Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,914 members, 7,799,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Bbc Website Have Definitely Done It This Time - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Bbc Website Have Definitely Done It This Time (938 Views)

If Google Fails To Approve This Time Then They Are Biased / Please I Need A Review ! Will Definitely Implemet Your Recommendation / Quiz: How Do You Bypass. . .(not The Spam Bot Again This Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bbc Website Have Definitely Done It This Time by my2cents(m): 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2008
So, after a long while, I decide to visit the BBC website. I notice that the bland design has been replaced with something much better and so I proceed to scan the home page with my eyes in zig-zag formation. My eye suddenly stumbles upon what I will call the masterpiece of the year - check the top right.

Maybe there are other sites that have implemented a flash clock, but I have never seen one myself. The thing is tight, compact and the seconds hand movement is smooooth and its based on the client's time as opposed to the server's kiss

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

What do you all think?
Re: Bbc Website Have Definitely Done It This Time by Farriel(m): 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2008
Hmm, its indeed splendid.
Re: Bbc Website Have Definitely Done It This Time by tundewoods(m): 10:59pm On Mar 25, 2008
[center]ALL HAIL THE ALL NEW BBC WEBSITE ! LONG LIVE THE NEW KING. wink[/center]
Re: Bbc Website Have Definitely Done It This Time by kazey(m): 8:00am On Mar 26, 2008
china was so impressed with the new design and they removed it from their filter block grin . But hec I still prefer the CNN site. The bbc site, is just for the homepage, the inside content still shows the old design.
Re: Bbc Website Have Definitely Done It This Time by my2cents(m): 10:56am On Mar 26, 2008
china was so impressed with the new design and they removed it from their filter block
Interesting.

he bbc site, is just for the homepage, the inside content still shows the old design.
Kazy, Chei! You bad o grin

I just visited the site this morning and noticed that the color scheme has changed. Yesterday is was a gold-ish color. Today it is a hot pink-ish color. I guess they are either experimenting with this or it changes on a daily basis. Anyone else notice a change on their end?
Re: Bbc Website Have Definitely Done It This Time by niyyie(m): 4:25pm On Mar 27, 2008
The new BBC homepage is truly great. Well, its a green-coloured themed today.
Re: Bbc Website Have Definitely Done It This Time by my2cents(m): 4:47pm On Mar 27, 2008
Yeah Niyyie, I get the green template as well.

Let's just hope they are changing it out temporarily and are getting feedback from the users, otherwise where is it gonna stop? A different color for each day of the year? shocked

I (and perhaps others) are getting "web shock" from having to adapt to an ever-changing color scheme. If this continues, I just might have to withdraw my initial kudos tongue
Re: Bbc Website Have Definitely Done It This Time by niyyie(m): 7:21pm On Apr 01, 2008
The new look has now been extended to the inner pages. See http://news.bbc.co.uk Its much better now. Wider, bigger fonts, better colours, etc
Re: Bbc Website Have Definitely Done It This Time by my2cents(m): 7:31pm On Apr 01, 2008
Yeah, I can see and it looks nice.

When I went there yesterday, only the news landing page was new. If you clicked on the inner pages, you got the same old format.

I guess they went for evolution, not revolution, slicing the onion, one layer at a time grin
Re: Bbc Website Have Definitely Done It This Time by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 02, 2008
Thumbs up to the BBC web team. What did they use anyway? is it Flex or CSS
Re: Bbc Website Have Definitely Done It This Time by timmy(m): 4:19pm On Apr 03, 2008
guess what tripped me the most

the rolex ad shocked waoowing web2.0 rocks!!

(1) (Reply)

15 Skills Every Newbies Needs To Know About Owning A Website / Major Website Project Needs Collaboration - Interested? / Webpage Maker V 3.2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.