the first to go hell,but he can't go because he wiil live and die in heaven here on earth,and it is the only heaven,for the sukper head believers,this is their one only hell,funny enough the pope's heavenly endowment is catered for by the sukper heads.

He is a pope because you believe and make it possible.
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by SunGod1: 7:27pm On Mar 25, 2008
uchkochi:

I am not here to criticise,neither am i here to sympathise.I am here to share a little truth,the lack of truth has trapped many people.Every body is believing what he likes.If you don't believe the Word Of God which is the only approved manual for life then your foundation is shaking.
I do not have the right to decide who goes to heaven but lets be frank here the bible says it all God is not in most celebrated churches.And its only the insiders that can tell you the truth.The catholic faith believe in Jesus but they deny the power of Jesus indirectly with their idol worship.Yes!!!!!!!! what is the meaning of the statues and rosaries is that the power,No,its a vain tradition.I DONT CARE HOW OLD IT HAS BEEN IT IS AN OLD MISLEADING,TRADITIONAL RELIGION.
I have attended catholic churches but i did not see any life there,its so boring you don't have to be a prophet to know that majority of what they do is contrary to scriptures.they are following the pope and not Christ.Who is the pope now following?
The doctrine of their priest not getting married so they can serve God better is a deceit.They are propagating Gay ism(homosexuality).
My fellow catholics know God for yourself don't go to a political,traditional church.
Further more how many Catholics believe in speaking in tongues,have they not read 1st corinthians 12 about the gifts of the Holy Ghost.
Christianity is not a religion,true christianity is a relationship with God our father.You might be the most committed catholic member and end up in hell because of a truth you were never born again.Once you are born again you have to desire the gift of speaking in tongues which is the spiritual heavenly language so it can help u pray the will of God it is a free gift from God you just have to desire it.God cannot lie Evil persist when good men keep quiet please share your view,thanks
+2348052773865

Haaaaaaaaa! Case of the kettle calling the pot black, lol

While your quick to destroy the catholic church (Which in my own opinion would be a lovely movie to watch), you are even in a worse and precarious situation by declaring christianity to be the utimate as per a relationship between you and the father.

May i ask again, what father? An imaginary thing that you so desperately cling unto that you call a father? embarassed

How do you keep a relationship with something that is non existent? Maybe you meant zeus god or horus or venus or any of those pagan gods because left to me, they are all farcades that shouldnt be touched with a 6 inch pole. So whose more delusional? You or the catholics?  grin

You also talk about how many Catholics believe in speaking in tongues,have they not read 1st corinthians 12 about the gifts of the Holy Ghost.

You mean that constant irritating psycho babble that you dont even understand? How come it is easy for you to speak greek, aramic, greek, hebrew and gaulish in the spate of 30 minutes all at once in a church and you havent been to either of these countries to remotely study their language?  but common seme border french, urhobo or nupe language is extremely difficult for you to comprehend! grin You christians never cease to amaze me with your falsehood and hypocrisy

Also taking about being born again is just the greatest scam the bible has pulled on man ever. I got news for you , You are born only once with one body, no soul , no spirit and one brain. Its your conscience that guides you not some gift of spirit. You take total responsibility for all your actions and the consequences of your inactions. Its not some dumb spiritual gift you have to acquire to be a changed man and to make matters worse, the power to speak aramic.?, Jeez what a nut job you are! grin

Finally for once your right, Evil reigns when good men dont talk. Its about time rational men world wide come out and debunk such irrational stories filtering the airwaves, internet and papers about a non existent god. Check the statistics of evil men in the world. Either they are christians or muslims. Check the numebr of religious fundamentalists in prision totally. 98% christians or muslims. Check the number of political thieves! Arent the religious fanatics the ones at the helms of affairs?

Rubbish, I dont even know which is worse born againism or hypocrisy!

To you and your omega 13 network cult, be warned that the rationals are now ready to take on you guys head on. For everytime you preach something, you should be ready to defend it with your last blood. Falsitude and hypocrisy would no longer be acceptable. If you decide to teach the word of god, be ready to answer questions from the children of the rational response squad
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by 4Him(m): 9:11pm On Mar 25, 2008
samba123:

lol, while you oppose to your pope, going to heaven, grin, heaven mean SKY, grin

See this charlatan. grin Do you now understand the meaning of firdaus and aljannat or are you still cluelessly refering to it as "heaven"?
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by olabowale(m): 9:38pm On Mar 25, 2008
Al Jannah means the Paradise.

Firdaus is a certain level in Paradise.

Naim is another level in paradise.

Firdaus ala, is the highest level in Paradise. It is located under the thrown of Al Rahman, Al Malik.

Heaven is sama'ah, but never Paradise.
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by Uche2nna(m): 9:51pm On Mar 25, 2008
Seems it is the season of "lets bash the Roman Catholics " grin grin grin grin grin How does this ur question contribute to ur own race to heaven. undecided

Lemme tell u a story that was told by a Catholic Priest in front of a Catholic audience
A thief died and went to hell. On entering , he was surprised to see the Revd Father of his parish. He was like "Father!!!!! What are u doing here? The Father hushed him down. Do u think I am the only one here? Just look around the corner and u would also see our Bishop huddled in a heap! shocked

Bottomline: The Pope would go to heaven, IF he works for his own salvation. He wont if he does not. And his going to heaven or hell does not have any bearing on where u would be going. Actually the question should read "Am I going to heaven"
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by Lady2(f): 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2008
@Uche

leave them alone let them keep trying to figure out our salvation instead of theirs. All I know is on judgement day I will be held accountable for my life and not theirs, so if they want to base their life goal on deciphering mine then that is what they will tell God. And then God will be the judge.
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by 4Him(m): 10:11pm On Mar 25, 2008
Uche2nna:

Bottomline: The Pope would go to heaven, IF he works for his own salvation.

If this is your own idea of the narrow and winding path to eternal life then you are soundly mistaken. Is salvation now by works?
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by Uche2nna(m): 10:14pm On Mar 25, 2008
They are propagating Gay ism(homosexuality).

And yet they are not the first to officially ordain one .

Abegi, the Catholics praying the Rosary, going to thier confession , Masses etc how does that affect U as a person. Seek ur own way and try to make heaven that is the most important issue here.

See me see wahala oooooooo!!!!!!

Lodi dodi, We dont cause trouble, we dont bother nobody i think the other verses are not appropriate here  grin
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by Uche2nna(m): 10:19pm On Mar 25, 2008
4Him:

If this is your own idea of the narrow and winding path to eternal life then you are soundly mistaken. Is salvation now by works?

It all depends on the way u want to interpret it . If u want to see works as a noun, it is entirely up to your perception. It has nothing to do with me at all. I believe in the context of my sentence , works was used as a part of speech that is not a noun.
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by babamutu: 1:27am On Mar 26, 2008
what kind of question is that?
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by JayFK(m): 3:04am On Mar 26, 2008
uchkochi:

+2348052773865

This is the same dude that called a Vagina a "cows head", and equated blood with semen. Anyone that takes this dude seriously should be put in a mental hospital asap.
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by uchkochi(m): 10:16am On Mar 26, 2008
HEAVEN IS AS REAL AS THE AIR THAT U BREATHE,salvation is personal but the reason for salvation is not personal,you are born again to help others find the way to God.JESUS IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE.HE is not a way,rosary is a way,confessing to a rev father is a way.But there is a way that seems right but the end of it is death.Find the way the way is Jesus Christ.please i beg u do not in any way group CHRISTIANITY AS A RELIGION OR BELIEF ITS NOT its a relationship with GOD your maker you did not create your self.God talks to me consistently By His Spirit.I hear His voice.How can the one that gave you life not Exist.
IF YOU MUST KNOW IF HEAVEN IS REAL DIE AND SEE WHERE YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF EITHER IN HELL OR HEAVEN.Have you not heard of the rich man and lazarus,that is not a parable because Jesus Christ used names unlike every other parables.
If you must know how this concerns me,it does because i attended a catholic school at a time in my growing up days.I know the in and out.
TRUTH IS BITTER BUT BECOMES SWEET WHEN SWALLOWED NOT JUST EATEN.AND for JAY FK the person that said i called the vagina a cow head go through that post again i said that,pre marital sex is one of the ways through which the devil gets blood to attack his victims and uses the vagina as a medium.
Change is coming if the terrorist can die for what they believe, i am ready to die because Jesus is even more real than my own life.
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by redsun(m): 10:21am On Mar 26, 2008
Yes,illusions in reality.According to Abami Ada,(them go go for rome,go for london,go for mecca,them go juba pope,juba bishop,juba iman,them go start to yab themselves,-inspirito heaven,allahhuakuba,archbishop na miliki,pope na enjowment,iman na gbaladu)Suffering and smilling by legendary Fela.

Heaven is an imagination.
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by MCUsman(m): 11:02am On Mar 26, 2008
redsun:

Yes,illusions in reality.According to Abami Ada,(them go go for rome,go for london,go for mecca,them go juba pope,juba bishop,juba iman,them go start to yab themselves,-inspirito heaven,allahhuakuba,archbishop na miliki,pope na enjowment,iman na gbaladu)Suffering and smilling by legendary Fela.

Heaven is an imagination.

You may want ask what happened to your legendary Abami Ada (Fela). He is one of the statistic of HIV
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by JayFK(m): 7:34pm On Mar 26, 2008
uchkochi:

HEAVEN IS AS REAL AS THE AIR THAT You BREATHE,salvation is personal but the reason for salvation is not personal,you are born again to help others find the way to God.JESUS IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE.HE is not a way,rosary is a way,confessing to a rev father is a way.But there is a way that seems right but the end of it is death.Find the way the way is Jesus Christ.please i beg u do not in any way group CHRISTIANITY AS A RELIGION OR BELIEF ITS NOT its a relationship with GOD your maker you did not create your self.God talks to me consistently By His Spirit.I hear His voice.How can the one that gave you life not Exist.
IF YOU MUST KNOW IF HEAVEN IS REAL DIE AND SEE WHERE YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF EITHER IN HELL OR HEAVEN.Have you not heard of the rich man and lazarus,that is not a parable because Jesus Christ used names unlike every other parables.
If you must know how this concerns me,it does because i attended a catholic school at a time in my growing up days.I know the in and out.
TRUTH IS BITTER BUT BECOMES SWEET WHEN SWALLOWED NOT JUST EATEN.AND for JAY FK the person that said i called the vagina a cow head go through that post again i said that,pre marital sex is one of the ways through which the devil gets blood to attack his victims and uses the vagina as a medium.
Change is coming if the terrorist can die for what they believe, i am ready to die because Jesus is even more real than my own life.

You should seriously consider stand up comedy. So basically you are saying and I quote "through sex the devil gets blood to attack his victims and if a woman sleeps with 20 men she is inadvertently passing on the spirits of the 20 men that she's slept with to you" I want you to seriously consider this here, think RATIONALLY, how exactly does this statement make sense to you? lmao, if you honestly believe this you sure as hell do not deserve to be taken seriously. What makes you think that you're way of getting to "God" is the correct way? what's to prevent you from believing that Buddha or Horus or Krishna are the correct ways since they all share a lot of properties, you obviously haven't read the history of your religion and the paganism associated with it. Pray, explain how exactly your god talks to you? this should be interesting. I really do hope you dont have "tehh voices"
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by redsun(m): 8:23pm On Mar 26, 2008
Funny,and so,are you not going to die somehow,h.i.v is just a disease,just like cancer,even malaria,that kills million of people in africa every year,especially children.

Fela is not dead,if he is dead,we won't be talking about him,you won't hear his music play anywhere,just like Dede Dede place in ikeja,legends don't die.Only the evil ones die,they die for eternity,nobody will remenber them.The blind,
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 07, 2008
Nice passage to meditate on ==>

James 2:14-26
14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and has no food for the day,

16 and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well," but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it?

17 So also faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 Indeed someone might say, "You have faith and I have works." Demonstrate your faith to me without works, and I will demonstrate my faith to you from my works.

19 You believe that God is one. You do well. Even the demons believe that and tremble.

20 Do you want proof, you ignoramus, that faith without works is useless?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar?

22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by the works.

23 Thus the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called "the friend of God."

24 See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

25 And in the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she welcomed the messengers and sent them out by a different route?

26 For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 07, 2008
St. Paul, after writing long treatises on faith, also wrote =>

1 Cor 9:27 -->
"But I chastise my body, and bring it into subjection: lest perhaps, when I have preached to others, I myself should become a castaway."

-----
What can we learn from this
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2008
Also consider the case of Ananias and Sapphira. ==>
Acts5:1-11:

1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

2 and kept back [part] of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles` feet.

3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thy heart to lie to the Holy Spirit, and to keep back [part] of the price of the land?

4 While it remained, did it not remain thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thy power? How is it that thou hast conceived this thing in thy heart? thou has not lied unto men, but unto God.

5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down and gave up the ghost: and great fear came upon all that heard it.

6 And the young men arose and wrapped him round, and they carried him out and buried him.

7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.

8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much. And she said, Yea, for so much.

9 But Peter [said] unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to try the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them that have buried thy husband are at the door, and they shall carry thee out.

10 And she fell down immediately at his feet, and gave up the ghost: and the young men came in and found her dead, and they carried her out and buried her by her husband.

11 And great fear came upon the whole church, and upon all that heard these things

Question ==> Both Ananias and Sapphira had faith in Christ. Why did God have to kill them for telling a simple lie
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by rotimy(m): 7:19pm On Apr 07, 2008
When People sit in the comfort of their rooms to debate the eternity of another person, I shudder at at how we demote God to become, god the judge! Even if a Pope is worse than a crook, God reserve the final say. That theif at the side of Christ at the Cross asked Jesus for pardon and a place at Paradise and the Messiah who came for the sinners, not for the righteous, answered the sinner!
Uche the poster, who compared himself with a terrorist and vowed to die , is sounding like a fanatic and someone in new members class of a 20 member Pentecostal Church. Uche Bros, take it easy, you are not the one having the keys of heaven! If you call a brother a fool, Jesus says you are far from heaven.
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by Seabe(m): 11:04pm On Apr 08, 2008
[i][/i] When christians die, they go to heaven and this place is located above the earth. It's a spiritual place, it cannot be seen 2 Cor 5:6-8.
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by annamalita(f): 11:18pm On Apr 08, 2008
I can understand that. What I would like to know is about a 16 yrs old Benin City girl who died on Sunday. I was told that anyone her senior is not allowed to attend the funeral, does anyone know if this is true or false please I was informed that it is the custom in Bini for only those of her own age to attend be they friends or family.
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by Image123(m): 3:20am On Apr 09, 2008
@annamalita
well,I believe if you really want to be at the funeral,then you can go.It might be a custom in some place and not be in some other place.Its a matter of personal decision but you should bear in mind also not to allow your actions be an offense to others.There're several ways to show your (last) respects for the dead loved ones.
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by Lady2(f): 3:22am On Apr 09, 2008
What I would like to know is about a 16 years old Benin City girl who died on Sunday.  I was told that anyone her senior is not allowed to attend the funeral, does anyone know if this is true or false please  I was informed that it is the custom in Bini for only those of her own age to attend be they friends or family

Yes this is true. It is bini custom.
Re: Will The Pope Go To Heaven by nossycheek(f): 2:16pm On Apr 10, 2008
@topic

It is not for us to tell who will go to heaven or not but God in His infinite mercy and wisdom knoweth and seeth all. To Him alone belongs the great judgement, so lets be careful what we say or do in order not to go astray.

@olobawale
Al Jannah means the Paradise.

Firdaus is a certain level in Paradise.

Naim is another level in paradise.

Firdaus ala, is the highest level in Paradise. It is located under the thrown of Al Rahman, Al Malik.

Heaven is sama'ah, but never Paradise

So how many levels do you have in paradise?
And which one did MO go to when he was not even sure of making it to paradise?
What is the qualification to ascend to the various levels?
And must all go to hell before getting to the various paradise?

Concise answers please

(1) (Reply)

Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? / Lord Says America Is The Home Of Every Unclean Spirit In The World / Peter Is NOT The Foundation Of The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.