Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,534 members, 7,808,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Abuja Online Business Directory - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Abuja Online Business Directory (1151 Views)

Online Business: Do People Really Sell Online In Nigeria? / Edoconnect.com.ng Business Directory Listing For Edo State Businesses / Business Directory In Nigeria, Yellow Pages – Phone book Advertising Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Online Business Directory by Abujafood: 12:43pm On Mar 14, 2013
We all know what a business directory is – a listing of businesses with their contact information. The yellow pages easily come to mind when we think of the term business directory. In the past that meant a voluminous book with many pages of businesses and their contact information without a way of knowing which of those businesses could offer you exactly what you wanted. In this day and age everything is going digital including business directories which offer some measure of description for the businesses we are searching for.However there is a

new twist to how people find businesses using online directories with the incorporation of interactivity for end users to know and understand what a particular business is offering and not just the contact information.

Here is how it works;

Search Engine Optimized Articles

Let’s assume I want to organize a party for my son and I need an Abuja outdoor caterer to provide meals for the party and a kids’ party planner for instance, I could go to Google and type in the keywords “Abuja Outdoor Catering Service” and “Abuja Kids Party Planner” to search for what I want. After going through the results and I click on a link that points me to a business page such as one found on Abujafood.com, then I can not only view the name and address of the outdoor caterer in Abuja but also see a compelling write-up about the services the business runs and a series of photos to cover sample works done by the service provider. The same applies to the kids’ party planner. What’s more is the opportunity for a reader to drop a comment and say a thing or two about the business with the business owner also being able to reply what was said by the commenter. That’s the interactive aspect of the directory.

Through Social Media

Another way to find a business on an interactive directory would be through Social Media. For instance, I may be spending time with friends on Social Media via BBM, Twitter or Facebook when I suddenly receive a post or comment that catches my attention for the same thing I’m looking for. After reading the post and following the link on it which incidentally points to a business page on an interactive directory, I receive a similar experience as with the case of SEO. With over 500 registered members on Abujafood.com, 700 members on Twitter and over 1000 on Abujafood.com's Facebook group plus 200 on google plus we are directly talking to almost 2500 people who will potentially be informed whenever we share information by Social Media platforms.

Regular readers

Regular readers of an online magazine such as Abujafood.com can browse through the business directory when looking for information about a particular kind of business. For instance, I want to organize a wedding, why should I run all over Abuja asking every Segun and Aisha I meet, when I can simply check out the digital directory listings via my Smart phone and find a business that will give me what I want. This way I save time searching for what I want.

Read More
Re: Abuja Online Business Directory by NetBizguy: 6:41am On Oct 04, 2014
Nants is building a Business Directory of all Traders in Nigeria here it goes people can find products and services right in the comfort of their homes, I like this because traders in nigeria are now being introduced to the use of ICTs to drive their businesses

http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CBwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nairaland.com%2F1932640%2Fabuja-business-directory-nants-fct&ei=FIYvVKLNINfzarTfgMgG&usg=AFQjCNFhIEaqpJmnWy9gXMfRsQNs0chcHg&sig2=R81bIBw-Ah0gfHiyoP_q0A&bvm=bv.76802529,d.d2s

http://www.nantsfct.org.ng/business-directory
Re: Abuja Online Business Directory by GoodMuyis(m): 1:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
We have alot of Business Directory in Nigeria just search google all of them have a lot of Directories of Contact,
Example is cangho.com

(1) (Reply)

The Secret Of My Success Is Hard Work – Mike Adenuga / To Sublet: Office Space @ Ogba, Lagos / Nigeria To Import Coal From South Africa - What About Enugu Coal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.