Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect (8707 Views)

Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran / Did ANYONE Mentioned In The Bible Actually Ever Exist? / Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 14, 2013
Brothers and sisters, good evening.

You all know that the duty of the Conclave was to give a bishop to Rome. It seems that my brother Cardinals have come almost to the ends of the Earth to get him ... but here we are. I thank you for the welcome that has come from the diocesan community of Rome.

First of all, I would say a prayer: Pray for our Bishop Emeritus Benedict XVI ... Let us all pray together for him, that the Lord bless him and Our Lady protect him.

Our Father ...

Hail Mary ...

Glory to the Father ...

And now let us begin this journey, the Bishop and people, this journey of the Church of Rome, which presides in charity over all the Churches, a journey of brotherhood in love, of mutual trust. Let us always pray for one another. Let us pray for the whole world that there might be a great sense of brotherhood. My hope is that this journey of the Church that we begin today, together with help of my Cardinal Vicar, be fruitful for the evangelization of this beautiful city.

And now I would like to give the blessing, but first I want to ask you a favor. Before the bishop blesses the people, I ask that you would pray to the Lord to bless me — the prayer of the people for their Bishop. Let us say this prayer — your prayer for me — in silence. ...

I will now give my blessing to you and to the whole world, to all men and women of good will.

Brothers and sisters, I am leaving you. Thank you for your welcome. Pray for me and I will be with you again soon.

We will see one another soon.

Tomorrow I want to go to pray the Madonna, that she may protect Rome.

Good night and sleep well!

Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 14, 2013
Did you miss the part in red? undecided
frosbel:
Our Father ...

Hail Mary ...

Glory to the Father ...
Take it easy on the Catholics. The prosperity gospel of the breakaways is heaping more problems on Nigeria. Pick the right battles. cool

2 Likes

Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 14, 2013
musKeeto: Did you miss the part in red? undecided

Take it easy on the Catholics. The prosperity gospel of the breakaways is heaping more problems on Nigeria. Pick the right battles. cool

You pick your battles, I pick mine wink

Father does not mean Jesus btw, could be anything smiley

2 Likes

Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 14, 2013
frosbel:

You pick your battles, I pick mine wink

Father does not mean Jesus btw, could be anything smiley
But they believe in the Trinity, don't they? And you don't. That's why Father can mean anything to you, while it covers The Three Musketeers for them. tongue

Just pulling your legs this morning.. off your thread.. smiley
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 14, 2013
musKeeto:
But they believe in the Trinity, don't they? And you don't. That's why Father can mean anything to you, while it covers The Three Musketeers for them. tongue

Just pulling your legs this morning.. off your thread.. smiley

Please stay tongue
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Enigma(m): 10:15am On Mar 14, 2013
He might have gone on about The Madonna and all that but in the OP itself we read

First of all, I would say a prayer: Pray for our Bishop Emeritus Benedict XVI ... Let us all pray together for him, that the Lord bless him . . . . .

smiley
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 14, 2013
Enigma: He might have gone on about The Madonna and all that but in the OP itself we read

smiley

but who could this Lord be ? smiley
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 14, 2013
Good morning Frosbel,

I have seen a number of your posts on nairaland and I just have to say that I have not seen one that talks about something positively beneficial to all. Your posts have always been about bashing one person or the other. There is really something wrong when all you see are negatives.

PS: One who is quick to condemn, should equally be quick to praise

Thank you!
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by mumumugu(m): 10:38am On Mar 14, 2013
frosbel despises catholic so muchthat he is eager to spot mistake even were there is none
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 14, 2013
striktlymi: Good morning Frosbel,

I have seen a number of your posts on nairaland and I just have to say that I have not seen one that talks about something positively beneficial to all. Your posts have always been about bashing one person or the other. There is really something wrong when all you see are negatives.

Thank you!

should I call evil good brother ? wink

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter." - Isaiah 5:20
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 14, 2013
frosbel:

should I call evil good brother ? wink

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter." - Isaiah 5:20

Not everything in this world is evil!
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Enigma(m): 10:45am On Mar 14, 2013
For good measure, a second line from the OP:

I ask that you would pray to the Lord to bless me — the prayer of the people for their Bishop. Let us say this prayer — your prayer for me — in silence. . . .

smiley
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by FiftyFifty(m): 10:48am On Mar 14, 2013
Madonna? Not dt cultist I hope?
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 14, 2013
Enigma: For good measure, a second line from the OP:

smiley

don't try your 'slimy' play of words with me. smiley

What is LORD ? Which Lord, No Jesus mentioned.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 14, 2013
striktlymi:

Not everything in this world is evil!

100% agree, there is a lot of good, like you and Me grin
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 14, 2013
@Enigma: are you Catholic?
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 14, 2013
frosbel:

Luke 18:19
King James Version (KJV)

19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Enigma(m): 10:58am On Mar 14, 2013
frosbel:

don't try your 'slimy' play of words with me. smiley

What is LORD ? Which Lord, No Jesus mentioned.

Look, whatever your problem is is your problem.

And of course, to your type, slandering other people is standard -- even for your "superior" brand of "Christianity". Otherwise, you won't make false accusations about "'slimy' play of words."

smiley
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by ooman(m): 11:03am On Mar 14, 2013
Hey Frosbel, you are becoming a dictator. If some people think that its right for them to pray to statues and statuettes, dacayed heart or madonna, dead saints and imaginary angels, whats your business with that? After all, you too keep imaginary friend called jehovah.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 14, 2013
Enigma:

Look, whatever your problem is is your problem.

And of course, to your type, slandering other people is standard -- even for your "superior" brand of "Christianity". Otherwise, you won't make false accusations about "'slimy' play of words."

smiley

Your understanding of the word 'slander' , quite funny cheesy
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 14, 2013
ooman: Hey Frosbel, you are becoming a dictator. If some people think that its right for them to pray to statues and statuettes, dacayed heart or madonna, dead saints and imaginary angels, whats your business with that? After all, you too keep imaginary friend called jehovah.

I am only a dictator to myself.

You can bow before your atheist spaghetti monster for all I care, others can worship a stone, just make sure that you call that form of worship by the right name.

Don't go about calling your religion Christianity when you are busy working against Christ Jesus, that's the whole and simple point smiley
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by mumumugu(m): 11:43am On Mar 14, 2013
frosbel:

frosbel; wat makes you think you are good
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by ooman(m): 11:50am On Mar 14, 2013
frosbel:

I am only a dictator to myself.

You can bow before your atheist spaghetti monster for all I care, others can worship a stone, just make sure that you call that form of worship by the right name.

Don't go about calling your religion Christianity when you are busy working against Christ Jesus, that's the whole and simple point smiley

I can never be a christian. I worship no god.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by italo: 12:01pm On Mar 14, 2013
frosbel: Our Father ...

Hail Mary ...

Glory to the Father ...

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with you,
blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb JESUS,
holy Mary, mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by shdemidemi(m): 12:42pm On Mar 14, 2013
Galatians 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heavens reach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2013
mumumugu: frosbel; wat makes you think you are good

No one is good , only Jesus.

"And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone." - Mark 10:18
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Delafruita(m): 12:59pm On Mar 14, 2013
striktlymi: Good morning Frosbel,

Thank you!
in this case,he has a point...a very strong point
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 14, 2013
Delafruita: in this case,he has a point...a very strong point

The point that he gave a misrepresentation of the speech of Pope Francis??
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Delafruita(m): 1:16pm On Mar 14, 2013
striktlymi:

The point that he gave a misrepresentation of the speech of Pope Francis??
if you have another transcription that disproves him,simply provide it
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by ooman(m): 1:16pm On Mar 14, 2013
frosbel:

No one is good , only Jesus.

"And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone." - Mark 10:18

Am good and better than jesus and yahweh. Who be jesus?
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 14, 2013
Delafruita: if you have another transcription that disproves him,simply provide it

I guess your bias does not permit you to see how wrong frosbel is.

Anyways, you can take the speech any way you want...the last time I checked the world was free.
Re: Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 14, 2013
striktlymi:

I guess your bias does not permit you to see how wrong frosbel is.

Anyways, you can take the speech any way you want...the last time I checked the world was free.

slow down, think and then comment.

I repeat, it's a free world and anyone is allowed to worship anything or not even worship for that matter.

But when you associate your beliefs with a system , make sure it is aligned factually and not a fallacious assumption based on personal presence.

If you are a Christian , stick to the words and commands of JESUS. If you don't you are deceiving yourself and possibly others .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Mystery And The Power Of Our Faith In God, Jesus Christ And The Holy Spirit / Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi, 89years, Take A New Bride (pix) / ''All The Major Religions Are Part Of One Conspiracy'' - David Icke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.