Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,541 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:35 PM

If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? (4442 Views)

Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by contactmorak: 10:48am On Mar 14, 2013
When reacting to story of the female corper decamped for refusing to wear trousers, the Ogun State NYSC Co-ordinator, Mrs T.I Anosike said that wearing anything outside approved
NYSC kits during the orientation programme
was not allowed in the camp. This she said
was the reason why every corps member was
made to signed undertaking on cultism and
dress code.
"Nobody asked her to leave. She was asked to
comply with the NYSC directives or leave. So
she decided to leave. When she said that she
won't comply, we asked her to put it in
writing which she did. So we didn't expel her,
she left on her own."

Is Hijab NYSC dress code? Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to cause any religion argument here, but just trying to see if we can make aa case for that young lady that was decamped by Ogun state NYSC.

Re: If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by herkeym001(m): 11:43am On Mar 14, 2013
Make una wait ma take time think wetin I go type. A dey come.
Re: If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by lecturerdabo(m): 12:42pm On Mar 14, 2013
that woman is likely an elder in her church
Re: If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by ednut1(m): 7:30am On Mar 18, 2013
pple like u can never see st8, gals who wear hijhab wear shorts or trousers in camp which is clearly against der religion, there is no justification for wearin skirt, can u use skirt to do drills and exercise, wearing of hijhab does not affect anytin, a christian can wear scarf na, u no d rules, if u cant abide dats her prob, she can go serve in heaven, yeye gal

1 Like

Re: If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by dammytosh: 9:54am On Mar 18, 2013
ednut1: pple like u can never see st8, gals who wear hijhab wear shorts or trousers in camp which is clearly against der religion, there is no justification for wearin skirt, can u use skirt to do drills and exercise, wearing of hijhab does not affect anytin, a christian can wear scarf na, u no d rules, if u cant abide dats her prob, she can go serve in heaven, yeye gal

What exactly is your point ? She said skirt is against her religion. So if those masquerades are allowed, Why shouldn't skirt be allowed ?

Lets stop Double standards. If we have a law let it be the law.

1 Like

Re: If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by oxyG: 10:47am On Mar 18, 2013
dammytosh:

What exactly is your point ? She said skirt is against her religion. So if those masquerades are allowed, Why shouldn't skirt be allowed ?

Lets stop Double standards. If we have a law let it be the law.

May Allah forgive your ignorance and illuminate you with the correct reasonings.

1 Like

Re: If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by Dfay: 12:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
If skirt is not allowed then hijab long or short, white or black and all other foreign materials should not be condoned. Q.E.D.

2 Likes

Re: If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 18, 2013
What divides my beloved Nigeria?!
Religious sentiments
Political sentiments
Bribery and corruption
Tribalism, to say the least. What is good for the goose, is also good for the gander.
Re: If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by tayoccu(m): 1:55pm On Mar 18, 2013
Imagine the girl doing the man o'war drill with a skirt on, the skirt will definately tear won't it?

1 Like

Re: If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by Gamji007: 2:30pm On Mar 18, 2013
Dfay: If skirt is not allowed then hijab long or short, white or black and all other foreign materials should not be condoned. Q.E.D.

Go and send them away.
Why do Nigerian christians like causing trouble. Muslims de go hajj as prescribed by the Qur'an, Nigerian christians too say they must go for pilgrimage in Jerusalem which is not even in their scriptures, Muslims wear hijab go NYSC camp, christians want to cause wahala by wearing skirt to camp. Is wearing of skirt anywhere part of Christianity? What sort of hypocrasy is that?

I advise christian ladies who can't wear trousers in camps to put on the hijab like those of mother Theresa.
Re: If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by tashanja(m): 2:41pm On Mar 18, 2013
tayoccu: Imagine the girl doing the man o'war drill with a skirt on, the skirt will definately tear won't it?

Only tear? What about the free display. shocked cheesy

1 Like

Re: If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by integrityfood: 3:38pm On Mar 18, 2013
This pratice is a double standard. The NYSC scheme has over lived its relevance and the woman who is trying to be biased in Ogun state can not try such in the Northern part of the country with the Muslim member. The law of God is more supreme than laws of men and if someone on the accounts of his or her union with God refuses what does not cause harm to his naighbour, then why cause him pain? Let me ask the Ogun state NYSC director one question; if that lady was a daughter of an army genera,your church pastor, a sitting president or top govt functionaries can she do what she did?
Re: If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by texazzpete(m): 1:52pm On Mar 19, 2013
integrityfood: Let me ask the Ogun state NYSC director one question; if that lady was a daughter of an army genera,your church pastor, a sitting president or top govt functionaries can she do what she did?

If the NYSC lady is intimidated into silence by the above named people, does that make this right?
It's not just the lady...many people from the army contingent there to NYSC officials had complained to the girl about her mode of dressing.

integrityfood: The law of God is more supreme than laws of men and if someone on the accounts of his or her union with God refuses what does not cause harm to his naighbour, then why cause him pain?

If you spent more time reading your Bible instead of moronically arguing on Nairaland, you'd see the portion in your Bible where Jesus Christ said "Render unto ceaser what belongs to Ceaser". the laws of the land must be obeyed!
Re: If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 20, 2013
tayoccu: Imagine the girl doing the man o'war drill with a skirt on, the skirt will definately tear won't it?
Dnt talk out of point, how will those women dressed in islamic regalia climb jacob's ladder and d rest during Man O' war drills? Dnt be sentimental about this issue.

1 Like

Re: If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by Cabsso(m): 9:32am On Mar 20, 2013
[quote author=ajayitp04] Dnt talk out of point, how will those women dressed in islamic regalia climb jacob's ladder and d rest during Man O' war drills? Dnt be sentimental about this issue.
Tak a careful luk at d women putin on d hijab u wil found out dat it can nt stop dem frm drilln bt a lady putin on skirt wil nt b confortable asid dat hw abt d free display whc is bad.
Re: If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by bukatyne(f): 9:41am On Mar 20, 2013
Re: If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by 4shizzle(f): 11:46am On Mar 20, 2013
Its like saying why do newscaster on NTA network wear hijab? A christian S.U I.e a none jewelry and none make up using lady who plaits or threads her hair would never get d same broadcasting priviledge. Why do you think?
Re: If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by tayoccu(m): 1:46pm On Mar 23, 2013
ajayitp04: Dnt talk out of point, how will those women dressed in islamic regalia climb jacob's ladder and d rest during Man O' war drills? Dnt be sentimental about this issue.
You're the sentimental one, I'm a christian for pete's sake.
I do not support the use of either hijab, skirts or any other gear apart from the official nysc gear.

Look @ it this way, an hijab (tho not the official head gear of the nysc, can be tucked into the Khaki (or any top worn by the corper), and it won't hinder any physical activity the corper engages in, but a skirt...

1 Like

Re: If Muslim Corpers Are Allowed To Wear Hijab,shud Xtian Corpers Be Denied Skirts? by enny5: 11:17pm On Jul 06, 2013
contactmorak: When reacting to story of the female corper decamped for refusing to wear trousers, the Ogun State NYSC Co-ordinator, Mrs T.I Anosike said that wearing anything outside approved
NYSC kits during the orientation programme
was not allowed in the camp. This she said
was the reason why every corps member was
made to signed undertaking on cultism and
dress code.
"Nobody asked her to leave. She was asked to
comply with the NYSC directives or leave. So
she decided to leave. When she said that she
won't comply, we asked her to put it in
writing which she did. So we didn't expel her,
she left on her own."

Is Hijab NYSC dress code? Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to cause any religion argument here, but just trying to see if we can make aa case for that young lady that was decamped by Ogun state NYSC.

Very wise decision for her to decamp. The NYSC dress code is stated before you apply for camp. She can go go back home, does not really matter. Secondly she was serving in Ogun state that is not a muslim state ( THANK GOD), so what was her problem? If I were to go to sokoto and put on a bum short they would probably cut my legs off. So if you want to live with the romans, you have to dress and behave like the romans. If you dont like roman laws, leave rome. Simple. You guys even messed up by posting this thread. Now she will feel she is important & that it is probably an important issue. mstweeeeeee. She can serve in maduguri on the boarders of lake chad if she wants. Nobody cares! !

(1) (Reply)

Do You Like The State You Were Redeployed To? / Nysc Batch B Posted To Katsina State.lets Meet Here / NYSC;Any Regrets After Influencing Your Posting???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.