Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Is It Legal To Drive Right-hand-drive (RHD) Vehicles In Nigeria? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Legal To Drive Right-hand-drive (RHD) Vehicles In Nigeria? (10244 Views)

Tragedy As Container Fell On 2 Vehicles In Ikorodu,4 Killed,Others Injured(Pics / Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Legal To Drive Right-hand-drive (RHD) Vehicles In Nigeria? by Midas02(m): 6:22pm On Mar 25, 2008
I was watching some Nigerian movies and I saw some Right-Hand-Drive (RHD) cars being driven in the movie. I was wondering if it is legal to drive a RHD vehicle in Nigeria or is it one of those gray areas where Nigerian police uses you as a meal ticket. Does anyone know for sure if it is legitimate or illegitimate??. Just curious!.

1 Like

Re: Is It Legal To Drive Right-hand-drive (RHD) Vehicles In Nigeria? by TheSly: 6:31pm On Mar 25, 2008
Its been banned but there are still some peepz that are still driving it. . . .
The only thing you can do is by changing the vehicles from right hand drive to left. wink
Re: Is It Legal To Drive Right-hand-drive (RHD) Vehicles In Nigeria? by Midas02(m): 11:08pm On Apr 07, 2008
How come I keep seeing them on the road in lagos?. Is it banned or people just assume it is banned?. Is there anyone with a sense of clarity on the law concerning RHD vehicles?? Or perhaps an experience in using one in Nigeria will suffice!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Legal To Drive Right-hand-drive (RHD) Vehicles In Nigeria? by stonedlive(m): 12:59am On Apr 29, 2008
@midas
hi new to the forum,kindly forward your mail address to me akachukwu@gmail.com
will like to have dealings with you in about 6 weeks from now
thanks
Re: Is It Legal To Drive Right-hand-drive (RHD) Vehicles In Nigeria? by sonety2k(m): 8:38pm On Aug 22, 2008
In case you or your friend need any RHD CAR / BUS FROM JAPAN, Toyota ,Honda , Audi , Vw, Nissan , I could source the used car for you in Japan very clean and ship it to any country Worldwide from japan by RORO, if u are in UK, IRELAND , SOUTH ARFICA , KENYA , AUSTRALIA, BAHAMAS or NEW ZEALAND e.t.c

If you are intrested in buying a RHD car from Japan. kindly get in touch with me. With the type of CAR / YEAR that u are looking for @ sonety2k@yahoo.com, sonetauto@yahoo.com or call my mobile phone -81-9017259102. Regard ,

Thanks
Re: Is It Legal To Drive Right-hand-drive (RHD) Vehicles In Nigeria? by sinmbo(m): 8:39pm On Aug 23, 2008
I am a Special Marshal and from experience from the laws of the land, its ILLEGAL to drive RHS vehicles in Nigeria.
Re: Is It Legal To Drive Right-hand-drive (RHD) Vehicles In Nigeria? by brownbonno(m): 7:14am On Aug 24, 2008
sinmbo:

I am a Special Marshal and from experience from the laws of the land, its ILLEGAL to drive RHS vehicles in Nigeria.

"We have the 2004 national road traffic regulation, Section 71 that says no vehicle with right-hand steering be registered or numbered."
Be aware if the car is registered and numbered any enforcement will be within the jurisdiction of the court because the issue of Motor Vehicle Administration is a Residual Matter Under the 1999 Nigeria Constitution - and this supercedes any regulation.Though RHD was prohibited from the Nigeria roads in 1973,but the importation was not banned.

1 Like

Re: Is It Legal To Drive Right-hand-drive (RHD) Vehicles In Nigeria? by weyreypey: 8:58pm On Aug 09, 2018
gazzuzz
brownbonno:

"We have the 2004 national road traffic regulation, Section 71 that says no vehicle with right-hand steering be registered or numbered."
Be aware if the car is registered and numbered any enforcement will be within the jurisdiction of the court because the issue of Motor Vehicle Administration is a Residual Matter Under the 1999 Nigeria Constitution - and this supercedes any regulation.Though RHD was prohibited from the Nigeria roads in 1973,but the importation was not banned.
Re: Is It Legal To Drive Right-hand-drive (RHD) Vehicles In Nigeria? by snipesdam(m): 9:48pm On Jun 14, 2019
I've seen registered RHD vehicles. Well this is 9ja.

(1) (Reply)

2019 Skoda Fabia Revealed (photo And Details) / Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? / Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.